Times of India Complaints & Reviews

Times of IndiaTimes of india newspaper

I renewed my subscription last year for the period 14th April 2016 to 13th April 2017 by making a cheque payment of Rs 499/-, however the newspaper was delivered only for 4 months initial period, thereafter the delivery stopped. I notified the issue several times through email/phone calls to times of India customer care with continuous follow ups but nobody seems to be bothered to take any action against the vendor. I have requested to refund the money as there is no action been taken but even that has not happened.

Vendor is enjoying the money but services are not delivered.

Times of IndiaNot getting newspaper from April 2016 after renewal

Times of India is not delivering newspaper from the date of renewal from April 2016 due to their internal issues. In spit of repeated reminder they are not bothered to do their service. Collecting money from subscribers like me and sitting on the problem without any step is annoying. Neither they refund my money nor supplying newspaper daily. Very pathetic.

Times of IndiaNot receiving classified section,Matrimonial,Ascent

I am a regular subscriber of TOI Newspaper from Agra .The agent which supplies newspaper to me is M/s Salony news agency, Saifai-Etawah.From last 6 months I am paying Rs 6 per day but I am not receiving classified section, Matrimonial & Ascent section 2 or 3 times a month.I have registered complaint to the agent But he is not resolving the issue saying that TOI is not providing complete news paper.Please look into the matter & resolve the issue at the earliest
Name: Dr. Atul Jain
Contact no: [protected]

Times of IndiaGrowing trend of Hinglish

I have a serious problem with the growing trend of excessive Hindi being used in TOI. Refer to the excerpt from today's paper I have pasted below. There is no extra information being conveyed by using the Hindi words. Instead, being an English newspaper, the Hindi lines could simply have been translated to English without losing its meaning.

This is an excerpt from Page 1 of today's TOI - Bengaluru Edition.
"Pakistan aaye din (constantly) disturbs India, jo naako dum la deta hai (creates nuisance), terrorism ko badhawa (deta hai)...ki ghatnaayein ghatthi rehti hain (promotes terrorism and such incidents keep recurring), " Modi said in his address to Dhaka University.

The irony is that this looks like gibberish even to a person who does understand Hindi.

This trend undermines the fact that many of TOI's readers may not know Hindi, and unlike this article many others in the past did not even have translations.

Furthermore, this usage of Hinglish in a national newspaper (The excerpt looks like a badly written SMS) is severely detrimental to both Hindi and English.

Times of IndiaNoise Pollution

The torture and noise pollution in the name of raahgiri day continues for the sixth sunday in dwarka today. For people like me who have just one weekly off on sunday to relax a bit, it is really harrowing to be woken up with a jarring music at 6. 00 a. M every sunday. I am not against raahgiri or its concept, but why can't it be celebrated without disturbing others? The banging (Involved in stage making) starts at about 1. 00 a. M in the night, the mike testing at 6. 00 a. M and the yelling and shrieking at 7. 00 a. M. Imagine the torture that we have to face every sunday morning as our flat is just opposite to the stage in sector 10 (Opp. Sector 6 market) .
I would like to humbly appeal to the organisers to celebrate this raahgiri without the noise pollution. Since this is a permanent affair, please do not spoil our sundays.
You may either turn down the volume of the music system or keep it in a non - residential area or change the venue to a different sector in dwarka every week, so that the same set of people staying opposite sector 6 market do not get tortured every sunday morning.
Hope you will agree that weekly of is quite precious for everyone, especially for those working six days week. Presume something will be done to put an end to this harassment.

What are the organisers gaining by disturbing us like this on a sunday?
Why can't the program continue without the noise pollution?
With the board exams round the corner, is it fair to cause this commotion under any pretext?

• Ar
    Arumairaj Jun 09, 2011

I received newspaper only for 3 weeks after the introduction in Coimbatore. Now i am not getting the newspaper for the past three weeks. Please take suitable action.

Mobile No. : 94433-60750

Dr. P.D. Arumairaj
    23-1 Periannan Nagar,
    Thadagam road,
    Coimbatore - 641 025.

• Vi
    vinitha roshan Dec 05, 2011

in spite of repeated calls to your office that i have not received the paper for 5 days no response i have made close to 10 calls to different people either they say u will get it tomorrow or they say we will look into the matter .i don't understand how u can appoint such irresponsible people being in service industry . i rather not recommend you to any other person is there any way u can refund my subscription fee?????

• Br
    Br Pravin Joshi May 22, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I am in Varanasi. The 'Benaras Times' is not delivered along with the newspaper. The copy of 23 May 12 says 28 pages. The copy I received however, has only 26 pages.

Brig Pravin Joshi

Sahil mantrao Jun 07, 2012

sir
    I have been a daily reader of your esteemed newspaper from last two months .i am from Rajpura pincode-140401(district-Patiala ).i want to complaint regarding distribution of newspaper. your newspaper dont get delivered to me nearly 7-8 days in a month and from 28 th may i am getting TRIBUNE rather than times of india.i also have to pay rs 25 as delivery charges.plz take care of this.

• Ke
    kesavaraja Oct 29, 2012

the same here i am not getting newspaper for last 3 days my area pin-641016(pattnam pudur)

• Ke
    kesavaraja Oct 29, 2012

i have not been receiving news paper for last three days i am from coimbatore area pattnam pudur pin-641016 plz take some necessary actions soon sir

• Jk
    J Krishna Murthy Dec 26, 2012

We paid yearly subscription for Times of India for daily paper (vide their receipt no. 438737 and 399735 dated 4-12-12)
    and the first paper received on 19th Dec and after that we have not receiving paper. I have been making complaint over
    phone daily, but no result. How can we solve this problem sir. ( from Hyderabad city)

• 1skippy Feb 19, 2015

This would be a big undertaking for this site to remedy your problem as it pertains to your local government in India. I would would be impressed if they could help you. That said, I understand you situation as I have had a similar problem, but in my home. My children's friends harassing us 24 hours a day by telephone. Being that I was an on call 7, 24, 365 employee made it worse. Sorry to hear this and I hope you get your washing machine replaced or repaired soon as well.

Times of IndiaWrong matrimonial ad

This is regarding a wrong matrimonial ad printed on TOI on 14th dec, for which I already had a word with Mr RAJEEV([protected]) through whom I have booked the ad, as he accepted his mistake and assured me another ad in the coming week, but the ad was not printed, I called him again and he started ignoring my calls. As this is very rude and unprofessional on his part, I now want the amount to be reimbursed ( Rs 5000/-) and want no ad to be printed ever, or else I will be bound to initiate a legal action.

Times of IndiaNews paper delivery

Dear Sir/Madam
I have subscribed TOI news paper for 12 th month on February 2014 after making a cheque payment of Rs 299. My complaint is vendor is not delivering newspaper reguarly, hardly we receive news paper once or twice a months. I called vendor so many times to provide me newspaper reguarly. But There was no proper action taken from them. I fed up calling them for the same reason so I called TOI person to whom I have spoken at the time of subscription. I got a reply saying that, I can not do any thing of that. Its really disgusting after getting this kind of reply after making a payments. These peoples cheat us after taking the money. If TOI is not capable of doing this, TOI should remove all these stupid offer. I request TOI to either refund my money back or get the things resolved.
My subscription id is Nam027300

Thanks
Gaurav

• Ra
    Ratnesh Kumar ratan Oct 01, 2016

Dear sir, I am Ratnesh kumar from raja ji puram in Lucknow and Ihad subscribed News paper in ascheme of 9 months in Rs 500 I am getting paper regularly but i missed my coupan code fron your side and now the vender is asking fot it, so kindly will u sokve the the issue, my details are ( Ratnesh kumar s/o Mr Rajan kumar, [email protected], 7786958757, 9453211053

Times of IndiaNot receiving Economic Times instead of Mumbai Mirror in Combo offer

I am a subscriber of Times of India and Mumbai Mirror since last 6-7 years. Recently after Times of India launched a campaign allowing Economic Times to be subscribed instead of Mirror, I informed my vendor (Surendra Parab, Lalbaug, Mumbai) regarding this. Even after repeated phone calls and following up, he is not providing The Economic TImes instead of Mumbai Mirror. I have already paid for year TOI subscription.

• Vc
    V C Inderkumar Jan 02, 2014

not even a single issue of the times of india after collecting money 1 month ago.
    subs no.: 32532253
    V C Inderkumar

Times of IndiaNon-delivery of newspaper due to Union Issues of Local Vendor

Dear Sir,

I am a resident of Kandivali, Mumbai. I am subscribed to Times of India + Economic Times combo half yearly subscription.
My susbcription details are -
Vendor Code : [protected]
Area Code : MA039
Sub-Dealer Name : Ramesh Patel
Sub Dealer Code : [protected]

I would like to raise a complaint against my Sub Dealer - Ramesh Patel and also against the Union party for Charkop Kandivali

region in Mumbai. Since last few weeks the delivery of Times of India paper has not been regular. Especially on Fridays - They

dont deliver Bombay Times and other color supplements along with main paper. Also in between i have observed

IRREGULARITY of delivering Sunday Times Newspaper.
Today, Thursday, 24th October, 2013, No paper was delivered. When i tried reaching the vendor he very conveniently has

switched off his phone the whole day to avoid complaint calls. On inquiring from other vendors, i learnt that Mr.Ramesh Patel

had not collected the newspapers from the Distributors early this morning stating some Union Issues.

What i fail to understand is WHY SHOULD THE END CONSUMER SUFFER BECAUSE OF VENDOR'S UNION ISSUES??
whatever your issues are go and get it solved internally or take it up with the concerned authorities. How can NON-DELIVERY of

paper to consumer going to help you with this.

I REQUEST AND WARN ALL VENDORS - NOT TO INDULGE IN YOUR INTERNAL UNION FIGHTS OR ISSUES AT COST OF

CONSUMER. Remember its because of we consumers that your network is running and business is happening.

I request the Concerned Authorities at Times of India to look into this matter and get it resolved as soon as possible.
We can't tolerate this Unprofessional behavior. Kindly Take Action against Vendor Ramesh Patel and its associated Union

Parties.

Waiting to hear from you regarding this.

- A Troubled Mumbai consumer

Times of IndiaNON RECEIPT OF ECONOMIS TIMES IN COMBO OFFER OF TIMES OF INDIA

WE ARE TIMES OF INDIA CUSTOMER FROM LAST 7 YEARS MUMBAI . THE FRONT PAGE OF TIMES OF INDIA MUMBAI EDITION MENTIONS THE PRICE OF NEWSPAPER ALONG WITH MUMBAI MIRROR OR ECONOMIC TIMES OR MAHARSHTRA TIMES. WE WISH TO TAKE THE NEWPAPER ALONG WITH ECONOMIC TIMES BUT THE AGENT WHO IS SUPPLYING US THE NEWSPAPER SAYS THAT NO SUCH SCHEME OF SUPPLYING TOI ALONG WITH ECONOMIC TIMES IS AVAILABALE AND WE ARE CONTRAINTED TO TAKE MUMBAI MIRROR ALONG WITH TOI. WE HAVE ALSO CALLED THE TIMES OF INDIA NO.022-[protected] BUT WE DID'NT GOT ANY FAVOURABLE REPLY. IF ECONOMIC TIMES IS NOT AVAILABLE ALONG WITH TIMES OF INDIA THEN WHY IS SUCH BIG COMPANY MAKING FAKE REMARKS ON FRONT PAGE OF NEWPAPER
From
Narsingh ([protected])
Mulund East Mumbai

Amit Mandal Oct 01, 2013

I had applied for TOI yearly subscription order no. 4465011. My Bank Cheque no. 756831 cleared on 31/07/2013. But till now i have not received the coupon...

sarvesh Khanna Jun 14, 2016

I also have applied for combo offer, but till date they have not given me any confirmation and amount has been detected from my account.

I have received the message, but when i am trying to contact on phone no. provided by them it is wrong

Times of IndiaCheating With customers

We want to applu for times of india yearly subscriptions. When we asked about this to our supplier he told that agency is not proving this. When we called up agency they told company is not giving this. And when we asked to company they told agency and supplier are cheating with us.

In all these corrupted people customer is the one who is suffering.
Our area Code : 500049
Address : My home jewel, hyderabad

• Jy
    Jyoti N Sep 21, 2013

Times of India Newspaper have yearly subscription scheme for customers. When we asked to our supplier for providing the scheme he told agency is not giving us the scheme. When we asked agency they told company is not giving the scheme. And we asked company they told supplier is not proving you.

In all this corrupt people we are the one, who is suffering.
    Our Address:
    My home jewel, madinaguda, hyderabad
    Pin code : 500049

Times of Indiabrought subscription but paper not delivered

I am Dr Vaishali Dhabalia, I have subscribed for Times of India News paper under Doctors scheme on 27/07/2012. But from December the paper vendor (Pradeep kulkarni) stop delivering the paper and asking for money...he is not ready to take the coupon saying that company is not reimbursing the coupon and went in to argument and we paid him Rs 650/ with no choice..
I complained the same to Times of India contact person Ms Seema (ph – 022-[protected]) several times but without any resolution…after 3 weeks she given the area manager (Jayant Patil – cell – [protected]) to take this issue with him..
Jayant Patil never pickup the calls…after several attempts at last he pickup the call and insure that he will discuss this things with vendor and resolve the issue in a week time… (Looks funny...When just the discussion with vendor requires 1 week time)
Now even after several calls...Mr Jayant Patil didn’t pick up the call and we haven’t got any solution on this issue...
Please look in to this matter and repay our subscription money back as we do not want such poor services and such a poor response from your staff...who are not ready to resolve the issues.

Please return my subscription money back and send your person to collect your coupons. Below are my details.
order no - 02511 (12 Months) (27/07/2012 subscribed)

Times of IndiaNON Delivery of subscription and improper response by CRM team

I have requested a change of address. I was told my subscription will resume on 16-12-2012. It is almost one month over and I have not received my subscription.
I have been mailing and calling to CRM team over the issue but, I am given false promise and no follow ups. I am also not aware whom I can appeal.
My order no NAJ 030508.
Please help and extend my subscription period.

Times of IndiaNo reply in giving prize

In Education Times of Times of India Newspaper on 2nd page of it there is a column of BRAINSTRAIN Questions and top of it they have written that " 3 correct entries will win pendrive for you " without any condition .
I mailed my answers and also got 7 correct answers I mailed that guy sanjay saxena hundreds of times but he hasn't given any reply yet . I dont know where to complain about that person He is just a stupid guy who is taking down his company's reputation.

• Vi
    vikas prasad Aug 03, 2014

i am mailing the correct answers for about 5 years & still i haven't got any prize what a fraud he is

Times of IndiaIrregular stoppage of supply

I am a founder member of Times of India Chennai edition. I was approached in the year 2008 by the representatives of the TI and was enrolled as a subscriber. I have been making regular payments since then and the all the payments have been made by me through bank cheques. The details of Cheque Payments made are as follows:
1. Cheque No:416647 Corporation Bank - A sum of Rs.299/- debited from account on 4.10.2008 in favour of "BENNETT COLEMAN" [for the year Jan 2009 to Dec 2009];
2. Cheque No: [protected] Canara Bank: A sum of Rs.299/- debited from account on 15.10.2009 in favour of "BENNETT" [for the year Jan 2010 to Dec 2010];
3. Cheque No: 416655 Corporation Bank - A sum of Rs.299/- debited from account on 18.09.2009 in favour of "BENNETT COLEMAN" [for the year Jan 2011 to Dec 2011];and
4. Cheque No: 416660 Corporation Bank - A sum of Rs.299/- debited from account on 5.5.2011 in favour of "BENNETT COLEMAN" [for the year Jan 2012 to Dec 2012].
When the last cheque was demanded by the Newspaper Agent, he was informed by me that i am a founder member and i used to remit the cheques only in the final quarter of each year and why again a cheque is demanded during the early part of the year? He said the cheque goes in the name of Bennett coleman" only and there will be no problem for accounting etc. However, the same Newspaper Agent : K.Babu Newspaper Agencies, 28/30 Parthasarathy Street, Purasawalkam, Chennai 600007 [Mobile No:[protected]] started pressurising me for another cheque stating that the earlier cheque is only for year 2011 and for contined supply of newspaper i have to make another payment for the year 2012. He already collected all the Coupons along with the Book from me and so i cannot argue with him except by informing him that the payment is for the whole year 2012. In the meanwhile a representative from the Times of India viz., Sri.Kartik [Mobile No:[protected]] visited my house and got the whole details once again from me and assured to intervene. But there was no action from him to set right the issue. However, all of a sudden, the Newspaper Agency stopped supply of newspaper from 23rd April, 2012, even though my subscription is valid up to December 2012. This is highly irregular. I am put to lot of mental agony due to the sudden stoppage of newspaper. I want that a reputed a newspaper concern like Times of India intervene effectively and commence supply of paper immediately.

Times of Indiasubscription not receied

This is to bring to your kind attention that I am a regular subscriber to TOI for the past 3 years. Prior to this I was a regular reader of "The Hindu" for more than 10 years. I have also recommended more than 15 persons to subscribe TOI.

Worst Service

I received my copy daily on time (Before 6:30 am) during the 1st year and I was happy on the service and quality, which also made me to subscribe for the next year (last year). But from last year this has become worse, I neither receive my copy on time(Min only after 7.30) nor receive the paper regularly. if it rains I am sure now that I will not get the paper for the day, even my kid knows that.

Especially even it drizzles I don't get the paper for the day and sometimes the paper is delivered to me the next day or day after. (2 or 3 papers at a time)

This I have complained to the call centre and also to the agent many times. Still there is no improvement.

This is clearly visible that there is no respect or response if we complain to any.

Subscription renewal

Still when your person called us for this year [protected]) subscription renewal, we had a second thought and after lot of hesitance we renewed on the assurance given by your team that all the issues will be sorted out. Keeping some faith on your esteemed TOI we further renewed for this year also, well ahead of the date of expiry.

But till date I have not received my copy. I received my last copy on 19 th Aug 2010. After the rain on 20th i have not received my copy till now. As per my old order i hope I am supposed to get my copy till 30 th of august 2010 where the subs of last year started from 1st September 2009.

Apart from this I have renewed for this year on 17/08/2010, (RRE Code : CR 1973, Depot Code: D3165, Dealer Code : [protected]) Still i have not received the subscribtion.

Call center

I would have contacted the call center many times ( around 20 times in the 2 months) but of no use.

Even for this subscribtion I am calling the call certer almost daily and every day i get an assurance from different person/agents that this will be solved today. But nothing has happened till now.

Finally after raising my voice with the agents yesterday a person named Karthik call up and told that this will be sorted out today and he was on the way to our house to meet us. But till now he has not turned up and if we try to call him up he is not picking up the call.

Past 1 month I am suffering to get my copy but no one is able to help me out. Finally TOI has proved that they dont care about subscribers/ customers. The pain is only for the customer and TOI doesnt care about this is very much evident.

Conclution

The number of calls I have made till now to your team, the time wasted by me till date in the past 2 years to get my copy, the money i have spent to get the alternate paper for the days TOI has missed is very high. On subscribtion to TOI I am only losing money and patience.

So I request you to kindly sort out the issues immediately. If really the TOI team is caring about the subscriber/ customers, I am expecting one of your company's responsible customer care senior person to meet me before this week to sort out the issues or please cancel my subscribtion and return back my money

I hope you will not allow me to take it up further and expecting that this will be my final mail to you regarding my subscribtion.

Serious concerns

Pain 1 : My subcribtion Stopped all of the sudden by last month 19th and reason not known
Pain 2 : Even after renewal done by last week till date we have not got the paper. Need to know where is my money?
Pain3 : How am I going to get compensation for the paper which i have not received past 15 days and the paper not delivered in the last month
Pain 4 : With this kind of worst call center service how can I continue this TOI and what will happen to the persons to whome i have recommended.

AWAITING YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION

V.Girinarayanan

Times of IndiaNon delivery of subscription

I have subscribed for the Times of India news paper through the annual scheme. My order number is NAC 063453. Despite making several calls to Times of India customer care (044- [protected]) and the agent Mr Karthik ([protected]) / Mr Ravi ([protected]) there has never been a proper response. My subscription has been stopped abruptly from the 1st of August. I would seek you take action against suck unkindly / unlawful service. I would be glad to get the news paper for the pending subscription period and would not vouch for such pathetic subscription again.

Badri Narayanan
Chennai, TN
Email: [protected]@yahoo.com
Contact No.: [protected]

• Kr
    Krishnaraj Dhule Dec 19, 2012

I am not receiving Times of India and mumbai mirror supplement from 28th August till to date. My details are as given below
    Name: Krishnaraj Dhule
    Address: 503, Bella Donna 1, Queens Park, Mira-Bhayender Road, Mira Road (E).
    chq No. : 309660 dt 12 August, 2012 . Amt : Rs 521/-
    Bank : Corporation Bank, Mira Road (E).
    Vendors Name: E S Mani

Times of IndiaNon receipt of Coupon Amount

S Kumar
34 Devi Karumari Amman Nagar
Kolappakkam chennai [protected]

I am a small distributor who is delivering times of india paper to houses in our locality. I am not getting Coupon amount.. for 6 months...? Suffrering a lot..!!

My Agent name: Murali, [protected] Porur Chennai.

Pl guide me whom to contact...? or whom to give complaint...

Times of IndiaCompulsory delivery of TOI CREST

I am in Bharuch and we get Surat edition. My newspaper agent
is sending the TOI CREST compulsorily to all TOI regular subscribers
and they do not have choice to say no to TOI CREST. Atleast that was is happening to Bharuch readers. I have been requesting my newspaper agent for not delivering TOI CREST since last two weeks
but he shows his helplessness saying this comes as bundeled from times office with Monday issue of TOI for Bharuch readers and it is compulsory. Now I do not understand this logic. TOI CREST comes dtd for Saturday and delivered on Monday morning. What is the logic.? We pay and read stale issue of Crest on Monday.

So why TOI is making all the show when it is issued compulsary for all the readers. Or Is it that TOI wants to establish a record for TOI CREST circulation by doing this.

I have been reader of TOI since my childhood. But the manner in which TOI
is operating in Bharuch, I have lost the respect of TOI as newspaper.
Earlier we were getting TOI Ahmedabad edition, then Baroda edition started
and we were getting Baroda edition. The Surat edition started and we are
getting Surat edition. Funny part is that we get the Surat edition but it
stripped down edition as we do not get city supplements of Surat times
while we are made to pay for full paper cost. Similarly in between for
almost six months suddenly Sunday Life was stopped but paper rates were
not reduced.

I think for TOI readers only choice is to shift their loyalty to other
newspaper which I am going to do from next month. Because I do not like to
get forced for buying (paying hefty charge of Rs 6/-)which I do not want
to read.

Times of IndiaNo Freelance Payment

Hi,

I wrote some freelance articles for Times Of India, Chandigarh. I was told that I would be paid Rs. 500 per article and I wrote 5 articles for the Tech and You section of the paper.
This was some 4 years back. The sub-editor in-charge Mr. Vivek Mukherjee did not give me a dime despite repeated requests. Even after a year and a half of the articles being published, he told me that the payment has not been released by the head office. What kind of newspaper is this. You guys don't even pay your freelancers, and you claim to project the wrongdoings in the society. Either Times of India is fraud or Vivek Mukherjee Times of India is one.
Anyways, the amount isn't large but its about the ethics.

• In
    Indian20 Aug 13, 2009

Hi dude...

Well done... Its really bad to know that editor like Vivek Mukherjee from the Press Times of India are involved in this kind of messing things. Its like Indians exploiting Indians only...I guess you should take this issue to court so that no body can even dare to do this thing again...Shame on Times of India Group and Shame on Vivek Mukherjee...

• Je
    Jess_13 Aug 13, 2009

hey buddy!

i think d guy u r talking about has shifted to delhi and is Sports Editor Times of India now. a friend of mine had faced the same problem while doing freelance writing for Vivek Mukherjee times of india. don'tknow if anything could be done about it though.
    TC

Amitinder Aug 18, 2009

such incidents are unfortunate. Times of India is one of the leading newspapers in India and if they are not paying their freelancers, then its a matter of concern. It was the responsibility of sports editor vivek mukherjee to help this freelancer in getting the amount he deserved. Now sports editor vivek mukherjee has moved to delhi conveniently and must be duping the freelancers there and pocketing their money.

Anonymous_23_23 Dec 06, 2009

I recently checked the status of this complaint hoping to hear from Vivek Mukherjee Times of India but guess he is too busy playing his own games. Most of you might not have heard of the latest online fad Online Reputation Management, so i'll take this opportunity to tell you about it. When people like me are victimized by Frauds like Vivek Mukherjee Times of India Sports Editor, we write a complaint online. Now I am sure Sports Editor Vivek Mukherjee or someone close to him or someone from Times Of India has come across this piece. So they told Vivek Mukherjee to get his reputation management done, wherein a few Linked In profiles were made, and so were Twitter accounts, Facebook accounts, etc.

Instead of apologizing or admitting his mistake, Times of India Sports Editor Vivek Mukherjee is trying to cover it up. I am sure he can do so as I must not be the only Freelancer whose payments he has gulped conveniently. But buddy if you have done such a thing, you should also be ready for the consequences. So vivek Mukherjee, the sports editor from Times of India, you try to keep the negative listings down, while i'll make sure they remain on the first page so that my freelancing brothers do not suffer at the hands of people like you. & Tell the person who is doing this ORM thing for you that if i Write Vivek Mukherjee Fraud or Vivek Mukherjee Scam, or Vivek Mukherjee Complaints, its a bit difficult to bring the listings down. Why?? Because how would he write a piece using Vivek Mukherjee Fraud or Vivek Mukherjee Scamster keyword.
    Anywayz...You better not try embezzling the money of freelancers again & also warn your subordinates if they are into such unethical practices.

• In
    indian2 Dec 14, 2009

Yeah, I agree...I'm shocked to here that Vivek Mukherjee from Times of India is playing some online games. He should be shamed of himself...He has proved that at last he's a ###ing ###, who are spoiling the name of India in an international level...Yeah, definitely now I can understand why Western Countries hesitate to do business with India. Shame on you VIVEK MUKHERJEE!!!

• Ki
    King_kong Oct 09, 2012

no more freelancing for me

• Fo
    ForgotMe_VivekMukherjeeTOI Mar 03, 2014

I wrote some freelance articles for Times Of India, Chandigarh. I was
    told that I would be paid Rs. 500 per article and I wrote 5 articles for
    the Tech and You section of the paper.
    This was some 4 years back. The sub-editor in-charge Mr. Vivek Mukherjee
    did not give me a dime despite repeated requests. Even after a year and
    a half of the articles being published, he told me that the payment has
    not been released by the head office. What kind of newspaper is this.
    You guys don't even pay your freelancers, and you claim to project the
    wrongdoings in the society. Either Times of India is fraud or Vivek
    Mukherjee Times of India is one.
    Anyways, the amount isn't large but its about the ethics.

• Fo
    ForgotMe_VivekMukherjeeTOI Mar 03, 2014

I recently checked the status of this complaint hoping to hear from
    Vivek Mukherjee Times of India but guess he is too busy playing his own
    games. Most of you might not have heard of the latest online fad Online
    Reputation Management, so i'll take this opportunity to tell you about
    it. When people like me are victimized by Frauds like Vivek Mukherjee
    Times of India Sports Editor, we write a complaint online. Now I am sure
    Sports Editor Vivek Mukherjee or someone close to him or someone from
    Times Of India has come across this piece. So they told Vivek Mukherjee
    to get his reputation management done, wherein a few Linked In profiles
    were made, and so were Twitter accounts, Facebook accounts, etc.

Instead of apologizing or admitting his mistake, Times of India Sports
    Editor Vivek Mukherjee is trying to cover it up. I am sure he can do so
    as I must not be the only Freelancer whose payments he has gulped
    conveniently. But buddy if you have done such a thing, you should also
    be ready for the consequences. So vivek Mukherjee, the sports editor
    from Times of India, you try to keep the negative listings down, while
    i'll make sure they remain on the first page so that my freelancing
    brothers do not suffer at the hands of people like you. & Tell the
    person who is doing this ORM thing for you that if i Write Vivek
    Mukherjee Fraud or Vivek Mukherjee Scam, or Vivek Mukherjee Complaints,
    its a bit difficult to bring the listings down. Why?? Because how would
    he write a piece using Vivek Mukherjee Fraud or Vivek Mukherjee Scamster
    keyword.
    Anywayz...You better not try embezzling the money of freelancers again
    & also warn your subordinates if they are into such unethical
    practices.

Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee Vivek Mukherjee

Times of IndiaNo Newspaper delivery

Hi,

I have subscribed for the times of India Dhamaka offer which gives 6 months times of India Newspaper for 175 Rs.But I did not received the newspaper from last 15 days.I made several calls to the times office and also to the vendor but to no avail.It is heartening to see that such a reputed company like timesgroup is resorting to such cheap tactics

Thanks,
nandkishor

Times of India — Times of India subscription in chennai

I subscribed fot the Times of India in chennai before their launch, but till now i have not recieved any copy...

Times of Indiano delivery of times of india

my name is Dr Gingu koshy george. I had subscibed to the Times of India, chennai edition when their people came knocking on my door on 20/01/2008. on enquiry i was told that the paper would be delivered to me from febraury 1. to my dismay i found no newspaper at my doorstep on february 1. after repeated calls to a number provided by them i got through to their call centre who informed me that i had been misinformed and that the paper would start only on 14 april, 2008. but even till today dated 22/4/08 i did not receive a copy of the TOI chennai edition.
my order number is 2014833.
i can not believe that such a reputed company like the TOI doesnot have an online complaint email id or even that they would resort to such cheap tactics.

Anshul Mohindra Apr 29, 2008

I have been a regular reader of Times Of India. I was really glad when I found out that it was being launched in Chennai.
    I sent a message on 58888 and got a feedback message stating that I would be contacted soon.I tried calling the alternate number 24317979, but always got an engaged tone.
    I wanted to subscribe the daily for a period of 6 months, and wasn't able to get the free gift.
    Till date (29th April ), nobody has contacted me. I was told that the scheme was withdrawn on 4th April.I was suprised the way the whole launch was handled.
    I hope, wherever the new places you luanch the newspaper, the same thing is not repeated.

• Ab
    Abhrajyoti Kundu May 04, 2008

I am the student of VNIT Nagpur subscribing times of india newspaper for last 1 year. There was a scheme offering Rs 399 from the month of july 07 to april 08 .I accepted the offer and everything was right but unfortunately I lost the 12 month coupon and now again I have to pay the whole amount!I even visited the main office of Times of India but they also said me the same.
    So please help me from the situation.

• Sr
    srividhya Jun 03, 2008

sir I would like to inform you that unfortunately I lost my 12 months coupons now what should I do ?
    I am from chennai help me as to how I should continue move further

• So
    soumendu Jul 11, 2008

To
    The Editor,
    Times of India
    Hyderabad.

Dear Sir,

Sub: TOI Door Delivery Scheme

we need TOI Door delivery scheme for Yearly / Half yearly. Sir Please Send your TOI Scheme as early as possible.

Thanking You,

Soumendu.

• Pn
    PNTANEJA Mar 10, 2009

We ordered for 2 sets of Reabock track suits ete, 8th feb, complete detail of payment, given below.
    SBI CREDIT CARD, Rs3199/-Standard Chartered credit card, Rs.3199/- Payment is deposited in Living Media(l DELHI.
    T his statement is issused by our Bankers. Take quick action, no delay no excuse, and reply us on the following mob no.
    P.N.Taneja 9811042913.
    Dr, Archana Sachdev. 9810683014.

• Pn
    PNTANEJA Mar 10, 2009

No comments unless we receive the reply, from ur end

• Ga
    Gajendiran Jan 16, 2010

My Name is Sangeetha Gajendiran, I had subscribed to the TIMES OF INDIA, Chennai edition, when their people came knocking on my door on 10/12/2009, He collected cheque and gave order cum receipt

He told me paper would be delivered to me 1st of jan-2009, still they are not delivery single paper to my door step.
    Please provide me contact no, e.mail ID.
    I attached their bill copy for subscribtion.

Bill details-
    RPE code-CR3048
    Depot code D3222
    Depot Name moolakadai
    Dealer- 20436832

My Contact detail - 9840511035

• Ha
    Harimadhavan Sep 01, 2011

I am an annual subscriber of The Crest Edition, Times of India and my Order No. is CREST 00036 dated 25.12.2010. In my area (Koyambedu) we receive the The Crest Edition on Mondays. Some weeks in July I did not get the paper till Wednesday and I contacted one Mr. Amudhan who is said to be in-charge in this part and he connected me to one Mr. Yogesh who is looking after Koyambedu and he promised to deliver the paper but nothing happened. Same delay and promise but the next week I did not get the paper at all! I wonder whether there is any proper mechanism to ensure prompt delivery of the paper. It looks as though your people are not interested in redressing the grievance of the subscribers. I am given the run around and being forced to call every week for my issue which I think is unacceptable considering the fact that I am an annual subscriber. It is Thursday and I am yet to receive this week's edition. I want this fixed ASAP or my entire money back.
    C.V.Harimadhavan,
    Ph: 044 24791663 / Mob. 9941355175

Times of IndiaSubscriber cheated

I was one among those who was wishing to see ToI takeover THE Hindu and among the first of the fools to subscribe on 26th Jan itself with subscription number 2012073.
First got cheated with a flask which didnt work!!
I am not receiving my paper and the old paper agent says though he doesnt have my info, if I hand him over the coupons, he will give with Rs. 10 as delivery charge.. For april next 10 days, he wants the full coupon for the month..
The phone is not picked..
So welcome ToI and am pretty sure you are doomed for failure.. you dont know the power of mass folks like us who are cheated

• Re
    Reenu Maria Basil Apr 13, 2009

Hi,

I subscribed to Times of india newspaper in 2008. I received the paper for 3 months after which it stopped as i changed house. This year the vendor contacted again asking for subscription renewal in february 2009 and i had had made the complaint of not receiving the paper. The vendor promised that i would get the news paper in march with the older subscription and thereafter with the new subscription. I subscribed to the new one and still not receiving the newspaper. Tried to contact in the number he gave and no one picked up. i should get the newspaper or get my money back. I have the subscription coupons intact with me. Please make it fast so that I can subscribe to some other paper with better customer satisfaction.

Thanks,
    Reenu

amar bashinde Apr 29, 2009

TIMES OF INDIA PAPER,

SUB -COMPLAINT OF THE YOUR DOMBIVALI EXUTIVE

THE YOUR EXUTIVE IN THE DOMBIVALI EAST AREA MR. SANTOSH YADALI ARE BAHAVING LIKE AGLY & NOT PAYING THE COUPENS PAYMENT SUPPORT THE VENDER OF THE ONE MONTHS FREE PAPER SCAM IN THE DOMBIVALI AND HIS MEN ARE SATISH BEHAVE LIKE DON SAYING JO UAKANADANA HAI VO UAKANDALE MEER KOI KUCH NAI KAR SAKTA.
    THEY NOT SUPPORT THE SMALL VENDER NOT GIVE THAN SCAM THEY TALKING UGLY.
    I AM ONE OF THE VENDORE AND ALSO WORKING THE PUBLICTAION COMPANY THEY WORK LIKE THIS I GIVE YOU PROMISE CLOSE DOMBIVLI DEPO OF THE TIMES OF INDIA
    SO PLASE TAKE ACTION ON HIM OR I AM TAKEN ACTION YOUR PAPER NOT SOLD IN THE DOMBIVALI BRANCH.

• Cl
    Clal Jul 23, 2009

Times of INDIA - Un Responsible, Cheats to customers.
    I had TOI subscription for 6 months and after 2.5 months, they have stopped delivering papers.
    Filed a complaint -- Number 202135 to local TIMES office (ph. no. 040-23355335) couple of times but no action taken, they feel sorry but don't do anything.
    They gave me couple of numbers but no one acts on this complaint.

TOI SUCKS.

Times of IndiaDefault in delivering the newspapaer

My name is Y. Srinivasa Rao. I have subscribed for The Times of India Dhamaka Offer ( 6 months package ) vide consent no. 60846 / dt 17.7.07 and Sunday Times Dhamaka offer vide consent no. 62018 / dt 17.7.07 by paying Rs 175 . My date of implementation was 1.8.2007. I started receiving the issues from 1st August. Later on , the delivering of the news paper has become very irregular. till date , I have nearly missed about 10 to 15 issues. I contacted the concerned vendor ( Narsimlu ) who was supposed to deliver at my place ( vasanthanagar, Kukatpally, Hyderabad ) . Once or twice he responded that the incharge boy has forgotten to put the newspaper. Then onwards , whenever I inquired, He said not call him but to inquire from the Times office. As per his explanation , my name was not in the subscribers' list . Then I inquired with the Times Office - customer care . I first booked the complaint on 26 th of Oct 2007. But there was not response and the default continued . I again on 31 st oct 2007 booked another complaint , and even then Iam not receiving my Issues . The Times of india people , being so irresponsible are losing the customer trust . I hope The Times of India management will wake for this complaint atleast and be prompt in their action !!!!!!!!

• Pa
    Pawan Gupta Mar 08, 2008

Hello Sir,

We had subscribed to times of india through the executive who visited
    our home D1/80, Janakpuri. The order no that we placed is 6696. He had
    promised for a free gift also, which has not been delivered yet.
    Please look into the matter.

Thanks
    Mr Pawan Gupta
    Ph 9810034075

• Al
    Aldrin Aug 13, 2008

Hi Everybody,

Unknowingly I subscribed Times of India in Chennai for 6 months, I ordered this stupid on the Month of February (where else the news paper started publishing only on April 14th) but so far today is 13th of August I have never received a single news paper.

I called these customer service people for more than 20 times (but it was just a waste of my money and time) and even I have sent more than 5 emails but I haven’t received even a singly reply mail from them IT’s REALLY A VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE... Every time when I call them they say that it will be delivered by tomorrow morning but nothing happened so far.

I really don’t know where to go ahead and complain about this ### news paper.

EVERYBODY, PLEASE DON'T EVER SUBSCRIBE TO THIS NEWS PAPER...They really don’t know that they are doing there.

Because IT SUCK's... I thought of writing more indecent words but since its an public forum... That’s all about it.

• Cl
    Clal Jul 23, 2009

Times of INDIA - Un Responsible, Cheats to customers.
    They gave me couple of numbers but no one acts on this complaint.

TOI SUCKS.