The Grant University Complaints & Reviews

The Grant UniversityMoney scam

I recently got my first web page hosted with a store front to try and start a small business, so in turn I started searching the internet for grants and found a sight that stated to send $1.98 for shipping a cd that would give me all the info I needed to get government grants to help me in my business venture. Unfortunatly to my dismay they have successfully removed $132.90 above and beyond the original withdrawal of $1.98 which is all that I authorized. I am on SSI disability and I don't receive a large amount of money a month, so any amount of maoney taken from me is a big hardship. Now I am trying to find out if I can get this money back and how. The name of the scammer is TGU The Grant University and it is supposedly located in Draper, Utah 138 East 12300 South Suite C#[protected] and I have called and I don't get a response and no cd either. This site is a rip off big time and I should have realized it just by looking at the address closer. Can anyone out there help me or steer me in the right direction to get my funds returned. It's Christmas and now I can't get my grandkids nothing for Christmas because this place took my money.

The Grant University — Fraudulent Charges

I like the rest or at least most of you ordered a grant CD from The Grant University and also Grant Dollar...

The Grant Universityclose out account which is wrong

I took out the promo ad on grant money, i have been charge almost $700 per month. I have never even used this qwb site to try to get a grant, nor do i plan to use it. I want it shut down, took off, kill it, torture it, waterboard it, and get it off my credit card. I have not been able to even reah you peole to get it jclosed down, i have called and called and i am always told i was calling out of region, and i have never been able to reach you, finally i am tryinbg this, i sent another email and it came back, so what am i supposed to do? If this amount is charged on my account, i will close out the credit card and you won't have one to put charges on. I never knew i would have to pay 70.00 per month which is absoultely ridiculous for i can't pay this and i am ont going to pay iot. I seen on the internet just how much of a fraud this company is. Wh regards Angela Tyson [protected] 1231859

The Grant UniversityRIPPED OFF

WHAT A RIP OFF!!! I sent for their "Free CD" and paid shipping of $1.98...now what shows up on my credit card but a bill for $70. Apparently there was fine print about a monthly payment unless you cancel it.

You can't get through their customer service stonewalling to anyone in charge; they put you on hold for ages; then say, "tough luck...you should have read the fine print."

This is just another example of consumer fraud. My bad. I should never have 'bit' on the website ad.

SHUT THIS COMPANY DOWN.

• Da
    Dale Dec 10, 2008

I ordered from the grant university based on a review of government grant companies on http://www.grants-reviewed.org/1/ and I got ripped off. I canceled my order well within 7 days and still got charged 69.95 from gu and 29.95 from IWB. You can't even trust the organizations that are claiming to protect you.

I too tried to get my money back to no avail.

The Grant UniversityUnauthorized debits to my checking account

I found this company when searching for home improvement grants. The information on their website led me to believe that the only fee involved was $1.98 for postage and handling for their CD. A monthly subscription for their services was not mentioned anywhere. I have since been billed almost $210 for monthly charges, and am working with my bank to recover these funds. Stay away from this company!!!

The Grant UniversityScam company

I want to get my message out to consumers. The Grant University does NOT offer Grants. I ordered their CD for $1.98 thought this would help me find grant information for my daughter who is in her 1st year of college and needs additional financial help. They stated I would receive the CD in 7 to 10 business days. 11 days ago and I still do not have the CD.

I also found out this morning that they charged my bank account $69.95. I have called then twice today have sat on hold for over 2 hours till a representative came on the line. They have told me twice now that a supervisor that I requested to speak with will be calling me within 1 hour, and no one has.

You cannot get anywhere with this company over the phone. Do not know if you could over the internet, however based on what they have done I am scared to email them. afraid they would take out more money from my account.

This company is a SCAM!!!

The Grant UniversityI just got Scammed

I have been scammed. After reading these complaints, I realized that this is the same thing everyone is filing the complaints about. I thought I was getting a CD that would help me to get government grants for financial funding for college. Well, all I got was charged $1.98 shipping, then $69.95 for services I had no idea what they were for, then after calling was told I would get a refund, and cancelled my account. Then, come a month later I get another $69.95 charge and no credits issued back. When I called I agrued for over an hour about this to be told no way, you're not getting your money back and that's it. I have contact my bank and am disputing the amounts, and they are investing and will refund the monies. I will never do this again without first goggling first. Wow, what a crooked world we live in.

The Grant UniversityScam and cheating

I paid the $1.98 and they charged my card I try to cancel it because I never received the disk that was suppose to be sent out. The number I called they never answers the phone and the [protected]@thegrantuniversity was no help at all. This was way back in July, I canceled my card in September because they kept charging me for something I couldn't cancel, after trying numerous time even e-mailing them numerous times.

I then filed the papers to get my money back and was told to cancel my credit card in order to do so it is now October and I just found out they have my new credit card information and is charging the new card after I was already credited the $69.95 from the credit card company and when I try to cancel once again it is so hard so they will keep charging me. I have canceled the card once again but don't think I want to get another one if they could get my information that easy.

The Grant University — Scam charges

I was promised a CD on how to get Federal Grants free for 1.98 shipping and handling. I never got the CD then...

The Grant University — scam

the grant professor is a scam with a fake website fake company .they charge you for unknown stuff...

The Grant University — Fraud

I ordered their 7 day preview of their free grant program. On the fifth day, I was so frustrated that I could...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices