Smeg Complaints & Reviews

Smegfridge freezer, hob P64, oven F170

After having our smeg oven for two and a bit years it seems to be playing up! We purchased it in good spirits thinking we wouldn't have a problem... However our expectations were short lived! After it's first or second use our 'Piano" hob tarnished beyond belief...well £280 or so bucks could buy us replacements, but after spending well over £3000 odds on our hob, smeg fridge freezer and oven...we don't have that sort of change hanging around!

I'm extremely disappointed with how our range has lasted (or hasn't, more's the case).
1 - our hob has tarnished terribly after two uses
2 - our fridge leaks on a regular basis, enen after a thorough cleaning
3 - our oven's fan has given up the ghost, we now manage to heat up our meals on a normal oven setting...just about!
4 - the knobs on our oven and hob have had the plastic cracked off of them and the (attractive, ahem, white plastic) is exposed
I would recommend therefore that no-one purchase a Smeg product, for although they look lovely, they are all aesthetics and no substance!

2 Responses
    • Be
      bezdonnik Jan 23, 2013

There is no available service center of Smeg appliances in Dubai. It's impossible to buy the spare parts!
      I need thermostat for Smeg cooker (SpA 42016 Guastalla (RE), oven 3 kW). Please help to buy!
      Maria Balash

• Valerie Oct 29, 2008

The Smeg DF6FAB dishwasher is my first experience with Smeg... and my last. It's been designed by someone who's never seen/used a dishwasher in their lives. The wire baskets are so shallow your plates won't stand up. Cutlery basket is stupidly small.

Buyers beware!

SmegUnreliable dishwasher

Smeg DWF64SSE - In the space of just over 3 years I've had 3 faults with this machine. First fault occurred within 1 year and after 2 failed attempts by Smeg's appointed agent over 2 months to fix it, it was replaced under warranty. Second machine has today broken down for the second time with the same fault - the circulation pump has broken away from the motor spindle. This is a 100% pure design fault, the thing is not fit for purpose.

Respond

SmegPiece of rubbish

I have yet to find a dishwasher sales person in Comet - from whence I bought this piece of rubbish- who knows what a 12 place setting comprises let alone what size a "dinner" plate should be. I have also learned that as Comet have bought out the manufacturer's guarantee Smeg will do nothing to help or rectify the situation and have basically washed their hands of it even though Comet keep referring me back to them.

Respond