World Retail Store Complaints & Reviews

Published: 2000
Publisher: Department of Primary Industries Publishing
ISBN / EAN: [protected]
l ordered this Book on the 21st July 2008,
since then l have rung the Sydney number in Australia several times and left messages l have emailed them, at
mf.[protected]@pobox.com
l have had no response.
so l Googled the company and found the complaints about them.
l know have rung my Bank and asked them not to pay this company, as yet they had not taken any money from me.

Address's on their web site
include...
P.O. Box 41782, Phoenix, AZ 85080, USA
GPO Box 3741, GPO Sydney, NSW 2001, Australia
Australia Sydney [protected]

• Mr
      Mrs L J Howland Aug 16, 2008

Book not recieved from WordRetailstore. I was so excited to find an out of print book, but have not recieved it and can't contact them, what a scam how do they get away with it? I hadn't come across this complaint site until after I'd placed my order, shame as I would not have ordered from them. Don't get caught out like so many of us have.

World Retail StoreFraud and cheating!

I tried to buy two books for school in October from this company, I printed my confirmation & was charged for one book, including an international fee. I was told when charged, I'd receive an e-mail confirmation & told the method of shipment which never happened. So I tried to contact them by e-mail & telephone a few times until I found complaints about them on the internet while trying to find another direct phone number to call them at.

I ended up having to contact my bank to get my money back & send a complaint through them & alerted all my classmates & the school administration of these scammers.

• Pa
        Patricia Brander Sep 16, 2010

Order 759807 accepted for processing on 07/08/08. Money ($104.55) taken from credit card but book never received. Confirmation of order received by email and I had requested insurance added to order. Had tried to contact firm in Sydney but to no avail and all I found were others complaining about same. I had lost the paperwork so had nothing to go on until today - found paperwork. I have been ripped off - all that has been accomplished is you have supplied me with a distrust of internet purchasing!!! What happened to my book Code [protected] Notorious Strumpets???? My email address if you are game enough - [email protected]

• Li
        Lisa Jul 15, 2008

OMG! When will these scammers get caught & their site shut down??? It's taking TOO LONG!

• Th
        T Haider May 01, 2008

I ordered a book by check through the mail which was returned as undeliverable. Fortunately I lost no money but I found another outlet for complaints. Report your theft to www.usps.com/postalinspectors. They are a federal law enforcement agency that will look into your issues. Click on contact us and file your complaint under mail fraud.

• Be
        bernadette tibbs Mar 12, 2008

This company is a fraud. I purchased children's books, and they took money from my credit card but there are no books. They don't answer e-mails or phone calls or fax messages. They have nothing to sell, but still they trade to unsuspecting people.

• Ca
        carolyn guy Feb 07, 2008

I placed an order over the internet on 12-7-07 for a technical racing car book. I received a confirmation to my email saying the order had been placed. To date I have not received the book and it has been 3 months! I have tried to call them and the phone # is bogus. I found another phone # for Phoenix, AZ and got an answering machine that told me to go to open.compobox.com and now these sites come up about this being a bogus business. My credit card has been charged $100!

• Su
        Susan McMullen Jan 11, 2008

Allana please file a report with IC3.gov about your incident. I tried to buy a music book for my daughter in college and the same thing happened to me. These people are scamming all over the world, and I am working with a guy in New Zealand who is trying to put them out of business. World Retail Store is also known as Open Media, Open Group, Net Store and Open Communications. These people have stolen money from college kids, retirees, doctors, etc...please help by reporting ASAP!

World Retail Store — Poor service!

I would like to add to the other concerns I just wrote about this company. They e-mailed me a order...