RH Lazaros Pro Painting, LLCPainting Contract

M

We contracted with RH Lazaros Pro Painting, LLC of 4 Daniels Farm Rd # 311, Trumbull, CT to paint our home in October of 2006. We selected them because they offered a 4 year guarentee to re-paint any peeling paint. The contract specifically states they will guarantee the paint job for any peeling paint for 4 years. There are now several spots where the paint is peeling. Our contract was singed on 9/05/06 for exterior preparation and paint of home. I have tried to arrange for them to come and look at problem since June 2008. Several times appointments were made and no representative from their company came. I want them to honor the contract and paint the peeling areas.

There is peeling paint on exterior clap board and window sils. The peeling paint has left wood exposed and it may need to be repaired since some of it has rotted. The house will have to be repainted by another painter which could cost as much a $6K. I will take them to court for damages.

I should add that the painters who they sent to paint could not speak much English so it was difficult to communicate, and although the final job was completed, it was not without incident. For example, they had to come back and repaint the deck which was not not done properly the first time. And, the painters spilled paint on the patio and got it on the copper gutters and moldings which they cleaned up but paint still persists. They also broke 2 of the screens which we had to get replaced. For the record, my husband and I are easy going people, however, this situation is just wrong and we will pursue our legal options.

• Wa
    WalterB Sep 26, 2015

I had the same issue with peeling. I am in the process of trying to resolve this without going to small claims court. Be careful