Menu
Home Towing swat towing
5:34 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

swat towing - ILLEGAL TOWING

ILLEGAL TOWING OF VEHICLE, FROM A BANK PARKING LOT THE NIGHT OF 03/24/12 WHICH IS A SATURDAY NIGHT..(BANKS ARE CLOSED)CAME OUT OF CLUB TO FIND MY VEHICLE GONE FOR NO REASON, CALLED THE SCOTTSDALE PD, AND THEY HAD NOT AUTHORIZED A TOW, FOUND OUT WHERE THE CAR WAS AT 03/25/12 SUNDAY, ALL THE WAY IN MESA, AZ..CALLED THE TOW YARD AND THEY SAID I NEEDED $75.00. I WAS AWARE THAT I DID NOT HAVE TO PAY SINCE THE POLICE DEPT DID NOT TOW IT, AND THERE WAS NO SIGN ABOUT PARKING EXCEPT DURING BUSINEES HOURS. ONCE I GOT TO SWAT TOWING AND SHOWED MY DRIVERS LIC, THE GENTLEMAN TOLD ME 75.00 AND I ASKED HIM WHO TOLD YOU TO TOW IT? AND THE RESPONSE WAS THE BANK(LIE). SO I TOLD HIM, "I WAS NOT PAYING AND TO GIVE ME MY CAR." HE THEN ASKED FOR MY REGISTRATION, I TOLD HIM IT IS IN THE CAR(GLOVE DEPT)AND HE SAID WELL YOU NEED TO GO TO MVD AND GET A REGISTRATION, BECAUSE WE ARE NOT GOING TO GET IT OUT OF THE CAR..(which the law clearly states vehicle registration must remain in the car at all times)...Needless to say, I had to call the Mesa PD to come and make them release me car, and the police also told him what they did is illegal. I will also be contacting the bank to let them know that they are using their name illegally to tow vehicles., THIS IS TRULY UNACCEPTABLE, AND SWAT TOWING HAS HAD PLENTY OF BAD PUBLICITY.. If i could rate Swat Towing a ZERO, i surely would...RIP OFF ARTIST...

1 comment
B
Sep 05, 2010 9:46 pm EDT

I used SWAT Towing and they did a great job when towing my car. They were fast, professional, low priced, and the driver was clean and professional. Thank you SWAT Towing for the great job you did when towing my car.

N
4:49 am EDT

swat towing - Wrongful Towing

They towed mt daughter's car from her apartment parking garage. Vista Del Sol allows SWAT the right to tow cars off the property. We pay $80 a month for my daughters parking spot. Vista requires a parking sticker be placed in the window. SWAT towed the car on 7/24/2011 and my daughter realized it missing on 7/25/2011. Vista informed my daughter that SWAT towed it because her sticker was not visible. My daugher explained to Vista that her sticker is in the back window everyday. She has lived there almost one year with the sticker in the same spot and she has only 6 days left on her lease so why now does her car get towed. I called SWAT since it is my car. SWAT said that the drivers take pictures to ensure that stickers are missing. They told me that they close at 5 and I let them know I would be there by five to view the pictures and to take my car home. They man was rude! When I arrived the man was still rude, we went to the lot to view the car window for the sticker placement. The sticker was on the window as we said. I asked the attendant for that picture again and he said that he didn't have it. I let him know that be bluffed the wrong person. He then changed his story to say that the car was really towed because the sticker looked blue and not the green color. I then noticed two large dents in my hood and paint scrathes on the back passenger door. When I asked him about the damages he said that is on me since he wasn't going to charge me for the tow. I refused to leave until they gave me an invoice showing that I had a zero balance with them and me being able to file a damages claim. They made me wait over 20 minutes in a small un-air conditioned entry way. This company is shady and I cannot believe that Vista Del Sol has a contract with such a underhanded company. SWAT is NOT listed with the BBB- womder why? I lost 3 hours of pay for this illegal tow and a car with damages. I am irrate and pissed off. The attendant had the nerve to get nose to nose with me, a female, and try to challenge me when I demanded my car off of lot ASAP without charge. What a low class company!

View 0 more photos

B
7:09 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

swat towing - Ripped off

They towed my truck and boat from a vacant Basha's parking lot at 3:00AM, then demanded $500 cash to release it 8 hrs later. They said it was "2 units", even though the boat trailer was padlocked to the truck so they obviously had to tow it as 1 unit. They also have the gall to tell you "we charged that much because that's what the city of Chandler allows" (the guy initially even used the word "recommends"), and you have to sign a forms stating "I have paid this bill at my own request." Yeah, sure, just like "voluntarily" giving a mugger $500 while he has a gun pointed at your face. There were lots of other people in line getting the same rude rip-off treatment, too. Nothing but opportunistic bottom-feeding ###.

6:18 pm EST

swat towing - ###

These people are bottom feeding ### of phoenix. They will quite literally treat you like you are less than they are, just becuase they have your car. These punks charged me $190 when all they did was tow my car less than 2 miles, and I had it picked up in less than an hour. They will not explain the fees associated with the charge, and will tell you straight up to either pay or fu** off. I will never, and I mean never give up on making their lives hard to live. This is not the last of me you pieces of dirt.

1 comment
Mar 29, 2012 5:32 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ADVERTISIMENT
Is this your company? Claim your business, engage with your consumers, leave official public responses, track complaints and customer replies at no cost. Get free account