Vacation Property Services Complaints & Reviews

Vacation Property ServicesMatt Boyd number 1 SCAMMER

On January 19, 2009 I was contacted by phone by a representative of Vacation Property Services license #TC3215 who identified himself as Matt Thomas. I later found out that his name was Matt Boyd. He told me that he worked in conjunction with Sunterra Timeshares to rent and sell timeshare vacation weeks. Sunterra denies any affiliation with this representative or Vacation Property Services. He went on to say he had my unit rented for three weeks at $1944 per week, and promised that I would receive the money from the rental before the charge for his services would appear on my Citibank credit card statement. He charged me $4873 as his upfront commission to sell my timeshare. No money was ever recieved by me in regards to this agreement. I received the contract on January 22nd and returned it certified mail as instructed.After not hearing from Matt Boyd or Vacation Property Services with regard to the rental, I began calling the number listed on February 28th to find out where my check was.I called every other day, each time speaking with someone new. At first I was told that there was not a Matt Thomas working there. Finally I requested a copy the contract on March 6th to submit aalong with my dispute to the credit card company. The contract I had signed listed Matt Thomas's name and the terms of the agreement. After two weeks I received something from the company that was not signed by me nor did it have the representatives name or include the terms of the original contract. The letter I received stated that I had a 7 day rescission right to cancel the contract. However, it took more that three weeks to receive any response from the company, another two weeks before I received a letter stating the rescission rights, and I never received a copy of the signed contract as I had requested. So the time to rescind was long past the 7 days.I am disputing this charge on my credit card, stating that they misrepresented who they were and what service they were providing for the amount charged. This is a clear case of fraud yet it seems that no one, not even the Attorney General is willing to hold this company accountable. Please contact me at the email listed if you have been a victim of this scam and would like to initiate a class action lawsuit to put this unscrupulous company out of business and collect the money owed to you as well as any damages allowed by law. Thank you [redacted] for making it possible to expose this SCAM that targets the Elderly.

• 7o
    7olika May 29, 2011

Vacation Property ServicesSCAM,AND LIES

CAMILLE LANCASTER, REPRESENTING VACATION PROPERTY CALLED US, STATED SHE HAD SOLD OUR PROPERTY IN LAS VEGAS
BUT SHE NEEDED $1102 TO CLOSE THE DEAL AND WE WOULD
GET OUR MONEY IN 3 WEEKS VIA, FED EXPRESS. AND WE WOULD
HAVE TO BE HOME TO SIGN FOR IT WITH PROPERT ID. SHE SAID THAT WE WOULD GET OUR MONEY BEFORE THE BILL FROM THE CREDIT COMPANY CAME IN, SHE ALSO TOLED US NOT TO PAY
ANY FEES THAT HAD TO DO WITH THE PROPERTY, I HAVE LEFT
SEVERAL MESSAGES AND EMAILS, NO RESPONSE, EVERYTIME I CALL SHE IS EITHER ON BREAK OR LUNCH, I SPOKE WITH A PERSON BY THE NAME OF BRANDON, HE WAS THE MOST RUDEST
PERSON ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH! . I HAVE SPOKE WITH THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND CANCELLED THIS TRANSACTION,
I ALSO WROTE TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL, I WISH THERE WAS MORE WE COULD DO TO KEEP THIS FROM HAPPENING TO OTHER PEOPLE! SINCERLY
SCAMMED IN ARIZONA

Vacation Property ServicesFraudulent Solicitaion

Carl Florence an represenative of Vacation Property Services Solicted me for purchase of my TimeShare in Orlando Fla.He promised a sale within 14days. he also stated he was holding the asking price in Escrow. and if we are not satisfied with VPS services, within 7 days we could get a refund. We called this person and company at least 3x daily for 7 days after feeling we were Scammed seeking a refund of Advertising Cost.This was May of 2009. To this date (2010)we have not had closure. I have been to Fla . looking for this person . I will be Filing an complaint with the DA's Office. I do have Taped phone conversations with this person and Representatives .This Company is Scamming People. Beware. BEWARE

Vacation Property ServicesRip off

Joe from vacation property services (one of the sales people)promised and assured me that he has two customers waiting and willing to rent my time share, but in order for him to get me the deal I have to pay a one time fee of $499 so I went ahead and I paid it thru my discover card. two days went by and I did not hear anything back from Joe so I called and talked to him and he told me oh the clients change there mind but not to worry I will rent it for you this is our business and we do it all the time. I answered him Joe I do not want any games here I know that you had told me I do have a week to cancel and you'll refund my money 100%, It’s the 3rd day so go ahead and cancel it, I want my money back and that you had failed in your promises and I do not want to be dragged into your game. And this was back in 8/08. Since than I have been trying to get my money back by talking to them and every time I call they repeat to me the same story, oh Joe is out for lunch, he is on a leave of absence he is sick blablabla etc...Or be patience give us more time, we promise we will rent it for you. It is all lies and false promises. I disputed the charge with my credit card but came back negative due to I do not have anything from them in writing, it is obvious because Joe disappear from the scene and they do not have any cancellation form to fill out and submit. Joe failed to cancel my request within the one week allowed for full refund. It is vacation property responsibility if there employee failed to honor my request. Due to vacation property failed in honoring my request to cancel the service within other first week and due to false promises and lies I do want vacation property to refund me back 100%. This company is nothing but ripping off people, it is fraud and we should not allow them to do business in this manner, it is for high authority to keep close eye on them.
I would like to see the BBB taking an aggressive action against vacation property services and if this company can be monitored by the state of FL or high law authority in how they practice their business with the honesty of the American people.

Over eight months debating this issue with them and not solved yet. even not a single call was received regarding the rental of my property as they state it been advertised on TV, magazines and internet. I asked many times for evidence or how and when you do the advertisements. the only advertisements they were able to provide me was their web page under the add# 11880 even so has the wrong in information regarding my time share and finally they were the one to call me and offer me their fake and false services.

angels247 Sep 16, 2009

THANKYOU FOR YOUR COMMENT...I USE TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY...I QUIT THIS COMPANY BECAUSE I JUST COULDNT SIT THERE AND LISTEN TO ALL THE LIES...YOU CAN CALL YR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND DISPUTE THE CHARGE ALMOST AT ANYTIME...THAT WILL WORK...THE PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE DO HAVE LICIENCED PEOPLE...MOST DRINK ALOT AND DO DRUGS OFTEN...THYE MOST COMMON THING THESE PEOPLE SAY IS THAT THEY HAVE OFFERS AND THEN TELL YOU U HAVE TO PAY TO GET THE BID GOING WHEN THERE WASNT EVEN AN OFFER...THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TWO PEOPLE THER THAT WORK PART TIME...THEY DONT CARE...A STORY BEFORE I CLOSE...A AGENT TOLD A CUSTOMER THAT HE HAD A BUYER ...ONCE HE PAID THE FEE HE WOULD HAVE A CHECK IN THE MAIL...THIS PERSON...SAT FOR THREE WEEKS AT HIS HOUSE WAITING FOR A CHECK THAT WAS NEVER TO BE...THEN HE CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WANTED TO KNOW WHERE HIS CHECK WAS ...WHAT A POSITION THAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT WAS IN...THESE AGENTS ALSO CAN MAKE UP ANY PRICE THEY WANT AS LONG AS THEY DONT GO BELOW 499.00...I WOULD NEVER USE COMPAY EVER

Vacation Property ServicesFraudelent Services

This company called me several times to sell or rent my Florida timeshare. They claimed that there were people who were just waiting to rent and that I could get $1500 for it. I agreed to pay the $299 fee and the agent was "going to talk to the interested people right away". I never heard from them again. Repeated calls bring no satisfaction.

I think these timeshare services are not reliable or worth the money.

• Valerie Nov 12, 2008

Matt Boyd just got me at a vulnerable time, my husband had passed away and I just wanted to sell the time-share. Money was short. He threw numbers at me in regards to renting the banked weeks and of course he had me believing that would happen tomorrow!

I admit I was gullible but not worth over $3000

• Ud
    uday123 Jul 30, 2009

They have cheated me $2, 700.00 two years ago. I can't beleive a company like this can operate in USA.

• Mi
    mimi13 Jan 01, 2010

Same here. They charged us $400.00 to list the property. When they wanted us to list it, Georgette Kramer called us non-stop, until we listed. Once it was listed, NOTHING. NADA. ZIP. Repeated phone calls and e mails get NOWHERE. Couldn't get ahold of Georgette Kramer if my life depended on it. Don't think she even exists. It's been 9 months now. They are obviously frauds, and I am going to file a complaint with the Florida Attorney General's Office. Not sure anything will come of it, but it's at least worth a try.

• Sl
    Slemmo Feb 04, 2010

I spent $500 with this company in 2004 with their assurance that they would rent my timeshare 5 times for this fee. I have never heard from them again. I then mailed an official letter asking for a refund and it came back marked "address not known." BEWARE of this company.

• Do
    Doherty Kelly Oct 06, 2010

This could be me writing this, Matt did the same to me. I am trying to get my money back, He is slick. All of us should get together and go after these crooks. Don't have a picture but I am 83 years old and just lost my dear husband and constant companion. Matt got me at the right time for him.

• Na
    Nancy Sensabaugh Jun 23, 2011

I have had my property listed with them since February, 2010 after paying them $1142.00 US. The account number is #066697. I have not heard from them nor can I reach them by phone.

joseph gervasi Dec 14, 2012

yes i hear you and now i think that they are out of business but i think that they took us for around 500 and yes it's been about over 12 or more years and nothing and that was for two properties and when i did get a hold of someone they told me that they had several hits and never called.

Vacation Property ServicesTook money and not responding

I paid $1,410.00 to list 2 timeshare properties April 10, 2006. They have stopped taking or returning my calls. I don't see them listed on their website.

• Lo
    Lori Towne Oct 17, 2008

Vacation Property Services -- the entire company -- is a den of thieves. Gedeon Tirado left numerous urgent-sounding messages on my voice mail. Believing he was from a company I had contacted (he was not), I called him. We had several conversations, during which he told me he had buyers for my timeshare (a weekly at a lake in Iowa). I pointedly and repeatedly asked him to clarify whether he had buyers or if he just wanted to help me sell the property. At least three times he said, “I have a buyer.” He claimed that Vacation Property Services had sent “the buyers” on a week's vacation to my property and had given them a “virtual tour of RCI” (resort association). The "buyers, " he said, had offered $15, 000. "You could counter-offer, but I wouldn't. That might scare them off." He told me I'd incur no costs except for deed and title, for $702.

He transferred me to the Verification Department for a taped monologue, during which the woman never once mentioned advertising. A week later, I received an "Advertisement Confirmation" letter, not the "Welcome Packet" the woman had mentioned. At the bottom, I saw my $702 had gone for "advertising." And my time to respond and cancel? The day before I received the letter.

I immediately took the matter up with Discover, who gave me a temporary credit but then reversed it when VPS provided "documentation, " including the script the phony Verification Department employee never followed. I sent them the notes of my conversations with Gedeon, along with a copy of a five-page letter I wrote to the Economic Crimes Division of the Florida Attorney General's office, which had been investigating VPS for these deceptive practices.

James Caudill of VPS called a few days later, saying that the Attorney General's office had contacted Frank Perry, the president of VPS. Mr. Caudill said he "had" me on tape, offered me a $100 credit and additional advertising, and said he could put me in touch with buyers. I asked him if he was insane. "Why would I need advertising when Gedeon told me he'd sold the property? And he never mentioned advertising. I work for an ad agency. Don't you think I would have noticed if someone had mentioned advertising?" He couldn't have cared less.

In a recent letter, the Attorney General's office told me they'd closed their investigation but forwarded my letter to VPS, who "may or may not" take action. So, the crooks are the ones who get to decide whether they'll keep my money? Again, insane.

This has gone far beyond the measly $700. These people have no principles, morals or consciences. They don't deserve to do business anywhere! And if I can stop them, I will. If that means hiring an attorney to pursue a class-action suit, I will.

Too late, I discovered that VPS is on the Timeshare Council’s blacklist (http://www.timesharecouncil.net). I contacted my home resort, Village West, who will publish a warning in their next newsletter. I also plan to contact RCI. I filed a written complaint with the Federal Trade Commission’s Bureau of Consumer Protection. The dispute department at Discover is watching VPS and will yank their account if other people file complaints. (So if you've been scammed and used a Discover card, call them!)

Lori Towne

• Kr
    Kristy Nov 16, 2008

We have been talking to a Gidian Gaud...I guess a different Gidian although he has given us the exect same story. Before agreeing though I wanted to check things out on the internet and cam across your complaint. Thank you.

• Nn
    Nne Dec 16, 2008

I'm glad you posted, I just got a call from the VPS with the same lines that they have buyers for all three of my timeshares and all I got to pay is $702 for title transfer plus $1, 022 for them to proceed.

• Vi
    vintner Jan 30, 2009

I have also paid this company money, but mine was for advertising. I own several timeshare weeks and like to rent out some to help with the maintenance fees. I have been promised several things on the phone, but nearly 5 years with them and NO ONE phone call has come from an ad. I have rented units through other companies that charge much less, or through Craigslist which is free.

Emails are not being answered or returned, ad change requests are not being made.
    This company is one to avoid.

• Ce
    cearfoss Jan 31, 2009

I too spent $500 in 2004 to advertise/rent my timeshare. I have never heard from this company again. BEWARE. They now won't respond to my letters or emails either.

• Ho
    HORSE28 Feb 07, 2009

Again I spent $499.00 to advertise with this company in November of 2002 and I have never received any correspondence with
    anyone after the initial expense. No one will return my phone calls or emails. The person that took my money was Walter Woods an
    "advertising executive". EVERYONE BEWARE THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM COMPANY.

• Me
    Melinda Scarborough Mar 03, 2010

Thank you for posting your complaints. I just received a call from a Jessica Sawyer with VPS who said she had a buyer for our two timeshare weeks at Powhatan Plantation in Williamsburg, VA at no less than $22, 500. We would need to pay $1200 upfront to go forward. She made it sound really good, but when she wanted the money up front I questioned her and told her I had heard of too many scams and would not do it unless she could send me a legal document in the mail... I then searched on the internat and found these complaints. THANK YOU!!

• Dn
    DNAINOA May 04, 2011

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP, JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THEM, AND THE DEAL SOUND TO GOOD TO BE REAL. OF COURSE THEY WANTED $993.00 BUT WENT I SAID THAT WAS TO MUCH THEY CHOP IT TO $527.00 THANKS FOR YOUR HEADS UP CAUSE I STILL HAVE MY $527.00 IN MY POCKET.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices