TATA CARS Complaints & Reviews

TATA CARSWorst car ever

Hello, my boyfriend bought me a Tata Indigo in 2007/2008 while I was in hospital after having our son, from day 1 the car had a loud noise and wasn't right, my boyfriend passed away in 2008 of cancer, from then I have had nothing but problems with the car, the electric windows in the front broke, the noise is still there, the passenger door is broken, I had to replace the clutch 3x and the best of all is I was going to visit friends on Christmas day in Pta and the car stopped dead, my kids were crying until someone could come tow us, the whole gearbox broke again, this time I'm told its going to cast R15 000 to R18 000 to fix, where on earth must I get that kind of money to fix it, the car is still in Pta cause I don't have R2000 to get it home . I'm a single mom of 2 young boys, I can't find work and I must walk with my kids everywhere. I'm so disgusted in TATA, its the worst car on the market, I regret every second that I have that car and will tell everyone I know NOT TO BUY a TATA .

• Su
    Sudhanshu Kumar Tiwari Mar 09, 2012

Hi,
    Purchased tata cars. in all the 3 cars i have the issue of injectors (got replaced so many times stil the same problem)

-Sudhanshu

TATA CARSPROBLEMS AFTER BEEN SERVICED

To whom it may concern

I had my car serviced less than 4 months ago, been a single mom, and my only means of transport, the car gives a rattling noise when idling or driving. It is quite scary. I have had many problems with TATA in the past and want it to stop. I urgently need my car to be taken in..to be check out and not to be charged for, in turn I would like a courtesy car which they cannot give me. It is not my fault that the car is now faulty. What exactly did they do when servicing it...I think not enough.
When my car went in for a service a while back...they never stamped my book or washed my car, how do I know that my car was actually serviced??? After complaing about what had happened, Marlon Lombard from Tata told me to wash my car myself, he also mentioned that I am spoilt. Wow!!! Customer service!!! TATA STICKLAND.
My car needs to be seen to, I pay big money for this piece of metal. BUt besides all this, I need this car to be seen to. Please help.

Rgds
Heather Prinsloo
[protected]

• Al
    Allan Sep 27, 2008

Tata has been known as a "noise" car. Even back in my country when the Tata Bus was introduced for public transportation people could not believe noise would come out from every single part of the cabin.

Tata is a very simple vehicle that is build to be service pretty much by any body. If you are not confortable with the Tata dealership just go to somebody else. Dealers "Love You" before and while purchasing your vehicle but, after the sale is done...they do not know you anymore. They are willing to do anything for you during the selling process like: bringing you coffee, driving your new car for you to your home, send someone to take the trade in from you home 100 miles away, etc, etc. But if the next day you come back with your one day new car to complain for mechanical or technical problems they will send you to the service people. If the service people cannot help, they will tell you go and find a claim with the factory...so why waisting time? If is still under warranty call TATA, if you have the car for less than 1 year bring the car to service 5 times and file a claim as Lemon Car if is applicable on your location. Good luck.

• Ra
    Raj Dec 19, 2008

I agree with that rattling sound after first service. I am facing the same problem. It is ridiculous to hear my Tata people that it happens in winters. What a fu*k. There is no other car which makes such sound. Is it the car or the servicemen (which are mostly young boys playing with the car and tools) who dont know wat they dealing with. I wonder wat NANO will make difference where a car worth 4.5 lac makes sound after first service.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices