Riddle & AssociatesRude service

Harrasing phone calls, rude language, not stop talking long enough to say anything to them, and not being able to show proof of the supposed debt that is owed.

More Riddle & Associates Complaints & Reviews

sarah Nov 13, 2008

I just got off the phone with these people. The "representative" actually used the "f" word. It blew me away. He yelled at me thru the whole conversation. Would not give me his name.

Talk about your professional staff...what a joke these people are!

• Vl
    vld Jan 06, 2009

It's ironic that the name of this "firm" is Riddle Wood b/c they are a big joke!
    I called as a good citizen to report that the person they were looking for did not live at my address. The "paralegal" who I spoke to was so completely rude and ignorant, would not let me get a word in edgewise and would not give me his name. I was so furious that I called him again as did my husband and we both received the same treatment!! I would like to know what kind of law firm this is...

• Gm
    GMB Mar 11, 2009

I had the same problem today. The "paralegal" would not let me speak and explain to him what had happened. He also would not give me his name and hung up on me 2 times. I am furious and don't think they can treat people this way. I do not owe this debt as I did not get services and alls he kept saying was pay your bill. He has no idea what was going on and wish I could get some help with this!

• Ri
    rikki May 14, 2009

I'm 17 years old, I have no clue what this business is or what it has to do with me. I called today looking for information about this money that i supposedly owe and the response i got from these men were horrendous. My mom recently came home, and I'm about to have her call them. I do not owe any money towards these "law firm" and nor will i pay it. What a big fat scam.

• Upset and Disgusted May 29, 2009

They will NOT get a dime out of me! I am searching right now for the address and number to my better business bureau in my area to make a formal complaint.

I didn't have to call them back to see what they wanted. I did so on good faith. All I got was rude yelling behavior. He didn't want to listen to me long enough to hear me out that I have since become disabled and have $0.00 after my rent and utilities are paid.

I told him not to EVER call my house again and that he would be hearing from my lawyer if he did so. By law, Debt collectors are NOT to call and harass us on the phone. They have our addresses and that is how they are supposed to contact us. I'm going to double check that with an attorney. They definitely have NO right by law to call at odd times of the day.

And, nine times out of ten.. they can not provide your signature on any paperwork to show you owe THEM a penny. I never borrowed any money from them. I will not give them any money.

• Upset and Disgusted May 29, 2009

I found this web site very helpful:

• Si
    sickofrudepeople Aug 17, 2009

They keep calling for my ex husband. I've told them over and over again that I have no connection whatsoever with him and that if they want money they need to contact his commander. They were very rude and got smart over the phone.

• Bi
    BigBad Oct 17, 2009

Very rude and disgusting. They double as a law firm but all they are is collection agency. They use scare tactics like they are this BIG law firm, Yeah right. What this law firm does is buy bad accounts for pennys on the dollar and then tries to use the LAW firm to collect making them nothing more than a collection agency.

• Po
    p.o'dmom Oct 30, 2009

My son is 17 and gets maddening calls 6 times a day from these guys. I thought that alone was harrassment. Thanks for the back-up! I tried calling them myself but received voicemail (be sure to *67 the number!) I was planning to be nice because all I really wanted was an address on these guys. Has anyone thought of suing them for harrassment?

• Cd
    CDK09 Dec 01, 2009

We reported them to the FTC...they are harassing us as well over a person we do not even know. They call four or five times a day and are rude, use foul language.

PLEASE report them as well.

Let's get these people shut down!

• Di
    DixieD Feb 18, 2010

I called them back today to see what they were calling me about and I first explained to the gal that I was informing her that this telephone conversation was being recorded. I gave her my reference number and asked her what it regarded to. She said what do you mean what it regard to. I told her I did not know why they were calling me and I wanted to know the company they were calling me about. She did get a little huffy and irritated, but when she told me the company I quietly told her that the situation had already been taken care of with that particular company and I then hung up. The certainly were persistent, but I can see how quickly she changed. Hey - keep up the good work reporting them, etc. From what everyone says above, they should be shut down for harassment! I agree!

• Nl
    nlcatter Apr 12, 2011

see how courts rules against them

• After repeated harassment at my place of employment, official legal notice wasd given to this joke of a firm. By law after they are given notice they have to cease & desist! They, the law breaking ### they are, continued with harrassment & cost me my job! This firm is shady, not a member of the BBB & almost all reps refuse to give their name!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices