Sunrise Ford Complaints & Reviews

Sunrise FordDishonesty and Incompetence

I leased my brand new car (2012 Ford Fiesta) there this year. I wanted the base package, but the extremely pushy salesman convinced me to get the sport package because of the "awesome features." Without my asking, he snuck out to another location to get me the car of my dreams (ha). Then he told me there was no other car in the area like the one I was asking for. Since my wife and I had been there over 5 hours by that point, I said fine and took the car.

In just over 4 months, I have had to bring it in for repair FIVE times, four of which were for the same issue. Then another time for a meeting with their customer service manager. In total, that makes five trips there to drop the car off, five trips back to pick it up.

Every time I left, the issue was either not fixed or, even better, it was fixed but something ELSE was broken! I had to take time off work, work late to make up hours, skip lunches, beg rides from friends, etc. A major hassle just to get something I'm already paying for.

Fine. All cars have bugs. I get that. But each time I brought it in, I was told by the "experts" there that I was wrong, everything was fine, it was in my head, there's nothing we can do about that (one of them, John, even yelled at me when I asked him to listen and stop just telling me what ISN'T wrong with the car - he's a real peach). It took a special meeting with the customer service manager (who is great, Sally Press is her name) and my demands to see the foreman to finally be heard. After 3 minutes with him, he confirmed there was indeed a huge problem. They gave me a rental and a few days later, it was fixed... but the window is now malfunctioning. I swear, I feel like they're just screwing with me on purpose or something.

And each time they work on your car, you're given a survey and told that if you don't give them top scores in every area, they'll get in trouble and face disciplinary action. Even my Italian grandmother couldn't guilt trip like that.

When I expressed my concerns to the sales manager (Ron St. John, I feel like I should mention you by name) I was offered 3 full tanks of gas to make up for the inconvenience. Fine, sounds good. However, to get those fillups, I would have to stop by, find him, and ask for a voucher. Then I could go to a nearby station and get the gas. So I had to stop by, hope he's working, wait for him to finish whatever he's doing, then ask him if I can please have my voucher like I'm asking for a hall pass to use the bathroom. That... wasn't gonna work for me. Luckily Sally stepped in at that point and gave me 3 free details and fillups, to which Mr. St. John rolled his eyes and said, "Fine. We'll have someone else take your car to the gas station for you." That's right, Mr. St. John. That's exactly what you'll do.

In short (little late for that I guess), avoid this place like the plague. The car dealer stereotypes of sleazy, pushy salesmen, liars, incompetence, laziness, and just overall contempt for the buyer are all alive and well at Sunrise Ford. Do yourself a favor and strap a few flashlights to a shopping cart instead. At least when that malfunctions, you won't feel so bad about shelling out hundreds of dollars every month for it.

Ugh. I can't wait for this lease to run its course so I can shove this car right back up their tailpipes.

ps - I should also mention that after trip number 3, I asked the repair technician (the peach) why, if they are constantly having these issues with the cars as I kept hearing from him, don't they inform the customer of these issues at the time of purchase? He told me, "Well if they'd told you that at the beginning, you'd have gone and gotten a Toyota instead!" Ah, the joys of honest dishonesty.

Sunrise FordRip off

Biggest rip off dealership I ever dealt with. I've been going there for many years, but only when I had to for dealer service because they are close to my house. I recieved a $500 gift card to use for service or car purchase. First of all when I get there, the service advisor is sitting in her cubicle texting on her phone and totally ignoring me. Finally after a few minutes she turns around and asked if I'm being helped (duh). I needed some work done on my expedition and when I presented the gift card, they would not honor it. They told me that the gift card doesn't apply for the work I did (of course). When I told them I'll pay with my credit card and then dispute the charges, they would not release the car to me unless I paid cash. I intend to take this to small claims to get my money back.

When I told the manager that they lost a customer, his reply was OK.

I would recommend Vista Ford if you ever need service or to purchase a car. Vista Ford's service and sales people are great.

• Al
    allen Heng Apr 02, 2010

How can a service department that treat people like that and be in business Something is wrong with Ford itself that allows the dealership to treat and abuse its customers

Sunrise Forddishonest business practices

I applied online for an auto loan for people with credit problems.I was contacted by Mr. Al Tanner, Special Finance Director & Loan Specialist, of Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood, Ca.
He was congatulating me on my pre-qualification for special financing with one of their many finance programs and provided me with a list of documents needed when I came in to the dealership.They had already viewed my credit report and assured me they would help me get the car and good credit I deserve.He didn't say they would try to or pending approval, he said they would get me the car...
Needless to say, they didn't do what they said they would do.I feel they misled and lied to me just to get me to come in.They should make good on their promises.

Sunrise FordDeceptive business practices

This was one of the most disturbing experience of my life, these people have some b***. They lie thru there teeth, if you feel the same way please contact me at [protected]

Would like to lead a peaceful protest on a weekend and show them what it's like to be put under the microscope.

Then to top it off ford credit lies right with them. What happen to ethics, they are dispickable people who misrepresent themselfs whenever there mouth is open.

They tried to charge me 43 k for a edge with a window sticker of 32k. They get so carried away they are hard think that people could do such things.

• Ap
    AP GANG Sep 11, 2008

### SUNRISE FORD AND AL TANNER THAT WORKS THERE

• Al
    allen Heng Apr 02, 2010

They have horrible and hostile service department.They try not to honor any contract they sign.On 1st April they were so hostile in handling a warrant claim on my 2008 Ford Explorer bought new from them.I drove away to another dealership.I am a Ford stock owner I plan to sell the stock ASAP when the markey open on monday.Ford Explorer is a good car but the dealership Sunrise ruined it all.
    Allen Heng
    [email protected]

MadMommy4u Oct 12, 2010

Sunrise Ford business practices force customers to pay for diagnostic services. DON'T ASSUME YOU ARE GETTING A FREE ESTIMATE! They keep your car until you to pay their BS FEE and won't allow you to take it elsewhere. If you take your car to them and ask for an esimate, that isn't FREE - They give you an outrageous estimate for any service. Then they won't release your car to take it elsewhere unless you pay a 134.25 FEE for diagnostic services.

I never signed anything that agreed to that. But they said that the PRELIMINARY ESTIMATE is for that service. WRONG that is a fee for kidnapping my car! My car was held HOSTAGE for money without regard to me as a customer who has bought several cars from them. When I took my car to another shop they said I didn't need the 1500.00 service they DIAGNOSED! AAARG! RIP OFF! THESE FOLKS ARE the worst!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices