Wright Automotive Group Complaints & Reviews

Wright Automotive GroupDealer Fraud

Bought a used car from them, was told in was never in an accident, and a one owner car, neither is true. I have had and still have electric issues, water leaks, rear axle has been replaced. They will not do anything, so I am finding an attorney.

andrea Nov 11, 2008

I feel like I have been taken advantage of. About 3 weeks ago I decided to trade in my car. I looked around in Wexford and found a 2005 Chevy Equinox at Wright Dodge on Rt 19. I spent 5 hours negotiating with the salesman. We finally reached an argeement at the price and I drove it home that night. The next day I noticed a grinding noise when I turned the steering wheel. I called the dealership and they asked me to bring it in to look at it. When I dropped it off they gave me a "loaner car" since I had nothing else to drive. I received a phone call just a couple hours later stating the reason my car was grinding was because the previous owner had the wrong size tires on it. My first thought was they should have caught that before they sold it to someone. The dealership put 4 new tires on my car and told me it was good. A couple days after picking it back up, I noticed it was still making the same noise and my breaks were pulsating. I also realized my CD player wasn't working. I called the service area and spoke with Brad. He told me "It should be covered under warranty, but we'll look at it." I asked for an other loaner car while they were fixing my new one and I was told no. When I took my car in last Thursday morning, a service technician and I srove it a few miles so he could hear the grinding. His initial thoughts were the rotors needed replaced and a new radio would have to be ordered. I left my car and had to call back later that day to get an update since no one called me. I was told my car was in several pieces at the Pontiac dealership up the road. I was transferred to several people before finding out parts had to be ordered for my car and for the rear differential and back drums. I asked them to please look at the brakes and rotors while they had it. I went back to the dealership Friday and explained I needed a car. The sales manager gave me a Dodge minivan with no gas, with a driver side seatbelt that stuck when trying to put it on. I explained I was concerned Brad (the service manager) was implying I was going to have to pay for the work being done on my car. Friday night I had to call again for an update. Saturday I called again. Monday I called yet again and was told I would "definetly probably" get a call the next day for an update around lunch. At 3:00pm I still hadn't heard anything, so I called the dealership again. Brad explained if I wanted my brakes and rotors repaired I would have to pay for that myself and if I wanted the cd player fixed, that would be at my cost as well. I asked him if he was aware I had only purchased the car 3 weeks ago and he said yes. He then proceeded to tell me that the damages were caused by poor driving habits. The first time I took the car in I had only put 25 miles on it. I told him I didn't see how he could expect me to pay for the repairs. I then told him I wanted to speak to Larry (the sales manager). Brad put me on hold and came back to tell me Larry was too busy to talk to me and wouldn't be able to return my call until Thursday (today is Tuesday). I signed a paper 3 weeks ago that put me in debt for 6 years and I pratically got junk out of it. I feel like I just wasted $14, 000 on a car that isn't safe to drive. They are giving me problems taking care of the issues and adding more stress to my life. I know I can't be the only person this has happened to.

Wright Automotive GroupStealing from the car!

In October 2006, I bought a 2001 Nissan Xterra from Wright Pontiac in Wexford, PA. When I bought it, I was told the alignment and power windows would be fixed. I took it in, and one of the power windows got fixed, but the alignment was still bad. The battery died in November 2006. I bought a new battery and had the Nissan towed to Wright Pontiac to have them replace it. I followed the AAA certified tow truck driver to the dealership and watched it get dropped off and saw the tow truck drive away.

I received a phone call from Keith at Wright Pontiac telling me he can't figure out what is wrong with it and I will have to take it to Wright Nissan. I reminded him that I wanted him to check out the driver's side seat because it somehow got jammed. Only a few minutes after hanging up with Keith, he calls me back telling me he figured out what was wrong. So Keith had them replace a $7.50 fuse and install the battery I bought. When I went to pick it up, I had a bill for over $115.00. I was told I was charged for the 2 hours they spent staring at my vehicle trying to figure out what was wrong with it. If they were not good at fixing Nissan's at Wright Pontiac, why did they sell me the car there, and why did they tell me I could have it serviced there? I paid the bill and Keith told me he forgot to check the driver's side seat jam and to call him back.

The next day, all my power windows begin to malfunction...either not going down, or not going up after I get them down. Then, to make matters worse, I notice all my silver change is missing...nickels, dimes, and quarters. Keith is blaming the tow truck company, who I watched the entire time they had my vehicle. Keith admitted to me that there was no security watching my vehicle as it was serviced or sitting in their lot. I have left messages with Keith and he has told me he will call me back. A couple weeks later now, I still can't get a hold of him.

• Mi
    Michelle Blair May 30, 2008

I did not receive a car fax and i was overcharge for the vechicle i purchased . I did not recevie a figure about how much i would be spending i feel i am not be treated fairly i dont have a warranty and the price is out of control i will bring my car back if i dont get a figure right i am not paying 21 thousand dollars for a 9 thousand dollar car i am sorry the bank has not call me yet but i am not be crazy i am not paying 20 thousand for a car that was 10 thousand

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices