SMC Complaints & Reviews

SMCNever told company is out of business/and have new Name

I tried to log into my website and could not get in or find it. after searching the web I found out through complaints of others that SMC is no longer operating, and that there is a new site, which you would have to sign up and pay again. I was never informed of such a change, and do not feel I should be made to pay again, after I invested so much already. There is no one responding to my inquiries.
What is going on here!!

• La
    Laura Nivar Apr 22, 2009

I was charged for a memebership which I never used and tried several times to cancel but they keep taking money from my checking account but never acknowledge my calls. I want out of this hell!!!
    Help me get results please.

truck driver dad Sep 12, 2009

smc will not refund your money only take it .BBB does not help either, they should warn people about them!

samilee98 Mar 03, 2010

i agree. and the BBB page wont even let me subit my complaint. so i am using every resource out there to get the news out and damge this company for good like it has our lives.

• Rh
    Rhonda Shepherd Nov 25, 2012

i have been trying to log into the site for months. did not know the company had gone out of business. they still owed me money because a few items i ordered, never came and was given credit for them. this is poor business and customer service. hope you butt-holes never manage or own another company. you took a lot of my time and money. rhonda shepherd

SMClying about what you are getting

I ordered the general SMC membership with a slight upgrade to recieve catalogs they promised. I was told that I would recieve 70 catalogs and that the world of products catolog price was $3 something for under 100 catalogs, and that I would get 70 of these and some coupons for an additional $200.00. Thinking this a decent deal, before I recieved the package the coach assigned to me told me that I instead would only receive 60 catalogs, that this number had changed, and that also I would get only 10 of the $3plus catalogs and 25 each of two tinyer company product lines with a tiny fraction of the company products. When I thought I was paying an additional $200.00 (A total of about $500.00, to include the $300.00 membership fee), for the "platinum membership" so that I could get a jumpstart and give out catalogs (70) to company business, I was told that my $200.00 would now only get me 10. They said that they are going to review their recording of this conversation, but I will have to pay to return their platinum package. They would rectify this they said. I told them that rectifying would be sending me the 70 catalogs they told me I was getting for the $200.00 they took out of my bank account ALREADY. Not me having to pay money for their ..."LYING".

SMCNot As Described

This company I found by clicking on an ad to do typing online at home well it is a lie it is a fraudulent company there is no being paid just simply by typing for them. It is a catalog page they send you when you sign up to a different web page which was not as described on the ad at all! It is about buying and selling worthless products that cost too much and who would buy any I doubt anyone would. I was lucky I was smart I had to cancel my charge card and get another one so they could not bill me further. I was smart enough to defend myself on the telephone. I am still trying to get my membership which was to be a free trial back of $2.95 I spoke to two people on the phone to cancel it and they have better listen to me. It is not typing. I will continue to warn people about this awful company that rips people off $2.95 (or more). I have read complaint after complaint about this SMC Marketing Company. I want a refund in full. I will keep warning people and please listen to me do not buy into their products. CANCEL right away with your charge card company and get a different number work through your charge card company so you are not billed any further. They are taking advantage of people wanting to be typists at home and if they get $2.95 out of every one that signs up using that ad that is a lot of money to not refund.

SMCscam

I had decided to try to start a business. SMC promises so much. i joined and got the kit--which is worthless by the way. i paid $400 for the kit. (their prices range form $200-$500 for the kit, depending on how many notices they send you before you agree to join) so i get this kit, watch a DVD, read through the booklets and try to get all the info i could. it then said to call my business coach, which i would have for a whole year instead of just the 90 days. she then convinced me to spend over $5, 000 to upgrade my membership, get a gift card redemption site, catalogs, gift cards ect. asked me to call and set up the gc website with another gentleman named Justin. then through him i had to spend over another $5, 000. this was to get my website functioning, they do all the work to keep the online catalog updated throughout the year. a couple weeks later i get a phone call from a Steve Johnson at emerchant club. he wanted ocer $2, 200 to make it so my website is even better. then first time customers didnt have to use a gift card. they could pay by credit card, pay pal ect. a couple weeks later i still have no website. he calls yet again and wants more money. i explained how much money i have spent and have nothing to show for it. and how i am a single mother at the moment and cannot keep shelling out money when i dont make any. he puts me on hold and says he talked to his boss and can offer me the same package for a little less. (this is what they all did to make you feel like your getting a really good deal. i blew up at him. he said he'd call after my website was up. and he did, and of course they want more money. then i get a call from another gentleman who says my website needs work. so now i have all this money invested, a website, tons of catalogs and gift cards, but none of it works. still cant place orders, no money coming in to pay bills. i wasnt expecting to get rich, but at least be able to make a steady income like they said was possible. and not for them to drain my bank account. i have nothing now. i had registered for their website. now it tells me i am not a member. they also try to make you feel better about investing. well over $16, 000 spent and i had over $9, 000 in credit for merchandise, supp;ies or whatever. i just received an invoice the other day that i got charged $314.95 for membership/renewal fees out of my credits. (membership is supposed to be for a full year!) so now my credits are down to $7, 000.and i have no way to use them. my member number doesnt exist, but yet when these people call me they have to tell me my #. my member # is [protected]-69. (they use just the first 8).i am at my wits end and feel so heartbroken and foolish now. i have all these notebooks with so many different names and numbers for these people.but yet i cant get anywhere. please someone help!

• Fr
    frankies_girl May 26, 2010

Make sure to file a formal complaint with the FTC (www.ftc.gov), the better business bureau (www.bbb.org) and also with your state's attorney general's office (just google attorney general contact info for your state).

Good luck!

SMCNo way of getting visitors to your store!

I decided to call smc after seeing a commercial late at night, it sounded like a good idea. At first, they were real nice (before they had my money) and seemed to be very helpful in making a desicion. They made it all sound so good I decided to get almost everything I could, and ended up spending over $10, 000 with smc. At first I was excited to have everything up and running, but then I realized I was getting no visitors to the store at all (and I didn't sign up to sell products physically or I wouldn't have spent so much on the store!) So I decided to ask about this and turns out they have no true way of getting people to your store, which means I'm basically floating around with a $10, 000 webstore in space.) The only thing he told me about was passing out more catalogs and gift cards (trying to get more money) and how I was on the search engines. Big deal, so is absolutely everybody else and it never generated one hit to the store.

I was ready to give up on everything until I spoke with a gentlemen from about marketing and advertising the store (I did make sure to stay away from ecommerce and everyone else on the smc fraud alert list, already had bad experiences with them. Anyway, he gets to telling me that the $10, 000.00 was easily recoverable with the help of his firm, at first I was very leary (being that I just lost $10, 000). But I decided to invest with this man and I AM SO GLAD I DID!!! I never wouldv'e made a dime, let alone any of my money back using smc alone.

So to all the discouraged smc owners out there: DO NOT GIVE UP! It is possible, just not with smc alone, they still provide good products and sites, but people to store are the most important thing.

My advice, find the right company to advertise and market for you. I have since recovered my money spent with smc and have much more in my pocket. I wish the same to all of you!

God Bless

SMCharrassing phone calls

I can not get these people to stop calling my cell phone. They start at 8 in the morning and call every two hours through the night. I have asked them to stop calling...I have taken my number off their call list...and I have been told by reps they will remove my number and they still are calling. They are rude and obnoxious sales people and I want the calls to stop!!! One lady told me she would not stop calling until I listened to her go over the steps of joining SMC.

SMCmember

I had purchased a product kit that I thought had sounded to good to be true... But when I had spoke to 3 individual's something did not seem to be right and than I had spoke with my bussiness coach and I was told that I had needed to put out $ 795.00 in order to have my bussiness to be sucess . Soon after I had recieved a phone call from my lawyer and it was what I had thought that SMC was a rip off it was a good thing that I did'nt invest anymore than what was told to me . I recommend that a person that is trying to get into a home base bussiness that they do their homework and checkout the ducks investigate before getting into harms way ?

SMCUnauthorized charges

I joined SMC and they said it would be a 15.00 charge to ship me out the material to review and to start selling for 1 month without any other charges.. Told me that if I decided to continue it would be 40.00 dollars a month which I would be charged on a monthly basis so that I was not locked in for a year and could cancel at any time. 2 weeks after receiving the kit I received a bill for 1438.20. WATCH OUT!!! FRAUD!!! I called to speak to a person about the charge could not get anyone so I canceled and am sending it back. (at my expense of course). I dread when my credit card statement comes in.. FEEL FREE TO CALL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.. [protected] LIsa

• Sh
    ShaShaPurple Feb 19, 2009

I received a telemarketing call for a Business Opportunity where I would sell a product first, then turn in the money and order. The orders would then be shipped to me along with a check for my commission. I hesitated A LOT, but finally gave in when I was told that I had 30 days to look over the business plan, then I could just mail in, on a card provided, that I was NOT interested and they would NOT send me anything else.

They did explain that I would be having $49.50 taken out of my bank each month. That's when the red light started flashing and the alarms went off. By the time I received that information packet I was convinced I would not participate. However, I still began to have the money taken out of my Credit Union. I called the ph. # on my checking account's history and call the ph. # given. I will be refunded the last $49.50, but not the first. The first $49.50 was taken out last
    year, in December. They told me I would have to contact you to get back my first $49.50 returned. If you need any #s from me or some other detail please do not hesitate to let me know immediately so I can get this process finished. $49.50 twice is $100.00, PLUS the return check fee I also had deduct from me, (another $50.00) and a LOT of money to someone living on JUST Social Security.

Thanking you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Respectfully,

Sharon M. Swan
    1315 Leonard St., NE, Apt. 411
    Grand Rapids, MI 49505

Ph. #: (616) 819.8587

• Mi
    MisoSoup Feb 21, 2009

Don't ever post your information (name, address, phone number) on an internet site such as this. Now it is out there for any scam artist to take and use. Very foolish.

johnny dyer Sep 08, 2009

i ordered a kit over six mo's ago and i have talked to them also & talked to ups also the kit was to come to my po box but it never got to me when i talked to them agan thay said that thay do not ship to po. box's so thay sent it to my ex wifes apt and someone at the office signed for it so here it is six mo's later and i have not got my money back or have i seen the kit yhat i don't wont now and i get tired sitting on the phone tring to get my money back there has got to be someone that can get something done about this and get my $79.00 or so back thay may owe me more then that johnny dyer #404-783-7220

johnny dyer Sep 08, 2009

thay suck

• Pe
    pennyplace Dec 12, 2009

I got scammed by these guys as well. They said it was easy and all you had to do was get a website going and they did all the rest. I spent alot of money for their products and catalogs. I also spent a lot of money for setting up a website and the monthly fees put on my cards were outrageous. I ended up in so much debt. Then I got a few boxes of their products to do a home party, figuring I already had all this money invested why not try to do home party. The product came and what a joke, I could buy more quality stuff at a dollar store. It was embarrassing so much I never did the party. And the gift card thing is a rip off I had over two hundred dollars worth and never doing a party decided to use them myself and they would not let me because I purchased them and my website wasn't working properly. They got me for almost $2017, and they still send me emails oh yeah and I got another set of catalogs with a bill they were going to charge my card. But the joke was on them this time because I had to cancel the card awhile ago for the the charges they kept putting. Also they tried to get me to sell on Ebay and Amazon and when I checked it out, that was a joke also considering there was about 50 - 100 or more people already trying to sell the same stuff. Stay away from them and as for getting any money back it will never happen. The Better Business Bureau can't help because you consent to everything and don't know they are scams. What I have learned is don't do any ONLINE at home jobs from the internet, they are all scams. But hey you can start one of those and charge to give them great ideas for online jobs and then you can make tons of money and become a scam artist yourself. Or you can be a decent person and just get a normal job and work hard for your money the old fashion way. I even did mystery shopping some and got out of that real quick, one did not pay because I was not perfect for them and another just didn't pay. So I think they are scams as well.

• Te
    TedP99 Dec 25, 2009

DO NOT answer the phone if SMC calls you and if you do answer the phone just hang up on the person talking. They are thieves, scammers and a fraud.

I am a nice guy and was very polite to the sales person on the phone and got suckered in. Don't let this happen to you. Hang up the phone. Even though I canceled everything during the trial period and BEFORE membership funds were to be paid.

SMC drew funds on my checking account without authorization and made my account overdrawn. Now I am stuck without funds and have additional penalty fees to pay. Thank you SMC.

Sales person was Joe Ford at least that was his phone name 1-800-794-8418 Ext. 4538 www.smcorp.com Evil Evil Evil

Be wary of these numbers 877-384-4691 800-345-4762 This company makes other MLM franchises look good and thats not saying much.

YOU have been Warned!

• El
    Elizabeth and Newman Feb 28, 2012

I am very sorry this happened to you me and my husband were ripped off as well!SMC and emerchant team up yo tell you lies so they can get your card#.They dont care about you or whether you have A family or not They are truely BaDDDDD!
    so if theres any one looking to choose SMC and emerchant you will be very disappointed
    Please dont let this happened to you!For you all and us dont worry God is watching Them they wont last long!
    If you have been ripped off there is someone called ripoff its under bad comments about SMC!!!

SMCmembership fees

paid 39.95 start fee, received catalogs, was contacted several times by reps; after attempting to sell merchandise in my neighborhood with no sales, was told to try other options, all requiring investment, which I informed them I could not do{I'm on ssi} they are billing me $439.81, and have turned it over to a collection agency: I haven't sold anything or collected a dime!

SMCTerrible company

I wish that I had known about your web site before contacting SMC. I contacted the company to learn more about making extra money. I received a couple of phones calls filled with promises of a great side income.

The day after my second phone conversation, I decided to cancel my membership before the end of 30 days. I was informed that the $5, 580.00 I was talked into putting on my credit cards is non refundable. This was not clearly explained when the charges were made. I was told that they have me on tape agreeing to the charges.

I returned the kit. now I am waiting for a return of my $399.00 membership fee. Despite my cancellation, I now have an invoice for over $5, 000.00. SMC will not return my money. I was told that that was not their policy. I 'should have asked questions'. It's a business.

Need some SMC products? LOL. I seem to be stuck with this company until I sell enough items to get my money back.

SMCcancellstion of membership

on feb. 19, 2009 I agreed to join this club and extended my debit card in the amount of 39.95. After considering the package over the weekend I decided it isn't for me. Today on several occasions I attempted to cancel. 1st conversation w/their customer service stated I needed a membership # in order to cancel & it would be available by noon. Again I attempted to cancel and provided my membership #. I was told that I had 3 business days to cancel and I took advantage of canceling. I am now told that I have to wait for kit to be shipped to me and return it in 30 days in order to get refund less shipping and handling both directions, , I have the right to be refunded full amount prior to smc shipping membership package.Please help, sincerely Cindy Bonnette P.S the sales rep that I joined with reassured me of 3 business days to cancel, that conversation came up several times. I tried to reach that person by phone and the # has been changed?!

• Cy
    cynthia bonnette Feb 23, 2009

had to share with someone and am hoping i can resolve this matter without additional leg work. thank you and please close the sight

• Cy
    cynthia bonnette Feb 23, 2009

thank you, I havde no further comment and need to close

trucker1226 Jul 12, 2009

how do i cancel my membership through smc they screwed me i told them i didnt have money in my account and they took it anyways how do i cancel please help [email protected]

trucker1226 Jul 12, 2009

is there any way to cancell a smc order they took money out of my account after i told them i was broke until a later date so now im negative thanks to good ole smc anybody got any suggestions on how to sue the ###

• Sh
    shirlroy Sep 26, 2009

all wrong they lie

• mcalleyboy Feb 24, 2010

No option to opt out of a constant and daily barage of e-mails.

• Ca
    Calbre1611 Jun 17, 2010

I am now having a problem with my membership. They of course told me that I would also have to ship the product back to them within the 30 days. But I was also told by the person that I spoke with that my 30 days would not start until I received the package. Now I am being told it started as soon as I hung up with the person that took my order. So they are giving me and it seems like everyone else the run around. I was also told that I shouldn't have to pay anything to ship the box back. I have yet to even receive it.

SMCTrying to Cancel Membership

SMC representative bullied me into signing up. He said he had to complete the speal before the membership was complete. I told him I had to get back to work (after he got my account number). He told me he would call by 2/16/09 to complete the order. on 2/17/09 the $24.95 was taken out of my account. I called the company on 2/17/09, the third person I talked to gave me the cancellation hot line on instruction how to return the kit because it is 30 days. I it is now 2/20/09 and I still haven't received the membership sign up kit so I can send it back. I am afraid they are going to wait the 30 days then charged me the full fee over the next 12 months.

I will cancel my account - My feelings are this is a real con artist company.

• Sc
    scamalert Mar 10, 2009

DO NOT DEAL WITH SMC, TOTALLY FRAUD TRYING TO GET YOUR BUSINESS AND SIGNS YOU UP FOR A WEBSITE YOU NEVER CONFIRMED WHICH THEY USE YOUR INITIAL CREDIT CARD NUMBERS TO PAY FOR AT 29.99 A MONTH, PLUS THE DUE FOR THE CLUB AT 39.99 AMONTH, AND THE BOOKS THEY SEND YOU EVERYTHING IS 10.00 TO SHIP IT, EVEN ALITTLE MUG, MAJOR RIP OFF, DO NOT USE THESE SCAM ARTISTS AT ALL, IF YOU DO ORDER, CANCEL SEND BACK THE KIT AND GO TO YOUR BANK AND LET THEM KNOW YOU SENT IT BACK WITH PROOF AND THEY WILL GET YOUR MONEY BACK FOR YOU BUT ONLY WITH PROOF OF RETURN !!!

SMCRip off

We called them hoping to start our own business.We paid the first fee so that we could get the start-up kit. After the first month we paid the second fee. We never ordered any stuff from them. We realized that this was going to get into to much money and we didn't have it, so we canceled our membership. About a week ago they(smc) called my house and said we must pay them 400 dollars for stuff we received from them or they are going to sue us in court. I would like to join others who want to countersue them for being the rip-off that they are.

• Mn
    mnelson Feb 21, 2009

I too was scammed by SMC and would like to join the suit. I never received the call from my coach...when i got through o someone they told me my account was canceled. after several months my bank account was still being "attacked" after that they sent me past due notices for the remainder now they are send it to collections.
    [email protected]

• Bl
    blstanford2 Jul 27, 2009

i also was taken by smc also a friend of mine we both would like verry much to join a suit on this can someone help! PLEASE
    Barry Stanford
    email at [email protected]

• Pa
    PakW71 Aug 17, 2009

I, like many others, have experienced the truth behind SMC. Like most members, I was watching the SMC infomercial late one night thinking it sounds good, so I decided to give it a try.

What a mistake that was...

Granted, this was a few years ago. But after seeing the infomercial on the other night, I was prompted to write a complaint.

After signing up, I received all my items shortly in the mail. I had elected to pay the entire membership fee upfront, instead of the quick-start amount because I was sure I wouldn't regret it.

I immiediatley began looking through the catalogs and looking at the "confidential" price guides, showing members' costs, MSRP cost, and suggested sale cost. I immediately noticed the prices were ridiculously low compared to their suggested price.

Anyway, I started listing things on eBay. Days went by and no bids. Weeks went by and no bids. Before long, I had racked up so much money in eBay listing fees, I was becoming very discouraged. I finally came across a couple items that did actually sell, granted they weren't worth much, but I did sell a few. (buckwheat neck pillows).

I then discovered one of SMC's dirty little tricks...if you don't place an order for more than $25, you are charged a $2.50 "service fee". That may not sound like a lot, but considering that most customers will only buy 1 item, your chances of making a big order are very slim. So basically after all the eBay fees, PayPal fees, SMC fees, I barely would break even on each item.

SMC's items do not "sell themselves", as the commercial says. In fact, they are junk. They are cheap nick-nacks you would expect to find at flea markets (which is one of their big selling strategies...go figure). And don;t even bother trying to sell their jewlery. If you look on eBay right now, there are 1000's of listings selling all his gold and diamond crap, and they are all SMC (you can tell by the generic stck photo SMC gives you to use for listings). Who in their right mind would buy a diamond necklace with a supposed value of $1000 when the seller is only selling it for $100? Think about it...

SMC's MSRP values are VERY inflated, and in my opinion, VERY misleading. In their commercial they claim you can sell items for 200-300x what you pay for it. Well...in theory yes. but in reality...no. They put their MSRP values on their items at such high amounts, it is laughable. You will be lucky to get anywhere near what they claim its worth. In fact, most the things I was able to sell I could only get less than half the amount they claimed it was worth. And even then, I was still barely breaking even.

One thing thy also fail to mention in their commercial is the fact that once you pay the $100's in membership fees, you have to renew your membership yearly, or they drop you like a used kleenex. Beleive me, I know. You can spend $100's or $1000's on buying their items, but if you don;t renew your membership by the day its due, they will cancel you and won;t even give you a grace period to get back in if you forgot the date (not that you would want to).

SMC's success stories on the commercial literally make me laugh. When I watch those, I always think "who in their right mind would walk into those little stores and actually buy that junk? The products actually look halfway decent in the catalog, but once you actually see some of it in person, its cheap plastic junk.

SMC is simply another "get rich quick" company on the late night infomercial TV lineup. Don;t buy into it, and don;t get sucked in like myself and many others have. It isn;t worth the hassle and definitely not worth the money.

SMCFraud

I got a call from smc and when i was told about the good things they had to offer I thought this was a great deal...I spoke with a lady and told her i wanted to be billed the 39.95 plus tax to my credit for the next 11 months because i didnt have the full price of 315.95 up front the rep said that was fine...After i gave rep my info the call was disconnected i tried to call back and got a rude guy that said that the request never went through and it was my fault i didnt remember the womans name and he hung up on me...I called back and asked for a manager that told me that my credit card was going to be billed 315.95 within the next 2-3 days advised the supervisor at that time that is not what i requested and he promised me that it wasnt going to go through that he would cancel it and only bill me what i requested...I told the supervisor that i was concered about how i was first treated and that i didnt wish to be billed anything i didnt want anything to do with there company...Supervisor said that he understood that and would take me off the list and remove all my info out of the system...needless to say 3 days later 315.95 was took out of my account which over drew it bounced my rent check back to my landlord, two walmart checks went back...I called and was very upset they said they would refund me my money but it would take 7-10 business days and it will only be for 200.00 advised them of what i paid and they said the rest will be returned when i send them there package back that i should be getting within the next 1-2 weeks...I waited and i did get my 200.00 back like i was told...I never got my package so i called back and they said they never sent it to me! Of course i was out of my 30 days to cancel by this time frame which i didnt know until that time...So i lost 115.95 and i also was charged 32.00 overage draw fee 2 35.00 return check fee and 7 overage draw fees in total i was billed 641.95 and only got 200.00 so i was out 441.95...I also can no longer write checks at walmart and my bank canceled my account because of this and now i have to pay to have a checking account...DO NOT GO WITH THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE TOTAL SCAMMERS!

• Bl
    Blake Long Nov 01, 2008

Damn! I thought I had it bad at work! This sounds like some real ###. Thanks for the warning!

• Br
    bruce grover Aug 31, 2009

They took 275.00 from our bank acct. without our permission. We would have never known if we hadn't taken a close look at our bank statement.Now I am playing phone tag with them trying to get our money back.Who do they think they are taking money out of peoples acct.'s with out permission.According to the complaint page they do this alot.

• Am
    AMANDA1234 Sep 19, 2010

i am having problems with smc. they have the product in their posession and they are trying to make me pay for it. i never signed for the package. i declined the package and still they are being very ugly and vulger in the phone trying to tell me there is no way i can get a refund or stop current payments. we need to do something about this company. if anyone out there is taking action, please let me know. my email is [email protected]

• Am
    AMANDA1234 Sep 19, 2010

WE NEED TO STOP THIS CO. BEFORE THEY RIP OFF OTHER PEOPLE AND RUIN THERE CREDIT

• St
    stay at home mom03 Apr 30, 2011

I did the smart thing by using a pre paid gift cards for when i do jobs from home that ask for an upfront payment

Trsz May 26, 2011

Due to unforseen cicumstances i attempted to cancel seven days after i signed up with smc and was told by the customer service agent that she would send an e-mail to try to stop smc from taking the money out of my account but could'nt say for sure if that would stop the with drawl.

will have to let you know what happens. the only money i have coming in is thru unemployment and thats not much. i would like to have my own busniess but not at the cost of making a choice between eating and paying bills or trying a new idea.

• As
    asdkjadsfklosfgdgdfh Aug 23, 2011

SMC naam se he sare madhar chood hai... sabse badi fraud comapny... extra charges bina bataye kaat lete hai customer ke gaand marte hur customer ro bhi nahi pata... aisa lagta hai jaise gaand me laal mirch dal diya ho... fatehpuri branch iss mamle me sabse aage agar koi customer padh raha ho aur uske gaand mari ho to kirpya karke dusro ko bataye.

• Ag
    agg123 Sep 01, 2011

BEWARE OF SMC !! They are cunning foxes. Do not trust them

SMCTricky business coach

Their Business Coach does not tell you the truth . I've been force or trick to put money on my credit account for my used to purchase products but did not tell me that it will expire a year later that i cannot get my money back.

All they do is fool people just to get money from them in any way. Beware..

This company is a fraud.

• Wi
    wildflower5 Nov 11, 2010

I had the same ting happen to me. I actually shipped my welcome package back, but they are claiming that they have no record of it. i am now stuck with them billing me $29.95 a month for a service I canceled bcause I don't want my account to go into collections and ruin my credit score. not only are the business coaches tricky, they are also rude...especially when you tell them that you cannot invest in the packages they offer. I was told 'You have to spend money to make money' by my so-called coach. A serious rip off. Someone should file a class action suit against them for deceptive practices. Hm...how would I do that?

SMCNo answer

So there I was, minding my own, when my grandma calls and says that I have a letter at her house addressed to me. I go over there and open it, only to find that it's a statement from States Recovery Systems, Inc. based in California. Apparently, I owe SMC $239.77! There are a few things wrong with this...

1) I am not a member! Never have been! To prove this, I used the account and PIN numbers that the collection agency sent me on the SMC site and it doesn't work...hmm... Now, my grandma is a member, but hasn't used her membership for quite a while, so I don't know what's going on.

2) They sent it to my grandma's house and I don't even live there!

3) The last time I ordered anything from them was when I was in junior high, not even 16 yet. I am now 23 years old. Plus I used my grandma's account; again I NEVER JOINED SMC!

4) Why would they wait all these years to send a bill now? Neither my grandma or I haven't heard ANYTHING from SMC about an unpaid bill. So what the hell?

I wrote, requesting that they send me verification of my "membership". It's been two months now and I've heard nothing. Someone needs to go pull their head out. Honestly.

SMCScam and cheating!

I have had the same bad experience with SMC. There are taking advantage on you especially. After sining and notice that it wasn't the right decision I try to cancel with respecting the SMC process, I was surprised that during several days not hours but I confirm several days I never had the chance to talk to someone, Since 2007, I don't have any idea about the refund. It seams that this business is more oriented to get money when you sign up than the real Internet marketing business. So easy!!! to do business like that. I hope that one day it could be possible to stop this practices, starting by a real investigation of the SMC organization.

The impact is negative for the economy they are killing the motivation and the entrepreneurship day after day and nothing seams stopping this company (SMC)!

samilee98 Mar 03, 2010

i agree. i just filed a complaint myself. it is horrible! i have lost ove $16, 000 since december 2009. complete scam!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices