Top Choice Digital Complaints & Reviews

Top Choice DigitalReturn/Cancellation

In December 2008 I made an online purchase from Top Choice Digital for a digital camera. The cost of the camera was $200. The website stated that I would receive a confirmation for the purchase. After approx 3 days I did not get a confirmation and could not contact the company by phone so I purchased the camera from another vendor. Imagine my surprise when the camera arrived without a confirmation on December 26th and was charged to my credit card. I tried several times to reach the company to no avail. Finally on Feb 6th I spoke with someone who told me it was too late to return the product. After pushing a little I was told I could return it but there would be a restocking fee. I agreed and was e-mailed a form to fax back and was told I would get an RMA number. I never recieved an RMA number and should probably have called these guys sooner, but was busy with work etc. I finally called to inquire as to when I would get an RMA and was told they would not issue one because I had waited to long to find out why they had not issued the number. The arguement was that if I did not hear from them it was my fault for not calling back and they would no longer accept their product as a return.
This place is a scam. Everything they have done on this transaction has been wrong and they will not take responsibility for it. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Top Choice Digitalpoor customer service - scam

I ordered a computer on 12/11 on the topchoicedigital.com website and still had not received a confirmation, so I called today (12/14). What a mistake. Clark the alleged supervisor was obnoxious and would not look to see if my order had been received or was processing. I made the mistake of not writing down the transaction number on the confirmation page, and he told me that it was not his fault that I didn't know how to use my computer. He was insulting and would not allow me to speak with anyone besides him. I told him that I was cancelling any order (duh! what an ###). And then I found this site. I am so grateful. I have now called my credit card company and let them know the situation. I don't want to cancel a credit card in this credit crisis, so if you have the same situation, your credit card company can stop the transaction before it occurs.

• To
    tojones10 Jan 02, 2009

I placed an order with the company because the camera I had been wanting was $200 cheaper through them and at that point all of their reviews I could find on the company were good. The next day I receive an email asking me to call and confirm my order. When I call I am informed teh battery that comes with the camera will only last 10 shots and he can offer me a better battery for a better price if ordered with the camera. Next he says I will have yo have a charger if I don't want to plug my camera into the wall (Since when do cameras have plugs?). After dening the charger he offers it to me for less than 1/2 of what he originally told me so I took it. Then he tries to sell me a tripod a cleaning kit all of this stuff which at this point I said no to. He then gives me my total and says For only $9 more I can give you a our total package that includes 2 batteries, your charger, tripod, cleaning kit, lens protectant and on and on and on. So after agreeing to this for the price which is now $200 more than my order I placed online last night he tells me it will be $50 more. I stopped him and said oh no where did this extra $50 come from, I am not doing this. He proceeds to say ok I can wave this fee and I will get this right out to you and hangs up on me. Before I even knew what was going on I had spent $200 more for something I had no clue what I was getting.

At this point I am mad! Well once I receive the camera and the "KIT" I am even more mad. The tripod is maybe 3 inches. The lens protectant is laminating paper. The lens cleaning kit is a felt cloth and felt on the edges of cardboard. After many attempts of trying to contact someone I have given up. This place is a rip off!!!

Top Choice DigitalBait & Switch/Fraud/Scam

I ordered a canon camera and lens from this website. Although, I had never done business with TopChoiceDigital.com before, the price was very good.

A few days after placing the order, I get a call from topchoicedigital asking me if I wanted to purchase some accessories to go with my camera... my answer was "no". They asked me if I wanted to insure my order, again my answer was "no". Finally, they said they would have to add a 6% handling fee to my order. At this point I told them to cancel my order.

In hind sight, they wanted me to cancel my order. If a customer--or sucker--is not going to order their over priced accessories and insurance, then they want you to cancel your order. My guess is that the camera was advertised below their actual cost to lure in customers. I sincerely believe they had no intention of selling me the camera at their own website price.

Bottom line, AVOID TopChoiceDigital.com They are cyber scam artist!

PS - I ended up going to B&H Photo, which I should have done in the first place.

• Ba
    Barry Wulfe Dec 04, 2008

I had similar results with Top Choice Digital. They are advertising the new Canon 5D Mark II at $2550, which is about $150 less than list. As a brand new item with limited inventory and high demand, no one is offering any kind of discount on this. When I informed them that I did not want their $160 extended life battery (The rep insisted that the stock battery had a very short life, despite Canon's promotion of their new battery for the 5D Mark II and its 30% increase in power with 850 shots on a full charge) I also declined their Extended warranty. When I was given the total, it was over $200 higher than their quoted price. When I questioned the total I was told that there was a 9% handling and insurance charge. All other legitimate Camera companies fully disclose shipping and insurance costs. Presently, most of the larger companies (B&H, J&R, etc) are offering free ground shipping that includes insurance. No extra hidden fees anywhere. This company is a rip-off scam that tries to lure you in with low advertised prices and then jack up the price after you have spent half an hour on the phone with them, providing credit card #'s, shipping information, etc. STAY AWAY !!!

Mary Dec 18, 2008

DO NOT BUY FROM TOP CHOICE DIGITAL!!!

THEY ARE NOT HONEST...THEY RIP YOU OFF... THEY ARE NOT A LISTED AS A LICENSED CANON DEALER...I called Canon to confirm this.

I purchased just the 5d Mark II body on line. I noticed on my receipt that there was no amount listed. It has my card numer but no amount. Didn't think anything about it. I should have!!! Got a phone call from them the next day and I was a sucker for their lies and purchased warranties, batteries that don't exist. There is no such thing as 4 6 or 8 hour batteries for this camera. You don't need different compact flash cards from a 20D. I was duped. I was took. I ordered a lens too.

I asked for an emailed update on this order. Never got one. I have asked 3 times over the phone after this phone order and still have not recieved one. I have requested one through email to them...I have not recieved one. I have not idea what my charges are for these items... I went on line to check out the batteries he sold me. Couldn't find them. Called TCD AND They said the BATTTERIES were new for the 5d so people didn't have them. I was still skeptical and asked to cancel the order. They told me it was already shipped. They talked about my great package deal. Made me think I was getting a real deal. I let the order go.

The next day it just wasn't sitting with me . Did some more research and realized I had really been taken. Worse yet they gave me a final price over the phone. I decided to call my credit card company to see if they had charged me and found they had a pending charge for $1500. more than the price I was given over the phone. I called TCD back to cancel and they again said it had been shipped the day before so no I couldn't cancel the order. When I asked for a tracking number he couldn't give me one. Said it would take some time to get that information. In the meantime I called my card company back...frantic that they stop the process. They said they couldn't do anything until it is posted.

I called TDC back later but found they were not answering their phones. I finally got through and he did give me a tracking number. Since he told me it was shipped the day before, I went online to UPS tracking and it wouldn't show up... It finally did about 8:30 that night because that is when the billing informations was recieved. The package wasn't picked up until 9:00 that night. They had told me it was shipped the day before. LIES...

It is being shipped to me overnight. I am refusing the package. I Don't dare open it up. I was told by a UPS driver to refuse the package. I can go online and watch the return and know when they get it back.

These guys are scammers. They are not honest at all. I have frantically called my credit card company about 5 times in a day to see if the charges have gone through. You cannot dispute it until it is posted. This is a nightmare. I got TDC address on this site...called Canon to report them...they are not a liscened Canon dealer...they are selling black market goods. Now I'm panicking. I asked them if my prodcut was IMPORTED. They said no. I am not going to open it to find out. They have already lied why would I trust them on this. If it is imported there is no US warranty. It has to have a warranty card and it has to have USA on it.

Yes we should all stick with B&H Photo. I didn't order from them because they didn't have the camera. That right there should tell me that if anyone else does it is a red flag. If google search gives no rating or a poor rating it is a good sign to stay away from these people. TOP CHOICE IS BAD NEWS. If I had done my research I would have found this out before I ordered.

I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau, my attorney general. I have already contacted CANON...They can do nothing since these poeple are not a licensed dealers of Canon. But I would suggest that all of you contact the company of the product you purchased to report them. If enough people make the manufacturers aware of these scammers...maybe something will change... like they have to report their licesne no. on their site. If they don't have one don't buy. It should have a direct link to the manufacturer. Now that is a thought.

For further reference when you order on-line...if they do not give a physical address for their company DONT BUY...better yet if google doesn't have a good report for them...DONT BUY

• Da
    Dancer Jan 22, 2009

Dam I wish I saw this site first ... I just got took ... advertise for 444. and they clip me for 613. Is every body in New York Like this ...corrupt ...? Like the Govt.

Top Choice Digital — scam

SCAM ! I ordered a camera online and 2 days later i was asked to confirm the purchase by phone. When I called...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices