rewards firstrewards first scam

L

This company called rewards first took money from my credit card through an online order of chinese takeaway which linked to the rewards first. They took £14.95 without my permission and i have tried to call them to claim the money back. I have never signed up or enrolled and never benefited from this offer and they made all sorts of excuse and refuse to refund. Please anyone out there have the same experience write to their managing director David Forest, PO box 587 Edgware HA8 4DX to complain as it is a very offhanded way of trying to trick people into placing an order and take money from your credit card. Collectively we can try to stop these companies making money. If they are a decent company they would have no problem refund people for a product they never subscribe. be very wary of this type of company

tony buck May 02, 2015

I recently checked my statements and discovered that First rewards have been deducting £14.95 monthly for ages.
    i see that the thread for this complaint is old, i guess they haven't been taken to task yet!
    The contact details in the complaints are useful, i have made contact asking them to cease deducting these payments.
    Their website comes up with "unsafe" and i can see no other ways to contact them.
    I do not expect to get a favorable response from them and will inevitably have to contact the fraud dept of my Bank to get this stopped.
    thieving gits!

• Gu
    Guernsey Tim Nov 18, 2013

I only realised that I got stuffed for £278.30 by Rewards First yesterday, I too fell for the £20 cash back on the Flybe website when booking a ticket last July. Now doing battle with them - common story - no welcome pack, no welcome email, Lloyds Bank indifferent on the verge of not caring. I have email BBC Money Box in the hope they may investigate but Watchdog is a bonza idea! Rewards First offer no discounts here in a Guernsey so why would I sign up? Flybe should be ashamed that they allow such unscrupulous companies to advertise on their website.

totallyp****d off Mar 11, 2013

I contacted the Office of Fair Trading as they have previously taken action against them. I believe they have breeched the undertakings that the OFT set. Contact the OFT outlining your claim and their previous case number CRE-E/25810. They told me that information like mine may prove useful to them in the future. In the meantime the citizen's advice bureau would be able to give advice also. Good luck!

• Ji
    Jill Pearce Mar 08, 2013

They have stolen £520.55 from my Barclaycard account. I have never signed up with them or entered a contract they are despicable, deceitful parasites. I urge everyone to contact the police and they will forward you on to action against fraud. I feel sick. Day light robbery!

totallyp****d off Feb 11, 2013

Have been ripped off by Rewards Now for £335.00 I never joined their club but they got my details from a "free" credit check. I have emailing for weeks now trying to get my money back but they can only keep repeating that I joined. I have no welcome email, no correspondence at all. I am not going to give up, I want my money back! Where's the Daily Mail when you need it!!

• In
    IntegrityAvenger Jul 31, 2012

see comments by whistleblower123 a company employee who has exposed the details of all the key players in AdaptiveAffinity. They uses aka's which pretty much renders them dodgy in my book.

• Nk
    nktamrakar Jul 18, 2012

I have been trick into similar situation when I was booking a flight with flybe. I clicked on £20 voucher discount which I never received it.
    When I received my credit card statement then notice "rewardsfirst" has taken £19.95 from my account which I never agreed in principle. These people are running a scam and need to be stop. Let's put them forward to watchdog.

maggi tennant May 01, 2012

Am having a similar fight to get my money refunded - apparently after I bought a Flybe flight last year I clicked on £15 off your next flight (which I never used) and this has had me a member of Rewards First - I only noticed a couple months ago that they had been taking money from my card - The bank told me what it was and I have been fighting with them ever since!!! They say I can have a gesture of goodwill payment of 3 months back but I keep refusing saying I want it all back - Now going to write to their managing director and yes Watchdog is a great idea!!!

Toogoodto be true Apr 29, 2012

I bought tickets for a show at Bristol Hippodrome on line. I received an offer from Rewards First offering a £20 rebate and so I applied. I had to send proof of purchase and with the covering letter I requested the cancellation of my membership. I received the rebate but subsequently £14.95 has been taken from my credit card on two occasions. I telephoned Rewards First and spoke to Ali Akhitar who claimed they had not received my letter. They would not have paid the £20 without receiving my proof of purchase and so they must have received my letter canceling my membership. WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T SIGN UP.

• My
    myownfaultfornotlookingclosely Apr 25, 2012

I made a booking with Raileasy (my first and last) - totally random costs added for paying by card - queried it when I saw the total taken, (no itemised email sent - just a bottom line figure) was told the charge was £2.89 - emailed them back to say I had been charged more than this. Got another email back to say the charge was in fact £5.28. Their website quotes 4.5% which although a rip off is still less than I was charged. Can't be bothered phoning them (at £1.02/minute) but as a matter of principle, people need to see them for what they are - cowboy operators. Stay well clear & stick with a reputable company

• Me
    Megamedic Mar 15, 2012

I have just checked my Email address and cannot find any Email sent to me at all with account numbers or any thing else and have just been ripped off £14.95 from my debit card this company is an underhanded menace and should not be allowed to carry on trading.
    I have just rang them and they have cancelled my so called account but told me that they can not refund me my money I am unemployed at present and receive £21 per week as i receive an Army pension I struggle at the best of times but now I have no money left in my account, you try to make a saving by using an offer on line and then get ripped off by these companies.

• Mo
    mousiemouth Feb 28, 2012

In fact I think I should do it...blazing mad...at their unscrupulous tactics.

• Mo
    mousiemouth Feb 28, 2012

Just realised by checking creditcard that these unscrupulous people have taken 9 months of £14.95 from me for nothing. I've never even heard of them! It's shocking that they get away with their scam just by people unwittingly clicking on a link and they get access to all credit card details etc. They make their business from people like me who don't check statements ..i will now! Have been promised 3 months refund..let's see if they keep their word, somehow doubt it!! Someone should report them to 'Watchdog' or similar to investigate and highlight to the public as a warning..

• Ep
    E Pary Nov 23, 2011

I to had money taken out of my account since Aug last year 2010 to Oct 2011 total £260 twelve were for£14 95 and three for £17 95, I only realiz ed a few weeks ago when i looked at my statment, this has made me so angry to think these people can get in to your account without you knowing it .I have never heard of rewardsfirst., can anyone tell us how we can stop this awful company doing this to people.

• Pe
    PeetH Sep 28, 2011

Rewardfirst took £14.95 from my credit card as well. It is obvious that what they do is not clean and it is very sad that they can continue doing it.

• Bz
    bzz1961 Sep 09, 2011

this has just happed to me i got a ticket from raileasy and throught i was getting £15 back but got stung for £45

• Ke
    keeno38 Sep 02, 2011

My son has had exactly the same thing happen to him. This pop-up from the Raileasy website, all you do is fill in the form and they think they can take £9.95 a month from a students account. I got in touch with the Trading Standards and Action Fraud. The Trading standards are taking this further as they said it's a breach of the data protection act. This is a criminal offence and have forwarded all the information I gave them. Just Google 'Rewards first scam' and you will see this is common.
    Trading Standards advised me to get in touch with Raileasy as they are as much involved. I did contact them and they said they were sorry and would get the money from rewards first paid back into my sons account. By apologising they accept responsibility and know they are to blame. Oh by the way, they only did this as I told them that the Trading Standard Office advised me.
    They also told me I should forward this information to the Information Commissioners Office, which I gladly did.
    I would advise anyone who's been caught out by this despicible company to do the same.. If you would like details and phone numbers of people who need contacting then e-mail me at [email protected] I will gladly help you where I can.. This is an e-mail account i've opened just for this. These people must be stopped.

• Ka
    kaarina10 Aug 31, 2011

I too have been caught out by this unscrupulous, devious & non transparent marketing scam that calls themselves Rewards First. I purchased train tickets through Rail Easy (who throgh association are equally implicated) .
    I do not recall completing any details on a form, and it would have been completely out of character for me to provide my bank details to a 3rd party. I do however recall there was a postal addresss to send off for £15 cash back but I never got round to doing this.
    Before I knew it I had 3 payments taken from my bank account for £14.95 each.
    I called my banks fraud department & they have stopped payments - although this may take a month ... so another payment.
    I have also called Rewards First. They eventually said that they will refund one of the payments (we'll see). They refused to refund the other payments. They promised to email me the screen shot of my application with my bank details plus terms & conditions & copies of the 3 confirmation emails they claim to have sent me. Needless to say I have not received any of these.
    Rail Easy have sent me a link to the web site they say I would have applied through ... but I do not recognise this. This link clearly says there is a trial periods & then you will be charges £9.95/ month (I was charged £14.95). I would never have applied for this so it is an out & out scam.
    Avoid Raileasy & Rewards First like the plague
    REWARDS NEVER!!

• M1
    M1984 Aug 12, 2011

Toni Morrison, if you believe you are "protecting the privacy and security" of consumers i feel very sorry for you. You are simply contributing to the making of a society that will do anything to get money from people and you may as well have joined the recent UK riots. For other members of the public: £10 CASHBACK is a SCAM. It is used by various companies, including the REWARDS FIRST programme which itself is operated by Adaptive Affinity Ltd. DO NOT CLICK ON ANY £10 CASHBACK offer. Oh and the link came via a RAILEASY purchase.

• Pa
    PainPaul Aug 09, 2011

joined after buying a harddrive from ebuyer. there was a link to get £10 CASHBACK after i paid for harddrive. so i joined gave them my card number then after it was done it said they would take £14.95 off me after the first free 30 days. & that it can take upto 4 weeks to process cashback. so i decided to cancel my account instead. but i never got sent an email with my membership number on so i cant log in to do anything. so i contacted adaptive affinity ltd. had few emails back but still no luck at cancelling account.

• Mi
    millray2002 Aug 01, 2011

short and sweet.

conned through raileasy, link came up through there website stating cash back clicked on the link and now they have taken 3 payments of 14.95 from my account.

justin.

• Ad
    adaptiveaffinity May 16, 2011

Hi Left Green

I work with Adaptive Affinity Ltd which operates the Rewards First programme. Firstly I would like to apologise for your experiences to date.

I’ve read your post and just want to take this chance to help if I can. I would just like confirm that
    • We do not get passed any information from 3rd parties
    • You physically have to enter all your details onto our sign up page (a copy of which I’m happy to send you)
    • We always send a welcome email with information about the programme AND how you can cancel by phone (on [protected]), email ([email protected] RewardsFirst.co.uk )

In regards to your comment about being “linked through an online order of chinese takeaway” I would like to ask you to send/ post more details as this sign up process is not something that we’d advertise on.

Unfortunately I can’t track from this feed your email address to confirm or cancel your membership with us. May I recommend that you call/ email against the above details to cancel.

Toni Morrison
    Relationship Manager

• Le
    left green May 13, 2011

thank you I speak to the people at customer service and they are determined not to give refund and give me a PO box number to write to them. But I will try.