Talent6 Complaints & Reviews

Talent6you can't get a refund before the 90 days is up if you don't like the service

I just tried to cancel my membership to Talent 6 and was informed that it was their policy to ONLY give refunds AFTER the 90 guaranteed period of being contacted. It was never explained that you couldn't cancel for a full refund before 90 days, regardless of being contacted. They're very slick and tricky in the way they word it to you. Like okay they guarantee you'll be contacted by a potential opportunity within 90 days, but they don't tell you you can't get a refund before the 90 days is up if you don't like the service.

Talent6unauthorized charges

I was scammed by this service! They charged me $45.00 for membership registration, and then agian they charged me $2.00 for a CD and $35.00 for monthly membership without my authorization !?? They never told/sent me any information regarding monthly fees by mail, email or phone!

When I talked to them about this unexpected charges, they never accept to refund my money back. I canceled both membership and credit card! Be careful, they are tricky. Never ever, give your credit card information to such company!!

• Do
    Doppel Dec 16, 2009

I haven't had much time to take the opportunity to set up my account with talent6 as I thought I would be when I sign up for it. I paid my membership fee of 45.00. I wasn't aware or I just missed the fact that they charge a service for of 19.98 each month. being as which I don't use the service due to my job and children I decided to cancel my membership. I was told that I would have to wait 90days before I could receive a refund. when I asked about the 19.98 service charge would that be refunded also and the guy I spoke with said yes. the time came for me to call back for my refund I spoke with melody and she was the rudest person I ever talked with. now I am a customer service rep and theres no way melody should have talked to me the way she did. and as far as my refund she didn't verify any info to make sure it was correct. I called back to speak with the manager moe which was just as rude as she was so I guess she was trained to be rude. he took his employee side 100% and never acknowledge my frustration. and to be honest I don't know if their going to give me my money back. but fair is fair and policies are policies I am determine to get my money back so if your interested to and action or modeling agency don't try talent6. u

Talent6do not pay them any money

I placed an ad on Craigslist for a vocalist to sing 2 songs at my Eastern Star installation. Later I received an email from Talent6 informing me that they had placed my Craigslist ad on their site and so I was now a member of Talent6. They even assigned me a user name and password. If I want my ad off their site, I have to log in with the password. Do not pay these people any money, they are just grabbing ads off the internet where you can find them for free!

Talent6tricked

I was scammed by this service!
They charged me $45.00 for membership registration, and then agian

• Dara James Aug 14, 2009

I am a long time member of Talent6 and have had great success with Talent6. All Talent6 calls are recorded and monitored, so there is nothing they can do with you credit card information that is not authorized by you.

In any event, everyone knows all you have to do is file an unauthorized transaction claim and you will get your money back.

You don't seem to understand online transactions and something as cutting edge as Talent6 and casting Calls probably overwhelms you.

I noticed you did not c0mment on the length of you membership or the quality of the service?

Talent6 has over 1.3 million members using online payments. I dount they are charging cards without your permission.

I highly suspect that this is a "Competitor" slam preying on the fear of using a credit card on the internet.

Talent6stay away

I called talent6 customer service ph# this morning (july 9th) and asked that my registration from the night before be cancelled with the $45 credit card charge refunded. I barely finished my opening statement when the talent6 rep responded in condescending tone, "why would you want to cancel..." he ranted on berasively about how i'd made "an explicit written agreement" to purchase their services by providing my card info, including the 3-digit security# on back. Each time I attempted to reply to his harangue, he loudly talked over me.

In truculent demeanor, the rep insisted refund are ineligible unless registrants don’t receive a casting call from a talent6 affiliate during the first 90-days. I explained that the I was assured that this guarantee was "within 90-days". He angrily refuted this.

After 20-minutes of harsh debate, I called a second customer service phone# that was given to me by the rep ("richard david") i'd spoken with the night before. But I got this same contemptuous rep i'd spoken with just seconds earlier. He said "richard davis is in our registration dept, you've reached customer service..." these folks are trained to behave like scolding parents. Once they've your credit card info, they've no intention to acknowledge buyers remorse. I felt like a witness being harshly cross-examined by an attorney. Stay away from this agency!

• Dara James Aug 01, 2009

I noticed you didn't say a word about if the service was performed as requested and you did indeed acknowledge the 90 Day guarantee if you are not contacted in 90 days you will get your money back?

It is apparent that you have no real complaint about Talent6's performance or service but that they expected you to honor the contract you agreed to several times and confirmed with absolute detail by providing your CVV authorization code.

You indicated buyer's remorse, which isn't a fault of the company now is it?

Dara

• Dara James Aug 01, 2009

Your complaint is unauthorized charges, correct?

Please explain how it is unauthorized if you gave all the information, they disclosed the full terms and you agreed.

You contradict your own complaint of "Unauthorized Charges" by calling this "Buyer's Remorse".

• Da
    David Aug 03, 2009

I called talent6 customer service ph# this morning (july 9th) and asked that my registration from the night before be cancelled with the $45 credit card charge refunded. I barely finished my openning statement when the talent6 rep responded in condescending tone, "why would you want to cancel..." he ranted on berasively about how i'd made "an explicit written agreement" to purchase their services by providing my card info, including the 3-digit security# on back. each time I attempted to reply to his harangue, he loudly talked over me.

In truculent demeanor, the rep insisted refund are ineligible unless registrants don’t receive a casting call from a talent6 affiliate during the first 90-days. I explained that the I was assured that this guarantee was "within 90-days". he angrily refuted this.

After 20-minutes of harsh debate, I called a second customer service phone# that was given to me by the rep ("richard david") i'd spoken with the night before. but I got this same contemptuous rep i'd spoken with just seconds earlier. he said "richard davis is in our registration dept, you've reached customer service..."
    These folks are trained to behave like scolding parents. once they've your credit card info, they've no intention to acknowledge buyers remorse. I felt like a witness being harshly cross-examined by an attorney. stay away from this agency!

Talent6great company, it worked for me and many others

I actually don't have a complaint at all. I think Talent6 is a innovative company. I have been with Talent6 for over a year now and have gotten a lot of work from it. Unlike some i am proactive with the service, submitting to castings call, updating my portfolio, etc. Talent6 is an easy and cost efficient way to earn extra cash and live a dream, being in movies! Talent6 is a more cost efficient way to break into the business because unlike agencies who charge you thousands to find you gigs that they send along with you 10 others who look exactly like you to there calls or driving around from gig to gig dropping off your portfolio, Talent6 gives you a professional online portfolio that you can electronically send to the casting directors/producers. And they also have a guarantee. If you are not contacted within 90 days of your start up they will refund your money and also allow you to have the membership for life! Scams don't give out guarantees. This is a wonderful company and if your dream is to be in the movies they can definitely assist you with that. Try it!

• Ha
    HadEnough Apr 28, 2009

And how much did they pay you to say this bs? you should never ever have to pay anything upfront to be an extra in a movie!. scam scam scam!

• Melodious Apr 29, 2009

I am sorry that you feel that way. But honestly Talent6 doesn't ask you to pay to be a movie extra. Even on the website itself under every casting call it explains that if a casting director or producer asks you for money don't do it. Your are paying a one time lifetime fee of $45 to have a professional portfolio on their site. So instead of wasting time, gas and money dropping of your portfolio from movie to movie they give you the ease of sending it directly to the casting director electronically. I understand where your coming from. If i went online and seen bad press about a company i would be taken back too, but that also means that i would never shop anywhere, because every company can't make every single person happy. They have been in California for over 5 years now and California wouldn't let a "scam" operate and thrive for that long. Its a great company. If you have any questions or anything feel free to ask me. Have a good week!

• Melodious Apr 29, 2009

And here is some good info on Talent6. Great article.

