Solo Mobile Complaints & Reviews

Solo MobilePhone

Last July I renewed my solo contract for another two years and upgraded my phone for my husband. The phone never worked. My husband took it in 3 times and they fiddled with it and sent him on his way. It was a business phone...his calls would disconnect, he couldn't retrieve messages, etc. He would have to find a pay phone to contact his customers. I took the phone in last month for the 4th time, they sent it out and said it couldn't be repaired, that we damaged it. Now I have to pay $189 to get out of the contract for a phone that never worked. I spoke to a supervisor and she was not willing to help in any way and seemed totally uninterested.

Solo MobileRemoved my unlimited data

i am with solo mobile prepaid account for long time and i have cdma phone its has unlimted mobile browsing and unlited tax massages on my plan with no charge and only charge is dollar, now solo deccided to stop unlimted mobile browsing and they send me msg for 1 gb data which i can use smart phone i call them to change phonebut they told me its not comptevble this plan after some try they put this plan on my new phonr its work some time its stop data and i call them and some of rep the know how to fix problem bsc this is only accounting problem even tech solution told me this error in system . this problemalmost after ever four five days i call and them and give refe r and they fix several time after two month they told be it can not be fixed any more and its removed from system i complain to all solo superviser but they told me same thing and sorry for this mistake but i lost my unlimited mobile browsing and 1 gb data which is free on my account but they re not ready to give any kind of adjustment If some body know where to complain about this problem Let me pl advise or if any solution they can make for me

Solo Mobilephone bill

I have a ceiling of 175. on my account. My first slide phone crapped out after a text was sent to me about I was eligible for a 50$ credit for signing of a 2 year plan. Fine...I went and got a new phone The LG flat screen thing. I had paid 40. and 35 $ the previous 2 weeks earlier. So I thought with the 50 $ phone bill credit I would be free and clear. A few days after I received a text saying I was approaching my 175 dollar credit. Hmmm..., then the calls started on the voice mail you know those annoying automated ones! So I went to the self serve on the web site (phone) and it said 38.32 ACCOUNT BALANCE. So I let it ride thinking ok there was a computer error. But I got cut off !!! I called and the explanation was Oh no sir that only reflects your last bill LOLOLOL I said no i have had the account for 3 years and that is what I OWE. HWen I pay the full amount it shows 0 $s, and they replied no that is your last bill and I RETORTED, IT SAYS ACCOUNT BALANCE NOT LAST BIILING. So I said ok bye bye. On Sunday they sent a text that read, payment received service restored...so I said to myself THERE I WAS RIGHT (account BALANCE was 0$$ ) and since when have they ever replied to anything on a SUNDAY!!! ???? So you will not believe what happened on MONDAY ! I received a TEXT SAYING I was approaching 175 $ and your service will be discontinued if the bill bill is not payed. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH !!! WHAT THE HELL ???? Today Tuesday ...nothing no TEXTS NO CALLS and i cannot access the self serve LOL to see MY ACCOUNT BALANCE (not the last bill) I hope someone from SOLO reads this and can see the IDIOCRACY of there company. If this continues I will bite the bullet and go somewhere else to the simpilest plan and company I can find HELL maybe just a home phone LOL

Solo MobileOvercharging

Anyone interested in joining me in a class action lawsuit against SOLO Mobile ?

I bought a Solo phone for my 9 year old son who then got leud text messages from single girls even though the phone was barred from receiving text messages. SOLO said it was out of their control yet they were happy to bill me for it every month for months afterwards even though I complained vigourously. They obviously had a deal with the text company as the charges showed up every month on a SOLO bill. I ended up researching the text company which was in Norway and it took me tons of time and money to try to sort it out. SOLO continued to bill me so I eventually got rid of the phone and went with Koodo who are great.

If you want to join my class action suit please send your infrmation in strict confidence to Box 165, 9-3151 Lakeshore Road, Kelowna, British Columbia V1W 3S9 and mark the envelope with the word SOLO. Please include contact information
Thanks and wish me luck !
Dissatisifed SOLOist

• To
    Tori Tenenbaum Feb 28, 2011

Absolutely! Solo Mobile is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Customer service, service charges, ever phone service. I never had any! I roamed in my apartment!
    Ive been getting harassed for two months now for money I do NOT owe! And they refuse to stop calling.
    I canceled my plan 6 months prior to the end of my contract and asked exactly how much I needed to pay to close the account. The representative I spoke to assured me when I paid over the internet while on the phone with her that it was done! Then six months later I owe money and its getting sent to a collection agency?
    DONT EVER GO SOLO!

Solo Mobileripped off

i got a phone from solo mobile dec 27, , they suspended my account because they said that i spend more than $125.00 not even for 2 weeks Im using the phone. I phoned the costumer service and asked the details of what usage Ive been using and they cant provide me more details. Not even 2 weeks i had the phone and thier charging me more than $135.00. Solo mobile is a scam. Costumer Service is not helping in any way. its seems they dont know anything how could they do this to people. And now I want to cancel my service and thier were charging me $300.00 to cancel the service. Its sucks! I hope they will do something on this company coz for me, , ITS A SCAM!

jamie Lewis May 01, 2011

My name is Jamie Lewis and I have the same trouble with SOLO they have overcharged me every month that I have had my account nad charged me 696 mins for a month that I was in another place and had no cell service. When I called costomer service I was given a runaround and put on hold to wait for a supervisor and was cut off. I called back and was cut off again. How do these people get away with this?????

• Li
    Line Dion Jun 27, 2013

I am having the same problem since on of their nitwits called me and told me to change my plan for a ... better one. Then next month, I got billed 200$ and I thought it was a mistake, and the next month, an other $200!!! I cancelled and first thing I learned I was tied in a contract I was not even aware of and they are charging like 40% interest on unpaid bill. I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO GET SCAM and refuse to pay this bill!!! I tell every one to stay away from that company and anthing that has Bell Canada in it. Why is it all the cell companies are scaming us with those insane billing practices!

Got no more cell - fixe line is all I want - I was tooooo burned and scared the next cell cie will be as worst!

• Li
    Line Dion Jun 27, 2013

Solo Mobile - I was badly advise for the plan they swiched me - I had a monthly plan that was costing me $25 a month and since the switch, my bills went from $25 to $250. I had taken a montly plan with them because they had no contract but when I cancelled my plan after those outrageous bills - they charged me an other $200 for the cancellation fee and are charging 40% annual interest!!! They have know put my account in collection but by principal, I absolutely refuse to pay this bill as I feel I was scammed big time. If I had been with Telus, they would have automatically put me on the best next plan - unlimited minutes for $35 a month. Every time I have dealth with Bell Canada, just problems and now recommend to all my friends and family to stay away from that company. Thanks

Solo Mobiletermination of contract/service

I HAD A3 YEAR CONTRACT WITH SOLO MOBILE WHICH CAME INTO FRUITION ON DEC. 17 2010. 1 CALLED SOLO ON THE 15 OF DEC TO FIND OUT WHAT MY REMAINING BALANCE WAS SO I COULD PAY IT AND TOLD THEM THAT MY CONTRACT EXPIRES ON THE 17TH. I WAS TOLD I WOULD HAVE TO PAY 138.00 FOR THAT INFORMATION. I ASSUMED THAT MY SERVICE WOULD END ON THE 17TH BUT TODAY IS JAN 2 2011 AND SOLO STILL HAS NOT DISCONECTED MY SERVICE. I CALLED THEM AGAIN ON THE 20TH OF DEC. TO FIND OUT WHY THEY HAD NOT STOPPED MY SERVICE AND WAS TOLD THAT IT DOES'T MATTER THAT I HAD A CONTRACT; ONCE THAT CONTRACT IS FINISHED THEY START CHARGING ON A MONTH TO MONTH BASIS (AT A HIGHER RATE). THEY TOLD ME THEY WHERE GOING TO SEND ME A BILL FOR JAN 2011 (FORWARD BILLING WHICH IS ILLIGAL) BECAUSE I DID NOT GIVE THEM A MONTHS NOTICE THAT MY CONTRACT WAS ABOUT TO EXPIRE. I CHECKED MY CONTRACT AND IT SAYS NOTHING ABOUT ME HAVING TO GIVE AMONTHS NOTICE THAT MY CONTRACT IS ENDING (SHOULD'NT SOLO BE AWARE WHO HAS CONTRACTS AND WHICH ONES ARE ABOUT TO END?). SOLO HAS THREATENED ME WITH A COLLECTION AGENCY IF I DON'T PAY THE JAN. BILL . I TOLD SOLO TO SEND ME AS MANY BILLS AS THEY LIKE BUT THEY ARE NOT GETTING ANOTHER CENT OUT OF ME. I ALREADY HAVE ANOTHER CARRIER AND HAVE'NT USED SOLOS SERVICE SINCE THE END OF NOV.2010 I AM MORE THAN WILLING TO GO TO COURT WITH SOLO OVER THIS. IAM ALSO FORWARDING A COPY OF THIS COMPLAINT TO MY OMBUDSMAN.

• Th
    Theresa Taillefer Jan 09, 2011

We are in the same boat as you! Only we DID call and cancel in November and we are still getting bills. Also a collection agency calls us 3 times a day, everyday to collect on this bill. We have called Solo several times, each time they say we have to pay for one more month (30 days from day of cancellation). Even though they can see that on Nov. 17th we did cancel they say we have to cancel again!! How stupid is that!

I will be willing to be, they aren't going to cancel this time either, even though it's the 3rd time! We now get everyone we talk to, their name and employee number. Maybe we should start posting them here!

• Wa
    Wanda Davies Mar 04, 2011

The same thing has happened to me except they've turned off my service and are charging full fees PLUS reactivation fees EVERY month. I don't know what to do except go to a lawyer. Has anyone out there ever had this issue resolved and how did you do it? Wanda Davies

• Wa
    Wanda Davies Mar 04, 2011

Theresa, Diane: would you be interested in sending your problem to a lawyer with me? Also, I was going to start a Facebook and Twitter account to publicize the disrespect Solo shows their customers. Any ideas on how we could work togethr so they'll pay attention to us? Wanda Davies

• Or
    Orphanbass Mar 17, 2011

I had my phone disconnected last december which took about 2 hours talking with different people from India. I sent them the final amount and then 2 months later I get this huge bill. I call them and they said the phone was never disconnected in their system????????????? so after another 2-3 hours on my Bell cell phone I finally had my account fixed and they said that I owed them nothing and disregard all the charges that they were billing me for. Now I just received another bill for $45.86 and if it is not paid it is going to collection and civil legal action may also be taken. I am so angry with this company...not sure what to do?

• Ap
    aprilchant May 17, 2011

My husband signed up for a phone for our son. They required a $100.00 deposit on the account. They then charged us $100.00 for previous months service charges and full fees for they two days prior to billing cycle that they chose. We paid the amount when we recieved the cell bill. They turned off the phone and say the phone had over $125.00 worth of charges on the account, but have not produced the may bill yet for us to see. It is a $25.00 per month plan for texting. Anyone had this problem?

anygood providers? Dec 11, 2011

To the people with complaints about their telcom providers in Canada that you cannot resolve, confirm your provider is a member (Solo is) then lodge a complaint with the CCTS – Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunication Services http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/
    You'll be amazed how nicely they treat you after your complaint is filed.
    BTW, most of the providers I'm aware of have this policy...30 day notice. Don't mess with them, put it in writing via fax...ask them for the fax number for their executive offices and you'll likely get satisfaction without going to CCTS.

Chizuka Mar 25, 2012

Would like to know if anybody has had success with taking Solo to court or perhaps filing a major complaint and winning. Just wondering how you did it.

• Me
    melispissed Jun 12, 2013

Solo has been a nightmare for me. Five years ago we signed up my daughter via Costco kiosk for an all inclusive texting plan. The rep did not enter the plan correctly in the computer so we received a $4, 000.00 bill. No one at the Bell offices could help and referred me back to kiosk. The actual rep admitted the error and said he would correct it. After that I just had a "credit" with them that no one could do anything about. I was forced to use up the credit (had a 3 yr. term anyway) but they started billing me again before I collected my full refund. I threatened to picket the Costco kiosk along with others who had been ripped off and then no access to customer service. They turned it over to a collection service that dropped it after one conversation with me. Now two years later some collection agency EOS has started harassing me again. I can't believe the nightmare these people have caused me over THEIR FRAUDULENT PRACTICES. Am I going to be dealing with this until the end of my days??? My blood pressure goes up every time I think of the insanity of it all. I would love to see someone step in and stop this fraud and harassment. Where are the laws in Canada to protect the consumer??? Why hasn't this company been shut down after all the complaints? If I stole money from someone I would be charged so why are these crooks allowed to do it on a mass scale??? I'm filing with the CCTS for what is worth and next and with all the time and effort I'm putting into this I may as well check with a lawyer. I think pain and suffering could apply here.

• Vl
    Vloles Nov 07, 2014

I'm almost relieved to see all these complaints against Solo. They made me feel like I'm the only person who has experienced all the problems having a phone through them. My issue started 3 years ago, lots of added charges, etc.. Tried to deal with it then only to get the run around. Canceled but months later, still having bills accumulate. They said I never canceled. Final straw, my last bill jumped to 3 times the first amount. Again on phone with numerous people and they wouldn't budge so I thought the hell with it, I'm not paying a dime until we get this settled. 3 years later (2014) I call and again, talked to 6 different people who say someone will call me and wait 2 weeks. Nobody calls! Call today, talk an hour of the phone before reaching the right person who is not willing to budge on the amount, saying too much time has passed???? Seriously, I tried 3 years ago when it first happened. I was willing to pay more than half, just to get rid of it but they are not willing! Any help would be appreciated, just too much energy spent on the worse company ever!!!

Solo MobileWorst ever

This is an ongoing issue that started with Solo since July 19th, 2010. Solo has put me on a spending cap of 125.00 to start and because of Solo's crazy billing system and the total lack of being able to see your account details I had reached the spending cap at which time Solo suspended my service. Solo does not send you a text message or an email or any kind of warning that you are reaching your spending cap then all of a sudden your account is suspended and your penalized for hitting the spending cap limit.

This has happened now 3 times and my spending cap has now been lowered to 75 per month. I have not paid a bill late yet I have been penalized 3 times now.

The customer service is the absolute worst. I called to complain about the situation and when I was not able to get through to the Rep I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager. The Rep put me on hold and then made up some BS about the supervisor not able to take the call. It turns out that she never escalted my issue to a supervisor, she only spoke to a help desk personel. When I asked for the name of the General Manager for Solo Mobile, I was told she could not give me that information.

Also my billing date is on the 15th of the month, however when I spoke to a rep on Aug 19th I was told she could not give me details of the account as the bill has not been generated, even though my billing date is the 15th of the month. Solo can't get their billing correct but they can suspend your account at the drop of a hat without any paper backup or without notifying you before hand.

Another issue is if there is a spending cap on an account for 125.oo how the hell did Solo let the bill get to over 200.00? If there is a spending cap then when your account hits 125.01 a notice or text message should be sent and limit services that would cause the additional usage time. Suspending a service you fully paid for is WRONG on every level of business.

I will never recommend Solo Mobile to anyone and as soon as I can end my ontract with them I will and never use Solo Mobile or Bell. WORST BUSINESS PRACTICES EVER!

• Be
    Beverly Barss Dec 29, 2010

I have been trying to get solo to send me a last bill. I ended by plan with solo on Aug. 28 and I have been waiting for a bill. I have talked to 7 representatives and I have given them my address and there is still no bill. It is now Dec. 29 and I have called again - waiting on the phone for 63 min. trying to get a manager. I will never deal with this company again. I now have Koodo and I get my bill in the mail and they take the payment off my credit card. There is no extra fees and it is the same every month. Solo/Bell need to be stopped. Advise: Go to Koodo for your phone and cancel BELL/SOLO

• Ny
    NYCCANUCK Jan 10, 2012

SOLO MOBILE ARE THE WORST THEY ARE THEIVES, SCAM ARTISTS, EVERY MONTH I SPEND HOURS OF MY TIME ON CUSTOMER SERVICE YELLING AT THEM I JUST GOT OFF OF THE PHONE WITH THEM SO HALF MY DAY IS GONE SO I DONT HAVE TIME TO GIVE SPECIFIC DETAILS, I MOVED HERE AND EVERYONE WARNED ME ABOUT THEM BUT I SOMEHOW GOT SUCKERED INTO SIGNING A CONTRACT WITH THEM, THEY ARE THE WORST, TAKE MONEY FROM MY CREDIT CARD FRAUDUENTLY, THEN SAY I HAVE A CREDIT ON ACCOUNT THEN SOMEHOW I OWE HUNDREDS OVER WHAT THE CREDIT SHOULD BE, NOW I WANT TO CANCEL MY SERVICE AND THEY WONT EVEN LET ME THERE IS NO RECORD OF MY CALLS, ITS INSANE I HOPE THE PLACE NEVER MIND IF I WROTE IT GOSH IT WOULD GET ME IN TROUBLE, JUST DONT EVER EVER EVER GO WITH SOLO EVVVVVVVVVVVERRRRRR

• Be
    Beryl Kuo Sep 28, 2012

I have the very same problem you have suffered - I came back to Canada last October 7th, 2011 and my nightmare started when I signed up with Bell (ended up I was put to Solo Mobile). They told me I can have free mobile if I signed up two-year contract, but when I actually signed the contract, I was charged $40.00 for the mobile on top of the one month of pre-charge. Started Oct. 15th, I have been chasing my monthly bill each month, but only can get it download until the end of the month, then I was charged for late payment. It was not until Feb. 2012 someone told me on the phone that they will not charge me late payment if the check can arrive before the 14th of the month. In March 2012, they suddenly charge me for $130 and cut down to $104.80 when I called in to argue. They put down a lot of numbers that I don't even know who it belongs to, but they insisted the computer recorded it and that cannot be wrong. I decided to have the landlord to hook up a home line in my room with Shaw in April 2012 and don't use mobile since. Then sicne May 2012, they don't process the check on time and charge me for late payment and block my phone. I have to pay for the monthly of $21.00 up to May 2013 as I was bined in that two-year contract. Can I go to any government office to ask for the protectioin of my rights? Please advice if you should know how we can find the justice and have Solo Mobile to do proper business. Many thanks!

• Da
    Darlene Cook Apr 21, 2013

Hi l have solo mobile pre paid cards. l did not get a pre paid card for 2 months with no notice from them that l would be suspended. So l had already bought a pre paid 75.00 card and when l went to activate it they told me l could no longer active that card. l tried calling back 5 times and still the same answer. Can anyone tell me what l can do as l am now probably out 75.00. They have now cancelled my account.

• Ha
    Haitham Albadawi Nov 10, 2013

Solo Mobile for me is a very big SCAM, i NEVER USED THEIR SERVICE, but they still charged me monthly even though was cancelled by them automatically, when you call customer service, an ununderstandable indian accent english that sucks, and they are very bad in solving problem issues .

They have charged my credit card without my even my knowledge, and now dont know what to do !!!

I dont know to whom should I complain, money has been withdrawn out of my CC .
    GOVERNMENT SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

Haitham Albadawi

Solo MobileBad Service

Hi,

My billing date is the 5th of every month. I have signed up for recieving biils by e-mail.
I recieved my first bill on the 5th May, which was paid on 12 th May. I had not recieved an invoice for this bill.

For the usage of May i have not yet recieved a bill. I checked my online account and it does not show any new bill as yet. However, my outgoing calls have been cut and incoming callers get a message saying my number is not in service. I have lost a project from a client because he could not get in tuch with me.

I have trie dto go to a SOLO Kiosk to resolve this issue, however i guess all the Kiosks do is sell. They are not bothered about any customer issues. I am willing to pay the bill, but what is it? What is the amount and where is the invoice? I cannot even see the unbilled amount on my account on the SOLO website.

I have decided to move out of SOLO and want to port my number, however since the number is out of service this is also not happening. This being a weekend, there is no customer service person who can be contacted.

Solo Mobile
  • Pi
    pissed off Nov 10, 2010

There bills are never updated online...i never know exactly how much i owe and when icall and get an amount and pay that i get cut a week later saying it wasn't the right amount or i owe more? A WEEK LATER? This has happend multiple times to me and the only response i can get is that i need to make advance payments...in other words guess how much you owe and pay multiple times a month or don't have a phone...grrrrrr...i asked to talk to a manager on more than one occasion and was outright told no as well as that they were in a meeting more than once...left my name and number for a call back and still haven't recieved one...

Solo MobileItemized Statement Errors

Solo Mobile's monthly statements are incorrectly categorized. All event details are categorized as "Itemized Long Distance Calls" regardless of the event details. I called in to suggest a statement change. Their response wasn't great. I don't think their support team sees the same customer statements that customers do. They repeatedly indicated these were NOT long distance events. I agreed but their statements don't.

I tried to talk to Bell Canada, Solo Mobile's owner. They wouldn't accept the call.

Solo MobileHorrible customer service

I bought a Solo Mobile phone to use prepaid on a monthly rate. I have been online on the Solo Mobile website for 2 hours trying to adjust my account. Then I tried another one plus hours to contact a live person but to no avail. This is Terrible customer service. How can they expect to keep me as a customer when they do now want to help me getting set up. I am in a rural area and there is not near by kiosk to go to. I will NEVER recommend Bell or Solo Mobile.

• Ur
    Urbanguy Mar 09, 2010

My wife has a monthly plan with Solo. Sorry to say that I am so tired of her complaining to me about this company. If your here just trying to decide on which cell phone provider to go with I would not recommend this company.

Solo's constant over-billing has proven to me that their strong suit is not honesty or customer service. They say that the internet is like the wild-west but in Canada we should include the cell phone industry in the same context. Their motto should be something like this...Go Solo and You will be All Alone.

Solo Mobile — service

I bought a cell phone, over a month ago. The provider being Solo.The day i bought it i contacted them and...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices