Robert W. MonteiroMedical Records

I am now a former patient of Dr. Robert Monteiro of ECIM in New Bern NC after 10years. He dismissed me during one of the most traumatic times of my life. I guess I had become too time consuming for him to deal with and too much of a bother.
He is aware of how sick I have been these past few months and now that I may have found another doctor, he is refusing to send my medical records.
I would have thought that after a ten year history, he would have been man enough to at least tell me to my face that he didn't want to continue caring for me. Instead he dismissed me while I was hospitalized for my illness and had one of the residents at the hospital inform me.
He has put me in a major bind of needing care and not being able to get it because any new doctor will want records yet Dr. Monteiro will not provide them with the necessary information.
This man is heartless.