TollFreeMax.com Complaints & Reviews

TollFreeMax.comTricky billing!

The referenced company agreed to supply me with a toll free number for my customers to call and to forward calls made to this number to numbers of my choosing. The company said that in exchange for a monthly fee it would provide me with 100 free minutes of use per month and would assess an additional fee that was proportional to time used over 100 minutes. It failed to disclose that it rounded time used upward to the next highest minute. Upon learning that this was the company's practice, I attempted to cancel the service and asked for a refund. The company's customer service rep not only was unwilling to give me a refund but said there would be a $25 cancellation fee. When I asked whether I had agreed to the fee, the rep referred me to a Web page containing contractual language that looked similar to that to which I had agreed.

I did a Web search and found a number of complaints against the company, claiming fraud. One of them said that the terms and conditions to which customers were required to agreed did not mention any $25 cancellation fee but that the company referred people who were canceling out to terms and conditions that were modified to make it look as though there was an agreement for the $25 cancellation fee. I checked and found that the terms and conditions offered to prospective customers are, indeed, different than the ones shown to people who are canceling.

TollFreeMax.comThey refuse to refund me or cancel my account

I emailed [protected]@tollfreemax.com 6 months ago to cancel my account. They kept billing me. I emailed them again 3 months ago and they kept billing me. I called, told them I want to cancel, they hung up on me. I called again and was put on hold for 49 minutes.

They refuse to refund me or cancel my account.

The service is absolutely bottom of the barrel, the phone calls are full of static and delays. This is why I tried to cancel in the first place. I warn everyone to stay away from this company!

TollFreeMax.com (aka Toll Free Max, TollFreeMax)
2063 North Lecanto Highway
Lecanto, Florida 34461

• Av
    Avi Newmark Feb 19, 2007

After canceling my account with them the continue to bill me. When speaking with them they informed me to stop payment and sue them ridiculous if you ask me.

TollFreeMax.com (aka Toll Free Max, TollFreeMax NeuTouch.com)
    2063 North Lecanto Highway
    Lecanto, Florida 34461

• Kt
    KT Jun 14, 2007

Yes, TOLLFREEMAX is a fraud! The agreement you initially agree to does not contain cancellation fee, but when you cancel they refer you to another link to an agreement that does contain the cancellation fee. The agreement also states they only need an email to cancel, but in fact they require a complicated cancellation process using fax. If you don't follow their cancellation process, they will spam you each day, indefinitely.

• Lo
    Lou Aug 22, 2007

Unfortunately I signed up with tollfreemax before reading the many complaints against them on the net. I canceled the service because I did not get my expedited vanity number (which I paid extra for) when promised. But I found another service and tried to get the number transferred from tollfreemax and it's been pure hell! Hang ups when calling customer service... Unusually long hold times. The only contact with them which was drama free was their deducting money from my credit card... no problem there! But everything else is a NIGHTMARE! These folks suck bigtime!!

• Jt
    JTaylor Jul 06, 2009

TollFreeMax is now ONEBOX and is just as bad! Do NOT use this service.

They disconnected my BUSINESS 800 number for 3 weeks in the "smooth transition." Then they promised me 3 months of credit. The invoices were sent to the wrong email and I never looked as I thought all was well. This month - the 4th, I check and note that I have been charged for FIVE accounts for the last 4 months! So I have paid them FIVE TIMES the normal fee!!! Of course, every phone call (at least 10 during the "smooth transition" was 20-40 minutes long (one was 2 hours!!!) and often disconnected.

I receive numerous emails that they will contact me. They do not. They only send a generic email that I must call them. The call goes to a call center in India. Then my complaint is "escalated" and conveniently disconnected.

Each time they give a reference number. But I asked for a history of all my emails, they do not have those. Although the only form of contact is via an electronic form online.

I just called now. They are refunding (I hope) half and CREDITING me for 10 months. How gracious...bs.

I was promised 3 months credit for the transition. They will not honor that now. They claim that I need that reference number. I have over 20 but they do not recognize any of those.

It's a shame, becuase the product COULD be great if the service was even mediocre.

Avoid them!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices