TotalVac.com Complaints & Reviews

TotalVac.comPart ordered, but not received

Ordered part from this company on 5/11/2011. Funds withdrawn from my bank account on 5/12/2011. Received shipping confirmation email on 5/14/2011. As of 5/27/2011 part not received. According to google check out, part has not been shipped. I was told part was IN STOCK! I have emailed this company 3 times with no reply. No one answers the phone, so I left 3 phone messages with no reply. Apparently they take your money with no intention of shipping the part for which you paid for, this is a scam. My messages have been left over the course of several days. LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE!

• Jh
    jhahn Sep 13, 2011

I ordered the lambswool pads for my Electrolux shampooer and they lasted approx 3 minutes. The pads flew off the machine because the hole for the snap-on attachment got bigger and bigger with each rotation. I was not allowed to return the product because "it had been used".

I wish I had investigated more closely before ordering from this company. It is a rip off.

TotalVac.comTerrible Product/Terrible CS

I wish I would have done a quick search for totalvac.com before making a purchase from them. Their website looks legit and they talk about "shop with confidence, " but don't buy that bull from them. I purchased a floral looking central vac tube cover for the hose in my house. They showed a picture of a nice padded floral patterned house. What I received form them was a hose cover...that was solid BLACK with grey/white speckles on them. It seemed like it was an inferior product that was produced years ago that over time, the pattern had come off. I emailed them about the problem and they sent me a shipping label for USPS. I emailed it back and haven't heard from them in 3 weeks. What I don't get is that the hose cover was in a clear bag, so I would think they could see that the fabric looked like crap! If I could find my usb cord, I'd upload a picture for it. To hear back from them, it takes several days. I think disputing the charge with American Express is going to be the easier thing to do. I've never done that in 15 years! What a pain. Stay away from them.

TotalVac.comOnline scam

Dealing with Totalvac.com was infuriating. I ordered a Dyson DC14 Animal Refurbish from total vac which was said to be in stock and would ship within 3 days. After two weeks and several calls a package arrived with the wrong vacuum. It took three calls and several emails to get return shipping set up. I was told the correct vacuum would be sent out that day. After a week with nothing sent I called again to find out the vacuum was no longer available but they would substitute a comparable vacuum that would send the next day. Fast forward another week no vacuum. I called again to find out the substitute vacuum is back ordered. I asked to have the order canceled and the charges refunded. This never happened so I am now disputing the charges with the credit card company and still have no vacuum. I will never do business with them again.

• Valerie Oct 24, 2008

Terrible, terrible company. Don't do business here.

• Br
    brianng0604 Sep 13, 2010

Worst customer service I've ever dealt with!!!
    I sent an email about a damaged Bissell trigger/grip handle on 8/26/10, not repsonse. Forwarded the email again on 9/10/10and finally got a repsonse on 9/13/10, phone call but left no message because I missed the call. Checked my email and found a reponse that said, "Tried calling but no answer, but we cannot do anything with your return, it is to old". I called and got ahold of PAT and she said that the order was too old and there is nothing we can do about the return. I said in the email and to her that I used the product that was purchased on 5/26/10, for the 1st time on 8/23/10, and noticed the item leaking (it is a trigger for a steam vac). I said that I emailed immediately once I found the issue. She said it is to old of a purchase, and this was the 1st time I used the product, because I don't steam clean my carpet all the time and I would not noticed an issue on a visual inspection (the leak is from the inside of the trigger). Pat kept saying the purchase is to old, and why have a return policy if you don't enforce it. I menntioned I used to be a store manager for BABIES R US, and we had a return policy, but we dealt with people who had purchased items and did not use them until their baby was born after the return was past, but I would work with my customers. I mentioned if this is the service I was going to get with totalvac, than I will post my comment online for my $14 part. She had no response, but her tone changed and she seemed to be upset. I asked her for a supervisor and she said one was not in at the momnet. I asked her to have one call me and she said fine. When I asked her if she had my number she hung up on me, so I called back and said you did not get my number and who ase the supervisors. She gave me Marsha and Tracy's name. We will see what happens, but I am not expecting much.

TotalVac.comVery bad company to deal with

I ordered A Bunn 10 cup coffee pot replacement pot from TotalVac.com and they told me it would be delivered in 3 to 5 business days I later find out they dont even stock the product or have it in there warehouse when i purchased it I don't no when they will get it in. They didnt tell me it would be longer or I would purchase somewhere else I cant get a response from them to cancel the order they dont answer phone or respond very bad company to deal with.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices