Zoots Dry Cleaners Complaints & Reviews

Zoots Dry CleanersPoor service!

We used to use Zoots regularly through work, but there were just too many of us that wound up with either 'extra' clothes or worse- lost clothes. For a relatively small office of 50 people, this happened several times, too often to just be 'random'. I now know that they send all of their clothes off site for cleaning, which ultimately resulted in blame shifting at our local store. I'm going back to my small local cleaners, Zoots stinks.

Zoots Dry CleanersLost all of my clothes!

I am a college student who brought two weeks of laundry to be cleaned during finals time last week. When I arrived to pick my clothing up I was told it was "gone." Zoots mixed my clothing in with clothing collected by another college for a clothing drive. I tried to recover my clothes and dig through the piles but it was useless! When I asked for some monetary compensation Zoots offered me $100 for two weeks worth of clothes/ towels/sheets.

I sued Zoots for less than what I was out in the hopes that I would not have to miss a day of school and they would simply compensate me. I was wrong. I had to go to court because they refused to offer me anything more than $100. I went to court and won! However, it is two months after my small claim win and they still have not paid me a dime! I called them to see if I could finally collect my money and their customer service rep offered me $200. I explained that I had won in court against their representative and they still refuse to pay!

I would never ever use this company again. They claim to be charitable... well guess what... they actually kept all of the clothes from the clothing drive and they are sitting in tons of bags in their store so that I can go through them! I went through them on two occasions and guess what? I have better things to do with my time! Zoots should be ASHAMED!

Zoots Dry CleanersBad dry cleaning

I had this company dry clean trousers and capris - a total of 4 pairs. 2 Pants were Banana Republic suit pants with a little stretch fabric in them and the other 2 were capris with stretch fabric als.

They all came back with the waste stretched out to a couple of sizes too big. They could literally be pulled down without undoing the waist button. One pair of trousers was so badly stretch on one side that the button was over to the right instead of the middle.

They are ruined and unwearable - the worst part is that I was going on a 7 day business trip and packed all these items to wear while I was traveling!

When I called them about it they basically said I must have lost weight and that nothing was wrong with them. I wish that weight loss was the cause but all my other pants are as fitted as they always were.

I will never use them again and hate that they took no responsibility for the damage.

Zoots Dry CleanersTerribly poor service!

I have now spent numerous calls with the dispute resolution department of Zoots. First they destroyed a 4 month old shirt. Then they tell me the “specialist’ is calling it “normal wear and Tear”. When I tell them that the shirt is only 4 months old they tell me return it to the store and an “independent” specialist will examine it. Well after 3 more call to the resolution department and 3 months time they finally tell me that the supposedly independent specialist also says it is wear and tear. When I ask to speak to that department I am told they can not give out that number. In the meanwhile I get a replacement shirt. Before I wear it, I bring it in for cleaning and they promptly lose it. Now I have 1 4 month old shirt that they shred and one never worn shirt that they misplace and all they will give me is 15 times cleaning cost for one shirt.

The final straw was a pair of pants that I brought to them. It had a stain that I pinned a note next to. When I got the pants back the stain was still there. I brought the pants back and asked them to clean them again and fix the spot. They told me they would clean them again. When I get the pants back, they not only have charged me a second time, but the original cleaning bag and receipt is still on them. They never even touched them a second time.

I have never had such terribly POOR service from a dry cleaner and I will no longer use them even though they are more convenient.

I would also warn anyone who is thinking of using any Zoots Dry Cleaners to go elsewhere.

They stink and will only rip you off!!

• Sh
    Sharon W. Thompson Jun 19, 2007

Thanks for the info. I have been working with Kiln Creek Cleaners (115B Ottis St. Yorktown, VA 23693) for 7 years and they have recently changed ownership. Unfortunately I returned three more times after they ruined some of my items. I was thinking of going to Zoots but will likely reconsider this plan.

Ann Nov 19, 2007

We have home delivery and Zoots repeatedly delivers someone else's clothing instead of ours. I don't think they are able to keep orders separate at their plant. I wouldn't recommend Zoots.

• Zo
    zoots employee May 24, 2011

do not bring any goodwill to the Danvers location. The manager will go through it and select items for her personal use. instead of giving to those in need. If you want the worst customer service that is your location to visit. They hire young kids (which i have nothing agaisnt) but it doesn't help when you never see a manager who clearly does not train her employees with customer care.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices