Student of Fortune Complaints & Reviews

Student of FortuneScam

This website is a scam!! They closed my account for no reason. Good thing that I didn't spend too much time on this website tutoring and the cash on my account is not a lot yet. But I will NOT recommend tutors to spend valuable time tutoring on this website!!

• Je
    jengkol Mar 04, 2013

withdrawals since 21 February until now to my Paypal no clarity, I try to contact customer support but so far none of incoming email. Very disappointing, luckily I have not spent much time in vain to make a tutorial on their website. Do not join this website is not feasible, careful SCAM.

• Ga
    GaryFlin Aug 07, 2013

My account was closed for no reason too. I've been a tutor for more then 5 years and I found a great website that offers the same tutoring concept only with much better costumer support and better commissions.

www.paperbid.com

Student of FortuneFraud

Student of fortune is very unfair.

They closed my account for no reason and said I was operating multiple accounts which is not true.

And this user is clearly operating multiple account and they're not closing their account.

Tutor "az_tutor " has couple of accounts.

And he is rating his own tutorials:

Billmy Aug 08, 2012

I have used this website called SOF before and made some cash, but later was kicked out because someone purchased my tutorial and decided to resale it by leaving a negative feedback. Since then, i decided to switch base to a new site called billmyanswer.com. BillMyAnswer uses an algorithm to create originality report of your tutorial from previous purchased papers. You don’t need to worry about someone Re-selling your tutorial after purchasing it. Your tutorial is your tutorial forever. You can ask questions directly to Tutors. Only the tutor can view and provide tutorial to you directly. See when the Tutors are online and ask direct questions. Withdraw your Earnings in just 7 days versus 21 days in SOF. 15% or 30% fees, while SOF is 18% or 40%. i LIKE IT THERE

Student of FortuneStudent of Fortune Poor Customer Service

Dear founder of Student of Fortune,
I was a tutor on student of fortune but yesterday, when I tried to Log in to my account, it says account locked. Then I found an email saying that my account was locked due to poor tutorials. This is the exact conversation that I had with student of fortune.

ME:
I'm a Student of Fortune tutor and I tried to sign in today and received an
"account locked" message. My username is kram and my email is
________. Since I can't log in, I searched for my profile and it
looks like it has been completely deleted. I'm extremely frustrated and
confused because I checked my email and spam folders and I didn't receive any
notice or reason why this might happen. I'm assuming that this is some kind of
mistake since all of the work on my account is original. Also, if there is
some issue with a tutorial that I have posted, I have no problem taking it
down if my account can be reactivated. Thank you.

SOF:
Hi kram,

Thanks for your email. We sent you a notice yesterday, 5/29/12 at 2:57pm that
your account had been locked. Your account has been locked for operating
multiple accounts, moving money between accounts and selling poor tutorials.
We will not be reopening your account.

Regarding any payments pending or balance in your account, please contact us
after 120 days and we will process any money left in your account. During this
period your account will be under review by the Fraud Department and any
refunds will be issued that are necessary.

Thanks.

After that, I emailed them again saying that those account they accused to be mine are not mine.
We are working here as a team. Those account that have been involved and locked belongs to my team mates. As of now, I am really ashamed to my team mates. Their accounts have been involved even though they didn't do anything wrong. If it is possible, I request to unlock their accounts. They should not be involved in my problem. Also, I wish that you'll give me a second chance. I will promise that I will delete any poor tutorials I have posted and will only post my Original work, and if you won't give me a second chance, at least, please don't involve my team mates and please unlock their accounts. Thanks.

Billmy Aug 08, 2012

Well, i really do not have much to say about studentoffortune. I have used it before and made some money until i was kicked out due to unnecessary reason. Right now, i use a new site called billmyanswer.com . BillMyAnswer.com uses an algorithm to create originality report of your tutorial from previous purchased papers. You don’t need to worry about someone Re-selling your tutorial after purchasing it. Your tutorial is your tutorial forever. You can ask questions directly to Tutors. Only the tutor can view and provide tutorial to you directly. See when the Tutors are online and ask direct questions and Withdraw your Earnings in just 7 days. You also get 15% or 30% fees, while SOF is 18% or 40%. check it out

Student of FortuneAccount Closed for no reason

I had been making reasonable money submitting tutorials on this site. A week ago I requested withdrawal of my funds after etting accumulate to a decent amount, and today I receive a standard one sentence email stating my account was closed for 'copyright infringement'. At the time of the notice i had accumulated a further balance on my account. Firstly, I was shocked since my tutorials were my answers to questions and were therefore not copyright. Secondly i didn't receive any explanation. Ironically, I only read just before i requested withdrawal of my funds that Student of Fortune appear to do this on a regular basis.
I'm not sure if i will ever get any of my money owed, both what i requested a week ago or the balance on my account since that request. From reading other complaints I feel odds are slim. My advice is to stay away from this site, I wish I had read the complaints earlier then i wouldn't have wasted so much of my time for nothing. The only winner is Student of Fortune. If anyone is planning a class action lawsuit please let me know.

• Ho
    Hols12 Mar 03, 2012

Hi,
    For some strange reason, w ithdrawing funds from your account is hell. What is the significant of all of these tax form papers? This site appears to be a rip off and I smell a law suit soon. Others will soon realise its fraudulent actions!!

Peace

• St
    Student of Unfortunate May 30, 2012

Hi,
    I also got the same situation.
    When I requested the withdrawal of my account a week ago. They just sent me an email saying "copyright infringement" .
    I think that when someone withdraw money from their accounts, after just one week, they will find an excuse to lock or close your account, so that the money YOU EARNED will go to their OWN WALLET!
    DONT TRUST STUDENT OF FORTUNE OR YOU'LL BE A STUDENT OF UNFORTUNATE!

• Al
    alecia143 Feb 27, 2014

This also happened to me as well after six years on that site! And it was right before they just shut down back in July too when I was requesting payment as well!! It used to be a great site to work on but a few years ago it started going downhill fast! Now I am being reviewed by the IRS with a company that is gone now! THIS SHOULD BE FUN...NOT!!

Student of FortuneMessage to the Founder of Student of Fortune- Sean Mccleese

dear Sean, the founder of student of fortune...i send to you this message because i do believe that you could help me with this issue... my account (http://studentoffortune.com/user/markdinoalbiela/profile) has been closed yesterday being accused of copyright infringement.. I'm not aware of copyright infringement even though I might be doing so.. I asked them to give me a second chance since its my first time my account being closed in relation to that violation which I'm not aware of. They are giving second chances to other tutors out there with the same situation like mine but they refused to give second chance to me...What I'm saying is just be fair, If you can give second chance to others why you can't give to me.. I have a strong feeling that you're treating me like this because I'm not an American which is RACIAL DISCRIMINATION on the first place... please give me a second chance...I'm unemployed right now and I only depend on student of fortune for my daily living... I offered a great help on your website as evident by my ratings so don't stop me from doing that...Please I really need your reply, i'm sending a lot of messages on your personal email but still there's no response...I've been telling to my friends lately how good your website is, but look what i get... Please do consider to give me a second chance and I will write a very good feedback on your site...thank you and god bless...

markdinoalbiela Nov 17, 2011

Dear, Iron Muffin...I do understand that you have your own opinion...But the message is not address to you.. The best thing you can do is to support me with this issue...thank you...;-)

• Di
    divanshu1993 Nov 03, 2012

markdinoalbiela, i am with u ...they do same thing with me and no reply yet

Student of FortuneMy account has been closed

my account (http://studentoffortune.com/user/markdinoalbiela/profile) at Student of Fortune has been closed today. They said that i commit copyright infringement...they warn me before to delete the tutorial which i made and i follow them. And today without prior notice they closed my account. Basically i earned $1055... A lot of money, yeah!...which i don't receive all on my paypal account...I tried to contact them with regards to the money that i earned but they always said to wait for 120 days...Its my first time my account has been closed, you should give me chance and open my account account, I helped a lot of students in your website by making A+ tutorials...I have a good rating as well...Hope you consider to give me another chance

markdinoalbiela Nov 15, 2011

• Ha
    Happychap2000 Feb 29, 2012

Did you ever receive your money? The same happened to me also.

christoher johnson Oct 23, 2013

I want my damn work out of my account!!!

christoher johnson Oct 23, 2013

I want all my work out of their I spent money on!!!

Student of FortunePoor Customer Service

I have been a tutor on Student of Fortune since January 2011. Yesterday I attempted to sign into my account and received an "account locked" message. I was directed to contact customer service. I sent Student of Fortune an email and received a message back hours later. Here is our conversation starting with my original email:

Me: I'm a Student of Fortune tutor and I tried to sign in today and received an "account locked" message. My username is ____________ and my email is [protected]@______.com. Since I can't log in, I searched for my profile and it looks like it has been completely deleted. I'm extremely frustrated and confused because I checked my email and spam folders and I didn't receive any notice or reason why this might happen. I'm assuming that this is some kind of mistake since all of the work on my account is original. Also, if there is some issue with a tutorial that I have posted, I have no problem taking it down if my account can be reactivated. Thank you.

SOF: Thanks for your email. Unfortunately, we had to lock your account due to you uploading mass copies of the same few tutorials. You uploaded hundreds of the same tutorial. Can you explain why you did this? Thanks.

Me: I'm not sure what you're talking about. I upload each tutorial a few different ways because I saw other users posting the same tutorial different ways. I do this to help bring my tutorials up in the search engine better. I have never uploaded the same tutorial more than a few different ways. If I did, it was an accident or a glitch in the site and I would be happy to take them down. I apologize if this was a mistake on my part, but I never intended to post the same tutorial hundreds of different times and I also don't remember doing that. Could you please tell me which tutorials it was that I posted like this? If you reinstate my account, I would be happy to fix the problem. Thank you.

SOF: Thank you for getting back to us. This is what we can do. We reinstated your account as a customer courtesy. But, you will have to upload your tutorials
again. Please be conscious that a few copies of the same tutorial is fine, but
hundreds of copies of the same tutorial is not. Thanks very much.

Me: Thank you for reinstating my account.
-I only posted each tutorial 9 times so I'm still extremely confused. Can you please tell me which tutorial I posted hundreds of times?
-I faxed over my W-9 yesterday, will this cause any problems processing that?
-Is this going to create a copyright issue for me? People have purchased many of the tutorials I posted. If those customers repost those tutorials before I have time to get my account up and running again, will they be able to say they own the copyright since theirs will be show as posted before mine?

SOF: We just processed your W9, so no problems there. You should have received an email confirmation. 9 copies of one tutorial is OK...try to keep the duplicates on the lower end - like 5. The big issue is mass uploading tutorials within a few hours. You posted too many tutorials at once, in succession.We see that you added back in your tutorials, which you had to do. From now on, please do not mass upload tutorials within a short period of time. We have records of your old tutorials, so there should not be any issue with copyright. Thanks for your questions, and have a great week!

I have decided to leave my conversation wit Student of Fortune at that because they can't seem to give me a straight answer as to why my account was locked and why they didn't restore my original 1700 tutorials. First they said that I posted tutorials hundreds of times... this is just not possible. I added up the tutorials that I had posted in my files and multiplied that by the number of times I post each tutorial. This number came out exactly the same as the number of tutorials that I had posted on SOF before they deleted everything. This means that it isn't possible that I posted one tutorial hundreds of times. When I explained that I didn't post hundreds of the same tutorial, they changed the reason completely, saying that I posted too many tutorials in a short period of time. I'm a perfectionist and a work-a-holic... apparently efficiency is a bad thing to SOF. Also, there is no rule anywhere on their site stating that you can not post the same tutorial multiple times or about how quickly you post your tutorials. Also, if this was the problem, then why did they delete all of my tutorials? Also, why no warning? Why wasn't I given any notice?

Bottom line: Between the question dodging, lying, and all around unprofessional behavior, Student of Fortune has stolen a few days of my sales, countless hours of my time, and my confidence in their business.

anonymonion Apr 07, 2011

UPDATE: I BELIEVE THAT STUDENT OF FORTUNE HAS ATTEMPTED TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE THE BEST THEY POSSIBLY COULD AND FOR THE MOMENT, MY CONFIDENCE IN STUDENT OF FORTUNE HAS BEEN RESTORED. I ACCEPT THE APOLOGIES AND THANK SEAN FOR TAKING THE TIME TO ADDRESS MY CONCERNS. THANKS AGAIN!

JaSoN1209 Apr 16, 2011

Hello I have tried multiple times contacting SOF by email regarding my account. It has been over 6 months and I still have not recieved any of my funds that I have earned through student of fortune. The student of fortune account transaction history says that my request is still processing. From my knowledge, I thought it would only take 2 to 4 weeks not 6 months. I emailed SOF once again today, and if I do not get a response within the next few weeks, I will take this matter up legally. Thank you for your time.

andyp92081 Sep 15, 2011

hi there again i have the same situation like the above post..withdraw my money over 3 months and still didn't see the fund in my paypal account...have sent multiple time emails to SOP but nothing reply back...its ridiculous...ill wait another week or two otherwise i will take this matter against this website...thanks

Student of FortuneStudent of Fortune DOES Resolve Your Issues

STUDENT OF FORTUNE DOES RESOLVE ISSUES. Hello everyone, I posted an inquiry yesterday regarding my inability to login. I sent a notification to their support team and those guys worked all night long on my issue until they resolved it. Not only that, prior to solving this issue they returned the funds I had in the account with no questions asked. I woke up this morning and this wonderful team sent me an email asking for my telephone number. The phone call I received was that my issue had been resolved. I highly recommend Student of Fortune to everyone. They are credible just give them a chance. They fixed my problem in less than 24 hours. Kudos to the Student of Fortune Technical Support Team, you're awesome!!!

• Ellie Avina Apr 21, 2013

I have been waiting several DAYS and no one has helped me, BAD!!! PLUS they encourage phony stolen papers to passed around!!!

Student of FortuneNo Complaint Yet

I've never submitted anything to Student of Fortune, I only ask for help with my studies. I attempted to login and couldn't. I've had an account with them for a few months. Upon placing an inquiry to their site I haven't heard anything although it's only been one day. There are funds sitting in my tutorial account for future purchases and I don't understand if you have someone's money why you do not respond back. Out of curiosity I requested a new account and got a response, but why didn't I get a response when I submitted my inquiry regarding my inability to access my old account? I am hoping to receive a response from them soon. If anyone else has had this problem please advise or if you have a phone number for them, as well as another way to reach someone at Student of Fortune, please advise.

• Ol
    Oliviabranch Dec 19, 2010

Hello everyone it's Olivia. I previously inquired yesterday about Student of Fortune. I had an issue where I could not get back into my account and I wanted to know if anyone else experienced this issue as well at some point. Well everyone the Student of Fortune super team came to the rescue. They worked on my issue way after hours which shows their dedication. Then today I get a phone with wonderful news that the issue had been resolved. To all the nay sayers I suggest you give this great staff a try. Work with them and they'll help you resolve your issue. I highly recommend this wonderful resource to students all over!! Okay guys I'm heading to my facebook family to let them know about the efficient and professional staff at Student of Fortune. Happy holidays to all!!

Student of FortuneDONT JOIN Student Of Fortune is a SCAM by Zackywacky6

Hi everyone.
At first, I thought studentoffortune was legit, but it turns out the whole site is a scam:
- They terminated my account for so called "plagiarism" when they don't have any proof of when or where it happened
- They dont terminate their top earners accounts for plagiarism or for breaching their so called "academic honesty policy", because they choose money over everything else (respect, dignity and moral)
- If we are paying almost 50% of tax for their lawyers, why don't they get proper ones who know what their talking about.
- This site is a scam, I can't stress enough how badly they scam, if you join, your just feeding there salary and soon enough you will have your account terminated.
- And as usual, they only respond to requests like feedback, if there is a problem, its YOUR problem not theres.
Listen up studentoffortune.com, I want the remaining balance in my account or I will take further action

• Za
    zackywacky6 Nov 04, 2010

Admit it, you deleted my account for the $500 in it.

• Ke
    keep-it-honest Nov 05, 2010

Zackywacky6

Plagiarism is a crime of copyright infringement, in which you have indulged frequently enough to be ousted from the Student of Fortune (SOF) site. Why don't you just tuck your tail between your legs and run like the thieving dog you are? SOF had plenty of proof that you were violating the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) of the United States by plagiarizing the works of others. In cas it has escaped your memory, I offer the following three examples as proof of whom you plagiarized:

• Submitted by: fivetwoseven

• Submitted by: tjalas

• Submitted by: chantler
    • Views: 313
    • Category: Other
    • Date Submitted: 06/17/2010 08:32 PM
    Original author: Hypothetical Working Agreement Paper
    Adam *****

Are you any of the three above listed? I believe NOT! So shut the hell up and be thankful you are not being dragged into court for your fraudulent actions. As far as getting your money back; Hopefully it went to the SOF tutors you ripped off.

• Ay
    aycctutor Nov 19, 2010

Want to make money by helping students with their Homework questions?

Want to get that help you need for those tough Homework questions?

Then you need to check out this new site at www.aceyourcollegeclasses.com

AYCC is simply a site that is marketplace for online tutorials that can aid you in getting homework and gives you the opportunity to offer your help to others and of course **EARN MONEY**

The site is **FREE TO JOIN** No fees to withdraw your money through PayPal and get paid twice weekly!

Billmy Sep 11, 2011

I believe that studentoffortune is doing a great job, but they carry out an illegal activity by allowing users to resell your tutorials. I found a website called billmyanwer.com that do not allow this. Billmyanswer.com uses an algorithm to determine whoever that is intending to resell your work, thereby preventing this. Your original tutorial is your tutorial forever. You can also ask questions directly to the tutors and only the tutor of your choice can see the question and provide an answer to your questions. Live tutors available 24/7 to answer your home work questions.

• St
    Student of Unfortunate May 30, 2012

I agree to you. Student of Fortune is a SCAM site!
    When they got a single complaint on your account, and they found out that it contains money, they will lock it right away!
    The money that is inside your account, goes to their ###ing wallets!
    Don't trust student of fortune! They are a bunch of scammers!

Student of Fortune — Closing my account without even listening to what I'm saying

In July this year I was looking for a way to earn money over the internet when I found studentoffortune.com I was pretty uncertain of everything around there. I started answering...

Student of Fortune — my account always closed for no reason

I am tired of my account being closed for no apparent reason, I don't even get any explanation for why it is being closed. Every time I see these old tutors on the site feel...

Student of Fortune — Allowing Illegal Activity

So I've absolutely had it with this site Student of Fortune.com. Do they not realize what the Hell copyright infringement is? One user in particular there, javstudent, ha...