World Moving Services Complaints & Reviews

World Moving ServicesWorld moving is a scam!!!!!! STAY AWAY!!!

I was contacted by Lamar Hoo Chong. Which I doubt is his real name! He told me it was going to be a "World moving" truck that they owned. That was a lie. they hired two non english speaking fellows. (no big deal)... Here comes the worst part... They showed up in a F-150 pulling a horse trailer! Two men and one boy, maybe 10 years old came to move my 13, 000lbs of house hold goods and wanted to fit it in a horse trailer!!! I sent them away, because I was promised a quality move in an real moving truck that was owned by world moving. World kept my deposit and said I will not get it back because I didnt let them load. It was a freaking horse trailer!!! After doing research I learned that World Moving is a front. The owner Aldo Disorbo also owns Nationwide Relocation. Wehaul moving. American Van lines. United States Van lines. MBM moving and storage. Moving Squad. And it is all run from the same building. They use different names so know matter what you end up using them and getting screwed!!! They are BROKERS and LIARS. Thanks for all the lies Lamar!!!

World Moving Servicesbait & Hook scam

I was unfortunate enough to have booked my move from Columbus, OH to New York with this "company". They smooth-talked me intop a contract and like others have said, after the 5 day refund period is up, their "quality assurance" dept. calls to sell me more services. They confused me with their doubler talk. They insisted at first that their move is calculated only by weight, but then they began charging me for cubic feet. They took an additonal deposit out of my bank, that I did not authorize and then on top of that charged that same amount to my total. They play dumb very well when you call them on the phone...that is IF you can get them on the phone. Non one answers calls and non one calls you back when you leave messages.
I finally received a call from a "manager" who assured me they would refund that unauthorized deposit and that he would honor my original =quote. I am still waiting for that money to go back into my bank. I am also waiting for the confirmation email he vowed he would send, so that I would have something to show the movers when they arrive.
Please pray for me, the movers are scheduled to come in 2 days. To be brutally honest, I do not trust them to be in my home, let alone to move my things.
Do not give this comapny the time of day.
Thank you.

World Moving ServicesMisleading and Unprofessional

It seems I should have looked here before choosing this company to move my vehicle. While the people talk like they have your best interest in mind, they do nothing to make things better. I scheduled to have my car shipped from Los Angeles, CA to Andrews Air Force Base, MD in September 2009. I made the reservation back in July 2009, well in advance of my move. My first sales rep. Gerald Cajuste, quoted me $1100.00 with a required $200.00 deposit. This was a little more than I found with other companies, but I did it anyways since WMS came recommended by a friend. Gerald Cajuste told me he would send me the necessary documents by e-mail. That never happened. About three weeks later, I called WMS again to see if they could drop the price and switch from shipping my Nissan to shipping my Acura. My new sales rep. Lamar Hoo-Chong said he could give me the move for $1050.00 with a $150.00 deposit. I told him that Gerald Cajuste had already charged me a $200.00 deposit a few weeks earlier. You would have thought I was speaking Russian all of the sudden. Lamar Hoo-Chong had such a hard time understanding what I was talking about. After 15 minutes, he said he finally understood and that he would make the paperwork reflect the original $200.00 deposit as already paid and e-mail me the paperwork to sign. Weeks went by and about 10 phones calls were made and still no paperwork. Finally, on 31 August 2009, I get paperwork from Gerald Cajuste that the wrong delivery address, had the total cost as $1100.00, not the new $1050.00 and a deposit of $200.00 already paid. I called Lamar Hoo-Chong and asked him what was going on. He told me Gerald Cajuste had some family matters to attend to and probably got confused and that he (Lamar) would fix everything immediately. I called the next day and asked where the paperwork was and was promised it was on its way. Three after the original paperwork was sent, Lamar Hoo-Chong finally sent the paperwork. IT WAS ALSO WRONG. I called him and got voicemail. I was so fed up, I pen and ink changed the forms, signed and sent them back with an explanation in the email. I sent the email to Lamar Hoo-Chong, Gerald Cajuste and Valerie. I got no response. I called Lamar Hoo-Chong and explained the whole thing. He told me not to worry that everything was going to work out. The car was picked up on 04 September 2009 with an estimated delivery date of 13 September. I called the trucking company on 12 September and was told the truck was delayed a few days. I was also told I owed $900.00 dollars cash and would have to drive an pick-up my car since they were unable to deliver to by door as promised. I called Lamar Hoo-Chong who promised to fix everything. He never called back and never fixed anything. I got a call from some other guy who told me flat out that I owed $900.00 and he would do nothing to help me. When I told him the paper I signed said I owed $850.00 he told me that he couldn’t find the paperwork I referred to. I told him I wanted my whole $200.00 deposit refunded for all the aggravation and unprofessional work by WMS, he told me WMS does not offer ANY financial compensation for problems they cause. After I told him I would complain to the BBB I got a call from a women who asked me to give her until the end of the day to fix everything. Again, I agreed. I never heard back from her either. That was two weeks ago.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY unless you enjoy stress and frustration. Period.

JoyDahl Jun 28, 2010

We have also had some issues with this company. We also talked to Lamar Hoo-Chong. The whole company seems unwilling to admit that they have no business sense at all and that they have not a brain in their heads. I am going to probably post our problem, too, but I'm also going to add it to my blog at MySpace.com/JoyKat, my Facebook, and anywhere else that I think people might read it while looking for a moving company. If we can all get together and put these [censor]s out of business, I'll be one of the happiest people on the planet!

I wish my husband had read some of these blogs before he decided to get a professional moving company rather than just drive it all up here himself!

Thanks!

Kathleen J. Dahl

World Moving ServicesMisleading with their services

My husband and I had the worst moving experience with this so called company. It all started with their sales person Manley Aldof "promising" us to deliver on Sunday, August 2nd. We needed our belongings the following day for work related reasons. We repeatedly asked him to confirm that date since otherwise, we would have gone with another company. He said it would be there.

The movers didn't arrive until the following Wednesday night and my husband lost work related $$$, we had no clothes nor computer to go to work. Plus, we had to call them day by day to find out where our things were, and when they would deliver. They would never call us with updates and never returned our calls. We were finally passed on to the actual moving company that provided the truck "Youdeliverit". (With a name like that, we should have known.) At least they gave us the real story as to the delays and gave us a final date and time. Still, we had belongings securely packaged that were damaged. The list for claims was long.

When we called World Moving Services for a courtesy discount because they didn't deliver on promised, they told us their sales people should not have guaranteed a date. We are still waiting to file a claim for the damaged pieces.

Overall, they were liars, unprofessional and untrustworthy. Avoid this company like the plague!

World Moving Services — Fraud and scam

I used World Moving Services for a move from Florida to New York and they hit me with so many hidden fees, I...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices