www.bigdealfashion.com Complaints & Reviews

www.bigdealfashion.comcounterfeit UGG boots

We placed an order for UGG boots on 11/29/2011. After 3 weeks we received a pair of poor quality replicas. we contacted the company via e-mail and were assured a refund less a restocking fee. The boots were mailed back using the return label and in turn received an e-mail confirmation on January 6, 2011 confirming the amount of our refund. In that time we have sent numerous e-mails asking for the status of our refund and have received no response. I have since sent an e-mail to the company stating that we will be contacting the New York State Attorney General's consumer fraud division as a starting point.

• Os
    oswegan Nov 18, 2010

When the boots had not arrived for over 10 days we because suspicious and attempted to contact the merchant. It was then that we discovered that the website had no telephone contact information. We checked with the postal service and gave them the tracking number that had been provided by the merchant via email and the postal service had no record of the tracking number but was able to tell from the number that the package was shipping directly from China. We then sent an email to the merchant asking where the package was and whether the package was shipping directly from China. The merchant sent back a very brief email letting us know the package would arrive soon but would not answer the question about whether the package was shipping directly from China.

When the package arrived it was very beat up and the label was primarily in Chinese. The postman who delivered the package was suspicious of the package and offered us the opportunity to refuse the shipment, indicating that the postage to return the package would be quite expensive. We decided to accept the shipment and inspect the boots. The boots came in a very small box for a women’s size 10 and the boots had very sloppy workmanship. The leather was very rough and the seams were unevenly sewn. There was glue coming out along some of the seams and were immediately struck by the discoloration of the leather on the heels of the boots which seemed to be different from the rest of the boot leather. The fir seemed very rough and not even close to the quality of any previous pair of UGG boots we have owned in the past. In addition the soles seem oddly discolored and very stiff.

We took the boots to Nordstrom an UGG authorized retailer. When we arrived at Nordstrom we took the boots to the manager of the Women’s Shoe Department and asked her to look at the boots and give us her opinion as to their authenticity. She agreed and went to get another pair of women’s size 10 UGGs to compare them with. Upon side-by-side comparison it was extremely obvious to her (and to us) that the boots from China were fake UGG knock offs.

We tendered the boots for return to the company Big Deal Fashion by preparing the boots for shipment and sending the company an email (the only available contact method per their website) asking them to send us a return shipping label and asking them to refund the purchase price. We never received any response to our email.

We then purchased an authentic pair of UGG boots to compare with the fakes.

I have attached several images comparing the packaging and shipping boxes of both the fake UGG boots and the authentic UGG boots, and several images of the fake UGG boots side-by-side with the authentic UGG boots. I have also attached some image with close-up detail of the fake boot tag and the authentic boot tag with the hologram. Finally there are a couple of images showing the certificate that came with both pairs (of particular interest here are the typos on the fake certificate).

We are currently disputing the charges with our bank and the credit card company.

• Why didn't you buy the boots from Nordstrom's in the first place? You were looking for a deal and found out what you should have known. You get what you pay for. I'm sure your bank will save the day for you, however the time you have put in to this isn't worth the savings.

• Co
    COMMON$CENTS Nov 25, 2010

WHO CARES!!! IF THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME AND WHILE PEOPLE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A RECESSION TO SPEND HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS FOR A HOLOGRAM ON THE TAG IS REDICULOUS!!! OBVIOUSLY ITS A CRIME IF YOUR BEING CHARGED THE SAME AMOUNT AS FOR THE AUTHENTIC ONES. IF YOUR PAYING ANYTHING LESS THEN $100 YOU CAN GUARANTEE THEY ARE FAKE! IM HAPPY THEY HAVE SIMILAR ONES FOR A CHEAPER PRICE SO THE LESS FORTUNATE DONT FEEL LEFT OUT OF THIS POPULAR TREND! :)

• Te
    texas40 Jan 22, 2011

I ordered a pair of boots on 11/29, 3 weeks later we received a pair of low quality replicas that were shipped from China. We were assured via e-mail that we could return the boots for a full refund less a restocking fee. We informed the company that we wished to return the boots and we received a return shipping lable for a location in Jamaica New York. We received and e-mail confirmation of the amount of the refund on January 6, 2011. As of 01/21/2011 we have not received a credit for the returned merchandise. We have sent numerous e-mails regarding the status of the refund and have received no response. I have contacted my credit card compnay and sent a final e-mail tto the company as of today informing them that we will be contacting the New York State Attorney General's Consumer Fraud Bureau.

