Watcheslux Complaints & Reviews

WatchesluxDefective Goods

I did business with Watcheslux because of their impressive website. Their range of replicas is massive; the photograhy excellent and the search facilities first-class. With such care an attention, it seemed likely to that the same would hold true over the quality of their goods and customer services (sucker I hear you say!) but unfortunatel, this is not the case.

Regarding quality, they obviously haven't a clue what the meaning is of the chronograph dials!

On the model ordered, the sub-dial at the 6 o'clock position is supposed to show the passing of seconds (normal time mode) whereas the one above it and to the right should show 1/10th of seconds in chronograph mode.

On mine, the one at 6 o'clock actually counts days (yes, days!) despite the watch having a date display!The dial above it and to the right shows the passing of seconds in normal time mode (totally incorrect).

I complained and got a courteous reply giving a return address and I duly sent it back. About 2-3 weeks later, I got a reply telling me that it would be exchanged for another one but that the "sub-dial at the 6 o'clock position is supposed to be a date synchronous with seconds."

About a 10 days later, I received the replacement which was no different to the first.

I went to great pains to point out that the model supplied had been fitted with the wrong movement and did not function correctly, but only to be ignored!

I have since requested a different model as an exchange and have so far received no reply.

The look and feel of the watch is impressive. Had this been a non-chronograph watch, I'd probably have been happy, but for how long?

Customer care obviously means very little to them and based on my experience, it would appear that they really don't have a clue over what all those dials mean!

It is easy to waste quite large sums of money on watches that you really wouldn't want to wear or give as presents, so my advise is to give them a miss and do business with one of the many other suppliers!

Defective Goods
Defective Goods

Watcheslux

Watcheslux — Total conartists

Soultaker's view on Watcheslux seems to be spot on. I checked some of the forums and one such individual...

WatchesluxNo item delivery

I have also used this company Watcheslux, they are a scam. First off, they tell you that they have 5 -7 days shipping, no, my order is 3 weeks old and still no watch. Then they tell you they have a 14 day money back guarantee, that's 14 days from the place of your order, but it takes them at least 3 weeks to send it, so out of guarantee period. I e-mailed them, no reply, e-mailed again, no reply. Don't touch this lot, they are a very clever scam, doing things slightly differently to other scamsters. From what I have heard in other forums, the watch will likely fall apart, hence if they ever send some, they are not worth a penny, hence why they don't send it within 14 days, as YOU will send it back. WATCHESLUX, DON'T USE THEM, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

• Je
    jennings Sep 05, 2009

I ordered a Tag F1, gents. chrono. and the quality was very impressive: it had the look and feel of a real one! The problem is that it had the wrong movement.

The hand which should show seconds was in fact showing days even though it had a separate date displayed in a cut-out window (correct) and the dial was callibrated upto 60!

The dial to the above and right of this is supposed to show 1/10th of seconds whereas on their model, it showed seconds!

My complaint was dealt with in a very courteous manner and they apologised and sent a replacement. This arrived about 4 weeks later and was no better whatsoever!

I think these guys don't understand the purpose of these dials and should therefore not be trusted with your money. If it had been an ordinary, non-chronograph watch, I'd probably have been very happy.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices