Rockybid.comSCAM

S Review updated:

1) The timer jumps back and forth between seconds at times. I am not the only user who notes this. Regardless of whether I use my PC, Mac, or portable device, I see this happen. I highly doubt that all these sources that report this are incorrect.

2) There is no reason that I should be 'timed out' of an auction if I am actively bidding on it. If I am timed out a certain number of times, the website become impossible to simply 'refresh'. I have to completely shut internet explorer off and reboot it to get it to log me back in. By the time this happens, I can easily lose an auction. In fact, this is exactly how I lost the miracle blade auction.

3) When I was bidding on the TV on Saturday night, I tried buying more bids. There was a problem and even though I tried 4 separate times, I was unable to purchase more bids. I was unable to continue bidding on the auction because of this. I lost $125 and had no chance of recouping that because of this glitch.

Not a technical issue, but the largest issue I have with this site aside from a technical one:

There is absolutely no excuse that a timed auction website should be able to use to negate the technical responsibility it has to its users to operate a dependable and steadily running website. The website should work flawlessly, especially when its basis is a timing system. I have spent close to half a thousand dollars on this site as a good customer. I am now going to let all my friends and family know the flaws of the system and encourage them to delete their accounts. The fact that the legal contract has been changed from when I signed up (and hence agreed to the user contract) and I was not notified, I know is not only illegal, it shows a severe lack of moral obligation that the site has to its users.

• G
      Jul 08, 2009

I here what you are saying. I actually bid a lot on these sites because its fun especially if you win. I have seen rockybid.com, but have bid alot with Swoopo.com, although rockybid seems to be tempting. (looks like much less competition) I have had a similar problem on Swoopo.com with the timer freezing, I then thought it might be my connection as I was using a wireless set up. When I used a regular PC with a direct connection I did not encounter such a problem again.
    Also I agree with the last comment you need to use Firefox, I always have IE crash on me even on ESPN, weather.com, and even cnn.com.

PS: I've been off IE for 6 months now and have not crashed once.

• P
      Aug 13, 2009

1) yes sometimes the timer gets out of sync... refreshing your browser usually fixes it... it has always fixed it for me. I don't let extra stuff run in the background ever when bidding, just purely the auction and minor processes just in case.

You say that when your 'timed out' you can't refresh and have to completely shut internet explorer off and reboot it? (I'm hoping you mean reSTART it, lol)... I've been shaking my head since you said Internet Explorer... who the hell still uses that? If it's the newest version you better slap yourself... that version
    is full of bugs and probably the cause of all your issues, hence having to reSTART it all the time. Ditch it immediately, and get a real browser like Opera or Firefox and you'll be worry free.

3) RockyBid has no control over payment gateways... you just receive your bids when they receieve their money, simple as that. If there was a problem, that is strictly on behalf of the merchant.

No matter how you look at the site, all complex sites usually come with some form of problems... These are worked on all around the clock, and any major issues I've had with RockyBid I'd proven to them and they solved the problem in whatever way neccessary, which was always positively in my favor. If there was a technical issue I could see you being upset, but the ones you are accusing them of were not in their control, therefore no basis of argument. The only thing i can agree with that you mentioned is that the auction should NOT timeout while your in the middle of it, which I agree with. However, I haven't had that happen in quite some time, unless I just have a screen sitting there and never click anything at all. I'd imagine this is a security feature in the event you left your account open and unattended to prevent someone from coming behind you changing your information or wasting your bids.

• S
      Jul 11, 2010
    Rockybid.com - scam website for bidding against bogus shill bidders
    Alabama
    rockybid.com

I WAS ON THIS WEBSITE FOR 4 HOURS FROM 10:00PM UNTIL 2:00AM BIDDING AGAINST A SHILL BIDDER THAT ENDED UP WINNING AGAINST SEVERAL OF US UNAWARE BIDDERS.THE USER NAME WAS beat2dead1 .I WATCHED AFTER SPENDING ABOUT 90.00 AND RUNNING OUT OF BIDS TO SEE IF THIS BIDDER WAS GOING TO WIN.NO ONE ELSE WAS PLAYING AGAINST HIM AND HE KEPT BIDDING AGAINST HIMSELF, SO THAT THE TIME WOULD NOT RUN OUT HOPING MORE PEOPLE WOULD START BIDDING AND A FEW DID. FINALLY EVERYONE GAVE UP ON BIDDING AND THE SCAM WORKED .THOUSANDS OF BIDS AND ROCKYBID WAS THE ONLY WINNER.SOMEONE NEEDS TO MONITOR THIS WEBSITE.TRULY I BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE RIPPING OFF THE PUBLIC BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF KNOWLEDGE.

• T
      Aug 05, 2010
    Rockybid.com - scam website for bidding against bogus shill bidders
    Rockybid.com
    Colorado
    rockybid.com

This is a scam. They must use fake accounts to drive up the price. Many times i've bid on a product just to find that after my bids are completed, the auction is closed. No way i'd use this site and would caution anyone against using it.

• B
      Sep 26, 2010

My advice with penny auction sites it to watch the site for awhile before using the site. Some sites might have bots and some might not. It's good to check out the site first. Learn more about penny auction sites and who to trust at my blog:

Feel free to visit,

Bid Penny

• B
      Sep 26, 2010

I suggest that you watch the site and the auctions for awhile to determine if the site uses bots. Learn more about penny auction sites and where to shop at my blog:

Feel free to visit,

Bid Penny

• P
      Dec 16, 2010
    Rockybid.com - I would not recommend this site to anyone
    Rockybid.com
    rockybid.com

I would not recommend this site to anyone. I thought it was a great site when I first stumbled upon it. I bought some bids and began bidding in some of the auctions. My ultimate goal was to just win a GPS and then give it a break because I didn't want to spend too much money. I finally won a GPS and was ecstatic. One day later, I received a voicemail saying that they decided to reverse my auction because there were some "technical difficulties" at the time. I was infuriated and emailed the website, only to receive just about the nastiest email possible in return. Whomever wrote the email was so incredibly rude and unprofessional that I am surprised they were ever hired in the first place. I would stronly discourage anyone from using this site.

• J
      Feb 08, 2011

This Penny Auction Watch site is Major scam(pennyauctionwatch.com). Also known as "PAW".

PAW is a front for these dishonest penny auction owners to make their sites look legit. Penny Auction Owners plant positive experiences on here(Complaints Board) and on the Penny Auction Watch forums(PAW) to bait people into playing and buying bid packs. Buying bid packs to bid on items? What a joke and scam!

Go to Flippa[dot]com and search "penny auctions for sale"

There you can see how these operates by the use of controlled bots on autobid to scam any real people into buying more and more bid packs until the reserve price has at least been met for that item that's bid on. They aren't in the business to LOSE money and will never ACTUALLY sell an item below value. If not enough real people are bidding on a particular item for a while, they will end the auction to a bot name. They will then list the bots name in the "Auction History" section to make it look as if REAL people actually win and auction is honest+fair.

You can buy your own Penny Auction from Flippa.com and start scamming also. So easy to do.

Also. Google, "penny auction website script" and see how these scams operate. The scripts are cheap to buy.
    To build up traffic to your scam penny auction you must plant positive experiences on forums such as PAW(PAW is a front). You must also dispute ANY negativity or complaints on forums such as this.
    For EX, tell the angry complainer that he must be crazy, use stupid bidding techniques and unlucky because you win all the time and just won a 52inch Plasma for 2 bucks. People WILL start believing you if you plant enough fake postitive experiences/reviews. JUST make sure to use different names each time you fake post. If you use same name over and over again telling everyone you win all the time, people will begin to catch on and realize it's just a fake post planted by the Penny Site operator/owner.

They cheat you and make a killing from people like you that bought into it. Some will even go as far as to advertise on social networking sites such as "FACEBOOK" and write stories of winning items for $4 and so on to get people to join the site.
    I call it their, "Fake Social Environment" where they ask and answer their own questions attempting to be perceived as an honest and fair auction. For EX they will say, "I just won 12 Lap Tops for $40 and they all arrived today in factory sealed boxes! I love this site!"

Anyone can do this... so easy to make money. MAKE sure that the server that hosts your scam auction is located outside of the USA so you can get around federal gambling regulated laws. If heat gets to much, then shut scam auction down and create a new one. Repeat process.

Happy scammin'!!

I tried to post that on PAW(pennyauctionwatch[.]com) to warn good honest people BUT they wouldn't allow it to post.. I wonder why? ;)

So i'll just post away on websites such as this.

You use to could post on PAW right away but now they have a Moderator that must approve your post first.. I wonder why that is? ;)

I think we ALL know why that is :)