Urban Nation Complaints & Reviews

Urban Nation — door-to-door magazine sales

I was impressed and sucked in by the salesperson's dynamic and friendly demeanor and ended up writing a check...

Urban NationMagazines that i never got

In January of 2017, i ordered $125 worth of magazines from a guy with a hard luck story.

To this date, i have never received the magazines.

I have a cancelled check for that amount. Urban nation has an address in Willis Texas, which is a UPS office.

I am really mad. I am a teacher and do not have a lot of expendable money.

I want a refund of my $125 from Urban Nation. I will report them to the BBB, but they have already been reported many times

• Updated by Sylvia hebert · May 18, 2017

On January 27, 2017, I ordered 2 magazine subscriptions for $125 from Urban Nation Enterprises.

Urban Nation Enterprises.
      904 W Montgomery St 4-2-326
      Willis, TX 77378

I have received no magazines .This is a scam. I want to know what I can do to get a refund.

Respond

Urban Nationfailure to send magazines as stated

I ordered 2 magazines on 9 Aug 2011. the contract / receipt state 90 to 120 days to delivery. It is now over 140 days post payment. No magazines have arrived. The unpleasant lady at the company, said "wait a while, i am sure they will come but we cannot guarantee delivery".
    When I requested a refund for failure to deliver the product, she said "we are not responsible if you do not get the magazines and we do not give refunds." In my opinion, this seems like a scam. Watch out!

1 Response
      • Da
        David W. Tubman Apr 28, 2008

Paid salesman at door-$69.00
        for 4 yrs Psychology Today Magazine-Never received
        No follow-up received in resposne to contact.

Urban Nationcancellation of magazine

I ordered a magazine on Nov. 16th of 2010. I began calling Urban Nation on Nov. 17th to cancel but their
      mail box was full and has continued to be full for 2 months. On Nov. 18th I sent a letter to cancel, but
      haven't heard from them. I've received no magazine and no returned check. The young man at the door
      told me that magazine was $36.00 but when I started writing the check, he added another $10.00 for
      delivery. After seeing all the complaints online, I don't understand why they are still in business.

2 Responses
        • Ju
          June Lowry May 09, 2017

You only get to leave messages. You can email [email protected], but, good luck with that - no reply to emails. I did receive a call from the owner, Lawrence Engerman, who stated it would be resolved "today" which was yesterday or tomorrow which is today - but, guess - did not happen and I don't expect to every hear from them again - ripoff - I do have an email that states my order was cancelled and that I would be receiving my money back either in person or via a check in 7-10 weeks - I am not holding my breath since they do not return phone calls or emails.

• Kr
          Kristin E. Sep 27, 2011

I'm in the same boat. Did the check you gave Urban Nation get cashed? I was going to mail in my request to cancel today, but was wondering if it worked for you. I may just put a stop hold on my check if your's got cashed.

Urban NationThieves/Liars

I had a young lady come to my door late one evening, selling magizines in Sept.2010. I made a order of $500, of many orders, Correspondence # 886940-, 886942. 6 different magizines. Been waiting, and waiting. No calls returned, No way of emailing them from web site??? Voice mail of numbers given have been FULL and can't leave any messages for over 2 months now. Its ### that we allow a company like this to operate amoung us, and ruin it for everyone. There a bunch of thieves and liars, and chicken ### who wont even anwser there phones to explain reasoning????? I 'm going to proper authoritys, and attorney general. I would love to know how more victims there are of this (POS) company. Thanks Tim

1 Response
          • Ro
            Ronnesha Turner Aug 02, 2016

Yesterday I had a really great experience with a sales person from urban nation selling magazines. A year ago the same young man that came by my house stopped by my house again and showed me his progress, I was impressed! He wanted to know if I had received my magazines because when I googled it last year when he was at my door I saw some complaints against the company I happy I didn't judge the company off of other people opinion or experience because I received my books and I made a great investment into a young mans future. I'm very happy that the company is young people a second chance to achieve their goals so before u judge the company for what u hear think about all the complaints McDonalds have and we still eat there! Give the young people a try!! It's worth it!