Toucan Tan Complaints & Reviews

Toucan TanBad Customer Service

I had lost my bank card, after a week of trying to get in touch with the proper person, today I finally spoke with the manager. This was not the way I thought it would turn out. The first time I called, someone said "hello" and hung up on me. Thinking we must have had a bad connection I called back, this time I was told things you would not even dream of saying over the phone when you run a buisness. Silly me I still was thinking this has to be some kind of mistake. I called back a third time and was blown out and talked to like never before and I raised my voice and made them hear me tell them, I was a paying customer but after this tirade I would never ever step foot in thier buisness again and I hung up. Realizing they made a mistake they called back. Can you believe I never got an apology just an excuse as to why they treated me like that. I have an out of state area code and they had been harassed by telemarketers so they figured I was one. But never did he apologized just told me how long he has had his buisness and he could cancel me and I would be done with it. After the way they treated me and still talked down to me I was through with them so I elected to cancel. I am writing this review and also going to write every other I can find and contact the better buisness burea. Idiots like him should not be allowed to work in the public and tear our nerves up. They should be caged behind bars and fed bannanas and allowed to swing from tree to tree like they act like they belong.

Toucan TanUnauthorized charges

I had a tanning membership with this company. I decided to cancel it about 2 years ago. I went to the store, and signed the cancellation paperwork . I received my credit card statement this month, two years AFTER I canceled and there is a charge for $29.99 from Toucan Tan.

I contacted them today at the Kennesaw location and spoke with a very rude and unprofessional male who could not quite make up his mind why they had decided to charge me two years after I canceled.

He first of all told me that I had went a year without paying, not true. All charges were billed to my credit card monthly. He then said that they were 'cancellation charges' ... once again not true. I asked him why these cancellation charges are showing up 2 years later, he informed me that they had tried to bill my credit card every month and the card was no good. Not true, the card is fine, I carry a balance on it every month within my credit limit and have never been a day late.

After arguing with this idiot, who by the way does not understand how to put a customer on hold or proper customer service I told him I would dispute the charges with my bank. His reply ... 'Fine, we will just bill you a whole lot more money'. Nice . I called my bank and disputed . I am also filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. It is unfortunate, I have never had a problem with the company and planned on obtaining a new membership this spring. I will not be doing that and I plan on telling everyone who will listen that Toucan Tan in Kennesaw Ga is ran by crooks.

• Sh
        Sharon Feb 18, 2009

I had a tanning membership with this company. I decided to cancel it about 2 years ago . I went to the store, and signed the cancellation paperwork . I received my credit card statement this month, two years AFTER I canceled and there is a charge for $29.99 from Toucan Tan.