www.bigdealfashion.comTotal Scam Website apparently

I ordered a pair of UGG Boots at a great deal so I thought. The order was placed on November 26th, 2010 and the information was that it would be 7 - 10 business days to recieve them. I have not recieved anything and it is almost been a full month. This "company" only has an email address as the way to contact them. I have emailed them on numerous occasions and did recieve a reply one time that said the order was being processed but all emails that we sent after we got no response to. I should have done more checking before ordering from them but I did not. I will be pursuing legal action against this fradulent company immediately and I hope that people will see this story and not attempt any business with them. THIS "COMPANY" ...5TH STREET OUTLET or WWW.BIGDEALFASHION.COM IS A TOTAL SCAM.

If you do business with them you will not recieve your merchandise, trust me, and then check your credit card statement there will be a phone number on the statement. Someone saying they are the UPS store will answer and that phone # is [protected]. Lets all start calling this place until they get tired of answering the phone.

www.bigdealfashion.comTotal Scam

This website is a total scam. They do nothing but rip people off. They claim to sell UGG boots at a discount but they just charge your credit card and you never see the product. No customer service numbers, no nothing. Do not get taken by this company. SCAM!!!

• Bi
    BIG DEAL FASHION Oct 15, 2010

Customer purchase there order on 9-23 and the order was shipped on 9-26.We answered ALL 5 of his emails .The order was lost by shipping company and a new order was sent out immediatly .Sorry for shipping company losing the package .
    He has since recieved his order 5 days after this posting was made and is more than satisfied.

• Wo
    woodworth1 Oct 15, 2010

Ok, I finally did receive the merchandise but it took me posting this on here, nextag and [redacted] before I got any action. Not a great experience but I did receive the merchandise. No customer service number and when you call the number from the credit card, it goes to a UPS store.

• Li
    liljlo279040 Oct 26, 2010

I am wondering the same thing. They claim that my item shipped out on Monday. I am waiting for a tracking number and hoping to get it by Friday when they said i would receive it. If not, then legal action will be taken. Thanks for posting this.

• Kc
    Kcastor Nov 03, 2010

I agree that this company is a scam, after 26 days I did receive my order to find out they are too small. I would like to exchange them and they emailed me saying they would send me a shipping label, I have not received the label and they are now no longer emailing me back I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau and would not recommend anyone ever do business with them again!

• Pe
    penker Nov 04, 2010

I purchased "UGGs" from this site last month. When the boots arrived, and they were obvious knockoffs. The return address for shipping was Hong Kong! I have reported them to BBB, and they have not responded in over 25 days! Their products are not authentic UGGs, and are not held up by the UGG warranty as they claim on their website. I took the boots to an UGG company store, and they pointed out atleast 5 defects that would void the warranty, and prove them as fraudulent. I have recently reported them to the local law enforcement. In addition to this scam, the have NO customer service, and will not call you back. Good luch sending am email, as they will not respond.

• Os
    oswegan Nov 18, 2010

We then purchased an authentic pair of UGG boots to compare with the fakes.

• Pe
    penker Nov 19, 2010

oswegan: I recommend you report them. My local government and the Better Business Bureau have suggested that in order to report fraudulent merchandise, you must contact the Federal Trade Commission at 877-438-4338 or can also contact the Internet Crime Complaint Center by visiting their website at ic3.gov. I am do not have the comparative photographs that you have, as I only have the word of the UGG company store. With your photos, you should be able to start the process on shutting this site down. The company eventually refunded me $100, but they kept $20 for a ridiculous "restocking fee" . I have been trying to recover my restocking fee and return shipping for a while, but at this point I am giving up. Please report them so justice can be served. I just purchased an authentic pair of UGGs from The Walking Company, and they are a dream...soooo much more soft and comfortable than those terribly fakes. Thanks.

• St
    Stephanie M. Jan 04, 2011

I am just as disappointed and disgusted as all of the other people who have been ripped off bythis so called company, Bigdealfashion and Fifthaveoutlet. I too ordered a pair of UGG boots as a gift for my daughter. After wearing them twice, they have begun to rip. I have contacted the company via email several times, but only got a reply telling me to send an email to their website to request an RMA number so that I can begin the RETURN process, I have yet to been given a reply to this request. I too have contacted my credit card company and begun the process of contacting the Internet Crime Complaint Center. I will pursue this also with the Federal Trade Commission and the Better Business Bureau.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices