rewards firstscam

I have been trying for sometime now to claim money removed from my account by rewards first. I admit that I did fill in one of their forms after clicking on a link for £10 back when purchasing train tickets in sept 2010, but after doing so, there was no onscreen confirmation that the application had been successful - it merely shut down. I had assumed that it didn't work, but was content to wait to see if I would receive the stated "welcome email" containing my password which it states I would need when writing to them to claim the cashback & cancel subscription.
I waited, regularly checking my emails (including the spam & deleted folders) as I had already pre-addressed an envelope containing all the other details required.

No email was received from rewards first. In Feb I received my bank statement & Imagine my surprise when I saw that 4 x £9.95 had been taken!! I immediately went onto the site & rang the "customer services" they stated that a welcome email had been sent & as I had signed up for the "service" the money was non-refundable. I requested the membership be cancelled & requested a copy of the supposed "welcome email"

I received an email from rewards first confirming my cancellation and another containing a copy of the welcoming email BUT & it's a big BUT welcoming email was addressed incorrectly & not in the format that I had provided to them (it's also strange that the cancellation email & all other subsequent emails have been addressed correctly) I did then take the opportunity to claim the £10 cashback (even though the menbership had been cancelled - I thought it worth a try) but that is the only thing I did do as I couldn't access the site before then without the password.

I was prepared to give rewards first the benefit of the doubt, that it was merely an error on their part that the welcome email had been addressed incorrectly (& certainly not in the way that I had provided it to them) making it undeliverable (yes, I did try to send one in the manner they did) but they still state that the email had been sent. I have since requested a read receipt sent from myself to prove that as I did actually receive the welcome email as I am sure that a responsible, ethical company would want to make sure that their valued customers receive the essential & vital first email!
After having to send the request for a read receipt several times & having been ignored on each occasion I can now only assume that this "error" is a deliberate ploy from rewards first & would account for the scores of people who say that they never receive the welcome email - How can they justify taking money for a service which they know won't be provided due to incorrectly addressed emails?

I would appreciate any assistance to reclaim my money in this matter

• Ho
    HonestShopper62 Feb 24, 2012

I recently signed up following a link on a Flybe booking, however a week later I received a letter from Rewards First advising me that my cashback application had been denied as my details were already registered. I had not remembered that I accepted an invitation from them about 2 years ago but other websites usually alert you at sign-up stage if your details are already logged on their system so that you don't inadvertently join again! So far I have emailed them 4 times and each time its a different person that answers my ongoing complaint. I asked them to transfer the registration into my husband's name (as it's a joint flight booking) but they refuse.
    Waste of time!

• St
    stevedean Jan 10, 2012

The comments regarding Travel Republic by Rattled are completely untrue. We have no affiliation with, nor do we work with rewardsfirst.

If anyone has any queries regarding this, feel free to email me at [email protected]

Steve Dean
    Commercial Director Travelrepublic

• Je
    Jean Marriot Jan 09, 2012

Rewards First are simply A BUNCH OF CROOKS. Liars, cheats. whatever you want to call them. They are always polite, always a different name on emails. DONT TOUCH THEM! THEY OBTAIN YOUR INFORMATION HOWEVER THEY CAN LEGAL OR OTHERWISE. TOTAL ###.

• Ra
    Rattled Dec 03, 2011

I have to agree with most of the people who have been shocked that Rewardsfirst are in a position to access your credit card or bank details to carry out what appear to be a SCAM, albeit a "legal" one ! I too fell foul of them recently, although I still deny having any former knowledge of REWARDSFIRST as a business, and even if I did, I would have no interest in paying them monthly for the privilege of being a "member" of their voucher discount scheme ( at least I think that is the legal front for their operation ).
    I have had several emails in reply to mine, latest confirming my account is closed and that no further charges of £14.99 will be made to my credit card ( although I have to wait and see !!)
    They have provided me, they say, with proof that I signed up for membership by completing an online form during a FLYBE flight booking. The proof consists of a screenshot of the actual form I "must have completed" . Unfortunately, as the form is blank, it proves nothing. As frequent flyers with FLYBE, we have taken the precaution of using alternative airlines where possible to reduce future risk. As a FLYBE member, I have also taken the precaution of deleting my credit card details from their site, which saved online booking time, but with hindsight was not a good move. Whether or not REWARDSFIRST achieve 2 or 102 payments from "unwilling customers" before they realise they have been scammed doesn't really matter to them clearly as the volume of customers tripping up whilst booking with FLYBE must be enormous as will be the revenue. Saddest of all, a company of FLYBE's standing working in association with operations like this is both disappointing and a little worrying. My credit card company advise that I should be similarly careful if ever using TRAVEL REPUBLIC, as they too are happy work with REWARDSFIRST. BE AWARE I thought I knew better that to be conned by any lowlife dodgy operation, but they are very smart. No goods or services provided and a legal entitlement to your cash. Wow ! What a profitable business. My only pleasure now is knowing that FLYBE will lose a few thousand pounds revenue from us this next year.
    P.S. They are now asking for my full address details ( which they don't have even although I "was a member" ), so they can give my my cashback. NO CHANCE !!!

• Da
    DaisyDukes Aug 22, 2011

I am also a victim of "Rewards First". I only became aware that they were taking money from my account yesterday and they have been taking £9.95 every month for the past nine months! They told me I had signed up to their services when I purchased a train ticket with Rail Easy in November 2010. However, I do not recall signing up to their services and I certainly did not consent to them debiting £9.95 from my account every month. Rail Easy have told me that I would have signed up to a £15 cash back from a booking with them. I think this is effectively a scam as by agreeing to a discount, you end up inadvertently signing up to this company and having money taken from your account. I am not sure what can be done but rest assured I will be taking this matter further.

• Al
    alison22 Jul 19, 2011

I am in the process of speaking with the police in respect of "Rewards First" who have stolen £165.00 from my credit card. When I called them to ask them how they obtained my credit card number they said they couldn't speak to me as I was not the person registered under the membership no. This membership however is being paid for by ME!! They have a name and address for this membership but this is not my name, nor my address!! Blatant fraud! I have never dealt with this company and they are unable to provide me with any correspondence that gives them the authorisation to take this money from my credit card. Adaptive Affinity Ltd claim that they send out welcome emails which is a blatant lie. How can they send me an email for this membership when they don't even have my name or address, or indeed my email address!!! Disgusting company whose board of directors should be held accountable for such fraudulent and corrupt business practices. They have actually stolen from me and the last time I looked - stealing is a criminal offence! Let's hope these blaggards end up behind bars where they belong.

• Le
    left green May 24, 2011

I complained to Rewards First and they promise to send me the email that confirmed my membership and that I requested proof to show I actually read any of the emails they sent and guess what no sign of anything therefore they cannot possibly say they are honourable. It is all very well replying and giving me the standard customer service reply but they do not deliver and they are dishonest and quite frankly their staff does not care or give a damn about the way they cheat customers from their card. They do not care if people were misled into entering the site. in my case i was not aware of signing any sort of membership or use their service or benefit from anything and therefore it is dishonourable for them to not refund. the reason they don't refund because their whole product or marketing strategy is to mislead customers to get their card details to deduct the monies without their knowing what they are signing for. Please anyone who read this do send messages around all social media, twitter, facebook, google, complaints board to warn consumers out there to NOT SIGN UP FOR REWARDS FIRST. Google Daily Mirror about rewards first scam and you will see many cases of complaints against this company. Please unless we aggregate to say NO to this type of company there will be victims after victims everyday. old people who do not understand the products and get cheated. I know I shall never see my monies back and nor will you but it is our duty to spread the words to stop other people from falling for this scam. Do not click on anything when you see Rewards First or Adaptive AFFInity or Nochex...

• Mj
    MJM imperial May 24, 2011

I too have been duped by this lot!
    I bought an air ticket with FlyBe and they offered me a £10 cash back by clicking on a link. I did so, saw it was a marketing co and left the site. Imagine my surprise when I see toady that hey have taken £14.95 from my card...bloody FlyBe...their plane was cancelled and I had a 5.5 hour delay, now they help Rewardsfirst in scamimg me by giving them my details.
    BEWARE FLYBE do say in their small print we can pass your details to other companies!!!

• Le
    left green May 13, 2011

I have the same problem. I remember filling out the form when i order a chinese takeaway online and it linked to this rewards first and they debited account for £14.95. they refuse to refund even though i am unaware of signing up or ever use the service. If this is a legitimate company they would have no problem refunding customers but obviously they are not. they are company who try to trick people into signing their information. I cannot believe these companies are allowed to do marketing this way.

• Ad
    adaptiveaffinity May 12, 2011

Hello,

I work with Adaptive Affinity Ltd which operates the Rewards First programme. Firstly I would like to apologise for your experiences to date.

I’ve read your post and just want to take this chance to respond.

In regards to you comment about your comment “justify taking money for a service which they know won't be provided due to incorrectly addressed emails” – as soon as someone signs up to our programme we always make sure that all key information is sent to our members to the email address they used to join the programme. If in any case it bounces we post the introduction letter to the member’s sign-up address.

I hope I answered your query but if not let me know – you can call our UK call center on [protected] to talk to us directly about your post and/ or any other questions you may have.

Toni Morrison