Union Workers Credit Services Complaints & Reviews

Union Workers Credit ServicesFraudulent Offer

Thanks ever so much for these postings. I felt that something was wrong with this offer from the get-go; after all, NO ONE would offer $10K in unsecured credit for just a straight yearly fee that's a lot lower than most cards out there right now. And if you read the caveats in the letter it's NOT a card. I know of at least one other company that does this, and they charge you an insane fee just to close the account. They also bill you $18/monthly just for the privilege of buying their overpriced goods on bad credit terms. (A friend of mine did this and I'm not sure of the name, I think it was AmeriCredit.) You just saved a lot of people $37. Why these kinds of scams continue to exist for years without someone putting them out of business is a SHONDA! Where are the regulations? Oh, that's right... they pay big bucks for lobbyists to keep the regulators away.

• Po
    POE COCH Jul 09, 2014

sent the 37 dollars for the line of credit on a platinum card never got anything and i will sue them

Union Workers Credit ServicesToo good to be true

Just wanted to Thank Everyone for their posting. If it sounds to good to be true normally it's not ture. Don't deal with Union Workers Credit Services Never send money first!

I received a letter on 02/24/11 and said you're pre-approved for 10 thousand dollars just send 37 dollars for membership fees. You will not be denied. Thank about it! Who gives 5% on anything!

I would write back to the PO Box address requesting to be removed from the mailing list. Then shred the letter and throw it away. Good Luck!

Also where's the pre-paid postage envelope.

• Xn
    xnomad58 Mar 30, 2011

I received the same letter that you did. Fortunately I read your comment before I spent any money. The one difference is that I received the postage paid envelope.

• Got letter saying I had just been pre approved for 10, 000, knew this was not true my credit sucks. Could not menuver there web page. It gave no info about the service. Do not send money you will loose it.

Union Workers Credit ServicesSend a $37 money order and never got a card

I received a letter about a month ago stating that I had been approved for a 10, 000 platinum card but, up to today i had not received any notifications or credit card. By the way I send out the $37 money order via mail by the due date. I start searching and I get across that this company is just a scam. Wooooow I got played so bad. Can so eone please help me.

• Mi
    Mikeys1mom May 26, 2011

I too received the letter saying send $37 (of which I did) for a $10, 000 credit card. As of May 26, 2011 no credit card yet & they cashed my check. What do I do now? They have all of my banking information. Please help!

Union Workers Credit ServicesMisleading credit card mailing

I received a letter telling me that i was "pre - approved" for a 10, 000. 00 line of credit. Really??? After 2 failed marriages and no job, you too can have a platinum credit card with a 10, 000. 00 limit!!! What a bunch of idiots! With all the scammers out there, i cant believe that some people would really send in 37. 00 to some bogus company and expect to get a 10, 000. 00 line of credit just like that!! What upsets me, is why the authorities arent doing anything about these ###s!!

Misleading credit card mailing

• Gi
    Giana324 Mar 29, 2011

I received this same offer in the mail, telling me I was PRE-APPROVED for a 10, 000.00 credit limit. After 2 failed marriages and no job...sure they want to give me a 10, 000.00 credit limit...IDIOTS!! I am so glad I looked this up on the internet. What I dont understand is why the authorities arent doing anythingabout this to stop it!!

Union Workers Credit Servicescredit card scam

This company is offering my mother-in-law a preapproved credit card if she will just send them a check for $37. Obviously this is a scam, because she died more than a year ago. If they really had done a check, they would have discovered that.

• Bl
    bling 123 Feb 19, 2010

thanks to this web you protected me i was about to send my 37.00 but as i read the letter i thought i better check on line
    because there was no phone number on letter most credit card pre approvals let you call and activate over phone
    BE AWARE of this scam i wonder how they are getting names and addresses for their scams thjs info should be protected by
    post offices to random send a letter to occupant is one thing but to have name of person something is odd about that
    thank you eveyone for your complaints you protected me
    bling123 of tampa florida

• Br
    brenda67 Apr 21, 2010

i also would like to thank you because i was also going to send them my money i am in a union and i thought it was from them so once again thank you

San P Jun 22, 2010

Like so many people, I recieved a Platinum Card Activation Form, by 'Union Workers Credit Services', informing me that I have been identified and pre-approved for a platinum card membership from Union Workers Credit Services.
    My eyes and mind are still in good enough shape to read the fine print, which obviously states it's partial intention...if you people bother to READ the fine print...down at the bottom of the letter it reads as such...

"You have been approved for this platinum card membership offer because you satisfied certain consumer criteria. Visa and Mastercard are registered trademarks of Visa International and Mastercard, Inc. respectively, and are UNAFFILIATED with this offer or UWCS".

...now get this very important part of the fine print...

"Credit amount referenced herein shall NOT be construed to function as any multi-purpose credit card and is exclusively applicable for credit purchases from UWCS. Additional credit may be granted in the future at credit providers sole discretion. Failure to respond by expiration date will result in termination of your eligibility"

Basically, if you read the fine print it tells you exactly what you need to know to make a partially informed decision. If you have a computer and do a search, you will find that they have a web site, but that they only tell you about the products they offer, it's set up to look pretty legit, but they don't show you any pictures. When I tried to window shop their site and wasn't allowed to see the products I knew I was better off shredding the letter and thanking my lucky stars for being smarter then all that.
    There seems to be a lot of people who are in such a hurry to get something for nothing that they leave their wits at the way side and then end up getting screwed. That seems to be the way of it in our society.

• Dr
    DrBonnie Aug 04, 2010

I received a letter pre-approving me for $10, 000.00 platinum credit card with an APR of 5%...only costing $37.00 membership fee which would be refunded on my first purchase with this card! Thank you for others reporting this scam as I would have been suckered into it, too!!! These companies should be fined heavily and sent out of our country...FOREVER!!! Let's put them all on an island together where they can all abuse each other! Enough already!

• To
    Tony Walters Aug 13, 2010

I also got the letter in july and sent in my 37.00 dollars That really sucks I got ripped off too. They can eat [censor] and die!! Choke on my balls and [censor] Union Workers Credit Servive.

Not2bescammed Oct 06, 2010

Anytime someone is asking for money up front to open a credit card, it is definitely a scam. No disclosures on the back and it just adds to the certainty. Then, throw in that it is not a Visa or Mastercard and youv'e sealed the deal. Don't fall for this scam. Thankfully I checked it out here and verified my suspicion.

• Mi
    Mike Hudson Nov 13, 2010

I'm disabeled and have to live on a fixed income. It's shocking to think that the legal forces cant track these people down. I am greatful for the people who voiced their comments on the net. $37 has to go a long way for me. I had hopes of having a nice Christmas, and this would have made it possible. It's dissapointing. Thanks to you guys I'll at least have $37 and the good old dollar store. It's not much, but it's better than losing $37 from my limited budget.
    Have a nice Christmas
    God Bless

• Ro
    RobinC. Jun 08, 2011

I knew this was a scam when I first read it. You pay them $37.00 for nothing!! I called the BBB, and they told me they had numerous complaints about this company. IT IS A TOTAL RIPOFF!!!

Union Workers Credit ServicesCredit card

I am very glad I got on this site. I recieved the same letter in the mail today. Also telling me if I sent a money order for $37.00 I would recieve a $10, 000 credit limit. I guess they are getting rich frauding people. But their not gonna get rich off my dime! Thats for sure. But there has to be something we can do to locate and stop this fraud from happening to other people. Does anyone have any advice on that?

• Bi
    bigpinky Oct 05, 2010

i knew this was a scam from what i read. $10, 000 credit limit at 5% interest is nothing but a scam. if you send that $37.00, you won't see it or a credit card so remember, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Union Workers Credit Services$37 fee on a possible $10000 credit card

We sent in the $37 fee that is said to be fully refundable with the first purchase on the pre-approved $10000 credit card. The Approval Number is 1179, 777, 6108 nad Service #:2F4A, 4AL, 3RJV. The check was cashed and 12 days have passed and the credit card never appeared in the mail. I have just read and done research about other complaints with this company. The credit card was said to be approved for Michael Abulhawa at 7840 Beechcraft Ave. Gaithersburg, MD 20879. A check was sent by bank acct ending in 2626- Kara Abul Hawa for the $37. Please help me with this issuue.

• Ve
    Very mad female Feb 02, 2010

Stop with the fake offers of offering money think about it who is going to send somebody a credit card with that much money for free

• Ve
    Very mad female Feb 02, 2010

Stop Stop Stop it's not fair to people who is out there struggling

• Gw
    Gwin White Jul 27, 2010

I RECEVIED THIS APPLICTION FOR A CREDIT CARD. I KNEW IT WAS A SCAM. I CHECK WITH THE BBB, THEY DON'T HAVE ANYTHING ON THEM. I SENT AN INQUIRIE OUT, TO CHECK THE UNION WORKERS CREDIT SERVICES. I KNEW IT WILL COME UP WITH NEUTRAL AGAINST THEM.

RESPECFULLY YOURS,
    GWIN WHITE

Union Workers Credit Services — Pre-Approved Credit

This credit card services is not good need to be close this scamming business until now im just waiting my...

Union Workers Credit Services — Scam on Credit Card Application

Second letter referring to a Pre-Approved For a Platinum Card. Letter specifies as follows: It's nice...

Union Workers Credit Services$10,000 Pre-Approved Credit Card

What a shame that these scums are trying to take advantage of people. Unfortunately there will be alot of innocent people that these bad boys will rip off! Thank goodness I checked the web as their mail solicitation appears legitimate.

• Ea
    East Coast Sam Jan 04, 2010

I was going to send in my $37 dollars, to get the "Pre-Approved" $10, 000 credit. Luckily I searched the Web and found you guys. Thanks for your warnings.

• Sh
    SHALOVER Feb 28, 2010

I also got the "Pre-Approved" 10's credit. I felt some thing wasn't right i'm gald i kept looking in to it, sorry so many others have fallen victim."don't just give up your hard earn money to any on. If you feel it's to good to believe most time it's. "BEWARE OF THE HYPE"

joe raines Aug 26, 2010

I simply check the website with any offers especially those that make claims that are too good to be true. These people should be investigated and charged with fraud, this borders on a federal offense, and its apparent they are targeting a selct group of people to try and take advantage of them and take their money. There is a golden rule about paying money upfront for credit. The way this company skirts around this is by using a catchy title and phrase. I will contact the AG about this scam in my state, and I advise others to do the same, this is illegal.

Antoine marvell white Nov 18, 2014

Why its taking it so long to come 8069 Ned ave baton rouge LA 70820 apt 7 Antoine Marvell white

Union Workers Credit ServicesFraud suspected / send $.

The letter is very miss leading!! I received the letter also, knowing my credit is not the greatest i knew that something was up. I looked on the bbb web - site to look - up the union workers credit services, sure enough they were on there. It is a legal business and the offer is correct. The offer does not say what the $10, 000 dollars is for. If you log on the web - site (Uwcs) and click on the merchandise tab you will see that the credit offer is to order through them. You have a $10, 000 dollar credit limit to purchase items through them. It really stinks that they send this credit approval out and get peoples hopes up!! With the market today who couldnt use an extra 10k. I plan to file a complaint with the bbb asap.

I hope this helped
Amanda

• Kt
    KTLee Dec 15, 2010

They want you to send $37 application fee that is only refundable upon your first purchase. To me it is fraudulent that they state that but do not state that the purchases are only through them. To me if they ask for application fee there should be a full disclosure that the purchases are only through them. Since the form they sent in effect could be considered a contract. Contracts should have full disclosure so that there is no misunderstanding of the full benefits, charges, or limitations of the credit use.

Union Workers Credit ServicesUnauthorized billing

Once again I have received unsolicited credit card offers from this scam group. I have no money in the bank-don't believe in them-just witness the results now. I can get just as much interest from under my mattress. The fact that these scammers send people credit offers without knowing that they are not in financial difficulty is one thing, but to send it to those that are is criminal. I am one that has always known that you get nothing for nothing. So I investigate any offer of getting rich without any effort. These people should be put out of business and those that have been scammed should at least learn a valuable lesson, don't send money to anyone that you do not know. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

• Li
    Lida Feb 02, 2009

We sent a check to Union Workers Credit Services for the pre-approved membership Platinum Card for $10, 000.00. We have gotten 0 in return. They have no phone or e-mail address. They did put our check throw the bank in record time.It has now been five weeks and no word from them. HELP!!!

• Sc
    Scott Feb 03, 2009

They do have a phone number and email address which it seem would be prudent to utilize to resolve your issue.

You can find this information at their website: http://www.unionworkerscreditservices.com/ (specifically at their Contact Us page: http://www.unionworkerscreditservices.com/Union%20Workers%20Credit%20Services%20contact%20us.htm )

As listed, their contact details are as follows:

Telephone: 214-424-6888
    Email Address: [email protected]

• Me
    melissa Apr 06, 2009

For one "Scott" you used utilized and resolve. Its one or the other. Secondly you think maybe you could have posted that in a more sensitive manner. I believe it to be PRUDENT in this hour of misguidance and unlawful acts to be sensitive. Just my opinion.

