roomnet.comcancelled hotel booking

P

I booked 5 rooms via roomsnet.com back in May 09 for a long weekend 21st august. Rooms had been paid in full, and I received the confirmation voucher. All 11 of us arrived late at night in Barcelona to be told that they only had confirmed reservation for 3 rooms, 2 rooms had been cancelled earlier that day. I was not willing to pay for extra rooms as I had not cancelled nor had any funds been refunded. We had to cram into the 3 rooms that were available. The hotel and myself tried contacting roomsnet 24 hour service all weekend but no one answered my calls or emails. It has been over 2 months now and I am still waiting for a reimbursement that was promised me on 28th August 09, Roomsnet keep telling me that there refund system keeps crashing and they are dealing with refunds on a first come first serviced basis.

What I have learnt:
do not use Roomsnet again
do not trust the confirmation vouchers as it is not worth the paper it is written on.
do not pay the booking in full as you will not get a refund