• Melodious Jun 15, 2009

Another great article about talent6.com

Talent6 puts filmmakers in the spotlight as an official sponsor of the united film festivals
    Http://www.prweb.com/releases/theunitedfilmfestival/talent6/prweb2531324.htm

• Tr
    Translopedia Sep 11, 2009

Well, I think if you have talent why pay a company? in today's economic all they want is money. If is true why to pay for a portfolio? I think they should have agency's where you can apply free and if they call you they can get a parentage of what you make. I am a talented person, more than anyone could ever imagine and many people like me is out there . We are smart workers not just a hard worker. I will not allow my self to anyone to take my money just to give a me job. They have to pay me for it. I am worth millions

• Melodious Sep 11, 2009

You pay a company to assist you in getting into the entertainment business. Just like an agent does but much much cheaper. No company gives a service for free, that's why they are called a company. I don't know about that whole million thing but unless you live in LA or your have an "in" into the business then you need someone to help you, like a company who specializes in it, Talent6.
    I would like a lot of things for free too but unfortunately that is not the way America works. And its not like Talent6 is expensive. Talent6 charges $45 for your portfolio an agent costs thousands and they take at least 5% of what you make, Talent6 does not do that. If you have never tried the company I don't understand how you are saying that it doesn't work? It makes no sense. If you have any questions you can ask me because just assuming things doesn't always give you the clear truth. Have a great day

Johnnyx12 Mar 05, 2010

I would like to report this post. It is purely an advertisement. How do I post a complaint about a particular posting?

The user, Melodious is more interested in "advertising" Talent6 than even giving valid information.

Perhaps this posting should remain, as it is further evidence that Talent6 is a scam.

• Melodious Mar 05, 2010

Your post is laughable.

I am an employee here at Talent6 and have been for over 2 years now. I am not in the marketing/advertising department. I take it upon myself to rebuttal these false complaints. Most of them are from people like yourself who assume things and assume wrong. If you have questions, ask, don't make up your own false answers. Just like yourself, never used to company, your just going off of what others say(and exaggerate at that). How can you say anything about the company when you have never used it? Ha...

Just an FYI ;)

MPK

Talent6online scam

I posted a casting call on craigslist.com which is a free site. Talent6 took my ad without my permission and posted it on their site. I wasn't even informed. The only reason i knew is because i started getting their crappy generic email replies from talent6 users. not only do i not want the ad there, but i have no way to edit or remove it.

Talent6 is a pay site and they are charging people to reply to free ads. and the replies are horrible. i had a few questions that i wanted answered with the response. apparently, talent6 doesn't let you send customized messages, because all i get is their generic reply with just a resume and headshot.

Do not deal with them.

• Ka
    KathyWilliamson Oct 03, 2008

I had the same experience. I posted an ad on Craigslist looking for a singer for my Eastern Star ceremony. Then I got spam from Talent6 informing me that they had placed my ad on their site and assigned me a user name and password, and I was to log in with it if I want the ad removed. Ironically, I have been a voiceover artist since 1979. I have never paid anyone to provide me with leads.

• Ba
    badnews Jun 03, 2016

They are only in business to steal your money once you have authorized the $1.98 start-up fee. Two weeks after signing up, they unethically charged my card for $59.80. No attempt to tell me what the charge was for.

Watch your statement after signing up with this horrible company as they will try to take your money.

• Gi
    Gigimon Jun 03, 2016

Talent 6 has given me the run around. All i want is my full refund and it appears that they cannot perform this task. If this task is hard how can you land a job thru them. These are clues for future seekers.

• Co
    COMPLUTALENT6 Jun 03, 2016

My husband signed up with talent 6 and it has done nothing except take 60.00 dollars from our account every month for nothing. we called to get our money back and they refused we just wanted to stop and they had a really bad # attitude with us. I don't deal with that #. this is a fraud and don't do it!

• Ka
    Kattie56 Jun 03, 2016

Talent 6 is a huge scam!!
    They just tell you $1.99 cost and then without any notice, they will charge $35 to your credit card every month!!
    Horrible!!!
    Never mention that there is no way to spend $35 every month for this kind of site.

Plus customer service is just reading manual, no brain.

• Ra
    racer220 Jun 03, 2016

This sucks, I was charged $60.00 because I was 1 hr late in calling to cancel. please file as many complaints as possible to stop them. unreal! they get away with this! somebody help stop this!!

Talent6 — fraud and scam

They claim to be real, they claim that there's jobs in your area, and that 'we guarantee that you...