The Removal Group Complaints & Reviews

The Removal GroupI advise you not to use this company

In November 2010 we made an agreement with The Removal Group to pack our belongings on 3 Jan 2011 and uplift them 4 Jan 2011. We paid in full for their service prior to 3 Jan. The Removal Group did not turn up until 5 Jan despite desperate phone calls, they never returned a call and when we eventually got through we were spoken to rudely and treated as an inconvenience. When they did arrive they had no packing materials and we did not have materials to pack our belongings. When they eventually left with our belongings we received a call the next day saying if we wanted our belongings back we had to pay another £2100 as they had 'mis-quoted' us.
we then did not see our goods for another 28 days and we believe the only reason this eventually happened was because we threatened legal action. the non-communication continued and it was only because we were told the name of the company who would be uplifting our belongings and we contacted them directly.
When our belongings arrived there was a lot of damage to our goods. we are still waiting to hear back regarding the insurance we took out with them.
PLEASE do NOT use this company. in my opinion they are a bunch of con men.

2 Responses
    • Af
      AFrance Mar 27, 2011

Our experience is very similar. We contracted them to move our goods from Switzerland to France. On pickup day their movers refused to even cover our brand new furniture with blankets or any covers. At the delivery in France, two weeks later, our furniture was damaged and parts of another piece furniture were missing. " Customer service" if it can be called that has been extremely unresponsive and rude.

We are quite shocked that this company is allowed to operate. If you or others would like to undertake joint legal action then we would be willing.

• Mi
      Mike 1793 Mar 25, 2011

We also used this company and strongly advise anyone considering moving to avoid them like the plague.
      In August 2009 we moved from the UK to Canada. We paid the Removal Group to move all our belongings and paid extra for their premium wrapping service. Despite this, they transported all our goods with no protection at all. Consequently, every single piece of furniture was damaged.
      Our prized possessions were ruined and as for the extra insurance we took out with them...a joke!
      Since the items arrived here in Canada, we have been dealing with our insurance claim. Only recently, after 18 months of continued upset, we have received a pitiful offer of compensation. The insurance representative claimed to be an independent body, but on reading the compensation offer, it suggests otherwise, and should we have agreed to accept this offer, we would waive any right to seek further legal action against the Removal Group.
      Needless to say we did not accept the offer and are now getting in touch with our legal representative in the UK to start proceedings against the Removal Group! ...STAY AWAY ...!!

The Removal GroupService

AN UTTER JOKE!! STAY AWAY- STAY AWAY!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY-THYE WILL CAUSE YOU NOTHING BUT GRIEF AND STRESS!
    NOT ONCE AFTER OUR ITEMS WERE PICKED UP HAVE THEY GOTTEN IN TOUCH WITH US.MY SO-CALLED MOVE COORDINATOR REBECCA MASSEY IS A WASTE OF SPACE, ALONG WITH THE OTHER FOOL OF MAN I HAD TO DEAL WITH THERE, MATTHEW LISCOTT. UNPROFFESIONAL DOWN TO THE CORE, PRIOR TO PICK UP THEY WOULD CALL AND REPEAT INFORMATION ALREADY GIVEN, AND NOT BE AWARE THAT WE HAD ALREADY SPOKEN TWO HOURS PREVIOUSLY ABOUT THE SAME THING.
    THEY ARE AN ONLINE BROKER FIRM AND DO NOT MOVE ANY ITMES THEMSELVES- THIS IS A GOOD THING AS IF THEY WERE IN CHARGE OF REMOVING ANYTHING IT WOULD MOST LIKELY BE SENT TO THE WRONG SIDE OF THE WORLD. OUR ITEMS WERE MOVED BY BRITTANIA, AND THIS PART ALL WENT WELL, BUT IT SAYS AN AWFUL LOT ABOUT A COMPANY WHEN THE DELIVERY MEN CANT EVEN GET HOLD OF THE COMPANY.
    OUR ITEMS WERE PICKED UP 15/10 IN LONDON- THEY TOLD US THEY WOULD INFORM US WITHIN 7 WORKING DAYS OF WHEN OUR ITEMS WOULD BE DELIVERED. THIS NEVER HAPPENED. BELOW IS AN ACCOUNT OF WHAT HAPPENED: (EXTRACT OF EMAIL SENT OR REMOVAL GROUP-NO REPLY AS OF YET...SURPRISE SURPRISE..)

I received a call from my brother whilst at work who told me that two english men were outside our house asking for my partner David. They had attempted to call you since friday, but surprise surprise you were IMPOSSIBLE to reach. That sounds familiar! They were the removal guys from Brittania, who had no other option than to come to us directly.HOWEVER, they had not been informed by you that there were height restrictions on a nearby railway bridge-which I had told you about. So they were unable to deliver. I had to arrange for a separate car to pick my thing up where the lorry can go no further. Needless to say(however I doubt you actully understand anyway) this has caused me considerable extra work, stress and expenses.

ANYONE PLANNING A MOVE, PLEASE GO WITH A COMPANY APPROVED BY THE REMOVAL OMBUDSMAN!
    sTAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE NOT WORTH THEIR OWN WEIGHT IN ###.

Respond

The Removal GroupCyberlawyer- incredible!

incredible! I posted a complaint about the Removal Group, probably a two years ago. And This is the e-mail I have received today from their "lawyer"... Listen "Removal Group", if your company was putting its money into working on its customer service instead of a "cyber lawyer" in the first place, you might be in a better place right now. this is truly appalling. I was actually asked TWICE to join a lawsuit against this company over the past year and did not think it was really worth the trouble (some other people apparently had much worse experiences that we did). Having received such an offending threat from this company, I certainly will now help anyone who has had trouble with them!
      See below.. I am actually thinking of sending this to BBC's "Watchdog"...

E-Mail from "DJR" (View User Profile) to "jeffou" ([protected]@gmail.com)
      Mon, 27 Sep 2010 09:34:58 -0500
      Dear "jeffou",

/text of the email has been removed/

The Removal GroupTerrible service

Bad service, totally unprofessional and committing daylight robbery. How this company is still allowed to operate in the UK i have no idea, its amazing. Do not go with them, you will deeply regret it, go to other sites to read the reviews - ciao is a good one - although be careful to sort through all their fake review which they post themselves, easy to spot since they are the only positive reviews on there.

The Removal GroupMoving

THEY ARE AWFUL! The Removal Group picked up our furniture in Italy after giving us a written quote and reconfirming the amount on the day of the move, then wanted 50% more it after they took the goods, even though on the day of the move, told us everything was fine.

When the goods did arrive in the US 3 months later items were broken. We purchased damage insurance before the move from them and now they won't call us back. This company is the biggest nightmare in the world. I would be happy to tell anyone how bad it was. I am in the US at [protected], ask for Andrew.

I have attached some photos of broken marble tops, table legs, glass shelves and antique mirror frames. BEWARE!

The Removal Group — Poor service

I do not recommend this company, they over charged me by £400.oo on the day of collection. They quality of...