Three Rivers Federal Credit Union Complaints & Reviews

Three Rivers Federal Credit UnionIncompetence of Staff

I called them this morning because I never received my new Visa card and my old one is now expired. After a 10 minute hold time I spoke with a woman who apologized that it had not been sent out yet and it would be another 10 – 15 days before I got my card. She told me that it was because they switched the companies that processed the cards and there was a glitch in which not all the cards were automatically sent out prior to expiration. She apologized to me for the inconvenience. She then proceeded to verify my address, which was our old address from a year and a half ago! I told her no and that I had gone into the bank (Maplewood Branch) when we moved to change it and that I knew they had the correct address because we have gotten all of our statements without a problem at the new address. She then looked and said that the bank only changed the address on my husband’s name and not mine so the statements came here and so did his card, but mine WAS sent out – to the old address. She then suggested I go over there to see if they received my card!!! Are you kidding me?!?!? Which is it, was the card sent out or not? Also, how could they change the address on one name of a joint account but not the other? Does that even make sense?

She then gave me the new number to report the card “LOST OR STOLEN”, which I did. I pushed #2 for reporting lost and stolen cards. The obviously foreign woman who came on the line then proceeded to try and activate the lost card for me – how incredibly inept of her. I had to tell her that it is LOST because of the bank’s incompetence. I told her it was sent to the wrong address and I never received it. She then asked me if it was signed! I told her “not to my knowledge, but since I NEVER RECEIVED THE CARD - I could not say for sure, but it still needed cancelled immediately. I can only hope that it was actually done.

Will I ever receive my new card? Only time will tell.

Three Rivers Federal Credit UnionAccounts Not Balancing

I am wondering if any one else has noticed that your accounts with Three Rivers Federal Credit Union rarely balance?? I keep VERY close watch on my money, never the less, often enough when I balance my account - that I manage on my home computer and compare with Three Rivers, they almost always show me having less money than MY records show. Over the last two years, I have lost over $300.00 to this TRFCU disappearing act. Sometimes, I will balance my accounts, see that my records don't match TRFCU, adjust my account, so it matches, make no purchases over the next week, check it again, and find it is off again by sometimes as little as $3.00 or $4.00, or as much as $33.00. No matter how hard I look, I can not find where this money went. I have no record of it, nor does TRFCU. It is just gone. The people I speak to at TRFCU are often rude about this, speaking to me as if I am some sort of idiot, and just not monitoring my money close enough, when I am an ex-police officer of nearly 13 years. Detail was my JOB! Never-the-less, they have no answer for this except that it MUST be on my end, as they "use computers to manage the accounts, and the computers can't make mistakes." I try to explain to them that I too use a computer to manage my accounts - thus, it can't make a mistake either. It seems that no matter how far back I go on my computer, I can NOT find the missing money. I have come to the conclusion, and it is my opinion that somehow or another, the money is being taken out, a date is being entered that is perhaps years ago, so it is impossible to track. Whenever I write a check, or make a withdraw, I take the amount out of my Quicken account at home, usually the same day, I take out ALL bank fees, Foreign Transaction Fees, and any bounced check fees that might occur ASAP! Yet I still find that my account is off from TRFCU's records. It's never that they show MORE money, it is ALWAYS less.

Please, If ANYONE else is seeing this, even if it's just occasionally, or what you might think to be an inconsequential amount (even small amounts can add up to BIG money over time, or if there are enough members who this is happening to). I would like to know, no matter how insignificant the amount or frequency. If this is something that is bigger than just me, I think it needs to be looked into much closer. Please, send any information to: MrTransAm AT [email protected]

• Me
    me Apr 01, 2009

I love TRFCU

• He
    Heather Doden Mar 02, 2011

Unfortunately I must disagree with you. I have banked with Three Rivers for almost a decade along with all of my family and most of my community. Not saying that you cant add or subtract but its often the simple switch of a number on the key pad or written in a ledger. I have also never received nothing but great service from the employees whether it be via phone or in person. If it persists and nothing is being done I suggest you try another institution. If there is still money missing I believe we know where the problem lies.

• Ev
    Evangeline Remorin Kinney Mar 25, 2015

Bad customer srevice, .thinking about cancelling my account.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices