Roomsnet.comcancelled bookings no refund

Having read a lot of forums on the internet about people having trouble with roomnet.com, and having booked a room with them in july, i checked with the hotel in spain to find they had recieved no payment and the booking had been cancelled. I am trying to get the money back from the credit card firm as i have had no luck contacting roomsnet via phone or email. Now I am taking it a step further and invite people who have not had a refund to join me in contacting bbc watchdog programme to see if we have any joy with their help. They should not be allowed to get away with this as it is basically fraud.

• Pa
    Patricia Graca Sep 15, 2009

Hello,
    i placed my reservation by Roomsnet as well and i travelled from Portugal to Spain and when i got there i had no reservation and i had to find another hotel.
    Roomsnet doesn't answer any phonet but they replied to my emails saying that they will refund my money, but 2 weeks has passed already.
    As i'm from Portugal i would like to know if you have any contacts who may help us solving this issue, as my credit card company doesn't cover this kind of things.
    And i'm free and happy to join anything that can stop their actions.

Jon Mellor Sep 17, 2009

Hello,
    Me too. I had a booking ith roomsnet.com in Budapest on July 19th. They cancelled it 6 days before I arrived and I was already on my way overland. They promised to refund the full difference (I had to book independently at the hotel) but have not answered letters, phone calls or emails. I will happily supply any details watchdog or any other consumer group requires.

• Em
    Empeef Sep 17, 2009

Same thing - made booking with them end July-turned up at hotel I'd booked 7th Sept to find the booking had been cancelled by Roomsnet's Spanish accommodation provider - Smilo. In e mails to the hotel Smilo complained that Roomsnet had not paid them. I was unable to contact Roomsnet by phone & have only been able to email them today, so am waiting for their reply. I notice Roomsnet's web site is still running & appears to be accepting bookings.

On other sites where there are many complaints about Roomsnet two names come up -Amanda Walsh & Dr Silva as company secretary & Director, who seem to be running it from a medical surgery - Bayswater Medical Group - seems a strange place to run a business from.

Has anyone contacted Trading Standards? Or considered Small Claims Court?

• De
    Dennis55 Sep 17, 2009

Ive booked with Roomsnet.com since 2006 and had no complaints whatsoever. I recently tried to book a hotel in Benalmadena but each time I typed the dates in I was prompted with some reply stating my search criteria needs to be changed. At first I though all hotels were fully booked up until I altered dates etc.
    There must have been some happenings with them but nothing has been mentioned in press nor on their web site. I have booked my hotel with Alpha rooms but they are no cheaper than the high street travel agent. In fact, I went to the local Thomas Cook agent and could have got a full package cheaper including transfers than booking on the web. This thing about booking on line is cheaper is not true most the time.

Denn

• Al
    alfiefalfie Sep 17, 2009

ALL WHO HAVE BOOKED THROUGH ROOMSNET.COM YOU HAVE TO BOMBARD AMANDA WALSH AT BAYSWATER MEDICAL PRACTICE 46 CRAVEN ROAD LONDON W2 3QA, SHE IS COMPANY SECRETARY WORKING FROM THE GP SURGERY!! HOW WOULD THE BRITISH MEDICAL COUNCIL LIKE THAT!! RIPPING US ALL OFF THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HONEST PEOPLE, TAKING HYPOCRATIC OATHE MY ###!!

PHONE AMANDA WALSH CONSTANTLEY & BUG HER TO DEATH ON [protected] PLEASE SAY THAT YOU ARE RETURNUNG HER CALL, THEY WILL PUT U THROUGH HAVE YOUR BOOKING REF NUMBER READY!! HOW CAN A DOCTOR DO THIS SCAM AND STILL BE ALLOWED TO PRACTICE?? I HAVE REPORTED THIS TO WATCHDOG AND TRADING STANDARDS NEEDS TO BE INFORMED OF THIS SCAM!! PLEASE ALL PHONE SEND LETTERS ETC AND BUG THESE PEOPLE Don't let them get you!! YOU MAY BE ABLE TO GET YOUR MOIES BACK THEY STATE THEY ARE REFUNDING ME BUT HEY GUESS WHAT NOTHING BUT JACK ### YET. THE MORE EXPOSURE THE BETTER!! WISH US ALL LUCK LETS TRY GET OUR HARD EARNED MONEY BACK... KEEP ME POSTED

• St
    Stotty Cake Sep 21, 2009

Guess what...I've just had the same experiance as all of you in the last couple of weeks. Booked and fully paid for a good hotel in Portugal with Roomsnet, arrived only to find the booking had been cancelled. I made numerous calls to their various so called "Emergency Telephone Numbers" in Portugal, UK and Ireland and none of them were picking up, just went to an answer phone. We were forced to book a room at a much much higher rate just to ensure we had a roog over our head for the next few days. We emailed Roomsnet with a request for them to urgently call us and advise what was going on, still waiting for that call 2 weeks later...

We did receive an email stating a mix-up had occurred and that they would refund the monies within 7 working days, guess what?...yes like the phone call we're still waiting, and all the while we're out of pocket and they have my bloody money.

Watch this space, I'm going to be all over them like a rash in the next few weeks, will keep you posted.

Geordie

Scullet Sep 23, 2009

Hi All
    GET IN TOUCH WITH TRADING STANDARDS I DID AM STILL WAITING TO HEAR BACK, THE MORE THAT GET IN TOUCH IS BETTER FOR US ALL EVEN IF STOPS THESE RATS FROM INTERNET FRAUD/SCAM. EVERY DAY I WILL PESTER MANDY WALSH ON BAYSWATER MEDICAL CENTRE TIL I GET MY MONEY BACK!!

I SUPPOSED TO GO ON THE 8TH OCT BUT HAD ANOTHER BLAG EMAIL SAYING MIX UP WITH FINANCE NOW SORTED, THEY WHERE QUICK ENOUGH TAKING THE MONEY WHY ARENT THEY QUICK TO PUT IT BACK!! KEEP RINGING & EVERYONE COMPLAIN TO TRADING STANDARDS GIVE NAMES ECT & STILL CONTACT WATCHDOG I HAVE JUST WAITING REPLIES...KEEP U POSTED

• Un
    unhappy with roomsnet Sep 23, 2009

I booked with roomsnet and paid back in July 2009, turned up at 11pm on 4th September to find that my hotel room had been cancelled and only the day before! I too have been promised refunds but still nothing from them. I returned back from holiday last week and wrote to my credit card company on the 17th, so giving them 2 weeks to reply back. Can't we go down the route of County Court for small claims? I had to paid another £250 on my credit card, which will need paying (dont have the money!). These people shoud not be allowed to get away with this, its plain and simple fraud. Good luck to you all that are trying to get money back by whichever means.

• Ge
    GeeGee1 Sep 23, 2009

Hi all, the same thing has just happened to us, I booked and prepaid for a hotel in Rome for a family break, only to find when we arrived that the booking had been cancelled. We had to pay a much higher rate in order to stay at the hotel other wise we would have been left high and dry with no accomadation. We are going to claim via our credit card, Im in the process of making a complaint, against the Doctor with the GMC (see web site for contact details), and a complaint with the Westminster PCT that the Bayswater Medical centre is a part of, against Amanda Walsh. I have emailed Watchdog and intend to get in touch with Trading Standards. We must at least get the web site shutdown.
    By the way Im informed that Dr Da Silva has left the medical centre but Amanda is still there.

CHATS Sep 25, 2009

HAS ANYONE THOGHT OF GOING TO THE BAYSWATER MEDICAL CENTRE IN PERSON ? COS I AM EVEN THOUGH IT WILL TAKE ME FIVE HOURS TO GET THERE ... I WILL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED

Scullet Sep 26, 2009

GOOD ON YOU! GO TO 45 AND 46 THEY ARE RUNNING IT FROM THE PHARMACY AND THE SURGERY CHEEKY ###!! HAVE ALL YOUR DETAILS REF NUMBR WHICH IM SURE YOU WILL AND ALL OF US WILL HAVE TO GET THE TRADING STANDARDS INVOLVED, I AM JUST WAITING THE OUTCOME BUT HOPE YOU GET SOMEWHERE COS THEY'LL ALL BE HIDING LIKE RATS, WE SHOULD ALL FORM A GANG LIKE THE WARRIORS!! HA AND THEY WILL ### THEMSELVES!! JOKING APART HOPE IT WORKD KEEP US POSTED

vicky calder Sep 26, 2009

Same happened to me...arrived in Benidorm only to be told booking had been cancelled as payment hadn't been made by Roomsnet. Have sent several emails+although they reply quickly I just get empty promises of full refund. To make it worse I have already booked a holiday for December with them which I will now be cancelling but will have to fight for refund of deposit on that as well. This has totally spoilt my holiday+has left my elderly mum very upset.

I will contact watchdog now by email...and also will be constantly ringing Amanda Walsh at the medical centre. I like all the others can't afford to lose this money.

I would appreciate it if anyone who does manage to get a refund would post here+let me know how.

• To
    TOP MAN Sep 27, 2009

Hi everyone, same old story had to cancel though serious illness, paid the thieving ### £1800 they are a joke full of ### and broken promises, its been a month now, refund was going to happen in 7 then 9 days, now 3 WEEKS!!! Yes they answer your emails but it seems EVERYONE gets the same old excuse!!
    Ive done trading standards, watchdog and working lunch.
    What else can we all do, seems all is lost but l keep hounding em!!! I WILL.
    Also seem they are taking bookings again from their website BEWARE!!!
    REGARDS
    TOP MAN

vicky calder Sep 27, 2009

I have now cancelled next holiday which I had already booked before I found out what was happening. They replied instantly to confirm cancellation but they now seem to have blocked emails Im sending about refund...has this happened to anyone else? I will be ringing Amanda Walsh in the morning and will let everyone know if I get any further with this.

CHATS Sep 28, 2009

Hi all just letting you all know that I got in touch with The Sun newspaper and have just had a reply this morning . They think it is a good story and are looking into it, so if more people get in touch with them it will help, The email address is [email protected] or you could ring her deputy Peter Bell on [protected] I will keep you all informed xx

vicky calder Sep 28, 2009

Thanks for that, I will email them now. I tried to ring Amanda Walsh this morning only to be told that she is on her annual leave...funnily though the person I spoke to didn't know when she would be back at work!!! These robbing b******s need to be stopped.

Scullet Sep 29, 2009

BINGO BINGO BINGO!! THE BANKER GOT SPANKED!! POSITIVLEY DELIGHTED GOT MY MONEY BACK!! WOO HOO!! IM GOING ON MY JOLLIES!!

RIGHT WHAT EVERYONE NEED TO DO IS GET IN TOUCH WITH THE TRADING STANDARDS, THEY WORKED FOR ME. THEY PHONED AND EMAILED THEM SAYING THEY WERE GOING TO INVESTIGATE THEM GAVE THEM MY REF NAME/NUMBER AND HEY PRESTO AFTER ALL THE ### THEY DISHED OUT THEY PAID THE MONEY BACK...SO PESTER THE TRADING STANDARDS TO GET ON THERE CASES AND YOU WILL HOPEFULLY GET MONEY BACK. I WOULD STILL ANNOY THE LIFE OF ANYONE WHO HAS A SNIFF TO DO WITH THESE, THE MAN MEN ARE TRAING STANDARDS & HARD PESTERING!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE KEEP ME POSTED!! FROM HAPPY SCULLET X

CHATS Sep 29, 2009

HI JUST GOT IN TOUCH WITH TRADING STANDARDS AND THEY ADVISED ME TO SEND A LETTER BY RECORDED DELIVERY TO ROOMSNET STATING THAT THEY ARE IN BREACH OF CONTRACT AND I AM GIVING THEM 14DAYS TO REPAY MY MONEY . I HAVE A REF No TO GET BACK TO TRADING STANDARDS IF THEY DONT PAY UP . ALSO HAD ANOTHER PHONE CALL FROM THE SUN NEWSPAPER WANTING MORE INFO THEY SAID THEY ARE DEFO LOOKING INTO IT SO THANKS TO ALL WHO GOT IN TOUCH WITH THEM IT SURELY HELPED . KEEP POSTING UPDATES GOOD HUNTING ALL !!!

vicky calder Oct 01, 2009

Ive just had a phone call from them saying the money will be in my bank in 3 days time...im not holding my breath though!! I contacted trading standards so MAYBE this time I will get money. Will keep everyone informed.

Joe-lo Oct 01, 2009

Me too

Booked 4 nights in New York, turned up at the hotel only to be told the booking had been cancelled over a week before. Couldnt get a hold of Roomsnet on their supposed 24 hour help line. The hotel only had 3 nights available at a much higher rate, so I had to book another hotel quite some distance away for the last night I was there, and that was very very expensive.

Emailed Roomsnet who told me I would get a refund, but 3 and a half weeks later Im still waiting. Managed to get through to them on Monday 28th Sept (Tel [protected]) to be told I would have a refund in 3 days.

No refund. Called today to be told I would have a refund in 7 days. When I complained was told I will have a refund tomorrow, but cant be guaranteed. I have absolutely no faith.

Called my credit card company (Bank of Scotland) who said they could not help me unless I have a letter from Roomsnet saying they wont refund me.

Have emailed [email protected] as stated on another post and will be contacting Trading Standards tomorrow

CHATS Oct 03, 2009

Same here just had an email from rooms net promising me a refund, but reading all the comments on here I, m not holding my breath . have already got in touch with trading standards who are giving them 14 days (now on the 5th) so I will keep you up to date .

• Ed
    Eddie B Oct 12, 2009

I had used roomsnet.com to book 4 previous holidays all went well until I arrived at my hotel in Tossa de Mar on the 28/09/09 for a 10 day holiday to be told that roomsnet.com had failed to pay the Spanish agency TURISMO despite roomsnet taking full payment from me in July, the agency cancelled the room with the hotel, no one bothered to get in touch with me, I had to pay the hotel again to stay there.
    My brother in law back home in Scotland got onto their chat site on my behalf and was promised I'd be refunded in 4 days, I contacted Visa no money refunded. Roomsnet would not answer any of the 3 numbers I had for them to start with but I eventually I got through to their call centre somewhere in far east, after a brief apology they assured my the would refund all money within 7 days, they even sent an email to confirm this, no money yet and not holding my breath!!
    I have now contacted Visa's dispute department who are looking into the matter for me.

Roomsnet site is still active cant believe none of the major credit card Company's aren't looking into this on behalf of their customers!

• Su
    Suzanne eliz Oct 14, 2009

Hi We have had exactly the same problem with rooms.net. They took our money and we have still not received a refund. We arrived at the hotel to be told our room had not been paid for. I foster children and adults with special needs and i really needed a holiday. Has anyone any suggestions as to how to get our money back. Please advise

• Si
    silvine Oct 24, 2009

Has anyone seen any press reporting of roomsnet failing to honour their obligations.

vicky calder Oct 25, 2009

Hi, just to let everyone know...I have finally received a full refund...as well as the full deposit for holiday I cancelled. I would advise anyone who is having same problem to contact trading standards...they couldn't have been more helpful+as soon as they got involved things got sorted very quickly.

• Mo
    mossy69056 Oct 27, 2009

hi all i too have contacted the trading standards about roomsnet.com.my hotel was cancelled on the 28/09/09 in fuengirola spain.contacting them twice a week since for my refund wth them telling me the same [censored]e that it will be in my account by the end of the week.will be flying over to their office next week from ireland with a few friends for a little chat.

• Vm
    vmccar Nov 10, 2009

Hi everyone
    Like you all I had to cancel a booking because the information Roomsnet had on their website was not of the hotel i wished to book
    It took 65 days to get a refund, after bombarding them with emails (56 in all) every day
    eventually it came, but I will not be using this website again
    I did book with them on other occasions and was luckey to have no problems

• Bo
    Bobbytara Nov 17, 2009

l agree with all these people, booked a holiday with Roomsnet.com will not be booking with them again, did receive a refund, only after sending them emails, every other day. Their website is up and running, will not be booking with them again. Good luck to you all, hope you all get a refund Glo