Vintage gliders Complaints & Reviews

Vintage glidersI will soon be a month since my check cleared and I have been scammed

I needed parts to fix an old glider. Their web site said they sold the parts. I called them repeatedly, but they do not answer their phone, EVER! I couldn't find glider parts anywhere else. They answer emails every so often. They only take cash. They claimed that 48 hours after my check cleared they would mail me my parts. I will soon be a month since my check cleared and I have been scammed. This company is a shame. Do not do business with them. They will scam you!!!

Maved Jan 04, 2010

Vintage glider company seems to be composed of scam artists and downright liars. I ordered a totally restored glider and received a rusted-out, horribly painted mess. Am considering filing a complaint with Va. Dept. of Consumer Affairs and also a civil suit in Richmond.

Mani Jan 05, 2010

Tamara Winstead of vintagegliders.com shipped a glider and chair set with subpar unacceptable powdercoating and one chair that was so rickety it didn't work. When it was returned, she never shipped the replacement chair and never answered her phone/emails after that. This is an disreputable business.

• Mo
    Moss Jan 06, 2010

In January I ordered replacement hangers for a old glider I have. They took my check, cashed it immediately, and that was it. Since January I have gotten 2 responses one from Gregory Martin and 1 from a Natalee. (Although I have sent them may emails.) Both times they said the hangers were back ordered, and they are just now coming in and should be shipped within a week via UPS. These responses have only been through email. After reading others problems, I now assume that my phone number has also been blocked, since all I get is a busy signal. I have requested my $$ back, but without any response from them, I feel its to no avail. I would not encourage anyone to do business with this company. It's a shame though. These old gliders are a real piece of nostalgia. The one I was restoring was my grandparents.

• Tr
    Tripless Apr 12, 2010

Same thing with me. No chair and no parts after numerous emails and calls. I plan on finding out where they are located and paying them a visit. I don't like being screwed.

• Es
    Esma Jun 30, 2010

I won't say who I am for fear of retaliation. This business is questionable and the owners are rude when you question their business skills. I will never order from them again and advise others to look elsewhere.

• Wi
    wipeout May 26, 2011

Ordered glider and two chairs, paid for them and over one year later the still had not shipped. Called no one answered. Called local police to determine if they were still in buisness. They were not sure. Thak God my credit card Co. got me a refund

• Or
    orsen123 Aug 19, 2011

This company did not send the Glider I selected but one with a much simpler pattern. Now I read they have done this several times before! All of a sudden they will not answer their phone or respond to my e-mails. I wish I had read the reviews before ordering.

Vintage glidersVery dissatisfied with this company

I ordered 2 metal chairs from Vintage Gliders last summer. I sent the check and couldn't figure out why after it had cleared my bank that I hadn't received the chairs. After numerous inquiries, my calls and e-mails went unanswered. 2 months passed and I hadn't received the chairs even though I had been given a UPS tracking number. I filed a complaint with the postal service and UPS that their good name was being used for fraudulent purposes. After 3 months the chairs arrived not those pictured on the web site, but chairs in an inferior condition.

Vintage glidersCompletely stole my money, no glider shipped, ever

I ordered and recieved one glider. Though this is not my actual complaint here, this was not the product I ordered as far as color. They also did not do a powder coat as they state. It was a cheap paint job.
I spoke w/ them and they agreed to give me a discount on another as I wanted one for my friend (pregnant mother to be.).
I sent them another certified check and... still no product, at all. They wont recieve or return my calls or few emails. They just actually ripped me off. I cant believe it. It has been 6 or so months and my wife and I have absorbed the loss in or financial situation. But we can not stress enough that these people can on one hand be helpful and on the other... internet crooks!
Be very afraid!
Joe Sampietro and Dianne Driscoll
www.seaviewfencesandgates.com
[protected]
San Fransisco Bay Area

• Ji
    Jim Aug 05, 2009

Once our check was received, and cashed, we have no chair for which we paid $338. No response from multiple messages left by phone or e-mail. I cannot tell if this company is in Pelham, North Carolina or Danville VA. I have addresses for both. I am submitting complaints to FTC, BBB and have made calls to the local police department. This "company" gives a bad name to all those wonderful Internet companies out there who care about customer service.

• Al
    Allvo Dec 28, 2009

I ordered and payed for a glider, two chairs and a side table. I only received the glider. And it was not the color I ordered. They would return my calls before I ordered and payed and then blocked my number after I told her I did not receive the chairs and table. Very sketchy. I am happy that I received the glider and love it; we did repaint it ourselves. Paypal could not do anything about the chairs and table, since we received part of our order, the glider.

• Lu
    Lubar Feb 10, 2010

I ordered a three seater glider, and one stationary chair and one rocker, and asked them to refinish them. When they finally showed up three months later, they were not what I ordered. The color was correct, but the style was wrong and I received two stationary chairs and no rocker. I have emailed numerous times to no avail. What really galls me is that I paid the higer price for the specific style and have not been refunded the difference for their error. I am filing a complaint with their local better business bureau, and telling as many people as I know stay away from these cheats!!!

• Em
    emwtaylor Aug 01, 2011

I'm currently having this company investigated by a detective as they cashed my check on July 7 and here it is August 13 and no glider. They never answer their phones and from what I've been told, their business is in a residential neighborhood. There have been reports of stolen gliders in that area.

I've had to change my checking account because whoever cashed my check has my signature and routing number. I did this on the advise of the investigating detective.

Stay away from Vintage Gliders .

Vintage glidersAwful experience

I would like to share my experience with Vintage Gliders of Danville, VA., for the benefit of others.

I purchased a restored old metal glider from them recently. I live in New Orleans, so I had to have the glider shipped to me, without seeing it first. The risk was even greater because of the company's policy of no credit cards; you have to send them a certified check beforehand. Well, they're just about the only ones around offerring this product, so I took a chance.

On the plus side, they did ship me a glider in a reasonable amount of time and it was the size and style that I ordered. They promise that there will be no rust through and that it will glide properly, which was true. They also promise that it will be free of dents, which was not quite true. Okay, there were no really big dents, but it certainly wasn't free of dents.

The big problem was the color. I chose the glider I did because of a beautiful, professional paint job displayed on their website. The six basket weave areas of the glider were painted in six, alternating concentric squares, yellow-white-yellow-white-yellow-white. The glider that arrived was painted with plain white basket weave areas. And they weren't even painted that well (an underlying darker color could be seen showing throught). The unique, more complicated paint job pictured was a primary reason for selecting this glider and for paying the not inexpensive price. They unilaterally decided to substitute a less complicated, less expensive color scheme.

Well, prior to the arrival of my glider, I was able to contact this company easily, which I did several times to clarify one thing or another. They screen all calls through an answering machine / service. However, I was always connected promptly to someone who identified herself as Tamara Winstead. After my glider arrived however, that changed completely. I was no longer connected, ever. Every attempt to speak with someone either resulted in a message that no one was available or a prompt to leave a message and someone would return my call. Many messages were left. No calls were ever returned. Curiously, the day after my glider arrived and I first called them, the picture of the glider I ordered mysteriously disappeared from their website (although I did save the webpage before they did that).

So anyone considering buying a glider from these people would be strongly encouraged to pick it up in person. If you are planning to have it shipped out of state as I did, beware that you might not get what you paid for.

Vintage glidersNever delivered

We ordered a glider set from this company in october 2008 and paid extra for the shipment to europe.

Once our money was transferred we could not reach the company anymore. So far, the goods have not been delivered, we didn't even receive any shipping details.

And of course no one is picking up the phone in Danville!!

This company is a fraud!!

Jan Legein - Belgium

• Pa
    Patricia Feb 28, 2009

I agree with the purchaser from Belgium. I ordered a specific glider (Natalee sent me the picture by email just to be sure.) Had to pay by check (My Grandmama warned me!!) not credit card...

Of course, they sent a wreck of a glider - rusted out, wired together - NOT AT ALL what I ordered. And OF COURSE, they no longer would answer my calls or emails.

Am considering further action against them.

Danville, Virginia should be ashamed of being called home by such scam artists.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices