Roomsnet.comHotel Booking

I booked a hotel through Roomsnet.com and upon my arrival at the hotel I was told that my booking had been cancelled by Roomsnet.com the previous day. I had to pay again at the hotel and was told by Roomsnet that they would refund me the money. Nearly 4 weeks have now passed and I have only been given a partial refund and only got that after phoning almost every single day of my holiday. I would strongly advise against booking a hotel/apartment through this website.

chadder Aug 11, 2009

We have also booked a holiday with Roomsnet.Com who we have used many times before with no problem. However they have recently emailed me to say that the booking has been cancelled with the hotel due to a problem with their agents in resort.
    They state that our money is being refunded (not yet received) & we have had no choice but to book with another company (Alpharooms) who state all should be ok.
    They would not give any more details, & on checking their website they have no availability for the whole of Spain so I would recommend giving them a miss for any future bookings until it is known what the problem is.

joannelees Aug 13, 2009

have you had a refund yet?

markdubya Aug 21, 2009

This happend to us in Ibiza 2 weeks ago. They were totally useless in trying to sort it out. It ruined the first 4 days of our holiday and we also had to pay again. We thank the hotel for their patience whilst we tried to sort it out. Roomsnet emergency support were no support at all !!!. It cost us a load of money in phone calls. They tried to blame the agent in Spain, the middleman, for not paying the hotel. We did get a refund.

This has also happend to a firend of ours in April and another in August. The exact same story "your room has been cancelled" the day before arrival.

Mark

markdubya Aug 21, 2009

Also on another site I read:

"My wife & myself were due to fly to Paris on 24th July '09. Having booked a hotel with Roomsnet 6 months before we were due to leave, imagine how we felt when we were informed 24 hours before we were due to fly out that we had no hotel room. Seemingly Roomsnet had a problem with there agent in Paris, they couldn't offer us a hotel, but at least thet refunded our money in full.
    So having to look for a hotel the day before we were due to leave was pretty stressfull especially when the finish of the Tour de France was on the same weekend."

Seems they like to blame everyone apart from themselves. We seem to all be in the same boat, a sinking one albeit.

Mark

Joanne2906 Aug 23, 2009

we arrived in spain on 21 August to find out our hotel had been cancelled by the spanish agent of roomsnet.com due to the fact they are not being paid by them, the hotel did not keep a room for us that is the belvedere hotel in salou which is not good of them, we had to then walk around in peak season with two children trying to find a hotel, we managed to get 3 nights in one and 4 in another, I am e mailing roomsnet.com and they say they cant refund the money due to the fact my card expires the end of this month but I say they can if they do it now, they are asking for alternative card details but I am frightened to give them as I dont trust them, I have used them before but never ever w0uld again what a mess

• Dj
    DJ04 Aug 24, 2009

We arrived in La Pineda on 7th August, having booked and paid in full for our hotel in May. There were 12 of us altogether, 6 adults and 6 young children. Imagine our horror when we went to check in and were told that our reservations were cancelled because of problems with Roomsnet. The hotel was fully booked, as were most hotels for one of the busiest weeks in Spain, but the local tourist agent was extremely helpful and he eventually found a hotel that could accomodate us all in Salou. Roomsnet were uncontactable by phone, but they replied to my e-mails citing payment processing difficulties with the local agents ??? What a pile of crap. They have said we will get our money refunded but we haven't received anything so far. I have often used them in the past, but never again...

• Ho
    holiday09 Aug 27, 2009

I am speaking on behalf of my cousin, who has recently booked a week holiday in Spain for the family (4 adults). Upon arrival, they realized the booking has been cancelled by Roomsnet due "to systems issue by our local agents (Amex cards)”. Roomsnet couldn't be reached by phone, but they do replied to emails. None of the contacts in their contacts webpage actually works, phone rings endlessly, skype, gtalk and Live Chat do not work. She is still waiting for the refund, and the expected date to have it credited ends tomorrow. At no point Roomsnet has informed my cousin of the payment issue. Payment issues may occur, but clients not being informed of the situation is unacceptable. I would not recommend this site to anyone...

• Ro
    royhow Aug 30, 2009

helpjust arrived in benidorm to be told our two week hotel booking was cancelled due to roomnet have gone bust had to pay again cant get any reply from them by phone left a message, awaiting responce
    mark p

• Ro
    royhow Aug 30, 2009

totally in the dark dont no whats going on booked through this site may times but today on our arrival told roomsnet gone bust and have had to pay 780.00 eurs so we could get into hotel or be stranded my booking ref no rn294626 please can you enlighten me urgent

• Lo
    lorrick Sep 02, 2009

i had the same problem with roomsnet tryed for 3 days by phone emailed several times eventually got reply saying money to be refunded still waiting

• Da
    Dave c Sep 02, 2009

We had booked room through roomsnet for the 9 sep..rang hotel ref something else and found out our booking cancelled..Have tried to call e mail etc their help line no anwser to anything...According to the hotel the room was cancelled by spanish agent the same day we booked it..so DO NOT USE ROOMSNET..We had last year and no problem but after reading on here and other sites it seems to be a problem they seem to make time and time again...Will try tomorrow to see if we can claim money back through cc company but not much time to rebook and prices are far more expensive

Scullet Sep 05, 2009

How can these robbers get away with this!! I have booked a paid for a hotel in h10 Andulicia Plaza Marbella for 8th Oct 2009. My gut feeling having rung, e-mailed, left several messages told me something was weong and boy was I right!! I paid the final balance on 21st Aug 2009, no voucher to this date has been sent, so I contacted the Hotel direct. Guess what ?? The ROOMSNET.COM cancelled the rooms in June!! Does anyone know where go to get a refund, I have tried my bank they said because paid with switch I gave permission for these robbing ###!! Good job I read this forum and checked with the hotel. Im gutted I have paid £700 for two rooms that dont exsist! Once more I can no longer with my family & friends go on the hen weekend. Does anyone know if they have gone bust please help!!

• Di
    dick turpin [robbed] Sep 05, 2009

i too have had trouble with these sharks, roomsnet.com.how are they allowed to get away with scamming hard working genuine people. the name for these scamming people, no i wont call these ### people, they are nothing but ### robbing ###, hope they get there cumupence, that is well an trully due to them. they will reap what they sow. why have these hotels not been warning the public, this leaves me very suspicious, about hotels still takin bookings from roomsnet.com when surely they have known from reports, why they have let it carry on. is beyond me . this leaves me to warn you people who are thinking of booking.forget it or you will end up like many others like me, robbed!!! dont you other people who have dealt with roomsnet.com feel suspicious about the hotels dealing with roomsnet.com. your views on this matter please, all who have been sucked in.

• Su
    Sun Lover Sep 06, 2009

I have looked on my" personal page "of Roomsnet and the site does say quite clearly that the hotel will have no knowledge of the individual booking until 72 hours before clients are due to arrive. I believe the bookings are done through their Spanish agent - so cannot imagine why Roomsnet would be phoning hotels with cancellations.

I suggest Sculet looks on his/her personal page which will indicate whether a voucher has been issued; worth checking your "Spam" box.

Paddy

chazman Sep 07, 2009

i booked a holiday for the 17th oct 09 .. with roomsnet.com... have had alot of bad feelings about it . booked back in march and they sent on my voucher by email... still feel very uneasy about all of this.. tried ringing .. email ... on line 24 customer service, no joy... got a number for the hotel and rang them, they say my rooms are booked but not paid for in full ... they are dealing with a company called Hotelbeds... asked how good is this company ? highly recommended... but for some reason my gut feels something is not right... will let everybody know the outcome, have dealt with them earlier this year with no problems.

• Gi
    girls Sep 08, 2009

I too have had trouble with roomsnet.com we arrived at our hotel San Diego Salou on sat 29th Aug 09 and was told it was cancelled asked if we could still have our room told no rooms we offered to pay but they did not want to know the staff were very unhelpful and myself and friend whom is 77 years old left after 30 mins we found alternitive accommodation at a cost of 490 euros have not been able to contact roomsnet from out in spain and also since we have been home does anyone have a contact no. they have used to get through .We have used this company for the last 2 years have booked several holidays and had no problems before.It was fortunate we knew the area and other hotels which we have stayed in the past, iwould hate to think if it was someones first trip and were treated as we were .Any feed back most welcome ?

• St
    steved Sep 12, 2009

Have encountered problems with their website for the past 5 days, tried various destinations and dates, site always come up with Accommodation not available

Has anyone else noticed this ?

Jophy Sep 15, 2009

Speaking on behalf of my mum, I'm quite frankly disgusted. Today she was due to pay the remainder of her holiday, having paid a £400 deposit, and these sharks are not available for contact through any means. Been phoning for 2 hours, emailing, using the text service etc. but alas, nothing. Having searched google for other articals it certainly appears to me that roomsnet.com have either gone bust, or pulled off what I can only describe as a worldwide scam.

My mum is now in tears, having lost money which she could really do with right now, and a holiday she deserved and needed, I am absolutely fuming that the company haven't notified us of anything. Most people were informed the company had cancelled their booking, whereas my mum wasn't informed of anything of the sort, it was only by accident I discovered that people have also had this problem.

I take it there is no way to reclaim this money now?

• Ke
    Kevlen Sep 15, 2009

have just got back from Dublin. Booked through roomsnet.com. Booked and paid for hotel about six months ago. Arrived on Saturday and was told the room had been cancelled on 4th Sept by Jacobs online, they had recieved no money from roomsnet.com. I had to pay another £300 to secure a room for the 3 nights. Hotel was brilliant but I would never book through roomsnet.com!!! Rip off merchants-AVOID!!!

Scullet Sep 15, 2009

Hi All

Reading through all the probelms made by Roomsnet.com, decided to report these scammers to Watchdog today and Rogue Traders. They will be under investigation by the Trading standards also! These Rats are probably sitting off with the thousands of pounds of our hard earned monies and blagging us all into thinking we are getting a refund!!

The more people to report these the better as we shall uncover these vermin, they will surely be exposed and hopefully procecuted.. One of our investigators said the Roomsnet.com Office is a Pharmacy In London!! PLEASE PLEASE DONT BOOK WITH THE LYING FRAUDING ROOMSNET.COM and yes people they are still trading...but hopefully not for long!!

Antonio Galrinho Sep 16, 2009

I am Portuguese. I made a booking with Roomsnet on 29th June 2009 for the period of 8th to 16th August at Barcelo Punta Umbria Beach Resort in Spain. When I arrived there they told me that may booking was cancelled the day before by SEHRS which is the agent in Spain. Reason: no payment received from Roomsnet. The have charged my credit card on 29th June. I have to pay to the Hotel again. I got in touch with Roomsnet and they told me, by e-mail, that refund of my money will be made. I need to allow 5-7 working days. The problem is that since then I did not receive may money. I have exchanged with them a lot of e-mails and they always replied that refund will be made shortly. On 1st September they advised that they have had a problem with accounts and finance system but the problem was already being sdolved. Definitely my refund will be made and I need to allow 5-7 working days to receive it. Of course, I did not receive it till now.
    Yesterdat I have sent an e-mail to BBCwatchdog. I am thinking in addressing myself to the British Consulate in Lisbon, Portugal, in order to know whther they can help me to solve this problem.
    ASG

andyn1981 Sep 18, 2009

Same experience here - my friends and I paid almost £3000 to them in January. We got to our hotel on the 7 September to be told that they had not paid the hotel and therefore they had cancelled the reservation. We then had to promptly try and get rooms elsewhere and pay again (there were a number of people due to arrive on later flights than us). We spent between us a further £3560.00 on a hotel. Its scandalous they dont answer by phone nor does the webchat work. They do however reply by email very quickly. Whilst I was there I emailed the thiefs and told them to get the money refunded. I got a response almost immediately advising that due to an issue with AMEX there were problems sending payment. I pointed out that we had paid them in January and that this was unnaceptable. They advised we would be refunded within 5-7 working days. Guess what this has not appeared. Today I made contact with the company secretary at her place of work. At an NHS surgery. She advised me that she was no longer attached to them. However she would get them to contact me. Within 20 minutes I received a call from Sri Lanka advising me that the system issues had been resolved and that the money would be refunded within 2 weeks. Time will tell... What they dont know is that I work for a large financial institution. If on my return to work I find out that they bank with us then I will have no qualms in blowing the whistle on what they are up to. I have also reported them to Consumer Direct and to Watchdog. I would urge you all to do the same. If you want to contact this woman at her workplace, please do so. Her name is Amanda Walsh (the director is Dr Silva who is also based there) Bayswater Medical Centre [protected].

Scullet Sep 19, 2009

HERE IS THE PHONE NUMBER TO "" ROOMSNET.COM"" THEY ARE OPERATING FROM BAYSWATER MEDICAL PRACTICE 46 CRAVEN RD LONDON. GET IN TOUCH WITH AMANDA WALSH THE CO SEC/PRACTICE MANAGER FOR BOTH!! SAY YOU ARE RETURING HER CALL AND SHE WILL ASK YOU FOR REF NO/CONTACT & NAME... HOUND HER IT WILL PISS HER OFF BUT TELL HER U WANT MONIES BACK OR WATCHDOG WILL INVESTIGATE. THE NUMBER IS [protected] / FAX [protected]. THE MORE EXPOSURE THE BETTER BUT HOUND HER, I HAVE.. I HAVE REPORTED THESE ### TO WATCHDOG/TRADING STANDARDS, DR.DAYA DE SILVA IS ALSO THE MAIN DOG IN THIS A GP OF ALL PEOPLE, THEY ALSO COMMUNICATE FROM SRI LANKA SO BE ON THE LOOK FOR THESE NUMBERS. IAM GOING TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE BMC REGARDING A GP DOING UNETHICAL THINGS, ### SHOULD BE THROWN OFF & EXPOSED..HOPEFULLY SOMEONE OF OUR CONTACTS WILL DO SOMETHING !!

• Ha
    HarryK1947 Oct 17, 2009

Back at the beginning of May, we booked and paid for a one-night hotel stay in Ibiza in September. On arrival at the hotel on the Friday night we were told that the booking had been cancelled on August 3rd by the Spanish agency who were the middleman between Roomsnet and the hotel, because the agency had not been paid. Roomsnet's emergency number "if you experience any difficulties at check-in" was useless, just rang and rang, both that night and the next day. We had to pay again for our room. My subsequent attempts to speak to anyone at Roomsnet were a complete failure and on the Monday I emailed their customer support threatening to post a truthful and accurate account of my experience on TripAdvisor and anywhere else I could find. I got a response the same day, claiming that there had been a problem with the "payment server" and that they had been unable to determine who had been paid and who had not(!). I was promised a refund in 7 working days. This never materialised.
    On our return from Ibiza we found answerphone message from a representative of Roomsnet, apologising once again and promising a refund "in three weeks". That three weeks ran out yesterday and I've not had a refund.
    I've reported this to Westminster Council Trading Standards (where Roomsnet's registered office is situated) and to my local Trading Standards officers. I'm also going back to my credit card issuer to pursue a charge-back for the original transaction, since I doubt very much that I'll ever see any money from Roomsnet.

• Al
    aletta uiterwijk May 05, 2011

I totally agree with the complaints about ROOMSNET.com!
    After I booked 2 rooms, cancelled 1 room in time, they cashed the money for 2 rooms and until now; 1month later, 5 phonecalls, 4 e-mails, all promising the refund in 7 days, I am still WAITING!
    Not serious, this is CHEATING.

• Le
    Lemmy Atom May 07, 2012

We booked accommodation January 2012 for a week at a top class hotel in Melbourne with Roomsnet.com. Paid in advance, it was during the Australian Open Tennis. The whole experience was brilliant and will do the same thing again this year. Seems there may have been issues in the past but perhaps all is ship shape and Bristol fashion.