The National Foreclosure Consultant Group Complaints & Reviews

The National Foreclosure Consultant Groupunauthorized extraction from my personal checking account

To be concise, I have been defrauded by these people.
My mistake was to give them my routing number to William McConaghy, representing
THE NATIONAL FORECLOSURE CONSULTANT GROUP.
Who, until they got my money, first payment of $700, was calling me on a daily basis, more or less. Smooth talker, Will.
Who promised me as he was asking for my checking numbers, that they would not, even said that they could not, go into my account without a "digital endorsement", which is a fictitious term, "digital signature".
!Surprize!,
... one Monday, I find money gone, $700, from my checking account.
I was notified of this in the form of an eMail, somebody called GREEN, an eMail that specifically says that if you write back they won't get it. This term, Green, was new. Almost missed it there in my IN box.
At first, right away, I kindly wrote William to ask that they acknowledge that we already agreed to have no contract, that the money was taken by the result of some clerical error, please, please confirm., etc...
No reply.
I wrote, called, again and again. Kept it all very nice.
TWO WEEKS later, I finally hear from good William, eMail, says, "Sorry, I was on vacation. Thousands of debits on tape, can't always stop them in time, call me about your refund."

I was so happy, honestly, I could have cried.

Well, dear Will does not answer any of the three numbers I have for him.
My messages kept getting more firm, then stern, then finally legally threatening, saying that to avoid my harrassment all he had to do was call me, or write me...
Well, they still, ...haven't called.
Yes, they still have my money.
Go ahead, call the main office. You. You will get a recording, not a live person, and a promise to be called back.
Go to their Web page, and click contracts. Says: "Under construction" at the top of a blank page, their eMail address has a line straight thru the middle of it; I don't doubt it is void.
That call-back only materializes if they reach the conclusion that you might be good for cash.
For me, they have fallen off the edge of the earth.
Please, deal with somebody locally, in your own neighborhood. Somebody you can see, shake hands with. But, don't be giving them the routing numbers to your checking account. Yes, they will ask. Doing so makes a contract, whether they say so or not, and the Bank will be helpless to get that money back in, to you. You've been warned, and I can rest knowing that, finally, I have done something right about dealing with these people.
As for anyone wanting to confront me about the facts, just know, that except the promise from William McConaghy that the money wouldn't be taken without a signature (that was verbal) I have the eMails to back up everything I've said here. Harrass me, and I will have legal means to be compensated for it.
Thanks to all who make it possible for this message to get out.
Again, I've been robbed. Today is Feb. 11th. If they ever do give my money back, I promise to find my way back here and say so. Until then, I equate The NFC Group with the term Internet Criminals, may the Lord take me now if anything I've said leads to any deviation from the truth.
Mark A.

Mark A. Newell

Distressed homeowner 11 Feb 12, 2010

Me again, Mark A. Newell, with this update. Move to the edge of your seats, I just sent another eMail, dear Will, giving him the address of this page that features my letter. (I'm so pleased about that, by the way. I do like that letter.) Let's just see what he has to say. For the first time in a long time, I'm almost comfortable, actually, not hearing anything, you know, the usual m/o for the NFC Group.
    (I actually have a picture I was going to put in here, but the page freaked out just now when I tried it.) Your Friend, Me.

Distressed homeowner Mar 18, 2010

Someone posted the BBB rating here, somewhere, for the NFC Group, I saw, as being "D-F".
    A disgruntled employee, as I recall...
    I was just there, at the actual BBB site. Saw for myself. The rating is listed, also lists Efthemios Velahos, Esq. as "sole shareholder".
    Interesting, I was on the phone with him the other day. (Yes, he called me. Didn't like one of my postings.) He talked to me as if the guys over at NFC use his name inappropriately, when they say he is the principal representative. He IS the principal representative. He also said, right at the beginning of the conversation, "It's not my company."... I wasn't even accusing him of that, at the moment... although, I see, the BBB seems to think otherwise.
    So, take that, for what it is worth, it is from the horses' mouth. What does that tell you?
    The current rating? (March, 2010)You must have guessed,
    just plain "F".
    That's just KEEN, wouldn't you say? Excuse me, I've got some words to eat...
    Here goes... GET (gulp) THE (glug) JOB (gag) DONE (choke).
    Yes, I wrote those words, about Efthemios Velahos while my $700 was being held hostage. Posted them here, under his name, see it. Guess that makes ME a ...
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - FRAUD.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    My stolen $700, by the way, is still in the hands of Mr. Velahos. -Mark

Distressed homeowner Mar 30, 2010

I promised to come back here and let you know if I ever got my money back.
    I did.
    Well, actually, I got a check for $500 and a promise for the other two...
    which I believe is true. And it is thanks to Mr. Velahos attending to it personally.
    The BBB of New Jersey did get involved. A Federal internet watchdog agency was notified, too.
    The whole ordeal reminds me of that time when I was a kid... I had to pull a fish hook out of the mouth of a trout I had pulled out of the lake. Never did like fishing really. I'd rather just leave the fish alone.

John A. Ring May 12, 2010

I was taken by them also.They told me that they told me that they could save my home and didn't come through.I have called them, I have emailed them and no one will return my emails or phone calls.

John Ring

• Le
    Lena Diana Mar 25, 2011

I have been scammed by all of these people - i would like to speak with anyone that was scammed by velhalos, new hope, mammoccio, fisher etc. My house is in a straw buyers name (Lind) and a sheriff's sale notice was posted on my door...they have been under investigation by federal authorites, i just want to touch base with anyone that had any contact with these idiots and to see what happened with them...here is my email [email protected]

The National Foreclosure Consultant GroupMortgage Modification Ripp Off

The misleading company salesperson said I would have over a 90% chance of a mortgage modification, amongst other claims I wanted to hear. I verbally gave the high pressure salesman my checking account for payment but I was to send a signed authorization form which I never did so the charge they took was unauthorized. All along I wanted to go with a local company and I found one and then I read tons of complaints on the Complaints Board, The Ripp Off Report, The BBB, etc., etc., etc. (many more) and so I sent a reply E-Mail to cancell and destroy my account # Inf. - they still charged my account without authorization.When I called they said they never got my E-Mail to cancell and they would call me back - they never called me. Called again and they said the boss would call me - he has not called me. I called the New Jersey Attorney General (got his name) and he said there were complaints about this NFCG company. WHY ARE THEY STILL DOING BUSINESS ATTORNEY GENERAL?

• Lo
    lookinthemirror Nov 13, 2009

The NJ Attorney General is a woman. Get your story straight deadbeat.

• Ke
    kedub Dec 10, 2009

I was also told that I would receive a loan modification, but now I have a sale date on my home for DEc. 22, 2209 and they just have been avoiding me. Now is telling me that bankruptcy is probably the only way to stop the foreclosure after they have received our 2000.00

• National Foreclosure Consultant Group / TNFCG / HOPE 4 Solutions / Velahos Law Firm is doing business under multiple organizational names. Purpose is to help struggling homeowners save their home from foreclosure, but they don’t, and you end up screwed. If you have been taken by these people please file complaints with the BBB, Attorney General(NJ), Ethics Committee (NJ), add the Bar Association (NJ).

Office of Operations:

www.hope4solutions.com
    www.tnfcg.com
    No longer active www.velahoslaw.com

Better Business Bureau Rating (D-F)Rating:
    www.bbb.org/new-jersey/business-reviews/foreclosure-rescue/national-foreclosure-consultant-group
    www.bbb.org/new-jersey/business-reviews/loan-modification/velahos-law-firm

Multiple Complaints:
    www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/velahos-law-firm-and-the-national-foreclosure-group-c237578.html?sort=rated
    /URL removed/
    www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/hope-4-solutions-the-national-foreclosure-consultant-group-a153043.html
    www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/the-national-foreclosure-consultant-group-c270295.html
    www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/hope-4-solutions-the-national-foreclosure-consultant-group-c227307.html
    www.velahoslaw.blogspot.com/
    www.merchantcircle.com/business/The.National.Foreclosure.Consultants.Group.877-467-3022/review/list?utm_medium=newsfeed&utm_source=profile
    www.loanworkout.org/2009/08/national-foreclosure-consultant-services/
    www.complaintsboard.com/byurl/tnfcg.com.html
    www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/home-foreclosures-c193984.html

MALouder Feb 05, 2010

Four months and $2500 later, I not only do NOT have my mortgage modified but TNFCG has closed my account and refuses to answer phone calls or respond to my emails. Now I am working directly with the lender and, hopefully, will be able to get my mortgage modified - something TNFCG was unable to do. I'd like my $2500 back. I could use it!

Distressed homeowner Feb 13, 2010

By now you should know. NFC group is a fraud.
    If you have given them the routing numbers to your checking account,
    you have probably been robbed by now; good luck.
    Please contact...
    BBB
    Attorney General (NJ)
    Ethics Committee (NJ)
    and, add in the Bar Association.
    These people do want to hear from you.
    Thank-you, again.
    Soon, thanks to your efforts, these people will be shut down. Unfortunately, they will probably re-appear again under new names. That is why it is important to contact ALL of the above, to get these criminals prosecuted.
    And that guy that slanders the poor victimized homeowner for not getting the gender of the Attorney General right?...
    May I suggest that you go into a closet and suck eggs... until you feel better.
    -m.a.n.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices