Veritus Funding Complaints & Reviews

Veritus Fundinglaw firm really???

Please, check out complain under veritus fundin/ fidelity law gropu or veritus funding aka fidelity law group
The are a fraud they will take ur money and u will never see a loan modification instead they will never call you back, you willonly speak to customer service which is a girl that look like a #ed #, then u have a black guy by the name of casey, along with 2 other crooks, mark and brent, not to mention that they have offices in torrence ca, where they also claim to have an attorney by the name of michael shank, lol... There is no attorney on staff and the paralegal is former employee of alliance law group who is not a paralegal, he is not a paralegal he is just a processor,
Here are the names of the man behind this bull # operation

Mark broughman, brent warner, and casey... Attorney of record michael shank, if this firm is representing u in your loan modification, I will pay really close attention and find out who is really behind these operation, they are not attorneys!!! They cannot give legal advise, and they are soliciting via telephone in the name of the law firm to home owners who are facing foreclosure a big no, no, as per the california state bar an attorney cannot solicit business from consumers they way fidelity law group is activelly calling homeowners from the san diego office and from the torrence office... They are also hiding a bunch of files in their vista office... They are under investigation... So please do not trust these individuals and do not let them in to their home, they are convicted felons be very carefull, they will take your oney and u will loose ur home. I neber work there but I work right next to them and I heard some stories from their sales rep that I just cannot believe, they changed their name on their door, and the management in the building said that they do not want to sign a lease they are month month therefore they will take your money and run...

2 Responses
    • Za
      Zak2148 May 21, 2010

I strongly agree. Mr Michael J. Schunk is the head lawyer and owner of Veritus Funding and Fidelity Law Group. I paid his companies about $2, 500.00 in June of 2009 to help modify my mortgage with Guild Mortgage Company in San Diego. Since he has changed his company names several times as well as his phone and fax numbers. As at May 2010, my house is about to be foreclosed on and I can't even contact him or any of his staff to fulfill the terms of my contract with him. Gregory Paramore was his Loss Litigation Officer and Terrie Keenan was his Customer Service Manager. All of them have suddenly disappeared and all phone calls go to VOIP or Google voice mail. I just check out Mr. Schunk on California State Bar website, he has been discipline and disbared a number of times. Doing business with any firm with slight or any degree of connection to this name is a grave mistake. I want to get my money back as that can help with my payment.

Mr. Schunk should be off the street and made to pay for his fraudulent business practices if he was not hiding under some legal provisions.
      Don't ever, never do business with him, not even in your dream. Hopeless and a nightmarish experience.

VERYVERY ANGRY Oct 22, 2009

I agree with you, they are a bunch of crooks, they should be in JAIL right now. But the time will come for that. They will pay for all the money they took and the miseries they caused their clients. MIKE McNARY, BRENT WARNER, DONNA KUNZ, KATIE SOMEONE. They will all go to HELL. I don't know if they can sleep at night with all the cheating, fraud and miseries they caused. This will come back at them and their families. They ripped families of money thru fraud and cheating. It will come back and haunt them. KARMA to them and their families. Hope they and their families will feel the miseries they caused!

Veritus FundingLiars & Cheats

I meet with john blackbum in march 2009, he sold us on going with veritus saying they would update us once a week, and would get our loans modified. We rarly get a phone call, and when we do in only in responce to me calling them. They have not contacted my lender in over 4 months. Thses people are crooks. Do not go near them. They will screw you out of your hard earned money>

1 Response
        VERYVERY ANGRY Oct 22, 2009

They did that to me too. They get my money and never called back and when you call them, there's no respond. They offered me a loan modification which turn out to be a bull ###! This is a bull ### company. If you check their Better Business Bureau rating, it went down from B- to C+. But if BBB would know the whole BS crap they're doing, this company should get a F- or should be out of job.

Veritus FundingFraud

I was promised a loan in the 4-5 % for a modification. I was then told that I could not modify, only refinance my loan. Then the refinance never went through and I can no longer get anyone at the company to return calls or emails! I am now out almost 6000.00 dollars. So much for them being sanctioned by the sate to help!! people in need. I could have used that money to pay the mortgage I am having trouble paying!! Do not go anywhere near this company and tell all your friends!!!

Respond

Veritus Fundingwork there? READ FIRST!!!!

I worked for a few weeks and noticed RIGHT AWAY what ### it is. They will always, I repeat, ALWAYS find a way to screw you out of money. Now sure, Brent Warner (owner), may tell you this is untrue, as he did all of us, but it's TRUE!! All I can ask you is this: IF a place is good, legit, and people are making the 8500+ per month they promise, then WHY the turnover!?? Not one employee left has been there more than 4 months, except the office guys, Brent, Mark, Ted, and one other.
        That isn't because others suck, it's because THEY suck!!! Believe this and stay outta that [censored]hole and save your time, gas money, and frustration...

Veritus FundingDishonest company

The employment ad stated $8500 a month at least. The "interview"
          began with several of us in a conference room with Brent Warner spewing the delights of the company. He showed how his sales people were making anywhere from $3000 to $8000 every two weeks by submitting copies of paychecks. We would be doing loan modifications to help people in time of crisis. Our job was to get the deal, the company did the rest. The average commission would be $900 and up, depending on the size of the deal. The company would provide at least 2 appointments a day or 10 a week.
          Reality, you were lucky to get 3 appointments a week. The company didn't pay the sales people as promised. We were sent out on VA streamline's and when those deals finally came to bear, were shortened on those commissions as well. We are talking thousands of dollars. Many deals were lost due to lack of support of their processors.
          They didn't contact the loan modification client once a week as promised. They caused many of the VA clients to go late on their loans.
          They are unscrupulous and devious. Mark Brough and Brent Warner
          are two of the biggest con men. The car business is timid, compared to these two guys. Stay away as workers or clients, if you value your livelihood and homes.

Veritus FundingEthics

I must say that they are an unethical company, not only to their "employees" but especially to their clients. When going through
            their hiring process, we were put in a conference room and showed checks from $3500, $7500 & up supposedly for a 2 week period. We
            were told that it would not be a problem for us to make 10 to 20 thousand a month immediately. "They were really a marketing firm.
            This is their expertise and could guarantee us at least 2 appointments a day." Ten a week. Well, this was far from the truth! One was lucky to get 3 appointments a week. We were told that the average loan modification would take as little as 2 weeks, but not longer than 3 months. We would get paid on our first 3 deals right away. These were all lies. We were told to quote unrealistic payments to potential clients. We were told to give false hope to these poor people. (Which I now believe most of these loan modification places do. We were told that the processing department would be contacting the clients at least once a week. More lies. I am really surprised that they are permitted to practice at all and that the Department of Real Estate and the BBB have not acted on their unscrupulous business practices. We also were given VA streamlines
            to do and have caused many of them to be late on their payments due to the fact that this company dropped the ball on submitting the paperwork on time. Our pay. Well good luck getting that too. Do not deal with these people on either level.

Veritus Fundingloan modification

Hi - I've read the complaints about Veritus Funding and I have to counter that we've had a great experience with this company. They really know their loan modification and are completely above board. In fact, they're one of the few companies that have been approved by the state of California to do loan modifications. I know this really isn't a "complaint" but I just want to say how great they've been. Thanks!

4 Responses
                  Very, very angry client Nov 02, 2009

To the person saying that Veritus Funding is great? doing a great loan modification? either you are working for Veritus? paid by veritus? or high on drugs! Veritus Funding is the worst company I've got involved with, they deceitfully offer me a loan modification, got money from me but NEVER do anything. They never call, never update, they just slipped away. They won't respond to calls. They are the biggest FRAUD. Beware and run away from this company or they will cheat you with your money!

• Re
                  realitychk Jun 25, 2009

Veritus is a reputable company that genuinely helps those that qualify. No qualify - No pay. Those of you who can do what they do yourself - Great. Most people cant and do not have the know how to do it right. If you mess up even one line of your mod application, you lost your chance. As with many things, they are better left to professionals.

• Tr
                  truthteller Feb 27, 2009

And I just want to add that the person who said they had a great modification experience is one of the owners of Veritus himself...and I saw him write it while I worked there...so trust me...from an ex insider----it is all a scam!!

• He
                  heatherfeather022 Feb 03, 2009

I just want to say to the person commenting that Veritus funding is great! Ok you had your loan modified meaning you could not commit to the first loan you signed for your home. So the fee Veritus got for doing your paperwork meant nothing to you as long as they saved you money on your new loan. Did you even see the ridiculous fees they added in there? The people that are complaining are the people that just want to reduce their interest rates and Veritus claims they can help them. I am concerned for how many people go through them not looking at the math and got ripped off! Go to a Lender people, they are a broker and they take your info and shop the loan for you taking too much in fees! I am just trying to get the word out. This happened to us! They sent a piece of mail claiming they could get us a VA interest reduction at 4.5% and they come here and say it is 5% plus their mailing doesn't even have Veritus on it

Veritus FundingTerrible company!

Basically following up on Marco's Statements previously posted. I worked at Veritus Funding for close to 3 mos. Putting in hours ranging from 8-12hrs per day. Was hired by ROT management and immediately noticed discrepancies in what management was telling me and what procedures really were. During my initial interview, was also asked what nationality I was. I did not see how this was a determining factor regarding my potential employment and found it a strange question to ask during an interview. I was initially brought in by their 'exclusive lead generation system' in hopes of closing those 5-7 loans per mo. earning $10-$15k per mo. like the ad stated. This was not the case. They would send out fliers that had 5.25% on 30yr fix, then gave a payment schedule based off of your loan amount and what the payment would be based off of the loan amount and the rate indicated on the card. Little did the potential client know, that this payment was an Interest Only Payment, not a fully amortized 30yr fix payment as stated on the card. They misleadingly advertise a 30yr fix at 5.25%, when it is actually a 30yr fix buydown with a teaser rate, the actual rate is 6.25%. You don't know how many people actually called in interested about our promotion, but once I told them the truth, they were no longer interested and most of the time, hung up on me. I was constantly speaking with potential clients about this companies dishonesty and their failure to communicate and disclose all information to their potential clients. Also, processing there is terrible. All the processors have attitudes, and never update you on conditions when needed, only at the last minute. I always thought that the processors worked on your side and wanted to see the loans close as much as you do. They could care less at Veritus.

Most of all, Brent Warner is the biggest jerk you'll ever come across. As Marco stated, he seems to thrive off of be-littling you and insulting your capabilities and knowledge. He is one of the 'Sneaky Salesman' that you hear about so often and are encouraged to stay far away from. I'm surprise he's still in business. After my first time meeting and shaking Brent's hand, he asked my why my hands were sticky, and asked if I had been beating off? How professional is that and he's the owner?

Another occasion he asked me whether my clients who had a Spanish last name, spoke english very well. Asked if they would notice an increase in origination, approx. $800 as well as increasing fees on admin and processing totaling about $1300. This guy may be knowledgeable in sales, but the guys out to rip you off and is in it for himself. Also, When I was initially hired by the ROT manager, he told me that you get paid 24-48hrs after your loan has recorded and wired. Later when I tried to collect my commission, Brent played phone games and would not pay me for 2 weeks and my check was short. He would not provide a breakdown as he previously did with previous funding.

All in all, if your looking for a good Mortgage Company to work for, STAY AWAY FROM VERITUS. They are all bullsh**ters and liars and everything they say should be taken with a grain of salt.

9 Responses
                    annea Jan 26, 2011

They are liars and everything which was said is true. I wrote a check and they cashed it, and never did anything they said. I am wondering - Is there any one who has thought of placing a website to gather all of the complaints and file a class action law suit against this company?

• Ke
                    kevin bettis Sep 23, 2009

they did a mortage refinance and said i would pay less every month but now I pay more.

• Te
                    tekofo2 Mar 11, 2009

stay away from this company they are nothing but scammers, they scam me out off $12, 000 for a 5.25% loan which I never got, after I got the refi they I ended up with a 6.25% and forget about calling them, they do not answer nor return your phone calls.

manni 46 Feb 08, 2009

they came to my house and they we`re very professional and it worked for me, against all the rip off companies that trying to sell you over the phone. and if you we`re a Lil smart enough you would understand that like i know and seeing that there's a lot of strategies to this market. the only one thing that i would agree is the complaning about there owner so out of line to ask you those kinda questions.

p.s - I'm overall satisfy with there work and i think you guys should check the market and see other companies before you come with accusations because there product works and i am refinancing for the 5th time.(Hispanic)

• Ac
                    Ace Hardware Jan 11, 2009

Don't work for them. They are rude people. They are arrogant. They don't return phone calls. Jerks. They overpromise and didn't deliver to me. Just my opinion.

• Ph
                    Phoenix Nov 09, 2008

I agree with the previous comment. Please report that unethical company before they hurt more consumers and more loan originators. I was going to respond to their job posting. I'm glad I felt the need to search first. I worked for a short time at Rockwell / RFG. Same thing. 3 years ago they are making us push option ARMs, make it look good for people to take them. I've been there only for a short time. They cheated me off my commissions as well

• El
                    elva loera Nov 04, 2008

report them to the department of real estate and the department of consumer affairs.

• El
                    elva loera Nov 04, 2008

Can you please report them to the department of consumer affairs and the department of real estate, if you don't they will only continue with what they are doing and hurting us consumers especially the non-speaking english customers (HISPANIC)

• Do
                    Donna Orr May 22, 2008

We were given mis-information about our loan. When it was brought to our agent's attention, he referred us to Brent Warner, the owner of Veritus Funding, who never returned our calls. Their mistake cost us an extra $500. We lost all confidence in this company.