Sona Diamond Jewelry Complaints & Reviews

Sona Diamond JewelryReturn/ Disappearance

During an attempt to process a return within the 7 day return window, Sona Diamond Jewelry executed the following:
1. accused us for being from another country
2. deactivated the company email address
3. provided a disconnected number
4. denied the complaint about the quality of the product
5. denied return

Fortunately, we are able to process our return through our credit card. This site should be questioned for fraud.
AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID

Sona Diamond JewelryIf you do business with this company, I wish you the best of luck

Sona Diamond Jewelry is the bar-none the WORST company with which I have ever dealt.

I ordered a Sona Diamond pendant and chain from them on 4/23/09, for the birthday of a loved one that was still 2 weeks away. Since the website didn't alert me to any delayed shipping, and did not force me to agree to the company's terms and conditions, I assumed that the item would arrive in plenty of time.

After filling out the 'contact us' section on the company's website multiple times, checking the status of my order, I finally called Sona on Saturday 5/2/09 (9 days after I had placed the order) and got a weird canned recording saying I was the third caller in line and they'd call me back. I left a message checking on the status of my order. After that, a man called me back (the same man's voice who was on the recording, and the only person with whom I've ever had contact, which leads me to believe it's a one-man operation), saying he had the pendant, but the chain wasn't ready yet. So I e-mailed him saying that I needed a guarantee that I would receive the item by 5/6/09 because it was for a birthday gift. He e-mailed me back saying 'it doesn't look like it will be a problem.' I e-mailed him back and said that 'it doesn't look like it will be a problem' was not an adequate guarantee, and demanded that he cancel my order and refund the charge.

I immediately placed an order with a different company that guaranteed timely delivery. In fact, the other company's order shipped the very next business day and arrived overnight, as promised.

Meanwhile, Sona refused to cancel my order, citing some 'company policy' buried somewhere in its website that says all orders take 7-10 days, and he shipped my order anyway. The chain arrived separately, drop-shipped from Louisiana, so I'm not sure why it would have been delayed anyway. But I'm not familiar with the intricacies of what appears to be a one-man drop-ship operation trying to pass itself off as a major player.

So, I refused shipment on both of Sona's packages and have filed a dispute with my credit card company. Today, the Sona man sent me a scathing e-mail accusing me of being a 'deceitful con artist, ' and saying he didn't understand why I had refused shipment on the orders when they had made it by the deadline I had imposed. I replied that I had, in multiple e-mails, explained why I was cancelling my order (because he could not guarantee its timeliness) and that I had ordered from a different vendor who did guarantee timeliness and that I had already received its package. The owner of Sona still claims that he doesn't understand why I refused the packages, even though I've explained it in plain english in multiple e-mails.

After further research, it appears that the reason Sona does not list a physical address on its website is because it is a one-man operation run from a condominium owned by the only person with whom I have ever had contact. While it is possible that he runs a custom jewelry business from his condominium, it appears more likely that this is a one-man drop-shipping business operated from a kitchen table.

If you do business with this company, I wish you the best of luck. You may get your product eventually. If, however you have any sort of deadline, I recommend going with a competitor. And if you have any sort of customer service problem with Sona Diamond Jewelry, plan on being treated rudely, plan on being referred to some portion of their 'company policy' that you've never seen or heard of before, and plan on being accused of being a 'deceitful con artist.'

• G.Smiley Sep 25, 2011

If there's a deadline, you should buy something from a store. There's never any real guarantee that something bought on the internet will arrive on time. It's always a risk.