Menu

The good, the bad, and the ugly - discover what customers are saying about Supreme Brands

Welcome to our customer reviews and complaints page for Supreme Brands. We understand that making informed decisions about where to invest your time and money can be challenging, which is why we've created this platform for our community to share their honest feedback about their experiences with Supreme Brands.

On this page, you'll find a comprehensive collection of reviews and complaints from real customers who have used Supreme Brands's products or services. Our reviews are authentic and unbiased, providing you with a complete picture of the company, its products or services, and their customer service.

Whether you're considering doing business with Supreme Brands, or you've already had an experience with them, our community's reviews and complaints will give you a valuable perspective on what to expect. Our goal is to help you make informed decisions about where to invest your time and money, and we hope that our platform will be a valuable resource for you.

Please feel free to browse our reviews and complaints and share your own experience with Supreme Brands. Your feedback is an important part of our community and will help others make informed decisions.

T
9:34 am EST

Supreme Brands Unauthorized charges

I ordered the Vital Acai and wasn't told that the 15 day trial periods starts when the order is placed not after the merchandise is received. I called the company and asked them to reverse the charges of $78.91 and they refused. I even offered to return the merchandise since I hadn't even opened it and was told they don't accept returned merchandise. They only offered to refund me half of my money back and I refused their offer. So I called my bank and started a dispute and I was told that this company has swindled many people with their false and misleading advertising. My bank advised me to file a complaint. So I did. My advice IS DON'T ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. PERIOD!

Read full review of Supreme Brands and 11 comments

11 comments
V
V
Victoria 99
Nov 11, 2009 2:37 pm EST

I have been trying to reach someone on the phone to cancel order. When i finally did. They told me they would cancel and my account would not be charged, but it was. I am a single mom and i wanted to try this advertisements but i didn't think they would be a rip off and they are. I would just like my money back.

Billy
Mar 31, 2009 7:15 am EDT

4.95 free trial, hahahahaha, how about 85.00 for a month, oh and wait they charged me twice ! When I called them to tell them I had canceled two weeks prior they just continued to argue with me stated I had not. Well an 85.00 lesson not to order online, but this company is a HUGE ripoff!

G
G
Genry
Jan 03, 2009 7:06 am EST

I ordered a free sample of Acai product and after trying, I decided against continuing use, I called within the time limit given and was left on hold for 30 minutes. I do not want to be charged for any further shipments they may decide to send. I cannot believe that such horrific scams can be possible.

I have found that I am not the only one complaining about this organization.

Shame, Shame!

Dec 07, 2009 12:33 pm EST

Dear Beckel,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation - we would be happy to look into your account to see what happened.

Please contact our customer service department between 8AM and 7PM (CST) Monday through Friday so that you can speak to a representative regarding this issue. Or, you can send me a private message with your order information and I will be happy to take a look myself.

Beckel
Mankato, US
Dec 05, 2009 4:36 pm EST

I agree. I didn't like the product PhendexinXR after only three days of trying it. I was jittery and nausious and called to cancel the subscription. The customer service representative on the phone told me that I was not gving the prouct a good enough try and she could cancel my order, but I would be charged the full price of the bottle. She told me to call her back on the last day of the trial if I truely did not like the product and she would "see what she could do". I called and canceled the order and still got charged $79.90 and never recieved the next bottle anyway.
I also was charged a finance charge because this eighty bucks was unavailable on my card and I overdrafted. Supreme Brands should pay me my $79.90 back and my finance charges as well. This company is bull and needs to respect their customers who do call in the timeframe to cancel and still get charged. The BBB will hear about this company if I can't get this resolved on Monday.

Nov 23, 2009 2:08 pm EST

Dear Mtex,

I'm sorry to hear abouty your experience - if your account was closed and you were still billed and shipped further orders then there is definitely an issue going on with your account that we need to resolve.

The best way to get this issue resolved would be to contact our customer service department - they can be reached at [protected] between the hours of 9AM and 9PM (EST), Monday to Friday. We do keep detailed records of every call we take, so we should be able to clarify this situation if you can take a few minutes to contact us.

M
M
Mtex
Nov 23, 2009 1:59 pm EST

I called and cancled my order. i paid for the trial period. I then called and cancled any further orders and still got billed once again. This is a horrible business. Never order anything from them!

Nov 13, 2009 11:41 am EST

Dear Victoria,

I'm not sure why you would have had difficulty contacting us - our customer service number is listed in the following places:

1. On every single page of our website
2. In the terms and conditions
3. On the receipt page where you are given your order confirmation number
4. In an email confirmation that is sent to you when your order is finalized
5. On a product invoice that is shipped out to you with your product
6. On the actual bottles of product you are sent

As the number is so easy to locate and is given to you so many times there really should be no difficutly in all in contacting us (our customer service hours are now Monday to Friday, 9AM to 9PM EST).

If you had called in to cancel your account you would have been told that the account was now closed and you would not be charged ANY FURTHER - if you had already been charged prior to your cancellation call, then it was within the confines of the terms and conditions you agreed to when you signed up for the trial. We would never tell a customer who was billed they were not billed (as there would be no point in doing this - the customer would find out they were billed and dispute the charge with their bank), so you might have mis-heard what the customer service representative was telling you.

If you could send me a private message regarding your situation I would be happy to investigate it for you - however, please be aware that we do not respond kindly when being referred to as a "rip-off" or "scam."

We do list detailed terms and conditions that a customer must agree to in order to sign-up for the trial. These terms are listed in the following areas:

1. On every single page of our websites at the bottom
2. In the center of the order confirmation page (where you enter your billing information and hit submit to finalize the order)
3. On the receipt page where you are given your order number
4. In an email confirmation that is sent to you when your order is finalized

We would not list and provide these terms so frequently if we didn't want customers to be aware of what they are signing up for - it is not our fault if you signed up for the trial but failed to read the terms and conditions.

So please do send me a private message and I will certainly due my best to research this account for you.

-Devin

Jun 24, 2009 3:59 pm EDT

Dear Customer,

I'm very sorry that you feel you were ripped-off by our company - however, after reading your complaint it is apparent that you did not read the terms and conditions that you agreed to when you signed up for our trial offer.

Our terms and conditions are listed repeatedly on our website, including on the order page in clear, visible English. You have to check a box stating "I accept the terms and conditoins" or your order will not be able to process.

The terms do state that what you are signing up for is a free 15-day trial where you will be sent a one-month supply of product for only shipping and handling fees, and have 15 days from the date it is shipped to determine if it is the right product for you. If you are unhappy with the product just contact our 24/7 customer service department to close your account withint he trial period and you will not be billed or shipped anything else. If you are happy with the product do nothing and when your 15-day trial ends you will be billed for the original shipment at it's regular price.

These terms are sent to you in a confirmation email immediatly after you order and are listed on a product insert that are sent out to you with the product.

You did agree to these terms when you ordered - it is not our fault that you failed to read them when you signed up, when you were emailed, or when you got the product.

If you had canceled prior to when you were billed, we would be more than happy to investigate the situation and refund you if that is the case - you should have been sent an email confirmation when you canceled as proof of cancellation, so if you can provide that to us as proof that your account was closed before you were billed we will certainly refund you.

Or you can just provide us with the number you called in on to cancel - our cusotmer service department uses advanced technology that records all incoming numbers in a database (even if the caller hangs up). We can search our database for this number as proof that you had called in before you were billed, and if that is the case we will certainly refund you.

Please call our 24/7 customer service staff at [protected] with either a copy of the cancellation email or the phone number you called in on. Once we can verify you were improperly billed, we can then refund you in full.

Jun 23, 2009 7:40 pm EDT

Dear Customer,

I'm sorry that you feel you were misled - however, I must contend with many of the claims stated above:

"I ordered the Vital Acai and wasn't told that the 15 day trial periods starts when the order is placed not after the merchandise is received"

When placing an order, all customers are required to CHECK the box that confirms to us that they have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of their trial offer. Prior to completing the sale transaction, no orders can be processed without accepting the terms and conditions which ARE LISTED NEXT TO THE ORDER INFORMATION AND CLEARLY explains the following:

The 15-day trial period starts from the date the order is SHIPPED(not received). This information is stated in the terms and conditions, on the order page, on their sales receipt, on an enclosed insert with every trial package and in a delivery confirmation that is emailed to each customer upon the shipment of their order.

If the customer is not satisfied with the product they are required to contact the Supreme Brands customer service department within the 15-day trial period to cancel their auto-ship program ( Our customer service department is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week). If the customer is enjoying their product, then they do not have to do anything and at the end of their 15-day trial period they are charged the Value Rewards price (Which is stated on their Terms and Conditions) for the ORIGINAL SHIPMENT. Approximately 30 days from THEIR original purchase date and every 30 days thereafter they are to be sent another 1 month supply of the product, and the credit card on file would be billed the Value Rewards price, plus shipping and handling.

"I even offered to return the merchandise since I hadn't even opened it and was told they don't accept returned merchandise. They only offered to refund me half of my money back and I refused their offer."

Our terms and conditions also explicitly state "Please note we do not accept returns on products that have been shipped" - this is because we do not re-sell shipped products due to tampering concerns. If you had not ignored the terms when you signed up for the trial and agreed to them you would have been aware of this.

We empathized with your situation and were willing to refund you for half of the product when we did not have to - in my opinion this is going above and beyond the typical customer service experience as you will typically be told in these situations "I'm sorry, please read the terms and conditions."

"So I called my bank and started a dispute and I was told that this company has swindled many people with their false and misleading advertising."

That is your right to do so as a consumer - however, it is our right as a company to point out that this statement above is unfounded and false - we do not offer or advertise a free sample (which is a gift), we offer a free trial (which is a time-sensitive test with conditions). We repeatedly list terms which you must agree to, and we take the liberty to email you the terms and send them with your product as a reminder.

It takes willful ignorance to be unaware of these terms after you have received the product.

10:36 am EST

Supreme Brands No customer service

This company offers free 30 day trial but bill your account within 15 days of your order date. By the time the products arrives, it only gives you about a week to try it out. I was shocked when my account was billed but then I noticed in the paperwork that it does state that you must cancel within 15 days of ordering. They give you no e-mail address but they do give a 24 hour customer service number. They immediately put you on hold and never come back (I wait 30 minutes). The paperwork states that you can return the unopened product for a refund, however, you need a RMA# which must be included with the return. The only way to obtain that number is by calling customer service (which they don't answer).

TOTAL RIP-OFF!

Read full review of Supreme Brands and 4 comments

4 comments
dlstrawser
Lusby, US
Jun 06, 2016 4:12 am EDT

They have an ad for a free product to pay for shipping only, and then they bill you for the product a month later. In addition, they billed for an ongoing subscription. Trying a free product for $4.95, has now cost me over $160.00. They've offered to credit me $30. While on the phone with them, the representative said he knows of the complaints against the company for the false advertizing but can only credit $30. This is a scam. It should be illegal, and they should be prosecuted.

Dear consumer,

I would like to apologize for your inability to contact our customer service department. during the period in which you called we were switching from an in-house call center to an out-sourced call center. we are now operational 24/7 with minimal hold times. if you would like to contact our customer service department to discuss any possible refunds please call [protected], thank you.

Customer service manager

Dear consumer,

When placing an order, all customers are required to check the box that confirms to us that they have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of their trial offer. prior to completing the sale transaction, no orders can be processed without accepting the terms and conditions which are listed next to the order information and clearly explains the following:

The 15-day trial period starts from the date the order is shipped (not received). this information is stated in the terms and conditions, on the order page, on their sales receipt, on an enclosed insert with every trial package and in a delivery confirmation that is emailed to each customer upon the shipment of their order.

If the customer is not satisfied with the product they are required to contact the supreme brands customer service department within the 15-day trial period to cancel their auto-ship program (our customer service department is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week). if the customer is enjoying their product, then they do not have to do anything and at the end of their 15-day trial period they are charged the value rewards price (which is stated on their terms and conditions) for the original shipment. approximately 30 days from their original purchase date and every 30 days thereafter they are to be sent another 1 month supply of the product, and the credit card on file would be billed the value rewards price, plus shipping and handling.

I hope this information will help, however if you need additional assistance, please contact our customer service department anytime at [protected], thank you.

Customer service manager

nessaluv2smile
Bethlehem, US
Mar 18, 2009 12:17 pm EDT

This company sucks! I did get ahold of somebody from the 866 number they provided on my checking acct, who said that because of how terribly they messed up, he needed to send the information to their corporate headquarters. He was very nice but when corporate contacted me the real trouble began. Their customer service reps hung up on me, lied to me, yelled at me, and said all they could do was refund half the purchase price and give me two free bottles of their product.
All of this started because they shipped to the billing address and not the shipping address.

Genessa

A
3:44 pm EST

Supreme Brands Terrible company

The number they give you, you never actually get to speak with a person. I put in approximately 50 calls to this company and on 12-9-08 after trying sense november 3rd spoke with a person. I am am at the least bit satisfied with this company. Supreme brands is a ripoff artist and advise every person that thinks about trying this DON'T DO IT! He canceled the account. but cant promise refunds $$162 dollars that they cant promise will be returned to me. This was money that was taken from my account unauthorized. Also caused great difficulty with other things. I ADVISE YOU NOT TO BUY FROM THIS COMPANY AND IF YOU HAVE TURN THOSE JERKS IN. ITS NOT RIGHT. THEY HAVE ALSO BEEN TURNED IN BY MANY OTHER PEOPLE SO YOUR NOT ALONE.

Read full review of Supreme Brands and 12 comments

12 comments
Nataly
Mar 11, 2009 7:27 am EDT

This company will draw you in by stating that the only charge to your credit card for a 'free trial of VitalAcai' will be for shipping & handling, and that you have 15 days to cancel the order before $78.91 is charged to your credit card.

I came across the website and thought that I would try the product because of those stipulations. The order date on the package that I received reflects 12/4/08. On 12/9/09, I called the company and after several attempts, I finally spoke with a rep. and canceled the order. I was given an RMA # to return the trial shipment, a cancellation confirmation #, and was told I would be sent a confirmation email. The email was not received, so I called the company and spoke with another rep., who in turn sent me the email. After hanging up with her, I checked my bank account and found that the company had already charged my credit card $78.91, before the 15th day.

I called the company again and spoke with another representative. After he was no help, I asked to speak with his supervisor. After being placed on hold, he returned and stated that his supervisor said that he was busy.

I had my credit card canceled and reported this incident to the fraud department at my bank. It can take 45 to 120 days to have this resolved, but it does not matter because I want to alert consumers about this company.

R
R
Rickey
Jan 06, 2009 9:26 am EST

I was offered a free trial for the cost of shipping and handling fee. READ the information when it arrives. I discovered it when I noticed a charge of $78.91 too my account. Now I will be changing the account and notifying them (by FAX) to cancel any further orders. If they insist on send mire I'll post more info.

Sigurny
Jan 12, 2009 8:09 am EST

I saw an ad on tv for a free supply of a product all I had to do is pay for shipping cost $4.99. I thought I'd give it a try just this once. I received the product which was VitalAcai and about 10 days later I received notice from my bank that my checking account was over-drawn.

I contacted my bank immediately and they informed me that this company had charged my account NOT $4.99, but more than $78.00. My bank was very helpful and reversed all 3 over-draft charges and put in a fraud report for me.

I was happy everything was cleared up and I thought I was finished with them. Low and behold a week later they charged my account for over $86.00 this time and now AGAIN, more over-draft fees. I don't keep a large balance in that account so anything done in excess of what budget for will cause over-drafts to happen. I received the product after I found out what they had done and returned the product the same day.

There deceptive practices are causing me stress and anxiety because now I am going to have to close this account and open another. I will have to purchase new checks, get a new debit card and it's all just so aggravating I am spending way too much time in the bank and on this matter.

Dec 07, 2009 12:29 pm EST

Dear Beckel,

The post you were responding to was made over 6 months ago, which is why our customer service number of [protected] is not working - we have a new customer service number of [protected].

Please contact ust at [protected] between 8AM and 7PM (CST) Monday to Friday and we will be happy to assist you.

Or, you can send me a private message and I would be happy to try and assist you myself.

Beckel
Mankato, US
Dec 05, 2009 4:41 pm EST

Yeah, that number doesn't work. Just tried calling it to resolve MY issues with Supremely Sucky Brands.

Jun 24, 2009 3:37 pm EDT

Dear Customer,

I'm very sorry about your poor experience with our company - in December of 2017 we were transitioning to a 24/7 customer service center and due to this their were unavoidable delays in our customer service department. I'm very sorry about this but as we were switching facilities it was completely unavoidable.

As of early January 2017 our 24/7 customer service center has been running flawlessly with hold times of under a minute; if you need assistance or have questions for us please contact us at [protected] as we would be happy to look into your situation and assist you however we can.

Once again I'm very sorry that you did not receive the level of customer service you should expect to receive and we expect to deliver.

Jun 23, 2009 7:29 pm EDT

Dear Customer,

I'm very sorry you had such a poor experience with our company - however, I must contend with many of your patently false claims in listed above:

"I saw an ad on tv for a free supply of a product all I had to do is pay for shipping cost $4.99."

We have never advertised our products on television; it sounds like you saw a similar product to ours and stumbled upon our site believing it to be that product. That is not possible though as we have never done advertising outside of the internet.

"I am so frustrated with this company and their rip-off tactics I could just go to La Jolla and rip their throats out. No one AUTHORIZED them to continue to send me product or debt my acct. can they get away with this crap?"

We do not employ rip-off tactics - we list terms and conditions in clear, visible english that must be agreed to in order to finalize your oder (you must check a box stating "I accept the terms and conditions" or your order will not finalize). These terms are sent to you in an email after ordering and with your product on a product insert.

You must willfully ignore these terms on repeated occasions and still agree to the terms in order to be in the situation you are in - it would appear that you have placed yourself in this predicament by failing to read the terms that you did agree to.

You did authorize all the charges and shipments on your account; the terms of the trial clearly state that you will have 15 days from the date your product ships to determine if it is right for you. If you are unhappy with the product, contact our 24/7 customer service center within the trial period to close your account and you will not be billed or shipped anything else. If you are happy, do nothing and at the end of your 15-day trial period you will be billed for the shipment at it's regular price. Additionally, if you choose to keep your account open we will continue to bill you for and send you a one-month supply of product every 30 days from your original order date so that you do not run out of supplements.

If you failed to contact our customer service department (as you agreed to in the terms), then when your 15-day trial ends you would be billed and 30 days from your original order date you would be billed for and sent a new one-month supply.

All you needed to do was call our 24/7 customer service department at [protected]; our number is listed on our websites, in your confirmation email, on the product insert, and even on the outside of the bottles!

It is not our fault you chose to ignore all this information as it is repeatedly presented to you.

Jun 23, 2009 6:53 pm EDT

Dear Customer,

I'm very confused and disheartened by your complaint - while I'm sorry you feel misled, we list our terms and conditions in clear visible language on the order page. To finalize your order you must check a box stating "I accept the terms and conditions" or else your order will not be able to submit. These terms are also immediately sent to you in an email confirmation after you have ordered.

So I don't understand the logic behind this complaint - you ignored the terms when you agreed to them and when they were emailed to you, but now that you have read them since we include them with the product as a courtesy we have somehow done you wrong?

It is not our fault that you chose to willfully ignore the terms and conditions that you did agree to; we cannot force customers to read these, we can only display them repeatedly (which we - listed on the order page, sent to you in an email, and sent out to you with your product).

This is not misleading in any way - this appears to be an instance where you misled yourself by agreeing without reading.

Jun 22, 2009 4:10 pm EDT

Dear Customer,

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your poor experience with us; during the beginning of December of 2017 we were transitioning to a 24/7 customer service center and delays were unavoidable. I'm very sorry that you did not get the level of service you expect to receive or that we expect to give. Our 24/7 customer service staff is available at [protected] with hold times of under one minute.

I do have to contend with your assertion that the money taken from your account was unauthorized; it was not. In order to sign up for a trial with us you must first check a box which states "I agree to the terms and conditions" before you submit your order; if you do not check this box, you cannot submit the order.

These terms and conditions are listed at the bottom of the page in clear, visible language. They explain in detail that what you were signing up for was a free 15-day trial where you would be shipped a one-month supply of product to try; if you did not like the product you only needed to cancel your account within the 15-day trial period and you would not be billed or shipped anything else. If you did like the product you did not need to do anything, and when your 15-day trial ended you would be billed for the shipment at the regular price. As long as your account remained open we would continue to bill and ship you a new one-month supply of product every 30 days from your original order date so you would not run out of supplements.

In addition to listing the terms on the bottom of the page, they are sent to you in an email confirmation and our listed on an insert that is sent out with our product.

Every time you were billed was in accordance with our terms & conditions; nothing was unauthorized.

May 18, 2009 7:07 pm EDT

Dear Consumer,

I would like to apologize for your inability to contact our customer service department. During the period in which you called we were switching from an in-house call center to an out-sourced call center. We are now operational 24/7 with minimal hold times. If you would like to contact our customer service department to discuss any possible refunds please call [protected], thank you.

Elevating the Voice of the Consumer