The Bedding Experts Complaints & Reviews

The Bedding ExpertsRude Salesperson

On 12-26-09 I visited this Bedding Experts store with the intent of purchasing a particular Sealy mattress set. When I expressed what I wanted to the only person on duty, he took me to the mattress set, and with great indifference, stated that I must have been shopping and already quoted a price. He demanded to know what the price was. I asked him for his best price on this sale day at The Bedding Experts, and he continued to pressure me to state the price I had received elsewhere. When I stated the price I had been quoted, he rudely walked away and shouted, "Go there and buy it:. I also had interest in another Sealy product and asked the sale price on that one. He gave me the price listed on the mattress and insisted that was the sale price while continuing his rant about going to the other place to buy the mattress at the price I was quoted. His behavior was rude and inappropriate. I left the store while he continued his rant. DO NOT shop at this Chicago Bedding Experts store.

The Bedding ExpertsBAD PRODUCTS/ BAD SERVICE

We originally bought a queen mattress set ($1200), 6 weeks later it was broken down in the middles and on the sides. We contacted the store and they sent someone to inspect it. The inspector immediately noticed the problem and agreed the mattress was defective. We received a new set within a month. Six months later we had the same problem with the mattress...we went through the same process. Keep in mind it takes 4-5 calls before you can actually talk to a manager, then 4-5 calls to get an inspector schedule, so this entire process takes weeks or months. WE ARE ON OUR 4th SET OF DEFECTIVE MATTRESSES IN 4 YEARS!!! Bedding Experts refuse to give our money back and now they are refusing to give us a new set of mattresses. Stearns & Foster will not deal with us, they refer us back to the Bedding Experts. We are very fit, thin people-as if that should even matter. I have heard comments from Bedding Experts Management like, 'What are you doing on them' and 'Mattresses aren't supposed to last 20 years like they used to' We are so frustrated, we don't know what to do. We are out $1200 and have broken down mattresses that we can't even sleep on.

BAD PRODUCTS/ BAD SERVICE

The Bedding Experts
    joes1400dollarmistake Dec 18, 2009

Bedding Experts does not care about customer satisfaction or selling a quailty product. I would beware dealing with this company and take my business to 'Carsens' or any other company that stands behind it's product.

Kevin W Mar 21, 2012

I work at The Bedding Experts and could not agree more. The service previously was terrible and the quality of mattresses was determined by the manufactuer.

NOW, under new management and ownership we produce mattresses with upgraded comfort materials for a longer comfort life. We also have a fully staffed customers service department, have averaged 5 stars in 2011 online, and are now A+ Rated with the BBB.

The Bedding ExpertsSealy Tranquil Sea set problems

Below are the details of the problems we have had with The Bedding Experts.
In October 2008 we went to The Bedding Experts store in Orland Park, IL.
We selected a Sealy Tranquil Sea (queen) set for $1, 483.57.
10/25/08 The Bed was delivered.
11/01/08 We went into the store because a large lump had developed in the bed. We brought pictures of the bed. Bedding Experts agreed to replace the bed.
11/03/08 Replacement Tranquil Sea set delivered.
01/07/09 We went back to the store because the bed developed a large lump again. We brought pictures of the lump. The manager (Tim) told us that Sealy had a problem with these beds and he was told the problem had been fixed by Sealy. Bedding Experts agreed to replace the bed again.
01/12/09 Replacement Tranquil Sea set delivered.
02/16/09 We went back to the store because the bed has lumps again. We brought more pictures to show Tim. I said this was our third bed with the same problem and at this point I ask for my money back. The manager (Tim) informed me the Bedding Experts has a no refund policy and all sales are final. We were not returning the bed because we didn’t like it; we were returning the bed because it was defective. Tim said the reason did not matter and we could not get a refund. He said we could have a credit to buy a different bed. I have been unemployed for six months and explained that we could not afford a different bed. Tim told us that was our only option.
03/22/09 We went back to the store and decided on a Sealy Meadowcrest (queen) set.
Tim insisted we pay an additional $500.00 for this set. I paid this on my credit card so I would have the ability to dispute the charge if we have any problems with this bed.
I my opinion, you should consider the risks of buying from The Bedding Experts before you make a purchase.

The Bedding Experts
    CHICAGO RESIDENT Apr 10, 2009

Their delivery quality is terrible as well. I bought a mattress from the Clybourn and Ashland branch of Bedding Experts and it was delivered today. After the delivery, I realized that my iPhone was missing (and I am 100% certain it was in my house, on the sofa before your delivery people arrived). It is very clear that the delivery guys stole my iPhone - I check that phone every few minutes and had it right next to me before the delivery. Plus there was no one else in the house at the time. After I realized it was missing, I searched all over the house, and also called that number at least 10 times. The first 2 times, it rang and then went to voicemail. Thereafter, it went right to voicemail every time - which would NEVER normally happen unless the phone was physically switched off. I called the delivery company but the person on the phone asked the delivery guys to come back to my house, and basically told me to go file a police report - and when I said I would, he closed with "whatever!" The delivery guys came back and of course denied everything, which I expect thieves to do. I cannot begin to tell you how angry I am about this. SHOP WITH THE BEDDING EXPERTS AT YOUR OWN PERIL!

joes1400dollarmistake Dec 18, 2009

I had a bedding experts delivery guy try and get money (hustle us). They people they hire are extremely shady.

Kevin W Mar 21, 2012

I work at Bedding Experts. I really agree the company previously did not have a good warranty policy, was not good at filtering products that had warranty issues, and the service was poor.

That has completely changed since the ownership and management of the company has changed. We now have the best practices for warrant replacement in the industry and our service rocks! (@joes1400dollarmistake - Additionally, we've hired a lot of veteran drivers).

Check out some of our more recent reviews on yelp.com, google, or yahoo.

Kevin W Mar 21, 2012

Also, if ANYONE has a problem with their mattress please call us in customer service at 866-395-5511. We are here to assist you.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices