The Old Time Theater Complaints & Reviews

The Old Time TheaterMovie scam

I ordered some Sherlock Holmes movies for my dad's birthday back in the 1st week of July from ' The Old time theater" for 29.95 the shipping was free. I thought i got a real bargain, they billed my credit card but i never got the movies so i went back to the website and found you couldn't call them. So i e-mailed them several times with no response, needless to say i know now i got ripped off from them. Don't buy movies from 'THE OLD TIME THEATER' and get ripped off like i did.

• Ra
    ray russ Sep 21, 2008

ordered DVD's, sent me e-mail saying order on the way in two weeks, took payment and nothing.
    that was three months ago.
    called no. inqiring about order, voice box is full
    sent e-mail asking what happened, no reply
    I am very disappointed that this should happen and that I trusted them.
    I hope that this so called company will have to pay back everything.
    because of this episode I will not trust internet ordering again.

• Ti
    Tired_of_this_CRAP Dec 18, 2009

You are right.. I just got scammed by these A-Holes. I don't understand how companies who investigate FRAUD don't track down an arrest these ###. THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE... THERE ARE BANK ACCOUNTS IN SOMEONES NAME/SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. In fact, when they find these ### they should be KILLED on the spot. It's time we ELIMINATE people like this. The world will be a better place.

The Old Time TheaterOnline Purchase of DVDs

My husband and I purchased DVDs from The Old Time Theater online on January 1, 2009 and have yet to receive our orders. We left a voicemail with customer service only after finding this website. We have come to the conclusion after reading all of the existing complaints that we will neither receive a call back or our merchandise. Of course, the money has already been taken out of my husband's checking account and my credit card has been billed. This is an atrocity that this website is still active and taking orders. We, along with a few others, wish that we had seen this website before purchasing from The Old Time Theater. This company (which we had no reason until now to check) has no actual address listed on their website. I believe that any reputable company would list their full address. We plan on reporting our individual complaints to the BBB.

• Ke
    kelly petrosino Jun 03, 2016

Orderd some DVD"s for a friend, waited for the email confirmation, did not receive untill after I called and left concerned message, as to the order had gone through, or shipped, or any thing, did get email but no confirmation or tracking info, left another message, again no response, after 14 days I called my credit card company, and placed a complaint, after an investigation, it was ruled in my favor, and my account was credited the amount, very grateful for that, please be aware of this so called company!!! total scammers!!!I can't understand how they get away with it, hopefully they will get caught, and get what they deserve.

• Wh
    whitetiger Jun 03, 2016

Ordered box set of Little Rascals on sale for $49.99 on Dec. 28, 2008 and paid by paypal which comfirmed payment. Got E-Mail will ship in two weeks with an order comfirmation number and support on line for any questions. It's been four weeks with no additional E-Mails about my order of delays, so I tried online support which came up with no support, no nothing! Time to report to every Fraud Agency!

• Wh
    whitetiger Jun 03, 2016

Whitetiger reporting! After 48 days I recieved my Little Rascals DVD Set and got two E-Mails from Old Time Theater on Feb. 3, 2009 that a package has been send via United States Post Office with comformation trace number. Old Time Theater has to improve their communication skills with customers and better on their shipping dates!

• St
    Stacy Dickerson Jun 03, 2016

I ordered a Sherlock Holmes DVD for my mother for Christmas, here it is Christmas morning and I have nothing to give her. The money has been taken from my account for the DVD AND express delivery by Christmas Eve. I will never order online again. If all of these complaints are already online, why is this site still open. Does anyone read these?

• Pa
    pazzophoto Jun 03, 2016

Sent $50 for Superman DVD's 8 months ago and have received nothing.

The Old Time TheaterPIRACY- BEWARE

There is no visual evidence that they have original stock footage and no restoration has been done to your product since the logo TCM for Turner Classic Movies came on the screen during the first DVD I viewed along with a lot of VHS drop outs. It is obvious to a lay person that they merely videotaped these movies from a medium that broadcasts Turner Classic Movies and transferred it to DVD. ALL PHONE NUMBERS ARE THE SAME AND THEY WON'T HELP - CROOKS - DON'T GET SCAMMED!!!

• Ea
    Earl Mar 04, 2009

I ordered the Amos n Andy DVD set that was to include 4 CD's of the radio program, Iv'e called and e-mail these people several times about the missing CD's, and have yet to here one single response from them.I recommend to every one to avoid this site.Maybe the Feds should investigate this site, it's easy to see they are only copying these shows.What about violating copyright laws?!.

• Ea
    Earl Mar 04, 2009

To others that have been ripped of by The Old Time Theater gang, go to the Rhode Island website of their Attorney General, print and fill out a complaint form and mail it to them.I recommend doing this with any state where you have a problem with a company

• Fr
    Francine Apr 22, 2009

I also had problems with them...They took WAY longer to ship than they were supposed to and then they were "pirated" copies. I did not keep them...but now I am having trouble getting my money back from my Visa card! So screwed up and unfair!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices