Menu
K
8:18 am EDT

Swoopo - Not adhering to there terms and conditions/Fraud

First this has got to be the most disgusting and disturbing scam/site.
My son who is under age has lost £45 for a phone that he bidded on! for a start he should of not been on there, HES UNDER AGE. I suggest the site try and focus on getting his money back, immediately.Also it states that only one account per household! that wasnt adhered to, I managed to get on, I live in the same darn house! I would like to say that nobody on that site checks anything and its a disgrace and should be immediatley closed.
Please do not bid on this site, esp your kids as they can put anything down as there age, and they will not be checking it. They of course, just taking the money!I am lucky that I found this out when I did and I did some investigating... Any body from swoopo wants to comment on the above please ... I would love to hear from you!
Very angry Mother.

Read full review of Swoopo

5 comments
K
Aug 31, 2009 5:20 pm EDT

I bid on a tripod and won but it has been over a month, NO TRIPOD! NO RESPONSE TO MY EMAILS!

MY buddy won a Nikon D90 about 2 months ago and they won't answer his emails nor have he received the camera.

I guess I was stupid for giving them the benefit of the doubt, I didn't loose much money but it is the principle that bothers me!

T
Jul 21, 2009 7:40 am EDT

hi
you must be brain dead to bid on swoopo

have a look at this item on ebay

[protected] if you buy it you

will find out all the scams they do

regards tam

N
Jul 20, 2009 9:54 pm EDT

it is based with strategic understanding i have been on for two days and have won a iphone 3gs and a nikon d90 with 18-105 mm kit with only 400 bids. you cant just go in a boxing arena and think you can box you need to scout out what you can bid on with the amount of bids you have. there are other bidders out there who have thousands of bids (like me)

W
Jul 15, 2009 8:03 am EDT

I did the same thing, I joined and spend over 80 bids trying to win an auction.I run out of bids and lost the auction anyway.The same thing happened to me it just chewed up my bids. After contacting their customer service I basically was told oh well.This web site just takes your money, biggest scam I know...

S
May 29, 2009 10:43 pm EDT

Swoopo is a scam - however your son must have put in his bank details and stated he was over the age when signing up, you dont have a leg to stand on...

Hide full review
D
1:28 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Swoopo (then teleBids) I bid and won a Siemens Giga-Set SL565 mobile phone costing a total of £35 and worth about £85 (Amazon). A bargain you might think. After a few weeks I sent an email asking where it was. Automatic response, of course. After another two weeks, I sent another email. No response. Finally I sent a third email, stronger. No response. If...

Read full review of Swoopo

ADVERTISIMENT
Is this your company? Claim your business, engage with your consumers, leave official public responses, track complaints and customer replies at no cost. Get free account