TalentHunter.com Complaints & Reviews

TalentHunter.comThey've already taken $100 away from me

Please don't use this site. Always research before your paying for something important. I'm 14 and payed with my debit card. They have that information. They've already taken $100 away from me. Who does that to a young inspiring model? And who knows if they'll charge more. I only got the 3 day trial but the made me pay for a full year. Now when I try to go on the site it doesn't exist. I'm very disappointed in people.

TalentHunter.comFraud/Scam

I signed up for the free membership. Well, to discover that I pretty much couldn't do anything unless I upgraded and paid for a membership. At this point I decided to do some research on the company. Finding out they were a scam, I emailed them asking about the references to them a scam and listed with the BBB as an advertising company and not actually talent scouts. They never responded to my inquiry... they simply just cancelled my profile! That right there tells me they are a scam!!! They won't even explain their side, they just simply deleted me! They probably did this to keep me from getting word to other Standard members before they proceeded to giving them money for a Gold Membership.

TalentHunter.combbb rating

Anybody who takes a trip to the bbb website and researches this company will know, this is not a talent agency and that it is listed as an advertising service. this company is a D rated company http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/Talent-Hunter-100042177
and any american should know d's are barely passing, if you have been scammed by this company you should follow the like to complain to the bbb and if you havent been scammed dont risk investing your money into it. Find a good local agent that you can talk to face to face and look for fine print in all the things that they show you, or have a legal professional review it.

TalentHunter.comUnauthorized billing

I Found talenthunter.com via internet and decided to try it out. i was doing the basic membership the one that is free, and i had gotten an email saying that they needed extras and i could make money fast. Well i went to message the person who contacted me and they said i needed to upgrade.

So i did the three day trial for $1.99. well i went to check my bank account a couple days later i was under $30.00 because they did not only take out $1.99 but also an additional amount that was 19.99. so here i am working minimum wage job that pays under ten dollars an hour and i am also being charged an extra thirty dollars for an over draft.

I am furious with their attempt to pawn themselves off as a decent talent website. i called them and they said they do not give refunds. They should put that in bold print if they are going to take out more than what it says. I am short money now and upset. I hope they get what is coming to them.

• Re
    Rebecca Jan 04, 2009

This company is the definition of a scam. They offer you a 3- day free trial and you end up with a $29.99 monthly charge. They say you can cancel your subscription, but even after I did I kept getting billed the $29.99 for months afterwards. Even though, supposedly they sent me notices confirming my cancellation. They claim on their website that you can call 24 hours 7 days a week, but conveniently for them, every time I tried to call and dispute my charge they 'weren't available' and they have an automated message that also says 'please don't leave a voice mail just send us an e-mail.' But of course, when you send them an e-mail you never hear back from them. Conveniently, in their terms of use if you dispute a charge you are fined $100.00 plus legal fees. Stay away from this company. The services they offer aren't even up-to-date. Some of the 'audition notices' that I was sent were out-dated by two years even. They are just taking advantage of naive people who want to 'break-in' to show business. It is outrageous what they are doing. STAY AWAY from talenthunter, they are only scouting for trusting people to take advantage of, not real talent.

MadinUtah Mar 05, 2009

I signed up with Talent Hunter.com BEFORE I did my research. I paid $149.99 so I could sign my daugther up for 6 months. I thought I was getting a good deal becuase I recieved an email from an "agent" saying that they would be interested in my daughter for a commerical that was being shot in my area (my daughter's pic wasnt even posted at the time, should had be alert number 1). I complained to Paypal and my bank that this company was a fraud.

Too make a long story short, these people WILL NOT respond to any of your requests about cancellations and refunds because they dont have too! My bank will not dispute Paypal, told me that they were untouchable. I disputed with Paypal and my claim was denied. I complained with the Better Business Buearu, still pending but Im sure that my money is gone.

People do your research please. I feel so stupid becuase I cant even get my daughters pics to even load up on their website. SO I got screwed with no protection at all! MAN!!!

• St
    StarofSuburbia Sep 10, 2009

I just broke off with TH, once I read the BBB rating. I also was called by the fake agency GO See G.I.F.T.S. and ask for a decision in 48 hours. Luckily my family isn't as ignorant as me and checked the BBB and they weren't registered. So, I googled to be sure and sure enough Go See G.I.F.T.S is a sham.
    Though when I tried to post a comment on Talenthunter, like 'Go See GIFTS= Fraud' or saying it was a scam, my comments would not show up and I couldn't post ('shout') for another hour. TH has a filter on their words I believe to avoid their own exposure.
    As for the money thing, you can keep the Standard account but eventually they will stop letting you read your messages. Luckily, to get to gold I used an American Exp. gift card that only had 8$ left on it.

• Ta
    talenthunter.comowner Jan 26, 2010

no duh your all ###ing idiots they have to pay directors to get them to put them selves on the site and that would be profit loss not to menchon paying for the site its self
    so i repeat myself your all ###ING STUPID
    i own the site so stop baging on it okay

ChristinaCA Aug 08, 2010

I would really hope that if you were any type of affiliate with Talenthunter.com-you would at the very least have someone write your emails for you. That in itself speaks volumes for me. Try taking a few basic English classes and learn to curb your desire to use vulgarity.
    Respect may come your way after doing so. Good luck.

TalentHunter.comOnline fraud

Talenthunter.com is not all they are cut out to be. Yah maybe talenthunter.com is the fastest growing site for talent but some of their claims seem out there. I signed up at talenthunter.com and actually got many leads for movie extra and acting roles, but they charge a fee and I don't like that! Maybe talenthunter.com should be free, but it was how would talenthunter make its money, I guess Talent hunter has to charge a fee, maybe they aren't a scam, probably not just wanted to voice my opinion about talenthunter.com. I saw that talenthunter.com has a lot of positive reviews so maybe all the hype is wrong, actually it probably is!

christine Apr 15, 2009

It might be a scam like any other scaming co. out there, BUT it might not be... Basically, I signed up but DID NOT pay a dam penny for nothing. I refuse to pay a monthly fee just to be able to respond to an email. If you really want to try out for being an extra or what not then actually go to a place where you can see REAL people and get actual names, notnames that sound like 'John Smith' at talent hunter LOL i mean come on now! Anyway, like i said, final note is- if you want to do something like talent hunter might provide..start looking places up and bring someone with you to pesonally check them out, and ALWAYS get the full name of anyone your introduces to. ... =]

Christine

• Ro
    robgold Oct 13, 2009

Oh, that's very nice! "Parker" is actually the owner of Talent Hunter and is posing as a customer! How pathetic is that? The very fact that the owner of the company feels he has to pose as a customer and write BS like this should tip us off that Talent Hunter.com is, in fact, a big scam!
    [redacted] shows the proof that "Parker" is not an actual customer, but is, in fact, the owner of the company. And, of course, the owner of the company, Talent Hunter.com, never did reply to that. He/she is probably way too ashamed of what he/she had done and knows they were outright busted in their little lie.

• Ro
    robgold Oct 13, 2009

Sorry! My Apologies! This is my first time here. I did not mean to post that twice. It was an accident.

TalentHunter.comUnauthorized charges

Recently I signed my daughter up for talenthunter.com. I wanted to see what the 'Gold' membership was all about, so I took their 3 day trial offer for $1.99. On the third day I decided it wasn't worth $39.99 a month. I followed their cancellation procedure, and when I went to submit my cancellation form, their 'submit' buttons happened to just not work. So I sent them an email explaining that there was a problem with their link and that I did not want the gold membership. They never responded but of course made sure that they billed my $39.99 the very next morning! When I went to their website to get the phone number to call them, imagine that there wasn't one! I wish I would have thought to check that before hand. I am extremely mad and don't want anyone to have this happen to them!

• Va
    Vanessa Dec 11, 2008

I kept on getting teaser emails from talent hunter.com saying I was wanted for extra parts and so on and so forth. So I decided I would take a very small risk and invest 1.99 for a week just to see what the service was like. I later did find out that it does say in small print I will be charged 19.99. However, I did not see that and thought I would be given the freedom to cancel. So I was very surprised when I received a 19.99 charge on my credit card. I was very displeased, but I thought by at least having that charge, I would be able to use their services. They said my card was declined, yet they DID charge my card. I emailed them at their support line and then at their cancellation line to which they replied we are sorry to see you go and we want to offer you a six month membership free. they give you a email to email them back for that and that comes back to me. Its non existent so I go back and re-email them and then it asks me to look at their terms of use which say in little black letters that they never issue refunds regardless of situation. SO I am basically screwed out of the money and still am unable to use their service.

MadinUtah Mar 05, 2009

• Lu
    l_ua Mar 06, 2009

that's [email protected] SRY 2 hear that Vanessa,
    here's my story

HAHAHA...i guess lot's of people who are seeking for a job would be looking for such an easy job like this.

Well, here's my story, i was in a Dunkin Donuts w/ my friend yesterday were reading newspapers looking through out all different commercials and classifieds, and i found quite few jobs there. One of them ( i assumed was a scam ) filming/casting etc. and i would ignore it, but my friend said that one of his co-workers played as an movie extras in I AM LEGEND (with WIll SMith), all she had to do is just jump and she got paid around 100$. Well, with no other thought (should have asked him more about it) i called EntertainmentWork.com for a job (funny but in the ad # had an extension ). Some guy named Peter picked up a phone and i asked him to transfer my call to that extension, first thing he said "are you calling about the ad?" i said "yes", then he asked me if i'm new, said yes. Anyway, he got my information and ... my debit card # and said that charge from the card will be taken the next day, + producer will contact me the very next day and all jobs will be around the place i live, which is non sense because its a lil unrealistic to shot anything in this area.

Well, happy minded that i will get a job now and get paid from $100 to $300 i went home, told some of my other friends and tried to Login on the web site he gave me. Guess what, it didn't work (let me try again though) ---- Invalid Signin. Please try again.-----

...rip off again, so i called my bank, cancelled my card b4 it was to late, and instead of paying $18 (or maybe even more) to those scamers i rather replace my card for $7.5.

Then i did a little research on the web and found out that EntertainmentWork is a scam and fraud as well as many other web sites. You maybe know already many web sites such as "making easy money on the web for just few hours a day", so i think its about the same way the do it here.

So people my ADVISE: go look for real job and before you sign up for any web site with promissing aBIG FUTURE to you, please do the research on the google or yahoo, there're lots of forums and articles written by other users who are been riped off.

D O N O T GIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD OR ANY DETAILED INFORMATION ON THE WEB/PHONE BEFORE YOU DO THE RESEARCH!!!

READ SEARCH SPEND SOME TIME BEFORE YOU REGRET WHAT YOU HAVE DONE

TNX, hope this info was useful!!!

P.S. i'm gonna ask my friend to find out how that girl got the role in that movie, oh btw here i found another addition to this web site http://talenthunter.wordpress.com./ seems like lots of positive replies :D hahaha

• Co
    cousin b Nov 20, 2009

Luckily I cancelled the subscription after 4 days, so they only got $39.

It is absolutely a scam in every way. The auditions and agents are fake, and they leave no contacts for complaints.

TalentHunter.comSCAM & they are Protected!

• Js
    Jsneed Jan 25, 2010

Heres there phone number for Talenthunter.com Pass it around>>>>>>>>Jacob 818-430-8277

TalentHunter.com — rip off

I had recieved a letter by Talent Hunter claiming that Hannah Montana casting had viewed my daughters profile...

TalentHunter.com — Fraud & scam

I received a couple of messages from talent hunter that a casting director wanted me to audition. However...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices