RoomStays.comTerrible Customer Service

J

DO NOT USE RoomStays.com for your hotel booking arrangements, 1) their customer service is non-existent! 2) they don't refund your money (credit card) within a reasonable time (according to their website, its 3 business days), and 3) they take the money immediately! I have been trying to get a refund for a room cancellation, which the hotel approved, for over 2 weeks. I can't get any one from customer service to respond either by email or phone! They are horrible and I would not recommend anyone using them! Go to hotels.com or one of the other reliable booking agents.

• Md
    MDMOM May 05, 2014

If you plan on booking though room stay, do not have any intentions of cancelling because even though when you first read the terms, it states "NO CANCELATION FEE" they impose a hotel policy charge on 1 night plus process fee. It cost me 150.00 to cancel. This site is a scam. DO NOT BOOK ON THIS SITE WWW.ROOMSTAY.COM. - The hotels should not deal with them. Call the hotel directly!!

• Da
    daytona883 May 01, 2014

I tried to cancel my reservation 4 month in advance and was told by Sam a manager that it was the hotels policy to charge a 1 day plus tax fee to cancel. Upon talking to the hotel their policy is 72 hours like most. My advice is DO NOT USE THIS BOOKING AGENT!

• Li
    Liz Guthridge Mar 05, 2014

Roomstays is so deceptive. When I called to cancel our hotel room because our plans had changed, they told me that they couldn't cancel the $9.95 charge immediately. I needed to call back. When I called back, they told me that it was impossible to cancel the charge. It was their cost of doing business.

I called my credit card company to dispute. They cancelled the charge as a courtesy to me, which I appreciate. However, it bothers me that Roomstays continues to act as a vulture preying on people who don't know what they're up to.

• Se
    Senior55 Feb 13, 2014

I thought I was booking directly, and discovered I had booked through roomstay only after I arrived at the hotel. Then I checked confirmation letter and discovered the charge of $9.95 at the bottom of the letter. Deceptive practice of bilking even alert customers. Like others, I paid more for an inferior room. One noter above noted they slide the word "roomstay" right after the hotel name. If the name is long - like my hotel name was - it's very easy to miss. Choosing hotels with lengthy names is likely part of their questionable business practices.

• Me
    meeee2 Jan 28, 2014

I have had a similar experience with roomstays.com The whole business is based on scamming YOU out of $10. They scam enough people out of $10 every day to run their business. That's it. That's all it is $10 theft multiplied by thousands of people. STAY AWAY FROM SCAMSTAY-I MEAN ROOMSTAY!!!...

• Ju
    Just say NO to roomstays Jan 09, 2014

I had a very similar experience. I thought I was making a reservation directly with the hotel, but it really was through roomstays (it came up first on a search). My bad for not paying attention. 10 minutes later, I realized I had to cancel, so I called, and I also found out that I would be charged the $9.95 non-refundable fee. I told the person on the phone I never saw anything about this, but she just brushed me off. I guarantee I'll be more careful in the future, but buyer beware - be sure to stay away from roomstays.com!

• Tr
    travell Aug 27, 2013

I, too, booked a room through roomstays.com without even realizing it. I did a search for Aloft Dulles, went to what I thought was the Aloft website and booked my room. Later I discovered a separate charge of $9.95 on my credit card and discovered that somehow I booked through roomstays.com. When I called roomstays.com about the $9.95 charge, the rep told me their website mentioned the $9.95 charge under "rates and fees." I cannot find any tab or link for "rates and fees." I emailed roomstays.com customer service and received the following: "...Our $9.95 non-refundable service fee is accounted for and stated within the tax and fees, and was included in your total charge amount. It is also listed within the cancellation policy." I cannot find any link or tab for cancellation policy on their website. The company and the website seem to be intentionally deceiving. I will not (knowingly) ever use them again.

• Un
    Unbelievable70 Apr 08, 2012

Reservation#, I called to cancel reservation due to error on my behalf. I made the phone call literally within 2minutes of hitting the send button. Room stay advised me they could not cancel the reservation for me & that even though the hotel did NOT have the reservation in their system yet, they were expecting the reservation & I would be charged a $35 fee for cancelling. This is very poor business practice and I don't understand how the company could blame someone who has no control to cancel the reservation. the representative also (although in a very indirect way) told me to shut up basically. This is ridiculous. This is unacceptable & I report them to the BBB.

• Un
    Unbelievable70 Apr 08, 2012

Just filed a complaint w/ the BBB, I hope all of you did the same.

• Ro
    Roaming gnome Feb 21, 2012

Roomstay.com has not gone out of business because they are still stealing people's money. We recently booked a hotel through them, completely accidentally. My husband typed the hotel name into his browser and a page opened up that looked like the Westin's. Assuming he was dealing with the Westin directly, he booked the room. This was a work trip and as it turned out dates needed to be changed. That's when the fun began. Long story short, he discovered his error when he tried to cancel and message came up stating there would be no refund because it the room was "deeply discounted." The room was $200 a night which is $10 off the regular rate! Calling Roomstay customer service got as nowhere as they blamed the hotel. When he called the hotel they said it was out of their hands b/c he booked through Roomstay. Thankfully, we always book these things with an AmEx card so I'm sure it will be resolved.

• J5
    J5717 Nov 29, 2011

• He
    hen1985 Oct 25, 2011

Roomstay.com double charged me, and when I called the customer service, they hung-up on me three times before I can get an agent to help me to get a refund. They refuse to transfer me to their supervisor. I gonna have to call my bank and put a hold on those charges. One of the worst customer service ever, I'm suprised they have not go out of business yet!!!

• Gs
    gschafer Oct 20, 2011

DO NOT USE THIS SITE! I booked a hotel for 2 nights and before going, called the hotel to change my reservation. They had no history of my reservation - they said I was not booked in. So I had to make a new reservation. Now, I have to try to get my money back from RoomStays. They have no customer service to talk to.

jacquelinedean Aug 06, 2011

I booked a room, went to check in and the Hotel wasn't expecting me! What's worse, they had been sold out for quite some time. The front desk manager said that she often has to deal with this issue, from roomstay.com. It took them almost an hour to find a way to accommodate us, so here we are... At The Hampton Inn in San Antonio, River Walk...on the floor on an air matress. One room 4 people one full bed and an air matress. And for only $100...bargain! The fun began when roomstay offered me a $30 voucher. The offer came after I called the customer support team, and some lady hung up on me when I demanded to talk to a supervisor. I'm going to call my bank and report fraud, theft by deception, passing off a purchase when the seller had no intent to deliver. The Hampton Inn Staff is awesome