Tilden Car Care Complaints & Reviews

Tilden Car CareScammers

I telephoned Tilden Car Care Saturday October 15th. for quote on a starter for a 2002 Mercury Sable. I was given a quote by a lady of $250.00. I picked up my car on Monday October 17, 2011, I was told I owed $356.00. I finally agreed with the manager to pay $289.00. I was angry, did not want to haggle anymore so I paid it.

This is not the first time Tilden has taken advantage. I am on a fixed income, hate being taken advantage of. I want this bill to be $250.00. And the manager would not let the cashier print the original receipt. What was he hiding?

• El
    Elrod Miller Mar 01, 2011

COULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME AN E-MAIL ADRESS SO I CAN FILE MY COMPLAINT AGAINST THE OWNER STEVE MOORE AT THE TILDEN CAR CARE IN GOLDEN COLORADO. I HAVE DOCUMENTS OF THE WORK I HAD DONE AND NEED TO SEND IT TO THE MOTHER COMPANY. THANK-YOU
    ELROD MILLER
    [email protected]

Tilden Car CareFraud and scam

I bought a new car in 2005. When I brought it in for its first oil change, Marc, the owner or manager (I'm not sure which) offered me a lifetime oil change card for $150. This entitled me to free oil changes for the life of the vehicle, as long as I own it. - Except for a $3. disposal fee each time. I paid the $150. It's worked out well until now...

I brought my car in a few days ago and he informed me he's stopping the deal. Since my car now has 36, 000 miles on it, it is no where near the end of it's life. But that doesn't matter to him... Now I'm a reasonable person. If someone feels they made a bad deal, I'm open to renegotiating. But he made it clear there was no renegotiating. He wasn't going to throw any special bone my way for ending the deal. He just decided he's through with it because it's not working for him...

So here's the bottom line. I've honestly always gotten good service from this business. But when it comes right down to it, Marc's word means nothing. Because if he makes a deal with you, gets your money and then he decides the deal isn't good for him, he'll just screw you.

• St
    Steve M May 14, 2009

I am the original poster of this report on another site. Someone seems to have lifted the original post and placed it on this site. But they did not lift and post the update that I put up a few hours later.

I AM VERY PLEASED WITH HOW THIS COMPANY HANDLED THE PROBLEM. HERE IS MY UPDATE.

I'm regretting putting this report up now. I emailed the company and waited for a few days but never got a response. So I created this report. However, even before the report made it up on this site, (there is a delay of a few hours) Tilden called as a result of my emails to them and wanted to solve the problem. They were friendly and reasonable. And I want to say that I recommend them. Even in my report I say

'I've honestly always gotten good service from this business.' And I stand by that. (Sorry Marc!)

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices