Zellers Canada Complaints & Reviews

Zellers Canadabissell proheat deep cleaner

On Oct 11 I was in Zellers in Smiths Falls and i picked up a bissell proheat deep cleaner that was on the self with about 6 others.The problem is they were put where their was another bissell deep cleaner was supposed too be that was on sale for 89.99 from 129.99.I thought I was purchasing the sale model until i got to the cash where i waited some 15 minutes to be told the model I had was 199.99.I was so embarrast because the staff had to run back and forth trying to figure the problem out and everybody behind me was complaining. I feel I am entitled to the sale price of the other deep cleaner of 89.99.The manager gave the more expensive deepcleaner to me for 30.00 less but i am not still happy.I do alot of shopping at zellers but i might start shopping elsewhere.this is not the first time i have encountered similar situations at zellers

• JGraceyStinson Oct 15, 2009

You aren't entitled to receive the product at the sale price. All you have to do these days is check the barcode or sku number against the price on the shelf. Sheesh. People are forever picking up stuff and putting it down in the wrong place.

SO according to you, if somebody tries on a $200 coat, decides they don't want and puts it back on a rack that says Sale! $49.00 that you should get that coat for $49?

Nice.

They advertised something for $89 with description (the flyer has the name and description of the item in it...I know we've got a zellers too) and and you picked up the wrong one. It's hardly a big deal and it's not like they handed you the wrong one. You picked it up without checking the description to see if it was the right one. I think offering you $30 of on a product that wasn't on sale was pretty decent of them. They didn't have to. Nor did you have to buy it. All you had to do was walk back to the other section and get the right one.

Why does the whole world think other people should pay for their mistakes?

• Wr
    wrong item Oct 16, 2009

Zellers filled the spot with this other deep cleaners with the sale and description still above.I never saw the flyer when i saw these deep cleaners.I read the description and the box of the deep cleaner i picked up and it seemed like the right one.When i got to the check out i was told it was a more expensive model.I was very stressed as i waited for the staff to figure out what was going on and lots of people were grumbling behind.I dont go around stores trying to rip them off of misrepresented items, i never have.I needed a good deepcleaner and i still got this one only because there were no others to choose from their.I had other things to do on thanks giving weekend then to go to another store.Zellers should be more careful next time.I understand what you said about the coat but this item was not misplaced.There was maybe 6 of the deep cleaners in the wrong spot which i did not see...

Resolved Zellers CanadaUnfair costumer service and rude behave

I bought a bed-furniture for my new-born baby from the Zellers Store located at Erin Mills and Eglington Avenue. I took it at my home, assembled, and made ready; but my baby couldn't find it comfortable after one night of sleep. She cried, and so I had to make her sleep with me at my bed.

Well, then I read the receipt from the Zellers, which clearly mentioned that they will return such item within 60 days. So, I decided to return back, and just laid it on floor as it is. Due to busy days because of taking care of new-born infant, I couldn't return immediately.

But, I reached to Zellers within 45 days of purchase, and asked to return. They said that the box was broken, and the bed was used, SO, they were not able to resale it, and So, THEY WOULDN'T RETURN IT.

I discussed about their policy and so on, but a guy, so-called manager, argued me saying that WHO WILL BUY THIS USED THINGS, and so, he was not going to return it.

I continuously asked about their policy, but he denied to return.

I left those items, and the receipt in his desk, and left away.

Since that was no use for me at all, I had no cause to bring back to home.

Its better to get rid of such stores who says one thing, but acts another.

I had asked about return policy when I bought that product, and the salesperson had clearly told that it was within 60 days.

I have decided that I will just stop shopping at HBC and Zellers at all, because they treated me very unfairly.

jasonwinwin May 26, 2009

Yes, they can be very rude and unhelpful. I just had a similar situation today regarding pricing. The manager was unavailable (so they said) and they sent me an unhelpful supervisor. I left very unhappy. I will be calling the store manager in the morning. Shoppers World location at Victoria Park and Danforth in Toronto. Don't shop in this dumpy Zellers.

• Me
    Melinda moly Jul 14, 2009

I agree with you they are so stupid and have ill-mannered.I was there this afternoon Shoppers World location at Victoria Park and Danforth in Toronto I was going to buy many stuff and a pants it was in on sale I tried, but it had manufacturing defect on one leg's I ask for price off the Pakistani woman who worked there she answered me rude way and she said no beside the manager his name was Shane. I am sure If I asked from the different Zellers they gave me price off and have nice mannered, but those stupid people going to shut down the business I hope it would happen. They are all maniac I left everything what I chose for buy then left the store I was going to spend $70 dollar, but they didn't let me to spend.

• Cu
    Customer Disservice Dec 28, 2010

We just had much the same problem with a dog bed we had bought as a Christmas gift. On Christmas day it was opened and put down for the dog but when she got in it was clearly too small for her. We immediately picked it up, shook it and put it in a bag. Two days later we tried to return it (we couldn't exchange as there wasn't one any larger). They wouldn't return it because: 1- We had it for so long (we bought it Dec. 15th as a Christmas present and this is still well within the return time). 2- It had two small marks on the bottom side that they claimed were food stains (how does one get food on the bottom of a bed? These marks were no doubt there when we bought the bed). 3- It had some dog hair on it (it is a dog bed, she had to get in it in order for us to realize it was too small). The lady was getting more rude and aggressive as we went through each of these. By the time we got to the dog hair she was virtually yelling at us about how she could be allergic to dog hair and could die. We left. At Petsmart when we bought a bed that would fit her they informed us of their return policy adding <quote>"in case she chews on it or anything"<end quote>. Needless to say our shadows will never darken any HBC affiliate again.