• Il
    ilokano22 May 27, 2009

i'm basically having the 5 week issue with the card and still nothing has arrived. I would like this resolved just as bad as the people who also fell victim as myself. Well hopefully they'll fill us i on the progress about UWCS within this coming month, but if there has been some change let me know.

• Il
    ilokano22 May 27, 2009

i'm just wondering how does a company UWCS pull a low blow i mean thats the union right? for the people!

• Ta
    tawnya penix Feb 22, 2010

hi my name is Tawnya penix i would like my 37 dallors back it was not what i thought it was i would like u to refund my money my address is 401 n high st jackson oh 45640 thank you tawnya penix

Danman58 May 20, 2011

I recieved a credit card offer from UWCS about 5 minutes ago. It's the same offer that is
    being discussed above. I think you all know what my first step was.
    Well, I'm typing this comment. Get the picture? If it smells bad, either hit the internet or
    throw it away. It's a very simple formula.
    Thanks for your information everyone!!!
    Danny

Union Workers Credit Services — Unauthorized charges

I received an offer for a 10, 000 dollar credit card from this union workers credit services. The initial...

Union Workers Credit ServicesBogus Credit Card

I was sent a credit card offer with an activation fee of $37.00. I sent them my check on Nov. 12th and it was cashed Nov 20th. As of this date (Jan. 1o, 2009) I have received no credit card or any response from the Union Workers Credit Services. When I called I get caught up in their message center voice mail system and get a series of select this number for this information and the list goes on and on. Of course, after not receiving my credit card and my check being cashed, I googled the company only to discovery what a scam they are and how others have been ripped off as well. This company is a total scam and they need to be hung for taking advantage of people like this.

• Ap
    Apalatea,C. Dec 05, 2009

I just sent a payment of $37.00 December 3, and thought I would get some information on the Union Credit services. I now feel as if I made a huge mistake now that I've read on the complaints on this so called credit card company.

• As
    asainchic2009 Jan 16, 2010

WOW! I JUST WANNA THANK YOU FOR GIVING US YOUR PHONE CALL WARNIING! I HAVN'T TRIED CALLING THEM YET, BUT NOW I FEEL SAFE...I'M GRATEFUL FOR COMING UPON YOURS, THANKS FOR TELLING ME, BUT I'M SO SORRY YOU HAD TO GO THROUGH IT :(

• 86
    86V-Maxchick Feb 14, 2011

States you have a $10, 000.oo credit limit pre-approved all you have to do is send $37.00. No Thanks

• Kr
    kris108 Mar 22, 2011

Wow, Thank you for telling everyone that it is a scam because I got the same offer in the mail and I almost bought into and teel I checked it out over the computer and foud your complaint and i am glad I did and I am sorry that it happened to you and I do agree with you that these people should get hung hung for this!!!

David M Kunz Jun 27, 2011

I sent in my 37$ and need my Crredit card before the end of the month is it going to be there when its time to pay my rent? or is thiss just a scam or something. David M Kunz Jr PO Box 5672 Vail Co. 81658 (970)401-1970

David M Kunz Jun 27, 2011

I sent in my 37$ and need my credit card before the end of the month. Is it going to be there in time to pay the rent?, or is this just a scam or something. David M Kunz Jr POBOX 5672 Vail CO.81658 (970)401-1970

Union Workers Credit ServicesI have been credit cards scams

I recive a pre - approved platinum guaranteed $10, 000. 00 credit cared i am very mad because they ask for $37. 00 check or money order and every thing looks good they gave approval # 1134, 577. 8751 i though it came for my union yes i am in a union worker from california i should have check with the union befor giving my $37. 00 ck how can i get my money back. Please you need to put a stop on this scams before someone get hurt. The way the economic is gonig is there any way that we can put a stop to this scams and lies

• Fa
    faithnc Aug 10, 2009

Unless they just started putting this in there letters, my letter in fine print of coarse. It is always the fine print you have got to read on everything. Anyway, it says, " visa and mastercard are registered tradmarks of visa international and mastercard, inc. Repectively, and are unaffiliated with this offer or uwcs. Credit amount referenced herein shall not be construed to function as any type of multi - purpose credit card and is exclusively applicable for credit purchases from uwcs. It states this just before you would pull off the part of the form that you would send back to them. I just recieved this in the mail today 8 / 10 / 09, so maybe this is something they just started adding to there letters.

Union Workers Credit Services — Online scam

I appreciate your web site saving me $37. My excitement of a $10.000 credit card offer may have made me jump...