Unitrin Direct Complaints & Reviews

Unitrin DirectUnder value auto claim

When my $7000 dodge caravan was totaled i thought the full auto coverage would save me. Wrong unitrins value was 4925. 00 for a little surface rust they called prior unrelated damage they subtracted $ 2, 286. 00 minus $1000 deductible unitrin wants to pay me $1871. 79 what a bunch of theves. Run from this insurance co, claim no [protected]

Under value auto claim

Respond

Unitrin DirectLow Estimate of Vehicle Payout

I recently totalled a vehicle which had an average retail value of $14, 000. The company used (Unitrin uses a third-party system) to estimate the value of my truck placed it at $11, 000 before the deductible; a value which could only find vehicle of my make which were either damaged by previous accidents, had high mileage or a paint job which dictated a low resale value (gold, green, etc.).

Definitely a company I will NEVER deal with again. I was cheated out of $3, 000.

4 Responses
      • Fight Unitrin Insurance Nov 18, 2011

Join Me and others to get a class action law suit against this company!

• Fight Unitrin Insurance Nov 18, 2011

Hey, Well said!! Let's all get together, Find an attorney that will work on a contingency basis, File a class action law suit. We all have to report this company to The Dept. of Insurance in your state! They are all ###- They must be stopped!

• Ho
        Holly Nov 30, 2008

I had never even heard of this company, until I got a weird letter in the mail about a claim involving a casualty. It was addressed to my daughter who is a non driver and underage. So I began to look the company up on line and I'm worried about why I got this letter since they seem like a really terrible company. But, the reason I write is to say that I've seen so many complaints about this company that it seems to me that if you guys got together and sued, you would get the proper compensation for your injuries and damage. The reason why we have to carry insurance on our cars in the US (it's the law) is so that this kind of thing will not happen, so companies that do not pay claims are criminals and they count on the fact that you guy, us, the citizens will just be victims and not do anything. So, we really have to fight these battle, because the fact is that these companies DO NOT CARE, they are there to make money and that is all. So talk to others and get a group together, and make them do what's right! Maybe there are a few lawyers out there who would help. Good luck

• Ti
        Tina L. Hostetler Nov 11, 2007

I carried full coverage on my vehicles with this company. My husband was involved in an accident back in May of 2007 and the truck he was driving was on this policy. They sent out an adjuster and he told me to put the truck in the shop and that within 2 weeks I would have the check to pay for the repairs. It is now November and I still have not received a check from Unitrin. I would suggest not using this company.

Unitrin DirectBad faith tactics

I was hospitalized twice in December of 2009 and released on Christmas Eve, when I returned to my home my 2009 Ford Edge was missing. I called the police then I called Response to find that Unitrin Direct had purchased my insurance company. The first thing the adjuster said to me was I must have stolen the Edge myself as it has some anti theft device. I was in the hospital could barely walk or breath and now dealing with this crap. It is now March 5, 201o and Unitrin has not completed the claim they have they keys and they edge but have done nothing process the claim except to give false and misleading information. Justin Carabinass the adjuster if he returns calls and he rarely has accued me his boss accused me and I have submitted bank records and hospitalization records. Still no where near a settled claim. I fully expect them to deny the claim and i will then have to bare the expense of filing a bad faith suit against them. And i had to purchase a new truck because they refuse to pay for a rental while i am making the payment on a truck i do not have the keys to nor know where it is being stored. DO NOT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH UNITRIN DIRECT they are the most unacceptable of the bottom feaders! I do know if this will ever get resolved I am hiring an attorney next week to handle this as Iam going back into the hospital due to stress from the event. The consumer has no rights and all I can do is pray!

1 Response
        • Fight Unitrin Insurance Nov 18, 2011

I feel your pain!! I want to start a class action law suit against this crap company! IWe need to spread the word! If I can get enough people together to file complaints with their states Dept. of Insurance then I can find a Lawyer to take this class action suit! Lets shut this company of criminals down!