Team Double Click Complaints & Reviews

Team Double ClickThey were rude and condescending to me

I have been working on establishing my virtual assistance practice for the past few months and contacted Team Double Click to see if they could be useful to me in further developing my business, securing clients, networking, etc. BUT they were RUDE and condescending to me. Plus they expect you to be available 24-7 and the rate of pay is ridiculously low (they take a cut off the top of course but please be reasonable!)

I realized soon after my interaction with Team Double Click that I am better off marketing myself on my own and working to develop my own clientele.

If that's how you treat your potential VA partners, how do you treat the clients???

Team Double ClickAwful company

Team Double-Click is not really a VA agency... they are a sweatshop. When I was first contracted there, they only paid VAs $10 per hour... WTH??? At the time, I was just happy to find a so-called legitimate work from home opportunity that did not involved stalking schedules and working for quarters (LO and WAHA veterans can feel my pain...). I soon realized that they wanted entirely too much control over my daily activities, they wanted a constrant stream of proofing documents to make sure you weren't cheating, while at the the same time encouraging us to establish trust with our (I'm sorry - THEIR) clients. When I had issues with my PC, or missed a shift with a client due to a personal issue, they basically told me that I was being unprofessional and they were ZERO empathetic. The last straw was when one of my clients expressed that she didn't really WANT to recieve daily updates and weekly reports from me on my activities, since I was only doing the MINIMUM for her every week (which is a paltry two hours - yup, $20 a WEEK... paid by the MINUTE, mind you). When I explained to her that I was requird by my contract to do it, and then suggested that she reach out to her sales rep to let them know that she was waiving the reports, I was told by Gayle Buske herself that I was not "playing nice" and that I was "not a team player". I was also told that if my star client didn't love me so much, that they would have terminated me. So I QUIT!

Thankfully, my STAR CLIENT did love me (but had to pay for me because even though I no longer worked for them, the little disclaimer on their website that you have to acknowledge BEFORE YOU EVEN GET TO APPLY FOR ANYTHING bound me contractually against contacting any former clients for ONE WHOLE YEAR), and bought out my contract. Almost three years later, My Star Client and I have gone on to work very closely together, and he has given me tremendous growth opportunities within his company.

I do have to thank TDC for that!!!

• Ar
    A real Virtual Assistant Jun 28, 2010

Looks like they (TDC) hasn't changed a bit!! I was "let go" almost 2 years ago and yes I was able to collect unemployment because my state felt that they were "employers" and that I was an "employee" not an independent contractor!! They tell you what to do and when to do it - you MUST clock in with them by a certain time each day or you get a reprimand letter.

I am now working for 3 of the clients that I had through them and yes I did wait the 1 year as in their nice little contract which states that after you are terminated you CANNOT have any contact with any of "their" clients or other virtual assistants - sorry Gayle and Jim, but YOU are NOT going to tell me who I can and cannot talk to!! I made many friends with the other VA's you had employed at the time and many after 2 years are still my friends!!

In fact - there aren't too many of the "old gang" still working for you today - we have all gotten wise to your ways! You may sucker in newbies - but those of us who have worked "for" you know what you are really up to!!

Team Double ClickDo not waste your time

This company is horrible. They mislead the amount of pay, test you over and over. After you pass and you wait again promising to them not to ake another job. They change the programs required and tell you try again. You have to be on call for an entire shift but only get paid for the hour or so you work. They pay is horrible and the HR department has no idea what they are doing. You will get different anwers from each person you talk to. It is NOT worth your time and effort at all!

• Pu
    pup2 Aug 26, 2009

I found Team Double-Click to be very professional. They were very up front about how much they paid and how independent workers bill. Everyone I met was very friendly and helpful. They explained that I was applying for a job as one of their contractors and that they only hire approximately 20% of the people who apply for work. I'm still in the process of interviewing with them. It is lengthy but I think that's a good thing. That means they don't accept just anybody.

• Ar
    A real Virtual Assistant Jun 28, 2010

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices