WildBlue Internet Service Complaints & Reviews

WildBlue Internet Serviceripoff scam alert

Their equipment stopped working four months ago. They never sent a repair tech out as promised. Their service does not work, and they claim I must continue to pay them monthly or pay a huge cancellation fee(over $500 if you add it all up), simply because they failed to provide the service as the contract obligates them to. They invented a pack of service related lies and scenarios to pretend as though I had refused to let them perform service. Truth is I sat at home all day repeatedly waiting for technicians that never arrived, while they made excuse after excuse and repeatedly changed the customer service notes in attempts to blame either me or the service techs for their repeated incompetence and failures. Corporate failure now committing blatant crimes to cover up their own incompetence and deceitful, unethical business practices. Winchester Wireless came in afterwards and has provided me spotless service for two months. So obviously the problem is the company WildBlue, not their customers or service techs.

• MikeL DISH Jun 21, 2011

I came across your post, Trent Portch, and I'd like to help! Your frustration with the ongoing runaround about getting a technician to your home is certainly understandable. What specific technical issues have you been experiencing with the internet service? Let me know so I can further assist!

WildBlue Internet Servicefraud

THE 2ND DAY OF SERVICE THE NET SLOWED DOWN TO LESS THAN DIAL-UP. I WAS OVER MY USAGE WILDBLUE SAID. I WAITED FOR THE 30 DAY ROLLOVER THAT DAY I WAS OVER BY 111%. I DIDN'T USE THE COMPUTER FOR 2 DAYS AND NOW I HAVE USED 79%. HOW CAN THIS BE IF IT WAS 111% AND THEN IT WENT DOWN. THIS COMPANY IS NOT FAIR AT ALL. I HAD TO SIGN A 2 YEAR CONTRACT, BUT I WOULD RATHER HAVE DIAL-UP IT IS FASTER. I'M GOING TO COMPLAIN TO THE FCC AND ALL STATES BETTER BUSINESS.

• Tr
    Trent Portch Jun 21, 2011

This company is operating in a habitually criminal fashion and should have to repay their customers and also pay hefty FCC fines.

WildBlue Internet Servicereally bad service

Stay away from WildBlue at all costs. The service is horrible, slow and ineffcient. We are trying to terminate the contract with no luck thus far, must pay remainder of contract and fees. Half the time we can't connect and the other half the site times out. If there is a flake of snow or drop of rain forget using the internet at all.
The speeds are slower than using dial up inspite of their claim to be faster than DSL. Has anyone had any success in terminating the contract without paying through the nose for it? We've already paid for alot of service time that we haven't received since it is down so often. They really sucked us in since we live out in a rural area with few choices of service, saying that this service would be perfect solution for our more remote area. We're trying to terminate without a hassle but looks like the PUC is the next step for resolution. Anyone have any luck or experience with termination?

• Ve
    verypeod Mar 31, 2009

I hate wildblue so much I definately agree on the slower part they claim to be faster then most providers but all I've had is troubles loading vidoes and pages and more "LAG"

• Di
    dianaandtinker Sep 29, 2009

I live in a rural area and I wanted high speed internet. I ordered on line and gave them my credit card number. 99.95 was immediately withdrawn from my account. When a service tech. called me about 15 minutes after submitting my order he informed me that if I lived in a mobile home there would be an extra fee of $150.00 to put the dish on a pole away from my home. I live in a mobile home. There was no mention of the mobile home problem any where on their web site. I declined the extra fee. I called Wild Blue by phone to cancel my order and was told it would be and no "equipment would be mailed to me". None was. After 2 weeks I did not have a refund of my $99.95 so I called them back. They gave me a refund reference number and told I would receive my refund. Was told I would get a refund in 4 or 5 days. After 7 days, still no refund. Called them again and was told my "account" was not cancelled. When they received their "equipment" back they would cancel the account at that time but there would be a $50.00 restocking fee. I asked what they were restocking because I had not received any equipment. He said he would givee all my information to his manager and he would call me back in about 20 minutes. I received no call. I first submitted my order on Aug. 24. On 9-28-09 I called them back again. I was told again they would have to recxeive back their "equipment" before a refund could be issued to me minus a restocking fee. I asked him to tell me the exact date the "equipment" was shipped to me. He stated Aug. 24 by UPS. I told him the slowest mail in the world would not take over a month to ge anywhere especially by UPS. He said he did not know why it was taking so long. I told him the reason...the "equipment was never shipped to me. I have now filed a fraud claim with my credit card company.

This Wild Blue has been a sickening night mare and the only thing I am happy about is that I DO NOT HAVE THEM AS MY INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER!!

My advice to anyone seeking high speed internet service is to avoid Wild Blue like they are a plague. I do not even know how to sue them because I don't know where to have a subpoena sent to. If I could I surely would though.

• Ca
    cadia Nov 27, 2009

i hate my wildblue interneti hate my wildblue interneti hate my wildblue interneti hate my wildblue interneti hate my wildblue interneti hate my wildblue interneti hate my wildblue interneti hate my wildblue interneti hate my wildblue interneti hate my wildblue interneti hate my wildblue interneti hate my wildblue interneti hate my wildblue internet

• Re
    rebel76072 Jan 25, 2010

I just signed up with Wild Blue through Dish Network. The entire process has been a nightmare. I live in a rural area and was assured that this would be my solution for high speed internet. If it rains there is no Internet at all, which means I cannot access my e-mail or any web pages. When you call you are told that the signal is weak because of heavy cloud cover and that nothing can be done about it. When it it is bright and sunny you have to wait forever for a page to load, if at all. I pay for their best plan and do not receive anywhere near the speed that I am paying for. I don't even get the speed they offer for their lowest pacakage. I will be cancelling my service with them very shortly. I have an Internet business and cannot afford to have such spotty Internet coverage.

magpye Dec 22, 2010

I too hate WildBlue. Installation costs, plus the first two years of service costs, plus one service call--nearly $2000.00! It is slow. It goes out when it rains or snows or the wind blows too hard. The service rep tried to sign me up for a pyramid scam!! NO LIE!! and is now trying to convince me that I need to switch from my roof-mount to a pole mount--another few hundred dollars. He says my roof is bad. It is brand new--I had an entirely new roof, from the tops of the walls, and including interior ceilings up, installed in 2007. I am only in this location for six months of the year, yet I could not put the service on vacation hold until the two-year contract had run. So I paid almost $700 for service I couldn't even use. Now, three years into this nightmare, Frontier has provided equipment upgrades that allow me to get high-speed internet service. The Frontier sales rep says that my neighbors are getting 3 MB download speeds, approximately SIX TIMES my WildBlue speeds of .17 to .62 MB speeds. Yes, that is a decimal point--POINT one seven MB download at 7;30 PM EST. Even if the speed is not significantly better, at least the service won't go out when it snows!!

WildBlue Internet ServiceHorrible Reception and Customer Service!

In my opinion WildBlue is A SCAM! WildBlue employees are WORSE THAN RUDE! They have no true CUSTOMER SERVICE! ON ONE PHONE CALL WE WERE ON HOLD FOR ONE AND ONE-HALF HOURS -- thirty minute wait to reach them, thirty minute waits as they transfered us from one RUDE department to another.

Why were we calling them? Immediately after their installation in June 2007, we realized we could no longer go into the managing programs of our Web sites or check our Web Site emails. This meant that not only could we not read customer emails, we could not edit our Web site or even release money from customer credit card orders to be deposited into our bank account.

When we talked to WildBlue, the first call within days of installation, they made us think the problem was with the Web site host, so we spent days with our Web site host trying to get the problems straightened out at no avail.

We called several times afterward this and were only met with rudeness -- even anger. NO REFUND COULD BE MADE, WE WERE STUCK WITH A YEAR'S CONTRACT are things they told us.

Rather than fight any longer, we reinstalled a dial-up service. Our Web Site managing program worked fine with dial-up. Our Web Site email was accessible again.

Once more we confronted WildBlue. We were then told that WildBlue service was not compatable with our Web Site, and it was OUR FAULT because we did not ask if our WildBlue would be compatible before they installed their services.

Although we repeatedly asked to speak to a WildBlue supervisor, we were never allowed to do so. We were RUDELY told a supervisor would call us back more than once, but of course, one never did.

We also have other problems with their service such as being clicked out of the internet with no warning. Sometimes we have no service at all.

Beware!

Jimmie and Judy Perrin.

• Mb
    m. brendel Nov 28, 2007

Attention potential Dish Network and Wild Blue Customers- BUYER BEWARE!!

11/25/07 - Mark in Michigan

Most cellphone customers are aware of the concept of "minutes" and how they are used as chargeable units by cell phone companies, but did you know that Wild Blue Satellite Internet (Dish Network) has a similar practice of charging customers based on "Internet usage"?.

They claim that there system is set up because of FCC regulations, however, they are more than willing to allow more broadband downloads - if you are willing to pay for additional or premium packages...

What is a broadband download? Basically anytime you are online - you are using Broadband Download. Text is the smallest units, then images followed
    by music and video. If you go to a web site - and images and text appear.... According to Wild Blue, you are using your "Internet Minutes" (my term).
    Basically, you are downloading and Wild Blue is monitoring everything.

Why should you care?

Well, if you are in a household with more than I user and you share the Wild Blue Internet service.... It's very much like having a "Calling Plan"...
    If you exceed the 7.5 gig limit - Wild Blue intentionally cripples your account. All of a sudden your Internet becomes unstable or
    barely usable. The only remedy is to either completely not use your Internet for a few weeks and allow you "Internet Minutes"" to recharge
    or buy into their higher premium package.

What is 7.5 gig? It's roughly 1 1/2 movies and then your done for the month.

Wild Blue Internet starts at 49.95 per month and costs $200 to put their dish on your roof. The next package is in the $80 per month range (Internet Only)..
    And they do add more "Internet Minutes".... Whether or not you can function under this higher bar is again based on usage. There is a minimum 18 month contract or heavy fines for violating this contract.

I have friends and family with different Internet options and packages including (Cable, DSL, Dial-Up and Satellite). They are all amazed at this
    ridicules system based on usage that I have to adhere to using Dish Network's - Wild Blue Internet.

In addition to the arbitrary limits set on my usage... There's problems with the service itself. Wild Blue has trouble with moderate rain and snow buildup - the dish simply gets blocked and quits. I found good old fashioned dial-up to works faster for browsing web sites. The only advantage to Wild Blue was for downloading small software upgrades. However, Windows upgrades could easily push you over the limit - quickly.... I don't recommend it, esp... with Wild Blue - Silver.

I'm literally counting down the months and looking forward to seeing their stupid dish off my roof. One thing, I may do in the mean time, is switch my TV Satellite service to a competitor... My contract with Dish Network is no longer binding and Wild Blue is part of Dish Network. I've gone through Dish Network with my issues
    and they could care less. All they will do is point to the online small print or try to sell you premium upgrades.

I reviewed my service contract and there is a blurb about referring to the conditions in the "User Guide".... I was never provided a physical User Guide after initial
    installation.... but it's there online. Usage, BPS, FCC regulations download speeds - it's all there in nice fine print. I expected slower speeds from the entry level package but how would you anticipate a "usage limit"? If you have family with more than one user what is 7.5 gigs ? In our case, it's 3 weeks of slow service - followed by 3 days of barely working service and then unplug and wait.

Who would have dreamed that an "High speed" Internet company would actually charge you based on usage?.... This is either unique
    to Wild Blue Internet & Dish Network or they have the "Usage Bar" set so low that only their customer's have this problem.

I've never heard of a Cable company - unplugging your service because you watched too many hours of TV.... and then telling you that they will plug it back in, only if
    you buy their premium package. Wild Blue does exactly this with their Dish Internet.

So buyer beware!

Get Cable or DSL Internet - Don't bother with Wild Blue or Dish Network Internet... It's a rip-off.

Again, If you have DishNetwork for TV & WildBlue Internet and your stuck with Wild Blue - you can still give back.... Dump DishNetwork for Direct TV or Cable....

Gotta go, I'm using up my "Wild Blue Internet Minutes"

Mark - S.E. Michigan

• Me
    Meghan Chavalier Jun 02, 2008

Wild Blue is the worst internet provider on the planet earth. They have the worst customer service and are the biggest rip off out there. And don't even try to cancel your account because it will cost you 600 more dollars. Someone needs to regulate this company and find out how they're getting away with this. We spent 3 hours on the phone with their "customer service" today and resolved absolutely nothing.

• Fa
    Farfarm Nov 16, 2009

I agree with everyone...I had my Grandsons for the summer and they were watching things on U tube, and then all of a sudden I had no speed when I needed to get on the internet...called the shoddy customer service, and was told I went over my limit for downloads, and they practically shut down all my capabilities for accessing the internet for my Ebay stuff...This is so stupid...I live in the country and have no choice, thought I was upgrading by going to WILD BLUE...not really what a joke...More than half the time I get that stupid blank page Server not found... I am stuck in the zone until something else comes along...This company is like Southwestern Bell use to be when they thought they were the only game in town for telephone service...You will get yours Wild Blue...Phew...I feel somewhat better now...until I try to load my auctions on Ebay...and then I will get fired up again...Time is money, and I spent so much time in front of the computer trying to load pics and pages for my auction, I now have curvature of the spine...Wild Blue is junk!!!

• Se
    seagull May 27, 2012

Wildblue has told me one lie after another.They never showed me a 14 page contract just told me to type my name in a box after he installed it.I thought I was just agreeing that they was here and installed it.They never told me they would automatically take money out of my bank and for more than what they told me my bill would be. They told me I could send in a payment then later told me they don't know why anyone told me that.Within 1 night I had almost no usage left and all we did was watch a couple youtube videos and some computer updates.I gave them $149 dollars to install it then they took $77 more 2 days later.I cancelled my debit card and closed my account because at this point I read complaints all over the internet and knew they would steal even more.They now want $345 more dollars and who knows how much more they will ask a collection company to try to get from me. When I told them I was reporting them to the BBB he said "so what we have been reported to them before" and he laughed.I contacted the Attorney Generals office and contacted the police to make a report because this is a SCAM and they have a contract that gives them a licence to steal.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices