TRU TECH Complaints & Reviews

TRU TECHjust quit working

I also purchased crappy trutech equipment from target in 2017. I bought a 42inch flat screen, a nineteen inch flat screen with attachable dvd, and a portable dvd player, all costing about $1300.00. I made the mistake and bought all the equipment at once not knowing how poor trutech was. Not just one or two of these items went on the blink, but all three items went out on me in a matter of 8 months. If that aint faulty manufacturing than I dont know what is. Hopefully there is a lawyer out there who also made the wrong decision to shop at target for his/her electronics, and can help all of us consumers receive some kind of compensation. Lets all stick together and get our hard earned money back!...shame on you TARGET! [protected]@hotmail.com

• Na
    Nancy M Oct 31, 2008

I bought a TruTech 20" Color TV for Christmas last year. I was "surprised" at the good deal, but considering how quickly the TV didn't work, I shouldn't wonder that these were on sale. After 4 months, the built in DVD player ceased to work and after 6 months it became more difficult to see the picture particularly if scenes were at "night"..ultimately in 8 months, the color is consistently "red"---now I am stuck with this large heavy TV that doesn't work and will probably cost more to fix than I paid for it. To say I am disappointed in Target is an understatement.

TRU TECHTRU TECH T-600 DVD/CD PLAYER & TARGET

Purchased a Tru Tech T-600 DVD/CD Player at Target in March 2007. Used it at the shore in July and then once or twice since then. Went to use it this past weekend and remote control WOULD NOT open the disc drive. The disc drive also would not open from the front of the machine. THIS DVD/CD PLAYER IS A PIECE OF JUNK. Target was NO HELP--over 90 days since I bought it. The company, Starlite Consumer, DID NOT return my telephone calls of yesterday. Of course, you don't get any one directly. Will not deal with that brand again NOR Target as long as they continue to sell that brand. BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!

• Ro
    Roberta Turel Jan 03, 2008

Sorry, I mistakenly put my telephone number on my complaint about Tru Tech and Target. The contact telephone number for Tru Tech is 1-866-387-2027. I never got to talk to a "live person" and no one called me back.

The e-mail address for Target is [email protected] I was impressed with how quickly they answered my e-mail, especially when I initiated the e-mail on January 1st!

MOST IMPORTANT - if you just bought a Tru-Tech item and it does not work, take it back to the store ASAP within the 90 days OR Target will not help you! Read the back of your warranty book just in case your item has a warranty of less than 90 days.

• Ro
    Roger Carbonneau Jan 22, 2008

The dvd disc changer became non operable within 6 month of purchase! Beware!

• Bo
    Bonnie Poole Mar 31, 2008

I purchased a 17"LCD TV + DVD Trutech from Target in September, 2007. The DVD makes a very loud noise when you first turn the TV set on. This loud noise lasts for a couple minutes. Very Annoying. But I like the TV after the noise stops. Would like to know how to stop this noise.

• Th
    Thomas Pittinger May 29, 2008

I purched a Trutech go anywhere 7" DVD player model# PVS12701. MFG date april 2007. I purched it from Target. I only used it when traveling. I would say no more 10 movies were played!

• Ph
    phil prinzi Jun 20, 2008

I purchased a Trutech 21" tv in Dec. of 2006 and have had numerous problems with the quality. My local repair shop has
    fixed it twice. My latest problem has to do with the remote, it will not operate at all and I can't find a universal romote compatible.
    I would like for you to either replace the defective one or imform me where I may purchase one. I have checked the Target store
    where it was orginally purchased and they had no idea. Your assistance in this matter is appreciated as the TV works manually.

Regards,
    Phil Prinzi

• Da
    Dan Fath Jul 05, 2008

I am looking for a replacement remote for my portable dvd player . Trutech model no. PVS12701. Need to know availability and price. Please e-mail information. Thanks for you're time

• El
    Elma Griffiths Jul 18, 2008

I bought a trutech dvd player from Target in March
    2008.It is now July 2008.Went to use it this morning and the dvd display tells me it is the wrong disc.no matter how I try to change it.
    It truly is a piece of junk.I guess I will have to throw it out.Buyers beware.Do not buy this item from anyone.
    Yvonne Griffiths

• Do
    Donna Williams Oct 19, 2008

My daughter was given a TruTech Go Anywhere DVD player PVS12701 from Target as a gift. It has NEVER worked. Tried to return it to Target. It had been purchased 90 days prior and they would not take it back OR replace it with one that worked. I do not shop there anymore!

Jackie H Jun 29, 2009

I too bought a Tru-tech tv/dvd combo, I had it about 3 1/2 months, had only ever watched it 4 or 5 times and had never even had a dvd in it and went to turn it on one day and nothing. I took it back to Target and they said my warranty with them had expired a couple of weeks earlier, it was only good for 90 days. Target gave me a number to call for the manufacturer warranty which is supposed to be good for 1 year. I have called and left probably 25 messages for them to call me back and they will not. I will never purchase another item from Target as long as I live, I will however take their adds to Walmart who will meet their prices, I will also not buy another GPX product because they do not stand behind their warranty or products. I could have just flushed the $300 I paid for the tv down the toilet, I would have gotten the same satisfaction.

Jackie Hollowell

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices